NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Ando's Team

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Ando's Team - Page 2 Empty Re: Ando's Team

Post by Camo123 Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:13 am

Just a point, Kepaoa is the in game CTR replacement not Bateman
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:12 pm

@Camo123 Yeah that's a fair point mate, can't really get my head around carrying the centre on the bench and subbing on/off of Talau. Who would you pick out of Bateman / iPap?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:23 pm

Ando wrote:@Camo123 Yeah that's a fair point mate, can't really get my head around carrying the centre on the bench and subbing on/off of Talau. Who would you pick out of Bateman / iPap?

I’ve gone Bateman in my team. He kinda feels a bit more explosive and able to get OFH and TBs to match IPap but its much a muchness. IPap probably scores more tries to positively regress towards career average but then so does Bateman probably.

There is a possibility Bateman could play some middle now Ofa is gone, which I’ll be honest I’m not sure the impact (I think it should be positive)

Really long story short it’s a 50/50 and there’s unlikely to be a huge difference between both. Both have historical 60+ averages
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:33 pm

@Camo123 If I remember rightly Bateman played his first couple of games for Canberra as lock and scored well. I think I will see how I feel tomorrow morning before the Tigers kick off.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:44 pm

Round 14

Round Score: 849
    Overall Rank: 5th

After Hynes got a steady 64 I was confident Captain Cleary was going to help cut down Booze's lead at the top but the Fantasy Gods had other ideas!

Quite happy with the 849 score in the end and it ends up being a 'What Could have Been' type round for me.

Going iPap over Bateman wasn't the best start but I feel as though over the course of the season these two will average around the same.

With news that Cleary is out for 6 weeks I think Cleary > Moses is a bit of a no brainer trade leaving 294k in the bank.

Also if Matto is back this week I might look at Harrison Edwards > Matto (leaves 0k in the bank) but there is no rush for this and could wait a few weeks. It would leave my bye coverage looking like this with 5 trades remaining:

RD15: 19 Green dots
    RD16: 12 Green dots
    RD17: 16 Green dots
    RD18: 18 Green dots
    RD19: 13 Green dots
    RD20: 20 Green dots

Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:06 pm

Just realised I currently have 6 WFB's & HLF's to fit into 5 places for RD16. This makes Weekes surplus to requirements and I have $556k for a replacement CTR or MID.

At a quick glance I think JFH could be a good option with him currently at a discount with the injury affected average. Can't really see any other standout options aside from Adam Elliott or just cash down to Fainu.

Alternatively I can use the opportunity to get some CTR cover but it's such a dud position outside of Lemuelu, Bird and Manu.

If anyone has any ideas they'd be much appreciated!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:56 pm

I’m looking at Elliot for round 16 as well, based on whether he gets good minutes and eye test this week,

With his current break even I don’t expect his price to rise that much this week, so I should be able to go from tatola in one trade (with a little extra cash)

I need mid cover for 16/17 and he fits the bill
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:44 am

Hard to give advice to the guy in the top 5 haha. Tbh JFH and Elliot both feel underwhelming to me. I'd be more tempted by Sipley, better average but lower price cuz of R9. Or maybe even Niukore if feeling frisky, since he's DPP. Doesn't play 16 though and I'm a Warriors fan, so biased on that one! Much of a muchness though at the end of the day, go with your gut (it's obviously worked so far). Fainu is the odd one out because he's potentially a cow as well as giving you immediate bank.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:08 pm

@StuDogg101 All advice is good advice! Bouncing ideas off people on here is the only reason I am where I am.

I think I agree with JFH and Elliott being underwhelming, there is every chance they average mid 40's, don't make any cash and require a trade further down the line.

So now I'm warming to the idea of Fainu now after seeing 3 scores of 40 would see him go up over $150.

I'd then have $306 in the bank to flip him to a RD19 player and also have the cash to get Cleary back when the time is right.

As long as he starts this week (already named) and next week on the bye round I'd be happy.

But I guess all of the above could also be applied to Sipley whilst having a better scorer in my 17. Thanks for the comment, it's helped a lot!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:39 pm

Round 15

Round Score: 1,076
    Overall Rank: 3rd

Highest score of the season!

Just seemed to be one of those weeks where all of players hit solid scores with HEdwards (33), my centres Manu (39), Lemmy (38) and Hopgood (49) my lowest scorers.

In hindsight the JFH trade was a total dud (managed to loop his score out for Oloapu), quite frustrating I bottled the Fainu trade when I saw he was named on the bench. I think I will just have to hold JFH for the next few weeks hoping he can at the very least hold his price.

Also whilst the 75 points from Moses was nice, looks like I'll be having to trade him straight back out with him missing 3 of the next 4 games. Really didn't think he'd be in the NSW #7.

Currently down to just 5 trades left, 15 when you include the extra 10 we get.

The Robson making Origin too is quite frustrating but feel as though I am still in a fairly good position for RD16 with 12 players (No Hooker) after 1 trade which will be Moses > Simonsson:

Hopgood JFH HEdwards
    iPap Preston
    Hynes (c) Oloapu
    Manu Simonsson
    Ponga Drinkwater Bula

Simonsson I am content with keeping for the rest of the season as my WFB/CTR cover.

After this trade, I have $390k in the bank. Was also looking at also doing HEdwards to Matterson but not sure I fancy taking the gamble now with him playing #6.

For RD17 I currently have 15 Green Dots if all of my Origin players back up. To navigate this I will have to look at moving on 1 or 2 of my Bulldogs players. HEdwards will definitely go and then I'll have to make a decision what to do with Oloapu and Preston. There is a good chance I keep both with Oloapu still having plenty of cash to make and Preston looking every bit an EDG keeper. Luckily I can leave that decision for another day.

As always thanks for reading and all comments are much appreciated.

Last edited by Ando on Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:58 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but it's extra 8 trades, not 10

I'd skip Matterson personally

I'm in a similar pickle for R17 with some players out too. Simonsson is a good pick, kinda wish I got him instead of Ramien - hindsight

If you can have a look at my tracker that'd be appreciated mate, kinda stuck this week
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:05 pm

Wouldn’t it make more sense to go a CTR short rather than a HOK short for R16

(Turpin vs Simonsson similar prices)
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:48 pm

Shady2K wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble mate but it's extra 8 trades, not 10

I'd skip Matterson personally

I'm in a similar pickle for R17 with some players out too. Simonsson is a good pick, kinda wish I got him instead of Ramien - hindsight

If you can have a look at my tracker that'd be appreciated mate, kinda stuck this week

Ah, that's not ideal. But thanks for letting me know. Big help, will check your tracker now mate.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:52 pm

Camo123 wrote:Wouldn’t it make more sense to go a CTR short rather than a HOK short for R16

(Turpin vs Simonsson similar prices)

For RD16 yes, but long term Simmo gives me CTR cover and also an extra body in RD19 which Turpin wouldn't. That gives Simmo 180 mins to outscore Turpin in 60-80 mins.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:39 pm

Ando wrote:

For RD16 yes, but long term Simmo gives me CTR cover and also an extra body in RD19 which Turpin wouldn't. That gives Simmo 180 mins to outscore Turpin in 60-80 mins.

Facing a similar decision and likely going the same way. In fact, our R16 teams are going to be identical except for two of the MIDs.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:12 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Facing a similar decision and likely going the same way. In fact, our R16 teams are going to be identical except for two of the MIDs.

And I’m guessing luckily for you you don’t have JFH haha. I have itchy finger on pulling the trigger on HEdwards > Matto
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:03 am

Ando wrote:

And I’m guessing luckily for you you don’t have JFH haha. I have itchy finger on pulling the trigger on HEdwards > Matto
    Hey mate great rank I have no words to say how good it is you’ve been up there a while and you’re still there. I’m a bit worried on Matto playing 5/8 this week could be in round 19 as well and possibly round 17 if Moses doesn’t back up. They have a round 18 bye too and a round 27 bye. First couple of weeks back from a calf injury too I think there is some risk he could aggravate it again NRL physio posted something earlier this year about concerns on that when players initially come back from calf injuries.

Also at full strength Parra have lots of good forwards and the mins have to fit in… Matto likely goes back to a 50mins bench role I think.

RCG
    Hodgson
    Paulo
    Lane
    Davey
    Hopgood

Hands
    Matto
    Ofa
    Carty

Just not sure he’d worth paying 760k for and with a BE of 70 odd.

Have you looked at Sorensen at all? He’s one that’s catching my eye. Seems to have locked down the left edge role in the best team in the comp.

P.S. I just sent you a PM message mate for some advice please.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:21 pm

So a little update after some tinkering...

Current trades are:

Moses > Simonsson
    Robson > Turpin

Gives me 13 for the week. I'll then have Oloapu and HEdwards out next week for 17 as long as Teddy and Haas back up (both play Sunday so confident this happens).

I think I prefer Grant over Robson for the run home so happy enough to cut him now.

Roll on Friday!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:48 pm

Team Bailey!

Agree with your desire to get grant, definitely the best hooker for the run home
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:52 pm

Round 16

Round Score: 880
    Overall Rank: 2nd

One of those rounds where all of my players seem to pull out a good score with Oloapu the only exception. Unfortunately he was unable to leave me with a nice parting gift in his last appearance for my team.

Feel sorry for him in real life terms, Ciraldo moving him to middle during the game is mind boggling. He's an 18 year old half back trying to find his feet in first grade which is difficult enough, never mind being shifted about positions taking on the big blokes in the middle.

The late news of HEdwards OUT was a tad frustrating, didn't really want to use the extra trade but ended up grabbing Matto 5 mins before Parra kicked off. All being well he goes on a run now playing the role he played last season.

My other 2 trade ins Turpin and Simonsson were both brilliant, Turpin's value will hopefully keep making that cash and bridge the gap for a Harry Grant upgrade after Origin. Simonsson likely to be my CTR/WFB cover for the season as I doubt I keep Manu for the season if he is back to playing centre full time. Will be looking to upgrade him at some point post Origin as if Teddy does get a rest he will have opportunities to gun it at WFB.

Pre-trades I have 16 green dots for RD17 and have Oloapu on the chopping block with $359k. Currently thinking Oloapu > Bird as I need a RD19 CTR and hoping the few weeks off will mean he comes out firing. Luckily the Dragons play 1st this week so I can reverse if needed.

I only have 2 Origin players (Haas & Teddy) so confident both back up with them both playing Sunday. I've managed to avoid most of the TLT carnage, with just Lemmy and Matto benched. Lemmy should still get 50-60 mins and there is always a strong possibility KBrom or Kaufusi get suspended again. Matto proved last year he can score well from the bench.

Captaincy currently on SJ, but also have JDB or Haas as options. Think Haas is too much of a gamble after Origin:

Turpin
    Haas JDB JFH
    Hopgood Matto
    SJ (c) Boyd
    Bird Manu
    Drinky Teddy Ponga
    Simonsson Harris Horse Lemuelu
    EMG: Hynes Preston iPap Bula

1 TRADE REMAINING bounce

Last edited by Ando on Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:35 pm