NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson  :heart:  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Post by mickspicks Wed May 03, 2023 8:49 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

If he's not fit enough to play 80 minutes as an outside back, I doubt they'd be starting him in the NRL.

Brenko injured, Gildart wanting a release, Jennings and Edrick being shit so Tesi slots back to wing... Te Whare is next man up. I'm just saying don't be surprised to see him gassed and Null shifts wide.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson  :heart:  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Post by Mulvy Wed May 03, 2023 8:49 pm

mickspicks wrote:

It's actually not because of Milford but because of the fitness of Te Whare. Null is the only one who can shift to centre effectively. I could be wrong but it makes the most sense (either Knik or Milf to a stint at lock, Null to centre and Kbrom/Gilb 2RF).

Yeah maybe. I don't know. I think if you're good enough to be picked at centre, you're able play 80 minutes and vice versa, but stranger things have happened.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 03, 2023 8:51 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

If he's not fit enough to play 80 minutes as an outside back, I doubt they'd be starting him in the NRL.

He plays 80 every week.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 03, 2023 8:54 pm

mattnz wrote:

He plays 80 every week.

That's true but tbf he's been looking out of sorts half the time. Attack he's a beast, defence not so much. A team like the sharks should be able to exploit him easily.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 03, 2023 8:57 pm

Lemonelu gonna shift to centre and bag another double late bounce
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 03, 2023 8:57 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I forgot to add, it gets even harder, I need him next week so I can push Manu back to centre for Null, I'll be running Bula for two weeks as it is. If I'm trading Miller I'd need a WFB that's absolutely screaming to be traded in. Not sure there is one.

Ah shit, me too. Yeah, Miller stays.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed May 03, 2023 9:02 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I read this earlier. Is it based on anything?

Bellamy used Papenhuyzen/Hynes as small forwards a bunch of times, so now any coach might do it with anyone?
    I personally find it difficult to imagine Milford running around in a lock role, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I believe there have been 2 occasions where Wayne has left one of his interchanges unused (so a chance that happens?), then there's been a bunch of small minute roles (10ish) typically for Donoghue.
    I'd think the most likely IF Milford gets a run, is for JMK to get a short spell (10min?) and Kodi/Milf jumps into Hooker for a brief stint?

But it would just be a guess at coaching strategy (so more likely to be wrong than right)

danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed May 03, 2023 9:04 pm

Krump wrote:
    Just noticed you had a 26 finish. Fuck me dude play a team game

Pardon?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 03, 2023 9:06 pm

easytiger wrote:

Bellamy used Papenhuyzen/Hynes as small forwards a bunch of times, so now any coach might do it with anyone?
    I personally find it difficult to imagine Milford running around in a lock role, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I believe there have been 2 occasions where Wayne has left one of his interchanges unused (so a chance that happens?), then there's been a bunch of small minute roles (10ish) typically for Donoghue.
    I'd think the most likely IF Milford gets a run, is for JMK to get a short spell (10min?) and Kodi/Milf jumps into Hooker for a brief stint?

But it would just be a guess at coaching strategy (so more likely to be wrong than right)

I dont really think milford has anything to do with te whare tbh.

If they wanted to give te whare a rest then lemu ctr kbrom edge.

Half expect milford to drop out and donohue to come onto bench. Either way milf aint running around at lock
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 03, 2023 9:11 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Half expect milford to drop out and donohue to come onto bench. Either way milf aint running around at lock

This seems a sensible take.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Wed May 03, 2023 9:12 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I've absolutely thought about it. Agree, scores worse with Ponga. 37 with vs 50 without. Problem is, I don't know who I'd bring in who is better. And he plays the bye. If I trade him, basically I'd want a bye playing guy who scores similar and banks 200k. Any suggestions?

It's actually worse when you restrict it to just Knights games; 37 vs 58

There's probably something to be said for Ponga being new in the role and maybe taking a little time to gel?

That being said;
    Millers TB's are pretty much the same between the two samples
    MG drops from 210 > 160 with Ponga - unless his touches are down with Ponga (maybe they are?), then I'd imagine that gets a bit closer over time
    Offloads halved, but probably coincidental in a small sample

MT's up with Ponga - fairly influenced by the Eels game, so you'd imagine Ponga/the Knights sharpen up their defence which should in turn lesson Millers MT's

The first two Ponga games had no GK for Miller (vs him kicking a few goals ever since)

The non-Ponga games feature 2 tries and 3 try assists - I'd imagine he gradually picks some of these up with Ponga

TLDR - I suspect he's still a 45+ average guy with Ponga... which seems decent enough for a WFB this year, and helps that he plays 13, 16, 17
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 03, 2023 9:12 pm

Getting back to RFM, I think CH mentioned earlier. What happened to Sutton?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed May 03, 2023 9:15 pm

mickspicks wrote:

It's actually not because of Milford but because of the fitness of Te Whare. Null is the only one who can shift to centre effectively. I could be wrong but it makes the most sense (either Knik or Milf to a stint at lock, Null to centre and Kbrom/Gilb 2RF).
    I watched a game earlier this year and while it was just one game Te Whare didn’t look like he could defend in the nrl to me.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Wed May 03, 2023 9:15 pm

my tv broke wrote:

If I had to be tackled by an NRL lock, I'd choose Milford (if he was available for that role)... point being that ain't likely

Anyway, I completely agree with your take.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed May 03, 2023 9:17 pm

my tv broke wrote:

who asked for a sensible opinion?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 03, 2023 9:19 pm

easytiger wrote:

It's actually worse when you restrict it to just Knights games; 37 vs 58

There's probably something to be said for Ponga being new in the role and maybe taking a little time to gel?

That being said;
    Millers TB's are pretty much the same between the two samples
    MG drops from 210 > 160 with Ponga - unless his touches are down with Ponga (maybe they are?), then I'd imagine that gets a bit closer over time
    Offloads halved, but probably coincidental in a small sample

MT's up with Ponga - fairly influenced by the Eels game, so you'd imagine Ponga/the Knights sharpen up their defence which should in turn lesson Millers MT's

The first two Ponga games had no GK for Miller (vs him kicking a few goals ever since)

The non-Ponga games feature 2 tries and 3 try assists - I'd imagine he gradually picks some of these up with Ponga

TLDR - I suspect he's still a 45+ average guy with Ponga... which seems decent enough for a WFB this year, and helps that he plays 13, 16, 17

These are all good points.

This one in particular.

This one less so, I do think he's less likely to be racking up assists, that's Ponga's job, but true, it's a small sample and should balance somewhat.

As I say, I'm mostly holding because I need to, but yeah lean towards hold in any case.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 03, 2023 9:21 pm

Krump wrote:
    I watched a game earlier this year and while it was just one game Te Whare didn’t look like he could defend in the nrl to me.

Who's running at him this week again? I seem to be struggling this year, I watch the games, but also the stats, and the forum, whilst gins etc.

Edit: not that it matters, Sharks lethal both sides.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 03, 2023 9:23 pm

easytiger wrote:

If I had to be tackled by an NRL lock, I'd choose Milford (if he was available for that role)... point being that ain't likely

Anyway, I completely agree with your take.

Reminds me of Willie Masons comments on meeting Des re joining the Dogs--

“I met Des in Darling Harbour (in Sydney) and we had a coffee and started talking about football and life in general. Then he just, bang, put out this big book with stats on everything. On everything. From f***ing day dot,” Mason said on his Skipi TV show Unfiltered.

“In his eyes, I don’t know if they are twisted or football has just got to him but Aiden Tolman was the best prop in the game. But to me, no disrespect to Aiden, (but) I was 35 and I’d still dust him up.

“In my eyes I’m like, ‘No, Sam Burgess (was the best), or George Burgess at that time’ — they were killing it. I said, ‘Do you ever go by the eye test Des and look at what he brings and what sort of emotion and physical presence, and how much drive he has on the field and how much he can get people going with him, and the leadership skills, instead of finding your front on the play the ball, tackling 45 times?’

“There’s a reason why you tackle 45 times if you’re a front-rower — because you’re a spot player. I don’t get run at 50 times a game because I’d hope to think that I can actually tackle all right.”
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed May 03, 2023 9:25 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Who's running at him this week again? I seem to be struggling this year, I watch the games, but also the stats, and the forum, whilst gins etc.

Edit: not that it matters, Sharks lethal both sides.
    Honestly I don’t think it matters. If he was bad enough for me to notice in cup games I think he’s gonna be in trouble.
    I pity anyone who listens to my opinion but if you’re that silly don’t jump in and give it a week
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Wed May 03, 2023 9:26 pm

sounds crazy but is there merit in starting Tommy T?

As it stands im playing Alamoti and one of Kodi/Granville/Oloapu

If I moved Alamoti to Luki then im forced to play Tommy T

but then it Tommy T + Luki instead of Alamoti + Kodi.

The other move is just trade Miller to Drinky and then its Drinky + Alamoti

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 am