NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson  :heart:  - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Post by Guest Tue May 02, 2023 1:02 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:Raymond Faitala Mariner?
    60mins 40pts with some upside perhaps?
    HIA through the rotation off but think he gets some decent time out there
    417k so cheap though looks to be back running well again after the HIA killing his price earlier

Injuries are his biggest problem but thats why he is cheap so nothing is without risk

Missing anything major?

I think he’s a good shout and super cheap. There were a few games where he was healthy and only played about 30-40mins is what put me off originally so there’s always a chance he goes back to that
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson  :heart:  - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Post by Boozecluez Tue May 02, 2023 1:04 pm

MF wrote:

I think he’s a good shout and super cheap. There were a few games where he was healthy and only played about 30-40mins is what put me off originally so there’s always a chance he goes back to that

Yeah always a risk, just having a browse through the team lists and offering up something different to Tatola if you are looking for possible value
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 02, 2023 1:05 pm

MF wrote:

Tackled more last week with Preston going off, yes? Also that game was pretty cooked, 59 would be his ceiling.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Tue May 02, 2023 1:06 pm

Regulator wrote:Te Whare literally translates to The House which is a big selling point imo.

Has he been training Te Whare down?
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Tue May 02, 2023 1:07 pm

Are people really worried about Matterson making origin? I don’t see it, got dropped after one game last year and I don’t think he’s been playing at a level this year worth winning his spot back

Post by Guest Tue May 02, 2023 1:09 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Very interesting. How does qld line up?

8 Papa (Swan song) / Tino
    9 Hunny
    10 Welch
    11 Kaufusi
    12 Capewell
    13 Carrigan
    14 Grant
    15 Tino/Collins (Papa starts or doesn't play imo)
    16 Fifita (feel he is locked in, best season yet)
    17 Gilbert/Hopgood/Cotter (maybe in that order)

I think

Tino
    Hunt
    Welch
    Kaufusi
    Capewell
    Carrigan

Grant
    Collins
    Fifita
    Hopgood / Mofo / Cotter

I can’t see Papa making it and I half expect to see a fluff piece about how he’s stepping aside to help the younger generation in the next couple of weeks.

I don’t think Gilbert makes it this year I think he was there last year with all the injuries

Mofo has been huge for the titans this year I can’t see him being overlooked
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 02, 2023 1:11 pm

MF wrote:

I think

Tino
    Hunt
    Welch
    Kaufusi
    Capewell
    Carrigan

Grant
    Collins
    Fifita
    Hopgood / Mofo / Cotter

I can’t see Papa making it and I half expect to see a fluff piece about how he’s stepping aside to help the younger generation in the next couple of weeks.

I don’t think Gilbert makes it this year I think he was there last year with all the injuries

QLD are stacked for forwards. There's about 5 fighting for one spot. Pretty crazy.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 02, 2023 1:11 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:Raymond Faitala Mariner?
    Thinking 50-60mins 40pts with some attacking upside perhaps gut feel?
    I reckon he is capable of much more in a still injury riddled pack but don't want to set expectations too high
    HIA threw the rotation off last week but think he gets some decent time out there again this week

417k so cheap though looks to be back running well again after the HIA killing his price earlier

Injuries are his biggest problem but thats why he is cheap so nothing is without risk

Missing anything major?

King and Sutton didn't play last week.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue May 02, 2023 1:11 pm

Just had a look at the byes and realised DFifita if he plays origin should be sweet to pretty much hold due to the first 2 bye dates

Should have paid attention in class this year

Post by Guest Tue May 02, 2023 1:12 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Yeah always a risk, just having a browse through the team lists and offering up something different to Tatola if you are looking for possible value

I don’t think any of the south’s forwards are a buy if they’re going to keep a 4 forward bench. Minutes seem to be random each week. Like Moale 27 mins 54mins 33mins 13mins out of the team. Seems to be going how the game is played out and if it’s a blow out Tatola / Arrow might not come back for a second stint.

Last edited by MF on Tue May 02, 2023 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 02, 2023 1:13 pm

MF wrote:

I think

Tino
    Hunt
    Welch
    Kaufusi
    Capewell
    Carrigan

Grant
    Collins
    Fifita
    Hopgood / Mofo / Cotter

Dude, you've bet one of your balls and now you're bracketing him with two other players? Living dangerously.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue May 02, 2023 1:15 pm

mattnz wrote:

King and Sutton didn't play last week.

Yeah theres always the threat of players returning, just looking at a few options when I got some spare time this evening
    Just going to bring Fifita in instead and lock down another spot and avoid the overthinking
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 02, 2023 1:15 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:Just had a look at the byes and realised DFifita if he plays origin should be sweet to pretty much hold due to the first 2 bye dates

Should have paid attention in class this year

Yeah this was why I got him instead of Matto when I sold Hopgood (paid off big time since that week) - even with Origin he only misses one extra game (R19) and almost always backs up (though I would think he'll get an early shower in the games he backs up in, but he'll play)
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 02, 2023 1:18 pm

syn13 wrote:Are people really worried about Matterson making origin? I don’t see it, got dropped after one game last year and I don’t think he’s been playing at a level this year worth winning his spot back

Doesn't seem to fit Freddy's energy, right?

8 Paulo
    9 Cook
    10 Haas
    11 Frizell
    12 Murray
    13 Yeo
    14 Api/Robson/Hynes/Bird
    15 Olakau'atu
    16 J Saifiti
    17 Martin

Maybe smokey in Lawrie? Hudson Young? Could see Young getting the nod over Friz, but with JTurbo out Freddy probably looks to an experienced player, right?

Post by Guest Tue May 02, 2023 1:18 pm

mickspicks wrote:

QLD are stacked for forwards. There's about 5 fighting for one spot. Pretty crazy.

Still heaps others too Hess, Luki, Nannai, Gilbert, Wallace, Su’a, Arrow, Flegler, Loreio, Joe Offa, Molo , Horse

Post by Guest Tue May 02, 2023 1:20 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Dude, you've bet one of your balls and now you're bracketing him with two other players? Living dangerously.

Laugh 3 Laugh 3 Laugh 3
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 02, 2023 1:25 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Doesn't seem to fit Freddy's energy, right?

8 Paulo
    9 Cook
    10 Haas
    11 Frizell
    12 Murray
    13 Yeo
    14 Api/Robson/Hynes/Bird
    15 Olakau'atu
    16 J Saifiti
    17 Martin

Maybe smokey in Lawrie? Hudson Young? Could see Young getting the nod over Friz, but with JTurbo out Freddy probably looks to an experienced player, right?

Martin won't be fit in time and I don't think Frizell is getting back in for similar reasons to Klemmer.

My guess is the following:

8 Paulo
    9 Api
    10 Haas
    11 Murray
    12 Olakau'atu
    13 Yeo
    14 Cook
    15 Matterson

with the last 2 bench spots going to two out of Finucane and the Saifiti bros, with maybe McInnes as a smokey.

That said, if Matto does get picked, I would think it'd only be for game one and then he'd get dropped back out for Martin once he actually gets his hammy right.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue May 02, 2023 1:25 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah this was why I got him instead of Matto when I sold Hopgood (paid off big time since that week) - even with Origin he only misses one extra game (R19) and almost always backs up (though I would think he'll get an early shower in the games he backs up in, but he'll play)

It's a combination of things but it's less fun watching titans games when he isn't in my team
    So just going to stick to that ethos, seems to be working so far so not going to over think it

Have the funds to do it now without destroying my team so makes sense to do it now
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 02, 2023 1:29 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

It's a combination of things but it's less fun watching titans games when he isn't in my team
    So just going to stick to that ethos, seems to be working so far so not going to over think it

Have the funds to do it now without destroying my team so makes sense to do it now

I've had a similar rationale with most of my trades this year, and it's been way more fun. It's also why I'm bringing in Hynes and NAS this week Very Happy
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue May 02, 2023 1:31 pm

Was just listening to James Graham's bye round podcast (always a good listen) with Latimore this week and Latimore was saying IKat's mother in law who trains at Lat's gym told him that he was really crook all week in the game vs the Raiders.

Not really that important just thought I'd post it anyways if anyone cared

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:57 pm