NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar

Post by robelgordo Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:15 am

Genderbender wrote:

Well said, the “selective outrage” in our society has always been a joke, we all know what the one thing the Mitchell’s, Fifita’s and Khawaja’s have in common……
    No different on here really is it though?
    Watched some casual/blatant racism on here last weekend get less call-outs and downvotes than a positive post from Mattnz.
    The one thing I found funny/ironic was the Erin Molan defence…
    “It’s not racist because it’s an inside joke on racism”.
    Anyway thanks for pointing it out.

Reading the Mitchell and Turbo chat and was  wondering when someone was gonna mention the elephant in the room, especially when Fifita and Ussie get mentioned thought the penny might drop…

Definitely some subconscious bias in how athletes are viewed, and will leave it at that
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:18 am

robelgordo wrote:

Reading the Mitchell and Turbo chat and was  wondering when someone was gonna mention the elephant in the room, especially when Fifita and Ussie get mentioned thought the penny might drop…

Definitely some subconscious bias in how athletes are viewed, and will leave it at that

See references to "Gritty" vs "Mercurial" etc.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:21 am

Genderbender wrote:

Well said, the “selective outrage” in our society has always been a joke, we all know what the one thing the Mitchell’s, Fifita’s and Khawaja’s have in common……
    Watched some casual/blatant racism on here last weekend get less call-outs and downvotes than a positive post from Mattnz.

I'm only quoting this one as it's a complete tangent and assumes about a thousand things, plus u had this line which made me think its in reference to today - "No different on here really is it though?"

Any thoughts I have on a players efforts on field whether they be right or wrong has absolutely nothing to do with race.

It's very interesting, as I was 100% going to post an hour or so ago saying I am going to bail from this little convo as it will be taken as racist. How predictable.

And.. before calling someone like Wolfie a racist, maybe u should meet them and get to know them first ?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:24 am

Not totally unrelated, I wish Angus well in his first grade comeback tomorrow

It has nagged at me, but I feel there’s a lot of players in the comp who wouldn’t have got the same level of privacy and distance as the nice boy with nice parents from the nice school did. Hope I’m wrong. Will see next time there’s an incident with a player involving mental health and related issues like alcohol, drugs, reckless behaviour etc.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:30 am

Good luck getting people you really know nothing about to engage on issues like this by calling them racist.
    If people perceive rightly or wrongly that huge amounts of talent are going to waste because of attitude they won’t like it and race has nothing to do with it.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:36 am

robelgordo wrote:Not totally unrelated, I wish Angus well in his first grade comeback tomorrow

It has nagged at me, but I feel there’s a lot of players in the comp who wouldn’t have got the same level of privacy and distance as the nice boy with nice parents from the nice school did. Hope I’m wrong. Will see next time there’s an incident with a player involving mental health and related issues like alcohol, drugs, reckless behaviour etc.

I'll bite, what is Angus's background or heritage and culture ? Did u leave out the word 'white' somewhere.

Regards, a forum pal. Basketball cheer
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:37 am

We really need open shop and trade ability. What a mess. Look at the aftermath of Anzac day of all the days !
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:38 am

Genderbender wrote:

I accepted and understood the viewpoint with this even though that wasn't the angle of the original joke from my viewpoint.  I have let it go and have til this day like I said I would.  Wasn't spoken another word of,  never will be from me. Now you are the one bringing it up out of nowhere for no fucking reason, so who's at fault here?  It certainly isn't me.  

So I would suggest you take my acceptance of the situation and the way I handled it and kindly shut the fuck up and also let it go. I am a lot of things but fucking racist isn't one of them.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:40 am

Revraiser wrote:We really need open shop and trade ability. What a mess. Look at the aftermath of Anzac day of all the days !

Premath?? Is that a thing?

Days like this are long and people start wading out into places where the rip can get you Very Happy

Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:41 am

Well, just a note from me since I was the one that brought it up, I wasn't referring to this place when I made that comment. Was talking about the rugby league community in general.

I don't think Latrell wastes his talent either. He plays for NSW and Australia and has probably been the best fullback this year alongside Walsh. Essentially won them the game against the Panthers.

But I still stand by the fact that a guy like a Turbo seems to get more of a pass for not playing well than Latrell would.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:44 am

Revraiser wrote:

I'll bite, what is Angus's background or heritage and culture ? Did u leave out the word 'white' somewhere.

Regards, a forum pal. Basketball cheer

Well sources told me he self-identified as the first Scottish people in Australia, an exiled king
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:46 am

Annnnyway..

Missed both games yesterday unfortunately, would love to be cracking a cold one and watching a game this arvo (4 day weekend obviously was a no brainer).

Looks like updates have come in now, haven't they?

I have a 25 point difference between my score on desktop and on the app, with all the individual scores being the same, nice... (the app seems to be the correct one)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:46 am

The WFB situation is dire. This Turbo thing isn’t ideal. I mean Savage could be named FB but he’s hasn’t played at all yet this year not sure can get him right away.

I might have to go Turbo to Teddy next week not seeing anything at all in WFB I already got Manu, but then not sure I can get Cheese as I would then have 3 Rorters and they do not play round 13. Maybe I just go with Teddy and Manu and get Cheese later? Not sure can hold Teddy over origin though too.

Might have to go E. Katoa to JDB. But then issue is I need money to get up from Turbo to Teddy next week.

I still own 4 Storm players so one has to go and I own Turbo and Haas things looking very messy next week. Haas I will hold. If I hold Grant too it’s 1.7mil on the pine. I know he hasn’t been scoring well last couple of weeks but is anyone considering Grant to Robson next week? I think Cleary and Haas I wanna hold through origin.

If you had to pick one to sell over origin Haas or Grant who would you sell?

Edit they both miss 2 of next 5 weeks….. need to likely sell one next week.

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:47 am

BCT05 wrote:Annnnyway..

Missed both games yesterday unfortunately, would love to be cracking a cold one and watching a game this arvo (4 day weekend obviously was a no brainer).

Looks like updates have come in now, haven't they?

I have a 25 point difference between my score on desktop and on the app, with all the individual scores being the same, nice... (the app seems to be the correct one)

Yeah App is current, they haven`t put the new figure into the desktop or overall rankings.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:47 am

wolfking wrote:

I accepted and understood the viewpoint with this even though that wasn't the angle of the original joke from my viewpoint.  I have let it go and have til this day like I said I would.  Wasn't spoken another word of,  never will be from me. Now you are the one bringing it up out of nowhere for no fucking reason, so who's at fault here?  It certainly isn't me.  

So I would suggest you take my acceptance of the situation and the way I handled it and kindly shut the fuck up and also let it go.  I am a lot of things but fucking racist isn't one of them.

Hadn't initially realised that this was dragging this particular situation back up. It is poor form to bring something that was resolved positively back into the discussion to make a point.

The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:50 am

Rabbits21 wrote:The WFB situation is dire. This Turbo thing isn’t ideal. I mean Savage could be named FB but he’s hasn’t played at all yet this year not sure can get him right away.

I might have to go Turbo to Teddy next week not seeing anything at all in WFB I already got Manu, but then not sure I can get Cheese as I would then have 3 Rorters and they do not play round 13. Maybe I just go with Teddy and Manu and get Cheese later? Not sure can hold Teddy over origin though too.

Might have to go E. Katoa to JDB. But then issue is I need money to get up from Turbo to Teddy next week.

I still own 4 Storm players so one has to go and I own Turbo and Haas things looking very messy next week. Haas I will hold. If I hold Grant too it’s 1.7mil on the pine. I know he hasn’t been scoring well last couple of weeks but is anyone considering Grant to Robson next week? I think Cleary and Haas I wanna hold through origin.

E.Katoa to JDB could pay off. I personally want to see another week of JDB minutes but I can see the urgency to trade in your situation.

Over origin I wouldn`t sell either but if I had to it would be Grant out of thos two.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:52 am

Aardvark wrote:

Premath?? Is that a thing?

Days like this are long and people start wading out into places where the rip can get you Very Happy

Yeah I was going to change the wording as I said aftermath. but I thought about it, and decided it can be interpreted as after the fact because it's affecting things prior to the day. I knew I'd get hooked on that one haha
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:53 am

Aardvark wrote:

Hadn't initially realised that this was dragging this particular situation back up. It is poor form to bring something that was resolved positively back into the discussion to make a point.

Well, I'm more than happy for Bender to clarify what he's referring to if it wasn't the situation with me.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:54 am

Rabbits21 wrote:The WFB situation is dire. This Turbo thing isn’t ideal. I mean Savage could be named FB but he’s hasn’t played at all yet this year not sure can get him right away.

Boring. Flip a coin.

What was his/her name ? [That kept u up all night saturday]
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:56 am

Revraiser wrote:

Yeah I was going to change the wording as I said aftermath. but I thought about it, and decided it can be interpreted as after the fact because it's affecting things prior to the day. I knew I'd get hooked on that one haha

To be fair I can`t for the life of me what the opposite of aftermath is, however I don`t think it`s premath hahaha.

Beforemath

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:10 am