NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar

The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar

Post by The Goat Boys Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:31 am

Chucky wrote:
    What about math?

Slightly better aha, aren`t a lot of guys on here accountants? Looks like it with all the spreadsheets that fly around this place.

Business was always my thing.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:35 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Alright folks, should I take Phoenix's 38 or play Cheese?

I'm leaning Cheese, but can't shake the feeling that Crossland might have a huge update after the match is closed. Riding from the ashes of a dead game like some sort of mythological figure emerging from its corpse in flaming glory.

Like some sort of.... oh what's the name....

Jesus. That's right. Yeah, a three day update could be on the cards.

Or Cheese, who could bag a couple on Tues.

God or Cheese? This feels oddly close

The dragons usually lift for the Anzac day match, I would play it safe and take the 38

Post by Guest Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:43 am

Ah so Broncos have Rabbitohs next week, no wonder Haas and Mam were actually suspended
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:53 am

MF wrote:Ah so Broncos have Rabbitohs next week, no wonder Haas and Mam were actually suspended

Surprised they could see that far ahead with their massive salary cap flopping down into their eyes tongue

Post by Guest Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:58 am

wolfking wrote:

I accepted and understood the viewpoint with this even though that wasn't the angle of the original joke from my viewpoint.  I have let it go and have til this day like I said I would.  Wasn't spoken another word of,  never will be from me. Now you are the one bringing it up out of nowhere for no fucking reason, so who's at fault here?  It certainly isn't me.  

So I would suggest you take my acceptance of the situation and the way I handled it and kindly shut the fuck up and also let it go.  I am a lot of things but fucking racist isn't one of them.

Ouch! Actually missed this…
    The broken TV was right it wasn’t a deliberate attack on you but funny how reading through here exactly what I said played out lol!
    I’m a very forgiving person Mr Wolf, it does require usually two small things though.

1- An actual admission from the person of what wrong they did
    2- An actual sincere apology

I’m not the brightest star in the sky and maybe I missed both of these, could you just re-quote where you said these things in the previous threads?

Or, maybe I didn’t miss them because they never happened…..
    And you instead played the same words like you did here where you “acknowledge that you said words and won’t say them again?”

It’s weird that calling out piss poor behaviour that’s never been truly acknowledged and apologised for can be considered “poor form” because other people have proclaimed it to now be ok and now shouldn’t be spoken about.

I’d suggest that it’s “poor form” to decide for others on how long or how much they should be offended, hurt or disrespected…..

I’d also suggest that saying that the race card is “overplayed” is foolish.
    If someone is racist to someone 100 times a day does the victim only get to call out 25? 50? 75 of those behaviours before they’ve maxed out their card?

My point was actually about other players Turbo vs Mitchell/Fifita and how people can be manipulated to certain biases, but yes, seeing the responses here makes it a much easier to anyone in doubt.

You probably are a decent bloke, maybe I’m built differently But a decent person to me would

Acknowledge what you said was racist- not acknowledge you said words others didn’t get
    Say sorry- not just say you won’t say it again.

Then I’ll shut the fuck up about it.

Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:03 am

Corey Oates our for at least a month, can't imagine it being too fantasy relevant but is what it is
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:04 am

Chewie wrote:

Sipley the best?

Better than all the rest
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:07 am

Finch wrote:Corey Oates our for at least a month, can't imagine it being too fantasy relevant but is what it is

His replacement Arthur’s has wfb ctr dual and cost 385 if someone wants a 30 averaging centre

But does that make hammer more likely for wing for origin?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:09 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

His replacement Arthur’s has wfb ctr dual and cost 385 if someone wants a 30 averaging centre

But does that make hammer more likely for wing for origin?

Almost guaranteed now unless they pick Sami again
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:14 am

MF wrote:

Almost guaranteed now unless they pick Sami again

Taulagi and Cobbo?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:17 am

Genderbender wrote:

Genders Post:

Yeah look, while I absolutely agree with you about unconscious casual racism underlying bias against certain players (or people in real life) I disagree with your approach here.

The only thing this is achieving is entrenching the unconscious bias as a reaction against you personally and making you feel better about yourself without any real benefit.

(By the way I also agree with the fact you called out the original comment and it was helpful that you posted the article on casual racism)

But nobody was ever hectored  or insulted into changing their mind (and in this case the original intent wasn't racist so he doesn't even have to change his mind).

As far as i'm aware, he publicly acknowledged he was wrong so who exactly is he apologising to? You?

If you were personally insulted by the comments then by all means you deserve an apology but how does anyone tell that on the internet.

You could definitely have made a point here without being so antagonistic but you've chosen not to.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:20 am

The Goat Boys wrote:

Taulagi and Cobbo?

I don’t think Taulagi hasn’t had the form this year (if I’m allowed to say that) but for me the two centres are Holmes and Gagai and the two winger spots are between Cobbo, Hammer, Sami and Coates
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:20 am

Great post @Aardvark . The demand for an apology is as silly as the casual racism reminder was useful.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:23 am

MF wrote:

I don’t think Taulagi hasn’t had the form this year (if I’m allowed to say that) but for me the two centres are Holmes and Gagai and the two winger spots are between Cobbo, Hammer, Sami and Coates

Forgot Coates, he’s always in the mix
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:24 am

The Goat Boys wrote:"The NRL is reportedly planning on starting the 2024 season with a Las Vegas blockbuster.

The Daily Telegraph reports the league is looking to kick the season off with a double-header in Sin City."

This one didn`t even originate in the shire they took it from the telegraph.

Trying to spread the game in America.

The game isn't even all over Australia yet and they want to do the season opener in the USA in front of some fringe crowd. What the actual fark :poop:
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:32 am

Oates gone for a month

https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/01/01/casualty-ward-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news-updates-returns-details/
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:32 am

Genderbender wrote:

Ouch! Actually missed this…
    The broken TV was right it wasn’t a deliberate attack on you but funny how reading through here exactly what I said played out lol!
    I’m a very forgiving person Mr Wolf, it does require usually two small things though.

1- An actual admission from the person of what wrong they did
    2- An actual sincere apology

I’m not the brightest star in the sky and maybe I missed both of these, could you just re-quote where you said these things in the previous threads?

Or, maybe I didn’t miss them because they never happened…..
    And you instead played the same words like you did here where you “acknowledge that you said words and won’t say them again?”

It’s weird that calling out piss poor behaviour that’s never been truly acknowledged and apologised for can be considered “poor form” because other people have proclaimed it to now be ok and now shouldn’t be spoken about.

I’d suggest that it’s “poor form” to decide for others on how long or how much they should be offended, hurt or disrespected…..

I’d also suggest that saying that the race card is “overplayed” is foolish.
    If someone is racist to someone 100 times a day does the victim only get to call out 25? 50? 75 of those behaviours before they’ve maxed out their card?

My point was actually about other players Turbo vs Mitchell/Fifita and how people can be manipulated to certain biases, but yes, seeing the responses here makes it a much easier to anyone in doubt.

You probably are a decent bloke, maybe I’m built differently But a decent person to me would

Acknowledge what you said was racist- not acknowledge you said words others didn’t get
    Say sorry- not just say you won’t say it again.

Then I’ll shut the fuck up about it.

And who the fuck are you again?  And I owe you what now?  I don't need to answer to you or your holier than thou attitude.  I've been around long enough that people know my character pal.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:38 am

Cobbo must have one wing, if only on his team's form. HTF feels more like a 17 than a winger - particularly with Coates in the mix.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:39 am

mickspicks wrote:

The game isn't even all over Australia yet and they want to do the season opener in the USA in front of some fringe crowd. What the actual fark :poop:

Im surprised people think this is a bad thing.

Ive said for years they should do this again. Yes its a marketing stunt but why not give it a crack. People in the states have at least heard of the NRL now.

Thing is they will probably do a terrible job of actually promoting it (to people who dont already follow league)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:40 am

wolfking wrote:

And who the fuck are you again?  And I owe you what now?  I don't need to answer to you or your holier than thou attitude.  I've been around long enough that people know my character pal.

You owe me nothing, you’re in Brisbane right? Tomorrow is a public holiday, let’s catch up.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:16 pm