NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 37 - Everybody gets a hip drop!

Khany
    Khany

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 37 - Everybody gets a hip drop! - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 37 - Everybody gets a hip drop!

Post by Khany Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:26 pm

People confident Manu makes his BE
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 37 - Everybody gets a hip drop! - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 37 - Everybody gets a hip drop!

Post by Shady2K Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:27 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Murray got an 87 a couple of weeks ago.  Just saying.

Doesn’t only the most recent score count? Laughing

Nah but he misses 13, 16, 19, 20, with the chance of rests or reduced minutes in between. Not set on it, but thinking about it

filthridden wrote:

Surely he doesn't play 80 every week but if he's getting 60min+ then he's value, especially playing the bye.

Yeah but a wait and see this week for me. The mastermind that I am, I got The Ghost instead. He did get 3 TOS in last week’s score too, though
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:28 pm

Khany wrote:People confident Manu makes his BE

I wouldn't be buying him if I wasn't, but even if he doesn't hit it, he's a genuine keeper at CTR (even when he gets moved back to centre) and that dual position is extremely valuable with guys like Miller and Hammer having byes coming up.

If you're buying Manu this week, you have to hold your nerve and not trade him unless he gets injured.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:29 pm

He’s probably a keeper so not really. I’d prefer to maximise my time with him at half.

I expect him to get fairly close to it
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:33 pm

Not at all but i went back to my first post after the walker dropped news and pulled the trigger

Manu does fit the MTB team ethos

- good looking my tv broke - Search - Page 5 2705
    - good fella my tv broke - Search - Page 5 2705
    - fun to watch my tv broke - Search - Page 5 2705
    - gun player. my tv broke - Search - Page 5 2705

Last edited by my tv broke on Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:34 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah I would wager a large portion of teams up the top had all 5 of those guys.

I personally had four before trading this week, and have sold Katoa so now I have three. I'm most likely selling Loiero to Horsburgh next week (I need MID cover and he appeals to me the most out of the guys in that price range), and if there's a decent cheapie for Warbrick I'll sell him too. I may potentially only have Haas as a red dot next week if I go ahead with selling both Loiero and Warbrick, but if there's no good cheapie then I will hold Warbrick.

I'm hoping I can get a big jump on the teams around me next week since I have Cook and almost all of them have Grant.

Just you wait until you face the wrath of odd round Robson next week
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:38 pm

Fortitude wrote:Surprised wighton hasn’t been spoken about going to union. He would destroy inside centre.

He's probably too dim to manage the change in rulesets, but would be a wonderful runner for the Brumbies!

On a side point - how nice is Canberra on Autumn days like this?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:40 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Just you wait until you face the wrath of odd round Robson next week

Odd Round Robson got 33 last week, I would love to see another one of those next week since I suspect a lot of these Grant owners will trade him to Robson Very Happy

Apologies to Robson owners, I wouldn't really care so much if not for the fact that the monthly prize is within reach.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:40 pm

Aardvark wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Stew was born at the very end of the 60's; 6th of September.

Is it true that as well as being born 6/9/69 Stew caused the riot at the Stones concert at Altamont….unofficially ending the ‘60s’?

I’ve heard he was  very precocious

Stew is out shopping for topiary shears at the moment, but I've heard his version of this (ad nauseum after a couple of Sherrys I may add).  In regards his precociousness, he was actually conceived at Woodstock 4 months earlier, born the week before the Altamont concert, and was working Security on the day of the riot as a fresh faced 21 year old.  

On the Saturday of the riot, when he was in his mid 30's, he performed an athiest-centric anti government soliloquy on the main stage at age 27.  The juxtaposition between this disestablishmentarian ethos and his job working for The Man as crowd control was infuriating for the majority in attendance.  By the time The Stones began their set, Stew (now aged 16) gave the fans the bird and yelled out that he "did it all for the nookie".

The rest is history.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:44 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

He's probably too dim to manage the change in rulesets, but would be a wonderful runner for the Brumbies!

On a side point - how nice is Canberra on Autumn days like this?

Was going to add the point about him being a bit limited between the brain.

Might get some more people to a brumbies game

I’m down coast for weekend, it’s unreal.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:47 pm

Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned, Hopgood only a fine. Are Matt and I the only owners left cheering?

So the bloke who got binned received a lesser charge than Haas who didn’t.

Anyway I needed that with the Storm four and Haas out next week. Was planning and now almost certainly will pull the trigger on Warbrick to Smith.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:53 pm

DarkKnight wrote:Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned, Hopgood only a fine. Are Matt and I the only owners left cheering?

Anyway I needed that with the Storm four and Haas out next week. Was planning and now almost certainly will pull the trigger on Warbrick to Smith.

Michael Caryanis on Grandstand just before reckoned Hopgoods was the worst of the 3
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:15 pm

DarkKnight wrote:Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned, Hopgood only a fine. Are Matt and I the only owners left cheering?

Pretty much what Matt predicted

I hope haas fights it and wins (I doubt he will) but it would set a precedent and clear up some of what the MRC is looking at/for
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:25 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

Michael Caryanis on Grandstand just before reckoned Hopgoods was the worst of the 3

If we're offering opinions, I think hopgood was 'worse' than haas's.

Doesn't really matter to me though. If haas is out (i assume they cop the early plea), oh well
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:39 pm

wolfking wrote:Crossland keeping a decent role moving forward?  I'll have Haas and 4 Storm players out next week.  Thinking I do a Warbrick to Crossland trade today.  Play him over Warbrick too.  Might be a bit reactionary though.

Considering the same thing, only have the 4 storm players though
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:48 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:

Actually now might go;

Warbrick - Niko (or anyone less)
    Katoa - Fifita

Leaves 0K.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:55 pm

wolfking wrote:Crossland keeping a decent role moving forward?  I'll have Haas and 4 Storm players out next week.  Thinking I do a Warbrick to Crossland trade today.  Play him over Warbrick too.  Might be a bit reactionary though.

The Goat Boys wrote:

Honestly not a bad move...might do that to counter having to force one next week with Haas, Katoa, Grant and Warbrick in the squad and Carty on his last legs. I can live with Crossland hanging around for a little bit.

Carty definitely looked a bit wishy washy (getting pushed wider did not help) last night, not really getting super involved and forcing a few things. When it comes down to it, Lane is a weapon on the other edge so logic says they will head that way more often than not.

My gut was telling me to trade him yesterday but I ignored it because it usually has shit for brains.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:56 pm

Been away for a week (family holiday to Melbourne). Get home to see that I've missed 2 entire forum cycles. Oh well. I'm sure I didn't miss anything vital ... scratch

Trades this week were Loiero & Carty > JDB & Crossland.

We'll see if that works or not.

Hope everyone is going well.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:57 pm

wolfking wrote:Crossland keeping a decent role moving forward?  I'll have Haas and 4 Storm players out next week.  Thinking I do a Warbrick to Crossland trade today.  Play him over ALAMOTI too.  Might be a bit reactionary though.

Meant Alamoti here. Hmm....torn on my two options now.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:06 pm

easytiger wrote:

I don't think they sub-categorise it as a hip-drop - they just leave it as dangerous contact, has more flexibility for the prosecution and if it fits the vibe of the signals of a hip-drop tackle then that's what they'll present the case as.

It might not have had the classic hip-drop twist, but I think you're probably going to fall foul of the judiciary anytime you drop your weight (especially when you weigh towards 120kg) from an upper-body tackle that results in all your body weight landing on another player's leg(s) via your arse/hips without your feet/knees bracing the impact.

I'd rather have Haas running out in my team next week, but it is what it is imo and I get why everyone is going to have their own viewpoint on it

study after your summary of the facts I concur sir.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:56 pm