NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 37 - Everybody gets a hip drop!

Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 37 - Everybody gets a hip drop! - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 37 - Everybody gets a hip drop!

Post by Welsh Mafia Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:45 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    He could be busy over the next couple of weeks if Haas gets a suspension.

Coffee

And just like that you're proven right... 1 game for Haas.

Yuck, yuck yuck yuck!
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 37 - Everybody gets a hip drop! - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 37 - Everybody gets a hip drop!

Post by Welsh Mafia Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:45 am

Tohu minutes watch come Tuesday..

Carty to Tohu feels nice
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:47 am

my tv broke wrote:

I might pull the trigger this week on Katoa/Loiero to Manu.. which one though. Maybe the other ends up going next week anyway, but maybe not.

Yeah I was weighing up Katoa to JDB this weekend but ended up deciding to wait another week to make sure JDB is as advertised but this could change that.

I dunno, I still think Katoa has a chance to get a good score and have a H2H this weekend I really want to win and my opponent still has Katoa.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:48 am

wolfking wrote:

He probably could make a decent case to fight it.  Thinking the same as you though.

There's definitely a case but as it's a hot topic atm and I can't see them going easy on any ruling.
    Haas caused the injury no doubt, but it wasn't a standard hip-drop. Mark from Amateurs posted a good video this morning on the proper definition of a hip-drop and IMO Haas's tackle doesn't fall under what they have defined.

As for suspension, 2 weeks is an easy trade out. 1 week and I probably hold.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:49 am

GreenSchist wrote:

There's definitely a case but as it's a hot topic atm and I can't see them going easy on any ruling.
    Haas caused the injury no doubt, but it wasn't a standard hip-drop. Mark from Amateurs posted a good video this morning on the proper definition of a hip-drop and IMO Haas's tackle doesn't fall under what they have defined.

You'd trade Haas out? Yikes
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:50 am

The Cheese will probably make his way back into my team if Haas is out
    The RCG injury doesn't help his case if he's going to challenge it
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:53 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

To be fair, it would likely only be to Hynes...
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:57 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Would miss 3 of 5 if he challenged and lost but issue is trying to get back ASAP at 900k

I’d probably hold either way
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:07 am

If I'm the Broncos I'd be tempted to fight it because they have a tough game coming up with the Bunnies. But after that they have Manly which they probably win regardless.

The only way I'd trade Haas is with the intention to swap him straight back in for whoever it is if I thought the two trades were worth the points.

Last edited by Regulator on Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:09 am

after watching most of the eels game it's very apparent that hodgson is past it...he provides no spark out of dummy half as he's too slow & when he does try to skirt he's too slow for players running onto the ball & they have to check their run so they lose momentum. we on the forum know this & we surmised ok his offence is non existent but he'll make up for it in defense but he's been very poor on that front lately & that cobbo run when he fended off hodgson was a great example of this.

tldr...hodgson is too old, too slow & can't tackle
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:30 am

White Lightning wrote:after watching most of the eels game it's very apparent that hodgson is past it...he provides no spark out of dummy half as he's too slow & when he does try to skirt he's too slow for players running onto the ball & they have to check their run so they lose momentum. we on the forum know this & we surmised ok his offence is non existent but he'll make up for it in defense but he's been very poor on that front lately & that cobbo run when he fended off hodgson was a great example of this.

I mentioned this at the end of last night, but it was a serious question. Anyone know what happened to Mitch Rein? Couldn't find anything on Google or the Casualty Ward. I assume he's not even in the Eels top 30? As an Eels fan, I would far prefer him to Hodgson or Hands.

I didn't hate the Hodgson signing at the start of the year, assuming he could stay fit. But completely agree with all the commentary on him - just doesn't look anything like the player he used to be. Sad to see. Rein isn't Harry Grant or Damien Cook, but I don't actually mind him.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:38 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

I mentioned this at the end of last night, but it was a serious question. Anyone know what happened to Mitch Rein? Couldn't find anything on Google or the Casualty Ward. I assume he's not even in the Eels top 30? As an Eels fan, I would far prefer him to Hodgson or Hands.

I didn't hate the Hodgson signing at the start of the year, assuming he could stay fit. But completely agree with all the commentary on him - just doesn't look anything like the player he used to be. Sad to see. Rein isn't Harry Grant or Damien Cook, but I don't actually mind him.

idk why they let mahoney go maybe they couldn't match the bulldogs offer or maybe mahoney wanted too & then when they announced the hodgson signing as his replacement i couldn't believe they would waste money on such a poor option. now the eels are in a pickle because the backups for hodgson are rein who like hodgson is past it & hands who shows promise but is inexperienced.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:52 am

I think it’s worth at least looking at a Haas trade in the same way people in past seasons have traded out selected guns through Origin.

Misses 4/11, and he’s probably close to peak price. Gamble minutes get managed a bit, price falls and pick him cheaper on the other side.

Ultimately probably still not worth it but will definitely look into it
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:09 pm

White Lightning wrote:after watching most of the eels game it's very apparent that hodgson is past it...he provides no spark out of dummy half as he's too slow & when he does try to skirt he's too slow for players running onto the ball & they have to check their run so they lose momentum. we on the forum know this & we surmised ok his offence is non existent but he'll make up for it in defense but he's been very poor on that front lately & that cobbo run when he fended off hodgson was a great example of this.

He is also coming back from an ACL. Usually takes the best part of a season post-ACL to start hitting your straps. But he's also past it.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:13 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    Weiland wrote:Man, Haas suspension and Storm bye next week is going to be tricky to navigate.

I might pull the trigger this week on Katoa/Loiero to Manu.. which one though. Maybe the other ends up going next week anyway, but maybe not.

Yeah, is there an easy way to count the number of teams with Haas/Katoa/Loiero/Grant/Warbrick?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:17 pm

GreenSchist wrote:
    wolfking wrote:

He probably could make a decent case to fight it.  Thinking the same as you though.

Yeah, you'd think knowing there's a crackdown would figure into their decision.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:26 pm

Think we all know what happened here.

The MRC started with Tapine instead of Haas, and trying to gain some ranks
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:26 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:

And just like that you're proven right... 1 game for Haas.

Yuck, yuck yuck yuck!
    I wasn’t even being serious, I thought he’d be fine
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:34 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Yeah, is there an easy way to count the number of teams with Haas/Katoa/Loiero/Grant/Warbrick?

Arent you the code wizz?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:39 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Arent you the code wizz?

It was a test.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:39 pm