NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Pieman
    Pieman

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - Page 18 Empty Re: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:28 am

leaguegod wrote:Dogs lose their only attacking threat to the tigers and suddenly score the most points they have scored in over 700 days. Interesting

to be fair, newcastle lost their best middle defender and lost their best attacking weapon too.
    Newie were deadset terrible

Missing Daniel Saifiti, Jacob saifiti, Fitzgibbon (suspended), Moga, Ross, Pearce - Then ponga and griffin on top of that. Far out.

The only good thing to come from it will be that Watson may get a bit of time at fullback now which i think is his best position.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:42 am

Mate we’re quite easily the worse team in the comp and lost/ruled out a third of our cap since our last game (foz, Woods, mbye, rfm)

The circumstance of the other team don’t really matter, we scored 6 tries, it was a wonderful miracle for us fans
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:05 pm

Last night you certainly werent the worst team in the comp.
    Newie looked like absolute dogshit
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Your left centre and winger certainly were. Remis smith and holland looked untouchable and that is not somthing that should happen as regularly as it did last night

Agree that Watson looks better at back, late first half looked like he was gonna beat us by himself
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:14 pm

leaguegod wrote:Your left centre and winger certainly were. Remis smith and holland looked untouchable and that is not somthing that should happen as regularly as it did last night

Agree that Watson looks better at back, late first half looked like he was gonna beat us by himself

I know its only very early on in both of their careers, but you would nearly swap Ponga and Watson around.
    Try it at least, coz Watson ain't no starting level 6.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:46 am

good to see the effort rewarded this week, been 3 tough results after that knights win but the effort never dropped, we just lack the quality.

i like lachie lewis, i'm not sure if he is a halve long term but ability wise he is lack but his defense, effort & involvement are awesome

martin and smith still going strong too

Adam elliot is often bagged by other dogs fans but that tracking tackle on brooks saves the game, if brooks gets past him, its brooks on hoppa with tigers support on the way, not sure we stop the momentum at 14-10

leave me off the russel packer fan club, supposed enforcer just never seems to want to touch the ball against us. over last 2 season, he has played 3 games for 15 total runs for a total of 129 Metre's gained, i don't care how he leads the line defensively, that's not the prop i want leading my team
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:04 pm

We’re pretty good for a random broncos win when we are struggling

The footy from guys like Lewis, smith and Martin has been unreal.

Attack was unreal tonight, rare sight. Footy overall has been much better since that awfuln titans result before the bye
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:16 pm

How long do you have Lewis locked in for because I'm guessing you can't afford an upgrade ?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:24 pm

Re-signed for 2 years last week

Obviously we’re still playing mbye and woods but I think those moves have given us the wriggle room we need to atleast keep him, Martin etc
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:24 am

gee they played with some energy, lewis defended bloody well. Hoppa is playing great.
    Martin is just about the find of the year too - which players are in the race for rookie of the year? Martin would have to be up there.
    Fuck me some forward passes got let go from both sides in that game... crazy
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:00 am

martin will be nominated but isaako has been there the whole season, looks the clear winner for mine
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 am

good to have an exciting win, we've lost alot of those games this year

4 from 7 since losing mbye and woods, guys like lewis, martin and smith just keep playing well. apart from the titans game at belmore, the effort has been there every week but also starting to play some footy and thats been pretty refreshing to see

going forward to next year, losing the morris boys will hurt, they had some big plays for us yesterday (that josh morris run before the lewis field goal was massive, he just kept pushing the warrior centre).

but we'll also be getting meaney who looks really promising. neither foran or cogger are all that good atm but feel both are an upgrade on frawley/JMK to put next to the prince.

Sue and RFM will help round out the pack too with guys like ogden getting better too.

we still won't be competing for a finals spot next year but its still nice to feel a bit more positive about the direction we're going
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:40 am

there is certainly some young talent there!!
    You would think that hoppa will go to centre and meaney will play 1.. so that isnt as much of a loss for the centre spot. Jury is out on Meaney's ability to play consistently at a first grade level, hes been bloody good for newie in his few games tho I reckon. Cogger has been garbage.

Is the back line looking something like

1. Meaney
    2. Montoya
    3. Hoppa
    4. Holland
    5. Smith
    6. Lewis
    7. Foran/Cogger/Frawley/MK

Thats a fairly fucking decent, but very young back line IMO
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:21 am

Rhyse Martin had a massive game on the weekend for the ressies. Huge.

Highlight packge:
    https://i.imgur.com/ZxstiXL.gifv

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:48 am

ryno_ wrote:Rhyse Martin had a massive game on the weekend for the ressies. Huge.

Highlight packge:

and backs up to win us the game with his goal kicking in first grade, what a legend

re the team pieman, i'd prefer no montoya, gone off him. hopefully bergamin or one of the others going pretty well in ressies gets first crack

good chance frawley isn't there next year and JMK slots back to utility/ressies

think foz & lewis is the combo but cogger to come in when Foz ultimately breaks down after a month or 2. havn't been to high on cogger either but look to have more footy in him then frawley etc atleast
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:48 am

ryno_ wrote:Rhyse Martin had a massive game on the weekend for the ressies. Huge.

Highlight packge:

Not that I really want to wish injury on someone but it would have been sweet, sweet karma if he didn't stretch and pulled his hammy trundling off like that.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Highlight packge:

surely the NRL have to step in and stop shit like this happening. Fucking amateur hour. This kind of shit happens in local reserve grade rugby when coming up to the finals, it shouldn't be happening at elite level NRL.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Pieman wrote:

surely the NRL have to step in and stop shit like this happening. Fucking amateur hour. This kind of shit happens in local reserve grade rugby when coming up to the finals, it shouldn't be happening at elite level NRL.

Why is it amateur hour ? The guy started the year as an ISP player, would be on an ISP contract (not tier 1) why shouldn't he play in the finals ? What possible ruling could you bring in to stop this and why would you want to ? Minutes instead of games is going to make it unfair for big forwards, number of games + minutes could be unfair to an injured player who spends half the season on the sidelines. Then do you include dispensation requests so we can have the same bullshit with the NRL picking teams. Maybe the only reason it happened is that the rule is amateur. It's a club playing in 2 divisions. Everyone is eligible with a maximum X number of tier 1 contracted players able to play. Pretty sure that was the rule back in the president cup days that you could have x number of players over 21 to allow the flexibility but also some guidance for the younger guys.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:18 pm

i think its a bit of a joke we did it tbh

but the game has bigger things to worry about then whether a club decides to play with 16 players in reserve grade so a guy who started the year there can fixture in the ressie finals. just because we took the micky out of it is no reason to complicate a pretty simple qualification rule
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:27 pm

leaguegod wrote:i think its a bit of a joke we did it tbh

but the game has bigger things to worry about then whether a club decides to play with 16 players in reserve grade so a guy who started the year there can fixture in the ressie finals. just because we took the micky out of it is no reason to complicate a pretty simple qualification rule

Exactly.

Unfortunately, this is usually when the NRL reacts to a minor anomaly with little to no foresight, thus implementing a black and white rule that will create more problems than it solves.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 am