NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - Page 17 Empty Re: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:10 am

No Worries wrote:Is it just me of is Dean Pay starting to look like Wazza Ryan ?

Love child ??

If you mean does Dean currently look 70+ years old, then yes......this coaching gig appears to be really taking it's toll on the poor bloke!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:40 am

I was thinking Wazza in the 80's but it's definately not doing him any favous.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Dogs are trying to retire Foran medically and get him removed from the salary cap. Dodgy af.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Everyone from Matai to Hodges, Watmough to Croker all have been tried and failed. You can't hire a busted and then try and get the insurerers to pay. NRL don't have to make a decision, just sit back and laugh.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:18 am

Someone at the Dogs just needs to show Foran the great TAB facilities at the leagues club, give it a month and he will be gone.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:31 am

dogs have already denied it, sounds like a typical BS mole report

would be nice tho lol
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:37 pm

woods gone, no hard feelings here, glad we ease some cap pressure, wasn't his fault, previous decision makers just completely fucked up

apparently lachlan lewis will make his debut, harsh on cleeland who probably should have already had a go but lewis has defs out pointed him in ressies this year.

given how bad frawley and JMk were prior to tge rep round, you could make a case for both cleeland and lewis debut on saturday but that seems rather unlikely
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:42 am

fair bit of talk that RFM also did his knee in denver and is actually out for the year, you'd usually care losing one of your better performing players for the year but its just doesn't feel like it matters lol
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:20 am

leaguegod wrote:dogs have already denied it, sounds like a typical BS mole report

would be nice tho lol

If I were a Dog's fan, I'd happily see Foran rest up for the remainder of the year, if it meant he was going to be fully fit for a bulk of the pre-season and then next year.
    Particularly given the season is effectively a write off anyway.

I'd have the bloke at the Broncos in a heartbeat.

He's only 27 and yes been playing busted at the Warriors and now Dogs but don't particularly see him as overly injury prone.

He's also a pure playmaker and that is a rare quality in the NRL.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:00 pm

he has seemingly been injured for like 3 seasons now

i think foz still showed signs of still being a quality player early but seemed to play through various injuries from like round 4 or 5 onwards. his contract of 3 year/3 million is gonna go down as one of the worse of long list of bad decisions made by des/dib/castle etc. its top tier playmaker money that he is clearly not gonna give us

in saying that, the broncos, or any other team who would be able to put a genuine attacking threat next to him (milf) would likely see him re-gain some form but its just clearly not gonna happen with us. like woods, its not really his fault that he is one of the grossly overpaid players helping contribute to our downfall
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Would have him.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 pm

I must be in the minority, I just can't see him ever being mentally or physically right again.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:54 pm

I think he needs to land himself in a pretty good situation to ever succeed again but i do think he still has it in him

But whether he still has it in him in 2021 after collecting 3 spoons as our chief playmaker ? I’m not so sure
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 am

SI wrote:I must be in the minority, I just can't see him ever being mentally or physically right again.

I dont think he will physically be right again. I know they have put him out to get his toe right, but far out his back is rooted. The bloke looks like a he has a stiff plank up his ass when he runs.

If he ever even gets back to 80% tho, he will still be an effective halfback.

Of course bronco fans would have him - their first choice halfback is kodi nikorima. lol. Is he the worst first choice halfback in the league?
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:32 am

Foran is done, he had serious Ongoing hamstring issues before he got to the Eels, hence the now constant back issues, throw in the mental scars and it's all over for him as a top Flight half. He won't play a full season again.

If fully fit and mentally strong, he could have been one of the greats. A wasted career.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:11 am

new 2018 squad based on players actually contracted

1. Nick meaney - probs ends up on the wing but as solid as hoppa is at the back, may aswell use these year to find a spine player that can help us score points
    2. Cristian Crighton
    3. Hoppa
    4. Holland
    5. Remis Smith
    6. Foz (for a month or so atleast)
    7. Cogger
    8. Woods
    9. Lichaa
    10. Klem
    11. Jackson
    12. RFM
    13. Elliot

14. Fualalo
    15. To'omaga
    16. Ogden - keen to see how he goes on saturday
    17. Nu brown

Ideally we atleast re-sign guys like martin and lewis

i'd personally still consider using the some money gained from mbye/woods into the morris brothers, i know they're old but they've still probs both been 2 of our 5 best players. they help us stay competitive week to week and i genuinely believe young players will learn more from being in contest, even if still losing then getting thrashed every week. plus its gotta be good to have a couple of legit professionals during this period.

its possible bmoz prices himself to high for us, but i'd like to think we could make a reasonable offer for jmoz at this stage of his career
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:53 pm

leaguegod wrote:fair bit of talk that RFM also did his knee in denver and is actually out for the year, you'd usually care losing one of your better performing players for the year but its just doesn't feel like it matters lol

now confirmed he is gone for the year

Sad

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:28 pm

SI wrote:I must be in the minority, I just can't see him ever being mentally or physically right again.

If Eddie Hayson was banging ya mum do you think you'd be right in the head ?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:29 pm

No Worries wrote:

If Eddie Hayson was banging ya mum do you think you'd be right in the head ?

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - Page 17 Tenor
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:27 pm

Dogs lose their only attacking threat to the tigers and suddenly score the most points they have scored in over 700 days. Interesting

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 pm