NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:40 pm

Grouse wrote:Kinda want to bring in Cobbo over Lemmy. No idea why though scratch

its that damned smile

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 14 Giphy
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

Post by Moanaman Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:40 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Difita + Doorey to Hoskings + Frizell.

Week 6 - Trindall out for a cashie (maybe AKP). Bank the other trade.
    Week 7 - Carty + Carrigan to Hynes + sub $450k player

Could also downgrade Grant to a cheaper HOK during this period if I find I really need cash

N.B. Working on writing up a Team Tracker for those who might be interested in following along for the ride

Can I talk you out of the Frizell trade for Gilbert instead? Better average, DPP, and no Origin with a better bye schedule for 20k more?
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:41 pm

my tv broke wrote:

its that damned smile

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 14 Giphy

He looks like he's hitting on me at the supermarket in the veggie isle
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:43 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I know that Loiero to Hosking is almost certainly forcing things, not really necessary, and potentially even backwards in the worst case scenario. But god it's tempting.

Have already saved 2 trades so far and saving another one this week by not going through with that feels weird. Getting an itchy trigger finger.

If it makes you happy do it. #NoRagrets
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:44 pm

If I was looking at a Broncos back to bring in that isn't named Walsh, it'd be Herbie. Firmly on the radar leading into R13. Easily one of the top CTRs in the comp
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:45 pm

Moanaman wrote:

Can I talk you out of the Frizell trade for Gilbert instead? Better average, DPP, and no Origin with a better bye schedule for 20k more?

Gilbert could play Origin, in fact he did play game three last year and is thus an Undefeated Origin Superstar, alongside Dearden, Hammer, Flegler, Edrick Lee, Brenko Lee and Corey Allan
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:49 pm

Moanaman wrote:

No need!
    I talked myself out of Frizell anyway and went Brailey instead.
    Same price and gives me some much need Hooker coverage for Grant.
    Agree Gilbert would help with DPP - Frizell in was overloading too heavy on Edges.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:53 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Word out of Manly is Schuster has done his quad. Not sure how long that is but Cooper Johns could be an alright stop gap for now?

Same issue as Foran, Schuster, and any other Manly 5/8 - where do his points come from next to DCE doing all the kicking and playmaking?

Played 80 in R1 for just 15 fantasy points which is almost impressive for a starting half.

Priced around 26 and only has a career average of 30.9 starting in the halves. Don't see the value.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:09 pm

My Spidey Senses are tingling....

Why is Trindall in the Sharks Squad? He's not a back utility, he's not a small forward and he's not an organizing half either. The only person I can see him being there for is Hynes...

I'm being paranoid, I know... but....
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:11 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

Neither did I, and that’s not what I’m trying to say, although quite poorly evidently. For me, Hoskings is too valuable a potential cash generating player for me to pass. In order for me to acquire him, I need to ditch someone in that price range, and unfortunately that someone is either Fifita or Carrigan. This isn’t about trading out a keeper, it’s about missing out on potentially $200k + of cash. I figure you have to be able to deviate away from original plans and that is sort of what I’m doing here.

Taking on board what you lads have highlighted, I think I’m now ditching Carrigan to enable Frizzell and Hoskings, then see what happens come week seven and whether I can get Hynes in some other way. Maybe Hoskings is done by that point and he’s the out…?

I have Fifita and Carrigan, would be more likely to ditch Carrigan than Fifita (not doing either):
    - Carrigan is locked in for Origin, Fifita isn't.
    - Fifita is getting 57 average vs Carrigan 59, but they are both getting there on base, not tries, and you know which one has some huge games coming up that will make them average much higher than that this season.
    - I am picking Fifita to be the highest average EDG this year, has base as good as any EDGs, just waiting for the huge games that others won't match.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:12 pm

Moanaman wrote:My Spidey Senses are tingling....

Why is Trindall in the Sharks Squad? He's not a back utility, he's not a small forward and he's not an organizing half either. The only person I can see him being there for is Hynes...

Looks like he mostly came on in the forwards in 2022 in interchange games
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:13 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Word out of Manly is Schuster has done his quad. Not sure how long that is but Cooper Johns could be an alright stop gap for now?
    Likely good for DCE scoring too
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:16 pm

Moanaman wrote:My Spidey Senses are tingling....

The coach stated in a presser that he wanted to reward Trindall for his efforts while Hynes was recovering with a bench spot.

I think they will defo cottonwool Hynes once they are 20 up with 15mins to go type of action...but Hynes still almost bannered last game and came off early.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Graham returns.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:17 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Likely good for DCE scoring too

I have the C on DCE due to this.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:17 pm

mattnz wrote:

I have Fifita and Carrigan, would be more likely to ditch Carrigan than Fifita (not doing either):
    - Fifita is getting 57 average vs Carrigan 59, but they are both getting there on base, not tries, and you know which one has some huge games coming up that will make them average much higher than that this season.
    - I am picking Fifita to be the highest average EDG this year, has base as good as any EDGs, just waiting for the huge games that others won't match.

Sound advice Matt, mirrors my own current thoughts (finally got there).
    I like Carrigan but he's got limited upside (from his current value) and seems to have stalled at around that 59-60 pt value.
    Out of Haas, Murray, Fifita, Grant, Carrigan is the one who is least likely to go boom and therefore gets the boot.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:18 pm

I shouldn't really think twice about Doorey or BMM to Hands to give me HOK score this week even if only 20pts
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

I have the C on DCE due to this.

I have the C on Turbo due to this.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:19 pm

mattnz wrote:

Stop talking me out of my Fifita -> Brailey trade!

You make complete sense but an Edge has to go for me, Loeiro Katoa, Carty and Preston all have plenty of $$ to make.

I know I'll be hiding behind the couch every game he plays though, he almost had the monster score the other week when he was through but it got called back too.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:20 pm

mattnz wrote:

I have both and not selling either but do have 661k bank which was to get maybe Matto and Brailey this, obviously well short without selling decent player like Carty who still has money to make. Probably going 2 duds to Hosking and Hands
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:24 pm

Man gotta have a laugh, Lucy the wife of Ryan from Fantasy Ametuers is sitting in 19th overall, she just jumped on their podcast...brilliant stuff! Toweling us all up.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:47 am