NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

Grouse
    Grouse

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

Post by Grouse Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:08

Kinda want to bring in Cobbo over Lemmy. No idea why though scratch
    Grouse
    Grouse

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

Post by Grouse Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:09

BBowler wrote:I’m one of a few with the Tohu dilemma..

I’m considering the following:

A) Downgrade to Hosking for cash
    B) upgrade to Haas for points
    C) hold him and trust he will play & score well

My team currently for context:

Grant
    Hopgood, Tohu, Carrigan
    Preston, E.Katoa
    Cleary, SJ
    Alamoti, HTF
    Sloan, Miller, Mitchell

Ford, Carty, Keppie, Boyd
    Warbrick, Ikatoa, ITT, TMM

I’m thinking if I get Hosking I’ll be light on mids with a risk of only one week of scoring from him, but can handle it with Ford moving up and Keppie covering.

I don’t mind spending on Haas but restricts options moving forward.

Also was hoping to go zero trades this week as I’ve max traded so far.

Basically just hoping to get a feeling of what others would do in the same situation?

Thanks in advance team 🙏
    I'd trade to Haas personally.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:10

mrbrownstone wrote:I know that Loiero to Hosking is almost certainly forcing things, not really necessary, and potentially even backwards in the worst case scenario. But god it's tempting.

Have already saved 2 trades so far and saving another one this week by not going through with that feels weird. Getting an itchy trigger finger.

Do you have anyone else to trade out?

Loiero almost a certain trade out during R9 Storm bye imo so a few weeks left to milk
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:11

mrbrownstone wrote:I know that Loiero to Hosking is almost certainly forcing things, not really necessary, and potentially even backwards in the worst case scenario. But god it's tempting.

Have already saved 2 trades so far and saving another one this week by not going through with that feels weird. Getting an itchy trigger finger.

I'm bringing in Hosking but selling Boyd instead of Loiero since Boyd seems more like a 35-40 guy while Loiero seems good for 40-45
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:13

I really hate the desicion.

Holding trades this week, only other option was Uto and Doorey to Hands and Hosking.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:13

Shady2K wrote:

Do you have anyone else to trade out?

Loiero almost a certain trade out during R9 Storm bye imo so a few weeks left to milk

Boyd the only other one jumping out, but would mean running with Cook as my only hooker for the time being. Probably sensible just to hold.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:14

The Goat Boys wrote:I really hate the desicion.

Holding trades this week, only other option was Uto and Doorey to Hands and Hosking.

I think you can safely do Doorey to Hands. I'd probably do Uto to Hosking too tbh but that's more marginal.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:17

Given holding trades got you 2 64’s from shittos last week I’d say holding trades is a good move
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:19

Grouse wrote:Kinda want to bring in Cobbo over Lemmy. No idea why though scratch

I want someone to take a punt on cobbo

But lemelu is a better pick for a plethora of reasons

Cobbo would be boom or bust!
    Back Nine Bandits
    Back Nine Bandits

Post by Back Nine Bandits Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:20

I don`t think there is many in here.

Haas potential captainers and Carrigan traders Riki is in a bit of doubt, didn't finish a training session.

Flegler was spotted training there and stated he practices there a bit.

Might be a couple more minutes up for grabs in the broncos middle this week.

Nothing confirmed yet though purely speculation at this point.

Not sure if this helps anyone.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:27

Back Nine Bandits wrote:I don`t think there is many in here.

Haas potential captainers and Carrigan traders Riki is in a bit of doubt, didn't finish a training session.

Flegler was spotted training there and stated he practices there a bit.

Might be a couple more minutes up for grabs in the broncos middle this week.

Nothing confirmed yet though purely speculation at this point.

Not sure if this helps anyone.

this is a great piece of info my friend cheers.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:28

Bethany_B wrote:

I'm bringing in Hosking but selling Boyd instead of Loiero since Boyd seems more like a 35-40 guy while Loiero seems good for 40-45

Boyd looks more like a 40-45+ guy every week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:30

Is anyone trading in a half that isn't Cleary/Hynes

Given I currently only have SJ, Boyd, Trindall I need to bring one in or play short (or I guess risk Trindall's 5 points)

Other than stumping cash for CLeary, options are go cheap like IKatoa (or Hands who I don't really trust long term) for a week and hope for the best with cash to use later

I think my best Cleary alternative is Burton, who has a bit of a tough run coming up, but does have potential at least

Middies like Milf/Wakeham just don't seem to have enough upside

Anyone else worth looking at?

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:33

Milchcow wrote:

Given I currently only have SJ, Boyd, Trindall I need to bring one in or play short (or I guess risk Trindall's 5 points)

Other than stumping cash for CLeary, options are go cheap like IKatoa (or Hands who I don't really trust long term) for a week and hope for the best with cash to use later

I think my best Cleary alternative is Burton, who has a bit of a tough run coming up, but does have potential at least

Burton is probably the best of the "value" half picks unless you don't mind just plugging in I Katoa for a week.

Fogarty is a bit of a smokey but he wont be a keeper or anything - does play 2/3 big bye rounds though.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:33

Milchcow wrote:

Word out of Manly is Schuster has done his quad. Not sure how long that is but Cooper Johns could be an alright stop gap for now?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:34

Milchcow wrote:

Brown or Moses for more R13 options
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:34

Milchcow wrote:

I have Reynolds, last week was an aberration and I expect him to go back to regular scoring, 3 decent match ups in a row, should be lots of goal kicking if they pile on the points

If you can do it though cleary
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:34

Chewie wrote:

I thought you were in Mod training a few years back, what happened?
    Did they pull an Anakin on you? Not being allowed on the council... that can lead to all kinds of darkness

I'd love to get me some mod training. I imagine all the mods here get around on vespas wearing tailor made suits making witty retorts to each other. Oh! but it could ever really happen in a dream life I guess

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 13 Mod-showing-off-scooter
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:35

Shady2K wrote:

Brown or Moses for more R13 options

Moses is a good shout
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu 30 Mar 2023 - 17:36

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Word out of Manly is Schuster has done his quad. Not sure how long that is but Cooper Johns could be an alright stop gap for now?

Cooper Johns looks like a pass even if he is playing 80 minutes on a regular basis

Current date/time is Tue 28 May 2024 - 11:28