NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:03 pm

Loomer wrote:

What news?

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I am out of the loop, whats the news?
    Someone said on an Eels podcast that Grieg won’t get meaningful minutes and Hands and Hodgson could be on the field at the same time. 

Wether that’s just podcast filler or some insight I don’t know. Probably not worth the risk
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:05 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Someone said on an Eels podcast that Grieg won’t get meaningful minutes and Hands and Hodgson could be on the field at the same time. 

Wether that’s just podcast filler or some insight I don’t know. Probably not worth the risk

That is stretching the definition of "news"

Have they even clarified why they are allowed to play Hands? Can all development players be named, or are they getting an exemption for Hands?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:11 pm

Milchcow wrote:

That is stretching the definition of "news"

Have they even clarified why they are allowed to play Hands? Can all development players be named, or are they getting an exemption for Hands?
    Yeah probably shouldn’t have used the word “news”.

I’d be happy if Hands just disappeared completely for a little bit but I’m guessing he wont
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:12 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Yeah probably shouldn’t have used the word “news”.

I’d be happy if Hands just disappeared completely for a little bit but I’m guessing he wont

Hodgson is a sell!
    Back Nine Bandits
    Back Nine Bandits

Post by Back Nine Bandits Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:13 pm

Random Question

Why do the new threads all say 2022?

Is there a reason for it or have the mods forgotten what year we are in?

My Fantasy team didn`t do to badly in 2022 so happy to go back.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:15 pm

I assumed HSS to wing when Savage back

Post by Guest Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:19 pm

Back Nine Bandits wrote:Random Question

Bahaha I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice! I was hoping to go the whole year before they realise.

If it isn’t obvious they just cut and paste the headline before and then change the part number and headline. So the first one of the year was copied from the last one of the year and was never changed to 2023 and every other mod has just copied from the last one
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:19 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Thinking about Captain options this week;

Robson: Stinking effing hot up here in Townsville, which has nothing to do with the game because it is in Sydney, so should make for a fast game come Sunday afternoon.
    Haas: Lots of metres available against the Tigers. Due for a shorter game?
    Hopgood: Had his down game a couple weeks ago, back to his best last week. Eels looking to roll on from last week?
    Cleary: Scoring picked up last week, albeit mostly in the second half. Raiders lacking some oomph, could he find the tryline?
    Moses: Scored 72 with over 1,000 kick metres.
    Turbo: Feeling like a smokey, could find plenty of ball on a Saturday afternoon against the Knights at Brooky. Mudgee. Tipped to be some showers around? Hesitant but keen.

Wait you have (C)leary.... why are you overthinking this?
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:19 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:I assumed HSS to wing when Savage back

Cotric and Rapana are Raiders first choice wings.

Rapana back from suspension this week. Cotric injured estimated return round 8.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:20 pm

Word around the shire is that Tricky Ricky is Sicky of having to play SSHitty and cant wait to trade him back to NSW Cup
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:21 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:I assumed HSS to wing when Savage back

perhaps this...

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 9 Giphy
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:24 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I posted that. The guy is Eels fan not in the know
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:26 pm

Back Nine Bandits wrote:Random Question

MF wrote:

Bahaha I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice! I was hoping to go the whole year before they realise.

If it isn’t obvious they just cut and paste the headline before and then change the part number and headline. So the first one of the year was copied from the last one of the year and was never changed to 2023 and every other mod has just copied from the last one

nrlff mods be like:
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:26 pm

Reklaw wrote:What are my fellow Tohu owners doing? Bit torn on just holding and hoping he comes good or watching him put up 38-42 for the next 4 weeks. My team is also a bit shite to not have him playing.

Wonder if its worth selling him to Hosking and riding Hosking back up to a Tohu/other underpriced gun

I'm gutted about Tohu > traded Cleary on the bye to get him in.
    Was supposed to be my 2nd big minute, set-and-forget Middle.
    I'm selling. BE is a tad high and even if he plays, he won't be as effective, may get reduced minutes. Means bleeding cash.
    Good for Ford. If you have trades to spare, bring him back in once fixed, prior to SOO carnage.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:28 pm

I have gone BMM to Hands.

Don't worry I washed.

Clean Hands and no more filthy BMM.

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:29 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Hodgson is a sell!
    It’s more can I afford to keep him for his score this week so I can grab Ford and Hosking for two other players. 

I do agree he’s a sell and if I forego Hosking then he becomes Brailey
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:31 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    It’s more can I afford to keep him for his score this week so I can grab Ford and Hosking for two other players. 

I do agree he’s a sell and if I forego Hosking then he becomes Brailey

We need a Ford v. Hosking sub-thread.
    Mate, if Hosking is a bust, there's gonna be a lot of manure flying around.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:34 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

I think you will find it is flavour of the month NULL NULL who will see less minutes. Kenny Bromwich has primarily always been an EDG and NULL NULL's days of filling in at CTR on countless fantasy teams are numbered. ESE' ESE is a gun

I started 2020 with Easy E when he was named starting lock at the Knights. He scored a 15 and a 25, so I sold him and he averaged 50 for three games- the absolute bastard. He really needs a full 50 minutes to make his 40 fantasy points, but they seemed happy to play him as a 35 minute starting lock. What I do like about Ese is that he is still only 28, I thought he must have been in his 30s by now. But when everything depends on his minutes, hes not going to get away from you in price- even if he brains it with a 50 he will still be under $400k. But if he doesn’t get the minutes or he loses his spot then you waste a trade. Easy wait and see for me, but I am all for you getting on early for a crowing party when Easy scores a meatie cheer

Null Null job security definitely a risk. If he was simply an edge then few would likely take the plunge, but forward scores in the centre position are something worth gambling on. I can see a world where Lemmy cements that role for himself over the next couple of weeks.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:35 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

We need a Ford v. Hosking sub-thread.
    Mate, if Hosking is a bust, there's gonna be a lot of manure flying around.

I don't see why. I'll get Ford next week
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:37 pm

If anyone is interested, Betr is offering odds of $5 for N. Cleary and C. Munster to Combine for 120+ NRL.com Fantasy Points and 1+ Try.

Also they have another special on offer of $3.60 for Reuben Garrick to Score 60+ NRL.com Fantasy Points and Tom Trbojevic Anytime Try Scorer.

Gamble responsibly Beer

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:02 am