NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust!

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust! - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust!

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:09 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

Are you forgetting that not a bottom 8 any more, but a bottom 9?

Because surely you're not suggesting the tigers make the TOP 8?

Part of the joy of being a fan is that I get to believe in the impossible, and until such time as it's a numerical impossibility, I will keep deluding myself that everything is not lost and we can get our shit together...

Their basic handling errors etc have been shocking - particularly with timing (first tackles etc) and they generally look like a bunch of strangers having their first hit-out.
    But then they've also had brief moments where they actually look like they have some notion of attack outside of the 5th tackle bomb strategy we've had for the last couple of years.
    Basic errors can be corrected pretty quickly, if they're still playing like this in a month then I'm sure reality will start kicking in my front door.

Until then, top 8 baby, it's on

seems appropriate:

mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust! - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust!

Post by mickspicks Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:21 pm

I'm playing iKat this arvo. Rolling the dice with him over Tanah.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:22 pm

robelgordo wrote:

As much as I like Douiehi as a fantasy option, there's a small part of me not convinced he makes the Tigers a better team overall.

Strongly agree, Doueihi is a shit half, but his reputation is kept afloat because he puts up good stats. I don't think he starts as a spine player in any other club in the comp honestly. Tigers need a halfback so badly - Hastings must truly be a piece of shit for them to let him walk
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:30 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

God's country

Some plonker is downvotIng u, wonder who hey !

Brews today for u MS ?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:31 pm

Lchy wrote:

Strongly agree, Doueihi is a shit half, but his reputation is kept afloat because he puts up good stats. I don't think he starts as a spine player in any other club in the comp honestly. Tigers need a halfback so badly - Hastings must truly be a piece of shit for them to let him walk

Not sure if it's old news, but saw an article the other day where Sheens said that Hastings didn't want to play LK and that's why he was moved on. He seemed alright at LK, but I would've preferred him as the 7 leading the team. He doesn't seem shy about barking out orders and getting players into position. Having him trying do that at LK wouldn't have worked very well with Brooks at 7 who seems to defer to Doui at 6. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:35 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Not sure if it's old news, but saw an article the other day where Sheens said that Hastings didn't want to play LK and that's why he was moved on. He seemed alright at LK, but I would've preferred him as the 7 leading the team. He doesn't seem shy about barking out orders and getting players into position. Having him trying do that at LK wouldn't have worked very well with Brooks at 7 who seems to defer to Doui at 6. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

For WT it's simple, they have to let go of Brooks. He's a long term losing halfback. He has talent but it's just not happening at the Tigers.

Maybe he goes on and kills it at another club. I hope he does. And the Tigers will cop shit for it. But they need to just suck it up and try something new.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:41 pm

mickspicks wrote:

For WT it's simple, they have to let go of Brooks. He's a long term losing halfback. He has talent but it's just not happening at the Tigers.

Maybe he goes on and kills it at another club. I hope he does. And the Tigers will cop shit for it. But they need to just suck it up and try something new.

Yeah passing up on the opportunity to offload him to the Knights last season is up there with signing Mbye on a massive contract as dumbest moves of the last decade. That one forward from the Storm was a pretty bad signing too though. Can't even remember his name, but got in the punch-up with Glenn Stewart on the sideline.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:44 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah passing up on the opportunity to offload him to the Knights last season is up there with signing Mbye on a massive contract as dumbest moves of the last decade. That one forward from the Storm was a pretty bad signing too though. Can't even remember his name, but got in the punch-up with Glenn Stewart on the sideline.

Not to mention they passed up the opportunity to trade Nofoaluma for Addo-Carr

Post by Guest Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:48 pm

robelgordo wrote:

For the small % of people that still have a spare trade by Sunday 305pm when we find out, if Katoa scores another 11 or there's no half cover in your squad, Burton could be an option.

As much as I like Douiehi as a fantasy option, there's a small part of me not convinced he makes the Tigers a better team overall.

Ha, small part.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:51 pm

I think I might be broken. Cheese/Ponga to Preston/Perham has been locked in for over 48 hours now and I havnt waivered on my decision. It’s an amazing development.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:52 pm

Watching the Tigers live the last two weeks I started to wonder if Doueihi's best position might be as a running 2RF (not sure about his defence).

Post by Guest Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:56 pm

Lchy wrote:

Spot on, just wonder why he rubs so many people up the wrong way. Talau refusing an apology looked poor, but who knows what’s happened beforehand.
    Attitude aside, he was by far and away their best half.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:57 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I think I might be broken. Cheese/Ponga to Preston/Perham has been locked in for over 48 hours now and I havnt waivered on my decision. It’s an amazing development.

Well done...it's sleep deprivation, you give less of a shit about stuff and just want it to be done.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:07 pm

mickspicks wrote:I'm playing iKat this arvo. Rolling the dice with him over Tanah.
    Gutsy
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:08 pm

Genderbender wrote:

Spot on, just wonder why he rubs so many people up the wrong way. Talau refusing an apology looked poor, but who knows what’s happened beforehand.
    Attitude aside, he was by far and away their best half.

I have absolutely no evidence for this, but my theory is that Hastings might be slightly neurodivergent - seems like he struggles with interpersonal skills, and in a very structured and homogeneous culture like a football team I can see that could very quickly snowball into being ostracized.

Seems that in footy you can be the blokey, larger than life extrovert, or a quiet follower, but if you step out of your lane you're "not a good fit" or "not buying into the culture we're building"

Again - amateur psychoanalysis from a distance. Take with a Hopgood-as-captain level of salt.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:08 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

There was also an article where Hastings got Sheens offside by
    (a) being super loyal to Madge when he was already out the door
    (b) while injured, he asked to fly to Brisbane to support the team. Denied by Sheens. So Hastings paid his own flight up there. Hastings saw this as dedication and loyalty to the team. Sheens saw it as disrespect

Hastings seems to get a lot of people offside. Everything you read it doesn't seem like a bad guy per se, more like he's completely oblivious to social norms and politics.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:10 pm

Lchy wrote:

Doueihi is just the Lebanese Kurt Mann
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:11 pm

Lchy wrote:

I don't understand why the Tigers persist with Brooks, he has had plenty of opportunities to prove himself. Move on, get a new half-back, freshen up the team
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:12 pm

The 24-hour cut has come for the Titans v Storm match and it looks like Garlic is back on the menu! (on the bench replacing Jordan Grant).

No other changes for either team.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:12 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

I have absolutely no evidence for this, but my theory is that Hastings might be slightly neurodivergent  - seems like he struggles with interpersonal skills, and in a very structured and homogeneous culture like a football team I can see that could very quickly snowball into being ostracized.

Ha I wrote my post with a similar conclusion. I can totally see this. You wouldn't get this many chances if you were just an irredeemable arsehole.

Like the time to apologise to Talau was probably a few days later with a phone call and not immediately after a loss with his nose smashed across his face.

Right intention, just missed the social cue.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:43 am