NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:45 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

id be very surprised if Isiah Katoa ever becomes fantasy relevant this year, i think im in the minorioty here,

why are you down on CNK, he had a great week one, I have avoided him and dont own him, but the signs from week one would have been encouraging rather than disappointing?

preston will outscore and out cash generate doorey so thats a sensible swap

Catching up overnight

CNK injury has kinda stalled his price rises, 35 average would give him 30k rise over next 4 weeks (including absence this week). Have traded to Bird

CNK still had solid base with 110m in time on park but was nowhere near round 1 score.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:45 am

9% traded out Cleary Shocked
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:49 am

Currently looking like:

Boyd
    Carrigan, Haas, Chopgod
    Fifita, Katoa
    Trindall, Douheie,
    ITT, Alamoti
    Walsh, Warbrick, Miller

Loeiro, Cheese, Butcher, Carty
    Cleary, HSS, Doorey, IKatoa

First trade was Cheese -> Preston, locked.

Second trade i'm considering gunning up in HOK and letting Cleary go at this stage, and keep some $$ in the bank for when Trindall is a cash out.

Looking at Grant, Reed and Reece as options. Grant has the best pedigree, but does Robsons longevity and availability over Origin make him a better long term play? Or am I over thinking and should just buy the gun that is grant.. he's also fun as F to watch.

Reed is a cheaper version, from looking at his scoring over the last season or so, consistently a level below the other two but you get a nice 200k saving for that, which means I'd have 500k ITB which could mean Tricky -> Clearly/Hynes when the time comes, whereas with Grant the path back to them will be tougher with only 300k ITB.

Also aware that with Cheese goes my MID cover. Tohu is also an option for a trade in, but then Boyd is starting
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:55 am

Mulvy wrote:

Sorry mate, good looks, good teeth and good hair are all you have to look forward to. Let me guess, you suck at tipping??

We must be connected by in laws somewhere only then as

Good looks 💯
    Good teeth - went to hospital in 2021 to have a couple out
    Good hair - NO
    Tipping - no tipping this year, last time I was in a comp I won the major $110.00 prize

On fire last night Mulvy.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:12 am

Mulvy wrote:

I know I posted about how BS9 was interviewed after the game, he said he was sweet during the week and didn't know what the new problem was, some kind of muscle issue in the back, I guarantee you is what he said. But pretty clear it was BS (which doesn't surprise me). He got smashed in the ribs the first week. Smashed again the 2nd week. They are talking about one of the most painful injuries which is a pain tolerance issue, which he got needled for??? We don't need a detective, it's rib cartilage. He's a sell. Pick up later if you really want.

Yeah all the noise around reoccuring rib injuries have spooked me. I jumped ship last night and moved him to a gun MID. Just deciding between Haas or Carrigan matching him for 70k less
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:15 am

Mulvy wrote:

Thank you for inviting me to your extended family (I think)

I'm learning Japanese at the moment, not sure how well (the internet decides, because if it's wrong, they let you know) let's give it a go:

Antipodean san wa Nihon shusshin janai desu. (Mr Antipodean is not from Japan) Edit: I would say something nicer, but I have limited vocab. Wait! I can say:

2nd edit: Antipodean san wa akarui hito desu.

Two very useful phrases I learnt in Japan
    Nomihodai and baka gaijin

The first meaning all you can drink. Use it in a restaurant to ask for the unlimited drinks menu. The second used in context of "I'm an idiot"
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:19 am

Mulvy wrote:

As I say, I'm not convinced. I wanted to just touch on that bit about "you've got a good knack for those". That's just it. I don't. I've built previous success on vanilla. POD's are stupid imo. SJ would be a real departure.

A knack for making good decisions more like. There's been a few trades I wouldn't have done involving trading guns, but you've made them work. Like I would go Cleary to DCE if dumping Cleary, but it's just a like for like trade. Going to SJ and making a significant improvement elsewhere with the cash could be a decent play. SJ makes a little, Cleary drops and little and swap them back. I'd just fuck that up somehow so I avoid it when I can.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:21 am

Was just having a gander at how my current team would go through the byes. In the first bye I'd have almost no players.

My original plan was to get rid of guns like Cook, Murray and Hass just before origin. The problem with this is that anyone I replace them with will still have byes during the bye rounds. The other problem is that I've lost guns.

Then I came up with a different idea - aim to have an 8 player bench of eels and don't sell any guns. The Eels are the only team that play every bye. When the Eels have their byes, most of my guns are playing.

An 8 man bench of eels may also be reasonably affordable:

Hodgson, Paulo, RCG, Doorey, Cartwright (can cash him out when/if Lane returns and pick him up cheaper later), Blake. To also have Moses and Brown would requiring having made some decent coin by then. If any of these eels get injured/dropped, I can potentially get their replacements.

To me it seems a much less stressful way to get through the byes without ripping my team apart.

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:31 am

Holy Moly wrote:Was just having a gander at how my current team would go through the byes. In the first bye I'd have almost no players.

My original plan was to get rid of guns like Cook, Murray and Hass just before origin. The problem with this is that anyone I replace them with will still have byes during the bye rounds. The other problem is that I've lost guns.

Then I came up with a different idea - aim to have an 8 player bench of eels and don't sell any guns. The Eels are the only team that play every bye. When the Eels have their byes, most of my guns are playing.

Hodgson, Paulo, RCG, Doorey, Cartwright (can cash him out when/if Lane returns and pick him up cheaper later), Blake.   To also have Moses and Brown would requiring having made some decent coin by then. If any of these eels get injured/dropped, I can potentially get their replacements.

To me it seems a much less stressful way to get through the byes without ripping my team apart.

Then you are screwed for rounds 14, 18 and 27.

You can only have a max of 4 Eels, Manly and Newcastle players in round 14 or you are playing short.

Round 18 is just Eels, but can still only have 4 Eels or playing short.

Round 27 is going to be a nightmare if playing overall. In addition to Eels out, lots of other teams will rest their top players.

I am planning to have Miller and 3 Eels in round 14. Miller plays the first 2 origin byes.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:40 am

Rabbits21 wrote:TU Buy Tohu
    TD Buy Carrigan

You should have started with Carrigan mate, then you would only need Tohu Drug
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:45 am

Holy Moly wrote:Was just having a gander at how my current team would go through the byes. In the first bye I'd have almost no players.

Hodgson, Paulo, RCG, Doorey, Cartwright (can cash him out when/if Lane returns and pick him up cheaper later), Blake.   To also have Moses and Brown would requiring having made some decent coin by then. If any of these eels get injured/dropped, I can potentially get their replacements.

Yeah why wait til the bye rounds to rip your team apart, when you can start doing it right now with all those Eels? Suspect

Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:51 am

mattnz wrote:

Then you are screwed for rounds 14, 18 and 27.

You can only have a max of 4 Eels, Manly and Newcastle players in round 14 or you are playing short.

Round 18 is just Eels, but can still only have 4 Eels or playing short.

Round 27 is going to be a nightmare if playing overall. In addition to Eels out, lots of other teams will rest their top players.

I am planning to have Miller and 3 Eels in round 14. Miller plays the first 2 origin byes.

Aaaahhh shot down (to the tune of Chic - Le Freak).

Fair point. Let's temper my idea a little bit. Let's say 4 Eels on the bench:

Hodgson to cover Cook
    Hopgood to cover Haas
    RCG to cover Murray
    Moses to cover Cleary

That's 4 Guns I can hold through the byes. I'll have to work out 4 other non-eel EMG's.

It's mainly the Round 13 and 16 Byes that I am concenrned with because in RD 17 Titans have no more Byes and in Round 18 no more byes for Tigers and Sharks. Trying to snavel a few of these guys will help with the rest of the season.

Disclaimer - I haven't put that much thought into all of this.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:53 am

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Any one got any good oil, whats the word coming out of the shire??? the smart money is on Reece to crack 50+ this weekend.

I wouldn't say I am the smart money, but I think he will get similar to last outing - hopeful anyway.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:56 am

Holy Moly wrote:

Hodgson to cover Cook
    Hopgood to cover Haas
    RCG to cover Murray
    Moses to cover Cleary

That's 4 Guns I can hold through the byes. I'll have to work out 4 other non-eel EMG's.  

It's mainly the Round 13 and 16 Byes that I am concenrned with because in RD 17 Titans have no more Byes and in Round 18 no more byes for Tigers and Sharks. Trying to snavel a few of these guys will help with the rest of the season.

I like these three guys;
    Hopgood to cover Haas
    RCG to cover Murray
    Moses to cover Cleary

Hodgson not so much.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:57 am

Holy Moly wrote:

Hodgson to cover Cook
    Hopgood to cover Haas
    RCG to cover Murray
    Moses to cover Cleary

The way Hopgood is going, he is a bolter for Origin. Can't see Jurbo keeping him out.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:58 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

I like these three guys;
    Hopgood to cover Haas
    RCG to cover Murray
    Moses to cover Cleary

Hodgson not so much.

Also not a big fan of Hodgson but playable through the byes I think (at this stage).
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:00 am

mattnz wrote:

The way Hopgood is going, he is a bolter for Origin. Can't see Jurbo keeping him out.

And hence why bye planning is fraught with difficulty - even more so the further out you are. Certainly something I need to keep an eye on anyway.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:00 am

mattnz wrote:

He’s a maroon
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:02 am

mattnz wrote:

Nor can I because Jurbo is from NSW and Hopgood is from QLD Beer
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:09 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Damnit, I really just wanted to do Smith>Douehi but this rumour of him being out and Wakeham off the bench is spooking me- he would be locked in as a red dot and no cover if he was a late out

Yes, a McFly in your ointment, one might say. jocolor

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:05 am