NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:45 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:In a fortunate position where I don't think I will be trading this week.

I am looking at a Boyd to Koroisau trade next week potentially pending Boyd doesn't shit the bed and lose too much this week.

And yes I need to focus on WFB but i just want boyd gone i think while Koroisau is good value

Grant
    Carrigan Haas Hopgood
    Katoa Loeiro
    Cleary (Loop) Doueihi
    Thompson ALamoti
    Warbrick Perham Miller

Wilton Butcher Preston Ford
    Doorey Katoa Boyd Talau

190k itb

Holding Talau?
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:49 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:

Holding Talau?

at the moment yes, waiting for confirmation on if he is missing much time. otherwise his dual is so valuable and would need someone worth grabbing
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:52 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:In a fortunate position where I don't think I will be trading this week.

I am looking at a Boyd to Koroisau trade next week potentially pending Boyd doesn't shit the bed and lose too much this week.

And yes I need to focus on WFB but i just want boyd gone i think while Koroisau is good value

Grant
    Carrigan Haas Hopgood
    Katoa Loeiro
    Cleary (Loop) Doueihi
    Thompson ALamoti
    Warbrick Perham Miller

Wilton Butcher Preston Ford
    Doorey Katoa Boyd Talau

190k itb

looking good mate. Wish I went Teig instead of EButch.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:59 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Yeah Gamble came on at 5/8 for Ponga then Crossland came on for Brailey at hooker. Stayed that way the whole game

Thanks mate. So many unknowns with the team then - really don't know what Crossland and Gamble roles would've been without HIAs.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:02 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

I would only suggest you consider Capt HopGod due to still no matto this game, he will play his lungs out trying to seal the 13 spot.

I am HopGod (C) Haas (VC)...Grant is my third C choice.

only suggestions - no guarantees Beer
    I have considered Chopgod, but why go with the crowd? Now watch both of them score 70 this weekend.  lol!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:05 pm

Everyone seems to think the crowd is going Chopgood and they will do the hero play with some alternative. Maybe no one chooses Chopgood and he isnt the most selected captaincy choice after all. Razz
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:11 pm

I think to kind of pointless to look at things too much until team lists. For me anyway. My thoughts are with Ted, there is no way I'm trading him out. Seems a pointless move now in such a volatile position. Also with Cleary, gut feel is that he will regress this year on past averages and trading is an enticing option with potentially getting back in later, but all he needs to do is bust out a 90 next game and it's all but a wasted trade. I'm not sure. I'll see what 17 I can scrap together this week first. A lot for me will ride on Thompson and Boyd.

Initial thought though is an easy Cheese to Preston trade. Again, pending team lists.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:11 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:
    I have considered Chopgod, but why go with the crowd? Now watch both of them score 70 this weekend.  lol!

Yeah anti-podding Chopgod is a plan I considered too, but the chances of him going off against Manly are pretty high, this early in the season, I will go with the crowd and rely on my PODs of Haas (15%) and DCE (6%) to gain some ground hopefully.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:16 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Removed the / to read it easier.

Looks pretty good mate, we were H2H in Bullbenders league, so I was checking out your team. Looked at similar moves myself with ARey preferred over Moses on cost and BHunt because he loves a shocker.

Mahoney could be a good cutprice keeper too. Edit: Thought Mahoney was still in the 600s, either way could be underpriced still.

I'm without MID cover this week too, but cross that bridge when it comes.

I'd play Trindall or Boyd over Doorey too pending teamlists. Can get a look at Doorey playing 1st and probably all sorts of benchwankery you can pull.
    For some reason I’m expecting Hynes to be named in the 21, and for there to be a late switch come game day. Wife and I are headed up to Noosa this weekend, so not sure how much time I’ll have to do something I’ve never really done(benchwankery). Might need some guidance from you expert legends here, cuz I haven’t a clue, tbh. Does the Sharks playing in the last game make things more difficult? Hoping team lists will give a bit of clarity on things. 

Also, were we H2H last round? If so, we’ll done!
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:21 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Sounds like you've made your decision!

Teddy out has been the back of my mind but not something I've genuinely considered.

Not at all locked in. Just thought this morning and some good replies re pros and cons posted
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:22 pm

looking to probably trade in Teddy after the bye if he has an ok game this week.

Still getting good run meters and TBs.

Really that round 1 game was a mare all round for the Roosters. A no try 43 this week is solid. For context he beat Cleary Robson Cotter and just under Murray.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:23 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:
    For some reason I’m expecting Hynes to be named in the 21, and for there to be a late switch come game day. Wife and I are headed up to Noosa this weekend, so not sure how much time I’ll have to do something I’ve never really done(benchwankery). Might need some guidance from you expert legends here, cuz I haven’t a clue, tbh. Does the Sharks playing in the last game make things more difficult? Hoping team lists will give a bit of clarity on things. 

Also, were we H2H last round? If so, we’ll done!

Cheers cheer Yeah I'm hoping I might be able to use Cleary to sub Trindall out if that scenario happens.. Hopefully TL puts it to bed with Hynes not named.

Definitely no expert on looping, but going all out this weekend..

For yours I'd put EKatoa in Doorey's starting EDG spot.

Talau at #17, Doorey at #18, Boyd at #19 and switch Boyd in to Talau's spot if Doorey sucks.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:24 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

Yeah anti-podding Chopgod is a plan I considered too, but the chances of him going off against Manly are pretty high, this early in the season, I will go with the crowd and rely on my PODs of Haas (15%) and DCE (6%) to gain some ground hopefully.
    You do make a good point. Manly should be ready to go after their bye, but I’m not sure I’d want my first game back against an Eels team DESPERATE for a win.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:27 pm

Chewie wrote:

Does everyone have a burner/girlfriend/wife team?

I only do it for double the chance to beat random
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:29 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

at the moment yes, waiting for confirmation on if he is missing much time. otherwise his dual is so valuable and would need someone worth grabbing

Team Tips: Utility Jake Simpkin is set for a stint on the sidelines after suffering a nasty concussion after a high tackle from Jacob Saifiti. Tukimihia Simpkins could slot into the utility role or Tim Sheens may opt to run a bench full of forwards. Meanwhile, Shawn Blore is set to return and will likely take his spot in the backrow, unless John Bateman looks set to play after spending the first two weeks on the sidelines. Brent Read revealed on NRL360 on Thursday night that the Englishman is likely to play. Bateman missed the first two games of the season to “acclimatise” despite Isaiah Papali’i confirming the backrower had been “rehabbing an injury” in a press conference two weeks. Meanwhile, Fonua Pole could return from a knee injury, likely shifting Brandon Tumeth out of the side. Tommy Talau is also set for a sideline stint after breaking his nose, with Junior Tupou or Starford To’a the candidates to take his spot.

I`m not sure how accurate this is.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:29 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

looking good mate. Wish I went Teig instead of EButch.

I couldn't decide so forced both in
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:29 pm

Holzman wrote:looking to probably trade in Teddy after the bye if he has an ok game this week.

Still getting good run meters and TBs.

Really that round 1 game was a mare all round for the Roosters. A no try 43 this week is solid. For context he beat Cleary Robson Cotter and just under Murray.

And could've easily had 2 tries, I'm not worried at all
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:34 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:

Team Tips: Utility Jake Simpkin is set for a stint on the sidelines after suffering a nasty concussion after a high tackle from Jacob Saifiti. Tukimihia Simpkins could slot into the utility role or Tim Sheens may opt to run a bench full of forwards. Meanwhile, Shawn Blore is set to return and will likely take his spot in the backrow, unless John Bateman looks set to play after spending the first two weeks on the sidelines. Brent Read revealed on NRL360 on Thursday night that the Englishman is likely to play. Bateman missed the first two games of the season to “acclimatise” despite Isaiah Papali’i confirming the backrower had been “rehabbing an injury” in a press conference two weeks. Meanwhile, Fonua Pole could return from a knee injury, likely shifting Brandon Tumeth out of the side. Tommy Talau is also set for a sideline stint after breaking his nose, with Junior Tupou or Starford To’a the candidates to take his spot.

I`m not sure how accurate this is.

I was under the impression players didn't miss much time for broken noses. if its a week I'll probably hold.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:38 pm

I was under the impression players didn't miss much time for broken noses. if its a week I'll probably hold.[/quote]

Fair
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:39 pm

Going to stick with Cook for captain - more for reverse POD than anything with Hopgood being the main choice this week.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 am