NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:43 am

BCT05 wrote:For me the only situation I'd trade Cleary out right now is for Hynes if he was to return this week (due to half issues but also think Hynes and Cleary will be very close all year and I'll want one of them at all times)

Possibly worth pointing out that with the magic number change Hynes has lost a bit of value simply by starting the season on the pine. From memory he was priced at 68 before Round 1, now it's 72.
    Rotinaj
    Rotinaj

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by Rotinaj Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:47 am

Think I'm just going to risk trading Cleary out, then when Hynes is back upgrade one of my average mid range blokes (probably boyd). Long term that just seems like the best trade/cash build balance
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:50 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Possibly worth pointing out that with the magic number change Hynes has lost a bit of value simply by starting the season on the pine. From memory he was priced at 68 before Round 1, now it's 72.

If he was playing and averaging 68, he would have lost cash as well. He isn't any more overpriced than he started the season, as everyone was overpriced.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:52 am

I can trade Cleary and Teddy to fix up my team and lose 120k or hold and lose more before waiting for them to make it back or jump on players I see as undervalued and I think Cleary and Teddy issues are very much related to their teams
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:57 am

Mulvy wrote:

I had no drinks last night actually.  He looks back to 500km a game and GK. Low BE means he could make 80k while Cleary loses 80k. Crazy right?

Yep what could possibly go wrong!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:02 am

Loomer wrote:I can trade Cleary and Teddy to fix up my team and lose 120k or hold and lose more before waiting for them to make it back or jump on players I see as undervalued and I think Cleary and Teddy issues are very much related to their teams

Sounds like you've made your decision!

Teddy out has been the back of my mind but not something I've genuinely considered. If you want to start playing match ups they've got Rabbitohs, BYE, Eels, Storm, Sharks... and if you want to convince yourself to get rid of him, you could say Eels will have Matto back and are getting desperate for wins, Storm have Munster and some mids? back, and Sharks should have Nicho going around by then.

Teddy can hurt you with big scores at any time though.

Admittedly if you go through his 2022 scores, his only big scores were against bottom 8 sides, except for an 81 against the Sharks and a 64 last round of the season against Rabbitohs (Cook did not play this game)

The question is do you trust another WFB to go close enough to matching his scoring. Walsh looks like he'll have a hot hand but he doesn't have the base that Teddy does, which is why he's been so reliable year on year.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 6 Melissabug-thinking

EDIT: Posting my team to put it down in front of me with some notes.

Cook
    Haas Welch Hopgood
    Butcher Katoa
    Douehi Boyd
    HSS ITT
    Tedesco CNK Warbrick
    R: Carrigan Loiero Cartwright Garner
    E: Trindall Preston Doorey TMM

Orange denotes main issues.
    Boyd - just doesn't look good. Titans look rubbish.
    Trindall - will play him at hlf until Hynes is back but then he's got to go.
    Cartwright - highlighted, but hopefully not a problem in the short term, I think he might useful/playable until about round 7.
    CNK - 51 was great in round 1 but round 2 was back to earth, probably misses this week.
    TMM - just fucking shit scorer.

Preston nabbing the starting spot already is handy, should be good for 40-45 ish conservatively and can be played in 17.

So basically main problems right now are a playable half and a playable wfb.

If I punt Boyd I'll have no hooker cover but Cook is indestructible *TOUCHES WOOD*

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:14 am

My initial plan was to go Teddy to Walsh next week when Roosters have their bye. Teddy was meant to pump out three big scores to start with though. I feel Teddy would have lost too much cash to trade out now. Others will be looking at trading him in after rd 4. Im gonna keep him and he can make back the money he lost!
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:18 am

my tv broke wrote:

Sounds like you've made your decision!

Teddy out has been the back of my mind but not something I've genuinely considered. If you want to start playing match ups they've got Rabbitohs, BYE, Eels, Storm, Sharks... and if you want to convince yourself to get rid of him, you could say Eels will have Matto back and are getting desperate for wins, Storm have Munster and some mids? back, and Sharks should have Nicho going around by then.

Teddy can hurt you with big scores at any time though.

Admittedly if you go through his 2022 scores, his only big scores were against bottom 8 sides, except for an 81 against the Sharks and a 64 last round of the season against Rabbitohs (Cook did not play this game)

The question is do you trust another WFB to go close enough to matching his scoring. Walsh looks like he'll have a hot hand but he doesn't have the base that Teddy does, which is why he's been so reliable year on year.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 6 Melissabug-thinking

Posting all of these good points. Have you been drinking early???
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:22 am

Honey Badger wrote:My initial plan was to go Teddy to Walsh next week when Roosters have their bye. Teddy was meant to pump out three big scores to start with though. I feel Teddy would have lost too much cash to trade out now. Others will be looking at trading him in after rd 4. Im gonna keep him and he can make back the money he lost!

Teddy generally starts slow, or at least he represents how his whole team starts.

So if you were going to start with him, as I have, he should be a plug-in and forget FB option no matter his value.

If he gets injured, I go to Turbo/Walsh. I am going to trade Walsh in as a keeper next week if he pops another 45+

Last edited by Antipodean1 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:25 am

I’ve backed myself into a corner with only $30k spare. I looked at going Cleary to DCE, but that left me with some poor options to replace Smith, so possibly going to back myself into the corner even more by taking a risk on ARey and bringing Mahoney for Smith and $20k for the future. Round 3 lineup would be

(C)Grant
    (vc)Hopgood, Tapine, Carrigan 
    Carty, Doorey
    Doueihi, Reynolds 
    Alamoti, HSS/ITT
    Teddy, Miller, Warbrick 

Mahoney, Katoa, Loiero, Preston/Boyd

Boyd/Preston, Trindall, ITT/HSS, Talau

I’ve also considered the one trade of Smith to a cheapie and having more $$, but wasn’t too confident with the team I would be putting out there. 

As always, very appreciative of different sets of eyes having a look at this.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:26 am

MF wrote:My burner account is ranked 72nd….

I mean.. my new main is ranked 72nd

My burner 173

My main 3000

Smile)))))
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:27 am

I feel like this situation arises every year with Teddy at some point.

It's the old adage that you have to play the long term average with him. I didn't want to start the season with that much cash used on my WFB but if I did I wouldn't be trading him now based on those two performances (a 43 last week really isn't that bad at all). If it's simply due to the bye then fair enough but seems a bit luxury.

I'm also not one for reading into the draw much at all, especially with a player like Teddy.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:29 am

BCT05 wrote:I feel like this situation arises every year with Teddy at some point.

It's the old adage that you have to play the long term average with him. I didn't want to start the season with that much cash used on my WFB but if I did I wouldn't be trading him now based on those two performances (a 43 last week really isn't that bad at all). If it's simply due to the bye then fair enough but seems a bit luxury.

I'm also not one for reading into the draw much at all, especially with a player like Teddy.

I agree tbh, I don't really want to trade him, but it does help balance things. I will likely ride it out because of the reasons you and others stated.

He almost had three tries on the weekend, even just one of those and he's probably 55-60 score and we aren't even talking about this.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:32 am

ForanAgainst wrote:I’ve backed myself into a corner with only $30k spare. I looked at going Cleary to DCE, but that left me with some poor options to replace Smith, so possibly going to back myself into the corner even more by taking a risk on ARey and bringing Mahoney for Smith and $20k for the future. Round 3 lineup would be

(C)Grant
    Carty, Doorey
    Doueihi, Reynolds 
    Alamoti, HSS/ITT
    Teddy, Miller, Warbrick 

Mahoney, Katoa, Loiero, Preston/Boyd

Boyd/Preston, Trindall, ITT/HSS, Talau

I’ve also considered the one trade of Smith to a cheapie and having more $$, but wasn’t too confident with the team I would be putting out there. 

I would only suggest you consider Capt HopGod due to still no matto this game, he will play his lungs out trying to seal the 13 spot.

I am HopGod (C) Haas (VC)...Grant is my third C choice.

only suggestions - no guarantees Beer

Last edited by Antipodean1 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:33 am

ForanAgainst wrote:I’ve backed myself into a corner with only $30k spare. I looked at going Cleary to DCE, but that left me with some poor options to replace Smith, so possibly going to back myself into the corner even more by taking a risk on ARey and bringing Mahoney for Smith and $20k for the future. Round 3 lineup would be

(C)Grant
    Carty, Doorey
    Doueihi, Reynolds 
    Alamoti, HSS
    Teddy, Miller, Warbrick 

Mahoney, Katoa, Loiero, Preston

Boyd, Trindall, ITT, Talau

Removed the / to read it easier.

Looks pretty good mate, we were H2H in Bullbenders league, so I was checking out your team. Looked at similar moves myself with ARey preferred over Moses on cost and BHunt because he loves a shocker.

Mahoney could be a good cutprice keeper too. Edit: Thought Mahoney was still in the 600s, either way could be underpriced still.

I'm without MID cover this week too, but cross that bridge when it comes.

I'd play Trindall or Boyd over Doorey too pending teamlists. Can get a look at Doorey playing 1st and probably all sorts of benchwankery you can pull.

Last edited by WT Winfield on Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:33 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:

My burner 173

My main 3000

Smile)))))

Does everyone have a burner/girlfriend/wife team?
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:38 am

Chewie wrote:

Does everyone have a burner/girlfriend/wife team?

My Mrs has a team in the Auto-fill league, but she is only interested in good looking players Rolling Eyes

Luckily I talked her out of Drinkwater last round Twisted Evil
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:42 am

In a fortunate position where I don't think I will be trading this week.

I am looking at a Boyd to Koroisau trade next week potentially pending Boyd doesn't shit the bed and lose too much this week.

And yes I need to focus on WFB but i just want boyd gone i think while Koroisau is good value

Grant
    Carrigan Haas Hopgood
    Katoa Loeiro
    Cleary (Loop) Doueihi
    Thompson ALamoti
    Warbrick Perham Miller

Wilton Butcher Preston Ford
    Doorey Katoa Boyd Talau

190k itb
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:42 am

I didn't get to watch the Knights game - with the HIAs, did Gamble play five eighth and Crossland hooker or were there further reshuffles?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:43 am

robelgordo wrote:I didn't get to watch the Knights game - with the HIAs, did Gamble play five eighth and Crossland hooker or were there further reshuffles?

Yeah Gamble came on at 5/8 for Ponga then Crossland came on for Brailey at hooker. Stayed that way the whole game

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:33 pm