NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

Grouse
    Grouse

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

Post by Grouse Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:21 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Going off Fantasy taklk and onto NRL.

What a disappointment the Tigers have been. After signing Api/Papalii/Klemmer I was genuinely excited about seeing the team play this year. Not expecting title contenders, but surely we were going to show something. But 2 home games later(Both Sunday afternoon at Leichhardt) we don't look like we have improved one iota.

Those were 2 very winnable games and Tigers were crap in both. What is going to happen when we play a good team? Taken just 2 weeks for any optimism about the season to disappear.
    Api was bang on when he said we were shit, and now we are killing both his and iPap's careers
    They almost look worse this season. Especially after the trial V the Raiders, I thought they were going to be an entertaining team to watch this year. Hopefully when Jonneh comes into the side (Whenever that is?) and your key combinations have had some extended game time together, the side can string some solid footy together. Can't get much worse than yesterday though, christ.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:22 pm

mattnz wrote:

Hard to tell in isolation, many teams are struggling for both HOK and HLF cover with Boyd, Cheese, Trindall issues. If you are one of those teams, Harris would likely not be a good fit for team requirements.

I have Hodgson who can plod along so I don’t need a HOK particularly

Also have Moses Trindall Boyd Katoa for HLF

Actually only have 3 MID in the team so Harris would actually be decent for me
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:28 pm

Milchcow wrote:

What a disappointment the Tigers have been. After signing Api/Papalii/Klemmer I was genuinely excited about seeing the team play this year. Not expecting title contenders, but surely we were going to show something. But 2 home games later(Both Sunday afternoon at Leichhardt) we don't look like we have improved one iota.

Those were 2 very winnable games and Tigers were crap in both. What is going to happen when we play a good team? Taken just 2 weeks for any optimism about the season to disappear.
    Api was bang on when he said we were shit, and now we are killing both his and iPap's careers

I get the feeling the Tigers could sign Cleary, Turbo, Grant, and Murray and still find a way to struggle at this point.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:42 pm

Good start to this season, can't wait to see how I fuck it up. :RapanaPumped:
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:43 pm

Shady2K wrote:

I have Hodgson who can plod along so I don’t need a HOK particularly

Also have Moses Trindall Boyd Katoa for HLF

Actually only have 3 MID in the team so Harris would actually be decent for me

Sounds like decision made then.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:45 pm

Do we think Charnze is any chance of missing this week with HIA protocols? Didn't get to watch the game and see what happened. Hope not Sad
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:46 pm

Milchcow wrote:

their main problem right now is that new training facility. it just opened to start the 2023 pre-season. its all shiny and wonderful. everything is nice. everything feels good. everythings cruisy. then rounds 1 and 2 come along and you forgot that you actually need to do 3 months of hard work to win NRL games.

same thing happened with the broncos when they opened their new joint a few years back. oh we have this new fancy best in the world facility and now we are a great footy team. team went to absolute shit as soon as the hard yards started.

if it isnt clear, i am talking shit. or am i? mostly shit? coincidence? i think not.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:49 pm

Milchcow wrote:

As a Raiders fan I know all about losing all optimism early in the season, but try to remember how many teams turned around their season just last year, still plenty of time for the new players to click with the old, no amount of preseason compares to games and hell maybe just having Bateman in the side as a competitive little mongrel will change things for you.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:56 pm

Bulldogs went from dog shit, to world beaters in the space of one week.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:57 pm

Mulvy wrote:Bulldogs went from dog shit, to world beaters in the space of one week.

Grant Anderson can make any team look like world beaters
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:10 pm

Anyone worried about reduced minutes for Harris this week if it's 30 degrees in Townsville?
    Not a long term worry, just this might be the game he gets a wee rest.

manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:12 pm

Scored 852 and put me in the 1200s for overall. Not having any fb/ctr cover is really limiting my trade options this week. Guessing ponga won't be named so might have to take a hit so it doesn't affect my ideal trades to strengthen my halves.

Probably going
    Ebutcher- Preston
    Uto-sos
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:14 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I think they’ll come good. Still working things out and Bateman will add the starch and competitive drive that looks lacking.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:15 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Just my 2 cents…

Don’t think the signings or the facilities have anything to do with it. I think the main thing is culture, sounds like a broad swipe but it’s evident in most places it matters.
    Secondly I think it’s their backs, I don’t know how long it’s going to take the tigers to realise that Brooks isn’t the guy to take them anywhere, secondly Doohickey might be good at fantasy but is not a first grade half, Laurie is young but has no passing game at all so essentially their spine (bar API) is terrible.
    Their outside backs have Naden and Talau as their “strike” weapons… need I say more?
    Nofa is probably the only “genuine” quality player in his respective position in their back line.
    So it doesn’t really matter how good their forwards are, there’s no quality finishing it off for them.
    Just my opinion.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:16 pm

Is Sutton still a buy?
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:20 pm

Genderbender wrote:

Just my 2 cents…

Don’t think the signings or the facilities have anything to do with it. I think the main thing is culture, sounds like a broad swipe but it’s evident in most places it matters.
    Secondly I think it’s their backs, I don’t know how long it’s going to take the tigers to realise that Brooks isn’t the guy to take them anywhere, secondly Doohickey might be good at fantasy but is not a first grade half, Laurie is young but has no passing game at all so essentially their spine (bar API) is terrible.
    Their outside backs have Naden and Talau as their “strike” weapons… need I say more?
    Nofa is probably the only “genuine” quality player in his respective position in their back line.
    So it doesn’t really matter how good their forwards are, there’s no quality finishing it off for them.
    Just my opinion.

Doueihi is just Jack Wighton-lite. I don't rate Wighton personally, but if he's a NSW rep, Doueihi is fine at NRL level.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:24 pm

Milchcow wrote:

What a disappointment the Tigers have been.

Hi there, signed Warriors Fan since '95
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:25 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Stuck in my head now.

Could be worse baby shark
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:26 pm

$539k ITB this week so looking to strengthen by back line and bring in Walshy.

Options are just straight trade of Talau ---> Walsh

Or I can roll the dice and go big risk, big reward, ditching both Ford and Boyd for Tohu and Walsh - means I hold on to Talau as CTR/WFB cover but without Hooker cover for a couple of weeks which I will eventually need to address.

Grant
    Haas, Carrigan, Murray
    Fifita, Hopgood,
    Doueihi, Trindall
    HSS, Alamoti
    Miller, Walsh, Warbrick

T.Harris, E.Katoa, Cartwright, Preston
    Doorey, BMM, I.Katoa, Talau

Plan will be to switch Murray to Cleary or Hynes for a more balanced team once Trindall doesn't get named (so hopefully he's named this week).

N.b. I could also switch Ford for Doorey in the trade to bring in Tohu but feels like I'm missing out on the cash generation Doorey provides.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:29 pm

Moanaman wrote:

Could be worse baby shark

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 45 Giphy

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:12 pm