NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

Post by my tv broke Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:40 pm

Revraiser wrote:Tigers with ease on the back Doohi, and Kepaoa to cross the stripe

Kepaoa to keep the starting 2rf spot.

Bateman to make his tigers debut at centre.

Basketball
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:40 pm

Shady2K wrote:

So you're saying Trindall szn?

My bet early on on here for the trindall wheel was 2 games virtually guaranteed and maybe a third bonus round. Sharks winning this week probably makes it 3 but he has what a 9 day turnaround to get his sessions in so some of you degenerates will probably have a fair idea by next weekend
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:40 pm

Chucky wrote:Hey guys. I missed the entire previous thread and all of the Saturday game action for beer reasons.
    Can anyone give me a brief summary of what I missed.
    Thanks in advance.

Some teams seem to have had all the week's carnage hit their teams, while others have entirely avoided it, with some monster scores incoming.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:41 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:How many points does everyone think the knights are gonna win by this afternoon?

:FrizelStop:

Im obviously a knights fan and I traded out talau so naturally the fantasy gods will smite me with talau scoring. I’ve bet the house on talau ATS and a smaller bet on FTS. Will be interesting to see what level of depressed/poor I am by 6pm

Congrats to those doing well but the real kudos goes to those having a rough start and still coming on here for the bants or sharing scores etc as they(we let’s be honest) are the real 🐐s
    Have chucked a sneaky $5 on Knight + Fitz ATS + Ponga ATS so we can both be happy when the knights win
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:42 pm

mattnz wrote:

Great insight thanks!

How many training sessions in a normal week?

Generally recovery session, 3-4 full tilt and a captains run five or take a rest day depending on the turnaround
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:42 pm

filthridden wrote:Trading Utoikamanu to BMM. Let's watch this backfire spectacularly.
    I’ve considered it today. I won’t be playing either so may as well just watch and see what happens
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:44 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Have chucked a sneaky $5 on Knight + Fitz ATS + Ponga ATS so we can both be happy when the knights win

I knew I liked you. Your name is snatch so that was a good start

Ponga will be feeling frisky I’m sure

I rarely bet on the knights though. The last 22 years have been rough guys
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:44 pm

Bethany_B wrote:I just had another look at MTB's site and I think I'll have just enough to go E Butcher straight to Mahoney in one trade, any reason not to? Boyd is my only hooker so I will need one by round 5 anyway.

Hey man, looking at a similar trade. GRant is obviously tier 1, but Reed's base is looking great and I think his influence on the team will grow and some attacking stats will come once they get better and continue to click.

Seems a lock for 80 mins and a leader in the team, at a discount price.

Egan & Cheese -> Reed and Preston atm.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:45 pm

Been a really rough start to the season, and most of it largely out of my control- a combination of the wrong centres in the wrong week and HIA/injuries alone have given me 76/6* over the two rounds so far and you just can’t compete putting up that kind of trash

*Blore 13, Ford 8, Smith 11, Alamoti 17, Talau 16, ITT 14

Need to keep reminding myself its a marathon and not a sprint, but being already so far behind the lead might make this a year to just have some fun and try to enjoy making some riskier plays without pressure. I cannot believe that fading HTF has become one of the defining moments of my seasons. Phins up!

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:45 pm

filthridden wrote:Trading Utoikamanu to BMM. Let's watch this backfire spectacularly.

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I’ve considered it today. I won’t be playing either so may as well just watch and see what happens

Might as well wait for Preston next week?
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:46 pm

mattnz wrote:

Some teams seem to have had all the week's carnage hit their teams, while others have entirely avoided it, with some monster scores incoming.
    I copped some of the carnage but was fortunate that I had Ford stacked in my emg’s.
    I’ll have B Smith to deal with though.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:47 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Hey man, looking at a similar trade. GRant is obviously tier 1, but Reed's base is looking great and I think his influence on the team will grow and some attacking stats will come once they get better and continue to click.

Seems a lock for 80 mins and a leader in the team, at a discount price.

Egan & Cheese -> Reed and Preston atm.

Yeah Reed should go alright, even if he isn't a top tier keeper.

The main appeal for me is that I can get him in a single trade whereas I would need two to get Grant. Unless Hynes is back (and thus I sell Trindall), I probably won't make more than one trade next week barring injuries to my players today.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:48 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Been a really rough start to the season, and most of it largely out of my control- a combination of the wrong centres in the wrong week and HIA/injuries alone have given me 76/6* over the two rounds so far and you just can’t compete putting up that kind of trash

*Blore 13, Ford 8, Smith 11, Alamoti 17, Talau 16, ITT 14

Need to keep reminding myself its a marathon and not a sprint, but being already so far behind the lead might make this a year to just have some fun and try to enjoy making some riskier plays without pressure. I cannot believe that fading HTF has become one of the defining moments of my seasons. Phins up!

I was coming around 2700th last year in R9 and ended up finishing 139th

With the byes there’s definitely opportunities for gains (& losses) and no need to worry too much early on. Obviously some of these people that got on cash cows 1 week early might be better off
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:48 pm

Chucky wrote:Hey guys. I missed the entire previous thread and all of the Saturday game action for beer reasons.
    Thanks in advance.

Well let's see.

Ford HIA
    CNK HIA
    Smith back/ribs
    NAS MCL 6-8 weeks
    Ted could have scored several times but wasn't to be.
    Matt got ectoplasm everywhere, ala Randy Marsh.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:49 pm

Thanks in advance.

Roosters/Warriors
    - Walker actually looks a decent prospect, maybe a sneaky pick up after their bye
    - Teddy robbed of a 60+ score. As an owner I'm not worried, if you're a non-owner I'd make him a priority after their bye
    - EButcher plodded his way to 44 but not an urgent trade out imo
    - Cheese is a trade out plain and simple. Sluggish and playing injured
    - SJ winding back the clock but always risk with him
    - Harris is a weapon, may try to get him in asap
    - Egan continuing good start to the year but surely attacking stats are unsustainable
    - CNK got a HIA, unfortunate
    - Ford also failed HIA, unfortunate

Dolphins/Raiders
    - Hammer went well gain. Personally might mark him as someone I missed, but I still think he'll have his very low games as well
    - Nicholls going well with good base, another one missed
    - Katoa solid and is a slow burn
    - Tapine shit minutes but good PPM
    - HSS playable, no complaints about him. Needs cleaner ball though

Storm/Dogs
    - Grant solid, he gets heaps of demerits but backs up with good attacking stats
    - Katoa robbed of a potential 80+ score but his potential looks huge playing outside Hughes
    - Welch solid, reckon his stocks are up now with NAS injured
    - Loiero solid money maker
    - Warbrick another 30 with no tries. He'll have his boom game soon
    - Kiraz enormous, if you have massive balls like Matt then you'll buy him
    - Preston is an auto trade in next week if named to start
    - Mahoney solid, good option if you need a HOK
    - Alamoti continuing CTR roulette but he played well and kicks off his $$ gain
    - Perham same as above if you have him
    - Burton out of sorts, on the watchlist though
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:50 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Might as well wait for Preston next week?
    Cheese and Hodgson at the top of the chop list next week
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:50 pm

Burrow can’t even be in the supporter Bay Friday Rorters doubled the cost to $90. Dean Ritchie has interviewed Kempy from the Burrow will be in tomorrows paper. They’ve priced it up as it as they’re playing.

We don’t do that to them at our home games same cost for all away teams every game. Oh well we will be in mixed bays and infiltrate them take over Trellianz Stadium I’ll be there!

My blood is boiling and it’s only Sunday!!
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:50 pm

[quote="Shady2K"]

Yeah surely he’s fired up. Can see big klem having a stormer. Hope the saifitis have looked in the mirror this week and remember how big they are and play like it for once

Tried to multi quote rev on my phone and was about to have a stroke

This doesn’t bode well. Rev has fortune tellers in his family line doesn’t he? I remember some decent guy calls coming to fruition. Tigers fans have suffered plenty but nothing on us knights fans
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:51 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah Reed should go alright, even if he isn't a top tier keeper.

The main appeal for me is that I can get him in a single trade whereas I would need two to get Grant. Unless Hynes is back (and thus I sell Trindall), I probably won't make more than one trade next week barring injuries to my players today.

Reed had a 63 average (excluding injured game) in 2021.

In the same season Cook 57, Grant 59. Just had a down year last year, now back up there with the best as top tier HOKs.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:52 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Looks like Rabbits has me on block. I answered this question in detail on page 1 of this thread. You’re welcome.
    I don’t have you on block mate not sure how that happened I thought it was the other way around when I PM you that you have me on block.

I’ll go back and try find the answer sorry must’ve missed it.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 am