NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 10251
    Reputation : 6906
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by No Worries Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:08 pm

    WT Winfield wrote:
    Rabbits21 wrote:
    Suaali  fine looks like the precedent is set can hammer someone 3 metres off the ball without the ball and it’s only a fine. Lets see if they keep it like that for all.

    Latrell would've gotten 4 weeks

    Lattrell is dirtier than JWH & McGuire combined. They even changed the previous offence demerit system because of him.


    Last edited by No Worries on Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12148
    Reputation : 5047
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:08 pm

    WT Winfield wrote:

    Latrell would've gotten 4 weeks
    Nah but he would’ve got a week for sure.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12148
    Reputation : 5047
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:10 pm

    Anyone else thinking there might be a bit of something wrong with the formula on MTB site? Eg Cheese scores 35 under his BE it predicts him to lose 36k. Mahoney scores 20 above his BE it predicts him to rise 34k….. just found that interesting and maybe a bit off?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

    Posts : 7358
    Reputation : 6060
    Join date : 2020-06-28
    Age : 33
    Location : Gold Coast

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by Snatchpato Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:13 pm

    Rabbits21 wrote:Anyone else thinking there might be a bit of something wrong with the formula on MTB site? Eg Cheese scores 35 under his BE it predicts him to lose 36k. Mahoney scores 20 above his BE it predicts him to rise 34k….. just found that interesting and maybe a bit off?
    They are different prices which probably has a lot to do with it
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 4923
    Reputation : 2252
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by mrbrownstone Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:20 pm

    Was getting all set up until I realised it wasn't a 2pm kickoff again. Hate that.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

    Posts : 819
    Reputation : 382
    Join date : 2019-01-27
    Age : 20
    Location : Your Grandma's bedroom

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by King Assassin Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:29 pm

    mattnz wrote:Is it fair to say that typically the gun fantasy wingers take a year or 2 to hit top form?

    Garrick, Too, Rapana and Nofo were all like that.

    Makes me think Matt feagai could be the next, Hard running tackle busting winger. Bit of a hot take, but hes outside lomax this year so could get a few more tries and raise that average to 45ish.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

    Posts : 778
    Reputation : 591
    Join date : 2021-05-14

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by the_great_wobbler Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:36 pm

    mattnz wrote:Is it fair to say that typically the gun fantasy wingers take a year or 2 to hit top form?

    Garrick, Too, Rapana and Nofo were all like that.

    Kiraz looked gun yesterday and his game is built for fantasy. You'll get some lows for sure but if anyone can ride variance it's you.

    Given your season so far he probably averages 80 from here anyway.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17667
    Reputation : 6162
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by mattnz Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:45 pm

    King Assassin wrote:

    Makes me think Matt feagai could be the next, Hard running tackle busting winger. Bit of a hot take, but hes outside lomax this year so could get a few more tries and raise that average to 45ish.

    Kiraz is the one I am seriously looking at. Previously had a decent number of offloads, but looks like the new coach has told him he trusts his instincts to pass in the tackle any time he wants to and to back himself. 5 OFs each of the last 2 games, big running meters, lots of TBs.

    Thinking if he can average 180 running meters, 5 TBs, 3 OFs (career average 2.5), 5 tackles net of misses, that is 45 "base", plus line breaks, tries and try assists. On his day will get 3 tries and a banner.

    If he can average 50, will be about $130k underpriced this week.

    Looks like a good test of the recency bias theory, and the last week to get him if you are going to. Walsh can still be picked up next week.

    I should add I picked up Too round 2 in his breakout season and have owned Garrick before as well, so this is pretty true to form gut feel for me.


    Last edited by mattnz on Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 3849
    Reputation : 2088
    Join date : 2016-01-21
    Location : The Deep North

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by SoylentGreen Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:48 pm

    I'd be more keen on Kiraz if he had CTR. As WFB only I'm more keen on a fullback (ie Walsh).
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

    Posts : 8345
    Reputation : 5922
    Join date : 2016-08-21

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by WT Winfield Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:49 pm

    Yep, definitely a good test of the last week's sco.. *ahem* recency bias test.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17667
    Reputation : 6162
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by mattnz Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:50 pm

    SoylentGreen wrote:I'd be more keen on Kiraz if he had CTR. As WFB only I'm more keen on a fullback (ie Walsh).

    I may end up with both, move Ponga to HLF for Trindall when he is out and play a back 3 of Kiraz, Walsh and Miller - hopefully 3 for breakout seasons and Ponga back to his old self.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17667
    Reputation : 6162
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by mattnz Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:52 pm

    Also while Kiraz looks great for fantasy, it doesn't likely translate to an Origin spot, while Walsh probably will.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17667
    Reputation : 6162
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by mattnz Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:55 pm

    If you take out all of the Kiraz tries, LBs, 5 of his 10 TBs and LBA, he still would have scored over 50 this week, tries are just a bonus stat.

    superbucks
    superbucks

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2016-02-06

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by superbucks Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:01 pm

    Tedesco could be low 700s after his bye, be a good time as any to pick him up.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by Guest Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:02 pm

    Bad news for NAS owners but as a JKing owner this will keep the gravy train rolling!

    For 13 points less than Tohu over 2 rounds the bin chicken will probably double the price rises at a minimum for a starting price of $182k cheaper.

    So roughly…. I’ve potentially saved (and made) $250k over 2 rounds for 13 points less over a two round period in comparison to THarris.

    Definitely not as solid of a scorer but his role was what I expected to start the season and now should keep going to round 9.

    That said though, I’m definitely looking to grab Tohu (like most), at such an awkward price it’s going to be hard to not tear up what I have to do it, might just have to ride the price rises from JKing and make the small jump come round 9.

    Congrats to anyone who followed through and grabbed Nicholls too, was a lot of talk on the forum preseason, not too sure how many had the nuts to follow through.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

    Posts : 8345
    Reputation : 5922
    Join date : 2016-08-21

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by WT Winfield Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:05 pm

    superbucks wrote:Tedesco could be low 700s after his bye, be a good time as any to pick him up.

    Would be a fine investment. I'm hoping he can knock out a tonne next week against the old rivals. Got the week off after, so can afford to rip into the Bunnies.
    superbucks
    superbucks

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2016-02-06

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by superbucks Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:06 pm

    For sure, congrats to Nicholls and King owners.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17667
    Reputation : 6162
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by mattnz Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:10 pm

    Genderbender wrote:Bad news for NAS owners but as a JKing owner this will keep the gravy train rolling!

    For 13 points less than Tohu over 2 rounds the bin chicken will probably double the price rises at a minimum for a starting price of $182k cheaper.

    So roughly…. I’ve potentially saved (and made) $250k over 2 rounds for 13 points less over a two round period in comparison to THarris.

    Definitely not as solid of a scorer but his role was what I expected to start the season and now should keep going to round 9.

    That said though, I’m definitely looking to grab Tohu (like most), at such an awkward price it’s going to be hard to not tear up what I have to do it, might just have to ride the price rises from JKing and make the small jump come round 9.

    Congrats to anyone who followed through and grabbed Nicholls too, was a lot of talk on the forum preseason, not too sure how many had the nuts to follow through.

    King only started $180k less than Tohu and you will need to trade him out as he isnt a keeper.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by Guest Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:15 pm

    mattnz wrote:

    King only started $180k less than Tohu and you will need to trade him out as he isnt a keeper.


    Please forgive me for being $2k off what I wrote.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

    Posts : 7358
    Reputation : 6060
    Join date : 2020-06-28
    Age : 33
    Location : Gold Coast

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 14 - Mark Holden

    Post by Snatchpato Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:15 pm

    Just a friendly reminder not to rip your team apart to get some of these guys doing really well. Myriad opportunities appear throughout the year so ensure you're only trading with a purpose and not for a flavour of the week.

      Current date/time is Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:32 pm