NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:14 pm

Regulator wrote:I'm not saying cheap trash centres to somehow insult their potential ability. I'm saying it because for fantasy purposes specifically they are basement, or basically basement, price, unproven centres compared to the premium options. Every year, we mostly all do it, the correct price at centre at the start of the year is the cheapest price unless there's an out of position premium option.

A decent score week to week from a 250k investment in a bloke who has barely played NRL as you point out is not a reasonable expectation. What they put up last week is the realistic expectation each week until they've established themselves, hopefully as good performers. Along the way, there's going to be these 18 20 point outings sprinkled throughout. The hope is at some point on that journey they can put a couple of good games on the board and get us done money to help enable us to go elsewhere.

They're bottom price dart throws that we hope can make some money while we wait to be in a position to get a proper solution to the position that is always the shittiest to deal with. One week in, we have a couple more points to consider. Bird (personally don't see the need to rush it) Hammer (if you think he's turned a corner) or Mbye (because omg he's a hooker now). Otherwise the centre landscape is really no different to when you picked your team last week.

I am glad you clarified this because #CentresLivesMatter ✊
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:20 pm

I am ditching Garner, I am sure its going to bite me in the arse.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:22 pm

Spectre wrote:Should I trade one of Preston/Talau/Katoa to HTF?

I’m dumping Talau to do such a thing, but I’m not sure about it myself so wouldn’t recommend to others. There’s a likely scenario where they end up averaging quite similar, and I heavily doubt HTF becomes a CTR keeper, but I’m doing it anyway. I’m justifying it by telling myself that I didn’t fully know/appreciate/understand HTF’s usability in the CTR position in the preseason.

If I had Preston I’d be loving last weeks minutes and am assuming he may be a trade in sooner than later.

Katoa is a big question mark. I personally see half decent scores and small price rises, but to be fair, probably nothing that needs to be held, in my opinion.

As for the Mbye chat, you madmen. Acting like Liddle doesn’t exist and Mbye has ever been anything but a terrible fantasy option. Smile But who knows, maybe 2023 is his year?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:26 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:I am ditching Garner, I am sure its going to bite me in the arse.

Yeah, I’m doing the same and whilst I wouldn’t say I’m sure, I definitely think it’s a fair chance that it could not turn out so great.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:28 pm

OTL have done a one off podcast tonight you can listen on Spotify now!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:30 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    On cheapies, someone sell me on Chee-Kam

Got a late call up last week, and Arrow missing this week. How long will he start for?
    Ford a touch out of my price range, so looking at CHee-Kam or BMM for cheapies

Alternatively I can just keep running with Isaiya Katoa, but it seems that even if he makes cash it won't be much. Maybe if he goes on a try scoring run or something
    Arrow and Host due back round 4.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:37 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Arrow and Host due back round 4.

Will either of them displace Chee Kam. Arrow was benched R1.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:43 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I liked him for a cheeky punt, but Jed this week was enough to turn me off, let alone who’s to return in coming weeks. Surely Host has an impact when he returns?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I think Host would start which pushes Chee Kam back to bench. But who knows. I think Host is favoured though but if Cheeks goes well next two weeks Host could initially come back off the bench…. Anyway I’m getting Carty mate.

I have two juicy trades I’m looking at in Uto to Carty and Cheese to Tohu. I think I’ll pull the trigger. I know Tohu won’t get 80mins every week but he should still get 65-70mins. Tohu no origin as well and plays rounds 13 and 19. This would mean I persist with shit centres for now!
    Godtrell
    Godtrell

Post by Godtrell Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:48 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Host will take Chee Kam's spot in round 4. He was always intended to play on that edge until he got injured.

Cartwright and BMM are better cashies IMO.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:01 pm

Looking forward to this round, looking for a bit more clarity on all the questions I have:

Latrell - How much will the PCL issue affect his fantasy output?
    Hopgood - Was round 1 score an anomaly?
    Wilton - Is he worth a punt with Graham out for a month?
    Walsh - Will he join the WFB elite this season (50+ avg)?
    Collins - Is he going to keep producing 50+ scores with the extra mins available
    Dolphins - Was round 1 a flash in the pan?
    BSmith - Worth keeping? How are his ribs?
    Dragons - Is there any fantasy gold in the Dragon's lair?
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:10 pm

Keaon Koloamatangi is one guy I want in my squad asap love watching him play and think he is in for a big year.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:11 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Keaon Koloamatangi is one guy I want in my squad asap love watching him play and think he is in for a big year.

If they are going right more he will greatly benefit
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:16 pm

Chewie wrote:Looking forward to this round, looking for a bit more clarity on all the questions I have:

Latrell - How much will the PCL issue affect his fantasy output? he'll flop this week
    Hopgood - Was round 1 score an anomaly? goated player expect more the same
    Wilton - Is he worth a punt with Graham out for a month?yes trys are base points for this lad
    Walsh - Will he join the WFB elite this season (50+ avg)? just under 50 which will do nicely
    Collins - Is he going to keep producing 50+ scores with the extra mins availableno opinion
    Dolphins - Was round 1 a flash in the pan?think they will ride the crest of a wave this week and win
    BSmith - Worth keeping? How are his ribs?not worth keeping but not because of ribs, too much mid
    Dragons - Is there any fantasy gold in the Dragon's lair? yes id like BMM

my opinions above
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:17 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Keaon Koloamatangi is one guy I want in my squad asap love watching him play and think he is in for a big year.
    I think he’s in for a big year too. S. Burgess has told him to add a bit more aggression to his game.

Thoughts on my potential trades mate? Uto down to a cashie in Carty. I feel Uto will be a slow burn. And Cheese who I don’t think is a keeper up to a keeper in Tohu?
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:23 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I think he’s in for a big year too. S. Burgess has told him to add a bit more aggression to his game.

Thoughts on my potential trades mate? Uto down to a cashie in Carty. I feel Uto will be a slow burn. And Cheese who I don’t think is a keeper up to a keeper in Tohu?

No idea on Uto, I am holding Cheese for what its worth to early to judge his role yet.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:26 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    On cheapies, someone sell me on Chee-Kam

Got a late call up last week, and Arrow missing this week. How long will he start for?
    Ford a touch out of my price range, so looking at CHee-Kam or BMM for cheapies

Alternatively I can just keep running with Isaiya Katoa, but it seems that even if he makes cash it won't be much. Maybe if he goes on a try scoring run or something

If you could afford Ford (alliteration!) would you still pick him?

If BMM is any good, he's my out too for the couple of weeks. Happy to trade IKatoa, but need a decent cow to make it worthwhile really.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:28 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

I don't know how much money you have or whether you already have a gun hooker but if you don't have one, I would get one ahead of Tohu, otherwise go ahead.

I'm running the gauntlet with Boyd so I can get both Carty Party and Hammer this week, leaving me 188k to put towards getting a hooker by the time Boyd has his bye in round 5.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:29 pm

Mulvy wrote:

If you could afford Ford (alliteration!) would you still pick him?

If BMM is any good, he's my out too for the couple of weeks.  Happy to trade IKatoa, but need a decent cow to make it worthwhile really.

You want Ford mate. Grab him.

If he loses place you can drop down to BMM if he gets a decent role
    If he continues starting on the edge for 60-80 should make some good cash for you
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:35 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I don't know how much money you have or whether you already have a gun hooker but if you don't have one, I would get one ahead of Tohu, otherwise go ahead.

I'm running the gauntlet with Boyd so I can get both Carty Party and Hammer this week, leaving me 188k to put towards getting a hooker by the time Boyd has his bye in round 5.
    Hey Beth I have Grant at hooker and I have Haas in my mids with Hopgood and Cheese pre trades.

Don’t mind those trades of yours.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:48 pm