NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod!

Lchy
    Lchy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod! - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod!

Post by Lchy Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:22 pm

mattnz wrote:

There is no question that Hynes is the best fullback in the team by a country mile. Trindall significantly outperforming a very average fullback in Kennedy is hardly a stretch.

Hynes also won this relatively minor award called the Dally M medal at halfback, with the most votes ever polled. You don't think the Sharks will perform better if Trindall is at 7, you think your fantasy team will perform better
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod! - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod!

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:23 pm

Hynes is also a Dally M winning halfback, that was a key reason why the Sharks moved from 9th to 2nd on the ladder. They aren't going to move him
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:24 pm

Lchy wrote:

Hynes also won this relatively minor award called the Dally M medal at halfback, with the most votes ever polled. You don't think the Sharks will perform better if Trindall is at 7, you think your fantasy team will perform better

He also increases risk of reinjury if doing lots of kicking. Everyone else thinks the odds are <1%, I don't.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:25 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Has anyone here got Cotter?

Yep.
    Love that crazy mullet.
    Chose him over Carrigan to partner Haas & Sutton in my 17.
    I also ran with Robson over Grant at starting Hooker.
    The Cows games will be fun to watch.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:25 pm

Has David campese ever go over 800m he had a massive boot on him back in the day

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:25 pm

That is always a risk playing the minutes game when you rely on them for their score to be decent
    Ah Mau,Leniu,Thompson,Uto are but a few off memory
    So theres always that risk attached rather than say a 2rf or are less likely to be subbed (As ideally you want to play them both 80mins to rotate your middles all game)

As for the sharks bench the way Wilton is looked at as the future and they need to resign him soon
    Graham on basically a vet 1 year contract and the club looking after him much like Gallen/Fifita/Lewis in recent times
    The Lines Wilton runs along with Nikora and you saw this in the trials again is awesome, and can't see them interupting this. Also Graham got caught out alot in defence as he has gotten older but this is less of an issue in the middle

Talaki/Ramien and 2 solid wingers along with Nikora/Wilton is going to be fun for the defence if they all stay healthy this year.

Anyways Graham is more of a middle/injury cover as can slot in literally anywhere including the halves like he did in the trials. Make even play as a prop in the middle stages and ball play a little too
    Probably similar to a hutchinson for the roosters

On another note looking at the sharks bench it's basically 3 locks on the bench along with Finucane and Rudolf and you have a very mobile team there which will be interesting
    Going to probably play up tempo attacking play so can't wait

Last edited by Boozecluez on Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:26 pm

mattnz wrote:

He also increases risk of reinjury if doing lots of kicking. Everyone else thinks the odds are <1%, I don't.

Never change Matt, your a god damn mad man.

Place would be stale without you.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:27 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I don't mind people questioning things, its how we'll get better fantasy teams. I've just spent a couple of posts talking about it too. Better to have robust discussion than just chuck in the popular players because that's what everyone else is doing.

But when people (and some people more than others) get things wrong it gets brought up again and again (and again) so frequently that it must put people off putting down the reasoning for their claims.

For example, if Jacob Preston plays less than 60 minutes this weekend, the over/under on the number of people who will feel the need to post about it would be about 9.5
    Rabbits can't post his estimate for a players score or minutes without 3 or 4 replies adding decimal points to it. Sometimes that dead horse just doesn't need to be brought back for another flogging

Fair. the Talakai/Mulitalo stuff last year was like when Homer killed the Krusty Burglar
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:27 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I don’t want Milch getting mad at me, but I also don’t want members and lurkers looking for sound advice to lack guidance.

I’ll just say that in the Avengers, Dr Strange used the time stone to calculate there was one future reality out of 14.000,000ish where they defeat Thanos.

I think this scenario  is in a similar range

I get where you are coming from and it's done in a respectful way.

I just like to let Matt get on with his forum job, which is to do exactly what he is doing, but I am more of a desperate hope rather than blind optimism guy.

I don't get cranky or disdainful about 'best scenario' projections, it all adds to the colour
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:28 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Never change Matt, your a god damn mad man.

Place would be stale without you.

At least I keep the discussion ticking over, and some alternative points of view for debate.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:28 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I don't mind people questioning things, its how we'll get better fantasy teams. I've just spent a couple of posts talking about it too. Better to have robust discussion than just chuck in the popular players because that's what everyone else is doing.

But when people (and some people more than others) get things wrong it gets brought up again and again (and again) so frequently that it must put people off putting down the reasoning for their claims.

For example, if Jacob Preston plays less than 60 minutes this weekend, the over/under on the number of people who will feel the need to post about it would be about 9.5
    Rabbits can't post his estimate for a players score or minutes without 3 or 4 replies adding decimal points to it. Sometimes that dead horse just doesn't need to be brought back for another flogging

The Mighty Cow talking straight 'stuff' and reminding everyone to calm the farm and stop piling on the guys who offer alternative views on players / minutes etc.
    Champion.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:29 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Fair. the Talakai/Mulitalo stuff last year was like when Homer killed the Krusty Burglar

To be fair, Graham and injuries killed off that combo haha
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:29 pm

mattnz wrote:

At least I keep the discussion ticking over, and some alternative points of view for debate.

Amen brother.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:29 pm

Looking at TMM, trying to decide if he is worth it or not

Last year Daejern Asi averaged 34 playing as 6 next to Shaun Johnson. Chanel Harris-Tevita averaged 23

Which one is more like TMM?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:30 pm

mattnz wrote:

There is no question that Hynes is the best fullback in the team by a country mile. Trindall significantly outperforming a very average fullback in Kennedy is hardly a stretch.

i doubt they abandon their structure & change their spine just because trindall has a good game. kennedy may be a poor fantasy asset but he's an important cog in their game plan & i always thought he wasn't that fast but in the trial he chased down & saved a try
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:30 pm

Not taking Warbricks 29 in a loop with BMM,who to play out of TMM,Katoa or AKP?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:30 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I don’t want Milch getting mad at me, but I also don’t want members and lurkers looking for sound advice to lack guidance.

I’ll just say that in the Avengers, Dr Strange used the time stone to calculate there was one future reality out of 14.000,000ish where they defeat Thanos.

I think this scenario  is in a similar range
    So you're saying...:
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:31 pm

Milchcow wrote:

This really irritates me.

If you don't tenderise horse meat you're going to end up with flavoursome but incredibly chewy minute steaks, or even stews. The flesh of horses is dense, low-fat, high-iron and very healthy, but you need to treat it properly before consumption.

You can tenderise in a multi-day brine, or by really long slow cooking, or by tiny thin slicing and fast cooking... but nothing is better (for delicious thin steaks in particular) than manual tenderising.

In short: bringing back the dead horse for another flogging is just good culinary practice.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:32 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Looking at TMM, trying to decide if he is worth it or not

Last year Daejern Asi averaged 34 playing as 6 next to Shaun Johnson. Chanel Harris-Tevita averaged 23

Which one is more like TMM?

Probably somewhere in the middle
    What you are saying is we should get Shaun Johnson as he looks underpriced
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:32 pm

mattnz wrote:

It beats talking about your Grandma

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:34 am