NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Shizzle My Nizzle 2023

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Shizzle My Nizzle 2023 - Page 5 Empty Re: Shizzle My Nizzle 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:37 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Got a few options I'm tossing up.

Hosking, Walsh, Hedwards to Bateman, Grant and Piakura
                                                   or AFB, Ipap and Piakura

Can add in Crossland to Simpkin just for cash and then I can get any 2 players. But Simpkin would 100% be redundant going forward.

Would be Hosking, Walsh, Hedwards and Crossland to Piakura, Simpkin and two of Fifi/Yeo/AFB/Tino etc..

This is one of those situations where I have so many options that it's doing my head in

Who will you enjoy watching and cheering for most?

Which players play for the best teams

Which have the highest ceilings

Which are PODs (to try and shoot ranks up)

Which play the most games

I think question one, 5 and 4 are most important
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:17 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Who will you enjoy watching and cheering for most?

Which players play for the best teams

Which have the highest ceilings

Which are PODs (to try and shoot ranks up)

Which play the most games

I think question one, 5 and 4 are most important

Dunno who chucked a dislike on that. Strange. But anyway you raise some good points. I think one of my trades will be AFB. He's been in beast mode lately, and gives me another MID option going forward. This means getting Ipap but I'm pretty happy with that.

Baulking on the Simpkin trade in. Would be a waste just to have him sit in the emergencies when Hands is already there. 4 hookers seems overkill, especially when 3 of them would be cows. Will get in a gun hooker in R20 and hope it works out for me.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:25 am

Aye the questions I just ask myself those questions thought that might help
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:57 am

Naturally, my two trade ins had two of their lowest games all season. Didn't help that the Warriors played poorly of course, and that the Tigers got trounced so just going to write it off as a poor week (again) and look forward to this week. Poor 934 resulted in losing more ranks.

Team recap

Turpin with the rubbish score we all knew he was capable of. I didn't watch the game don't know why he only played 30odd minutes but damn, so annoying.

Harris and Horse had great games and scores, unfortunately AFB did not. 40 isn't like the worst score ever obviously but definitely annoying for a new trade in.

Preston with another steady 50, Ipap with a sad 44 thanks to the Tigers forgetting how to play.

Hynes smashed it again, going to be hard decisions over who to captain on the run home. SJ with a horrible game in the wet, hopefully plays this week to redeem himself.

Lemmy with a poor 24 in 80 minutes. A warm body this week, but one to watch going forward. Manu with a 50+ cracker. Happy to hold him indefinitely.

Ponga took full advantage of a huge game for the Knights. Has now showed his floor and ceiling so will have to play for the average. Bula poor in a drubbing, which is fine. Edwards though... fast becoming my biggest regret trade of the season. Paid top dollar and just getting 1 score out of him since I've had him is disappointing. Hopefully Cleary awakens the beast again.

Bench

Haas huge 75. Benched just cuz of the order the games were played. Boyd and VTW chugging along nicely. I took Su'a's 38 in the loop over risking Crossland which cost me 30ish points, but I didn't expect him to pull out a 70 and would probably make the same decision again.

Cash out Piakura with a 29, irrelevant in the scheme of things and will hopefully never have to play him.

This week I have 11 regardless of whether SJ plays or not. Hands can sub in if need be. Congrats to Horse for his Origin selection but it's a shame for my team. I have 1 too many EDG this week, so thinking I will cut Su'a loose and wish him well on his future endeavours. Missing 2 CTR/WFB so will have to decide whether there's anyone even worth bringing in for this week. I'm thinking no, but a bit of chat on the forum about cash out/gap fill backs has muddied the waters a little.

I do have a couple of trades though so maybe worth cashing in someone like Crossland or Turpin too to get 13 players. Advice welcomed on this!

Team for this week

Boyd
    AFB Harris Hoppy
    IPap Preston
    Hynes SJ/Hands
    Lemmy ...
    Bula VTW ...

Hands/SJ
    Manu Haas Dedwards Turpin Ponga Horse Crossland Piakura

Bank $12k
    Trades 3(3)
    Rank 8668

Best of luck on the final big bye everyone Clap
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:08 pm

FYI Turpin got a cat 1 HIA
    Score would likely have been fine without that

Its sort of killed his price rises, and with Cheese back soon, can probably move him on.

If you want an extra number this week there's a few decent CTRs both premium (eg Penisini or cashout eg Kris) or whoever else you want
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:57 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    FYI Turpin got a cat 1 HIA
    Score would likely have been fine without that

Its sort of killed his price rises, and with Cheese back soon, can probably move him on.

If you want an extra number this week there's a few decent CTRs both premium (eg Penisini or cashout eg Kris) or whoever else you want

Thanks Milchy, that makes way more sense. Will look at one probably cash out centre and then go from there
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:37 am

Overall, a pretty good week. Had 13 on the park, scored 740 which I thought was going to be par at best, but judging by other scores around it wasn't too bad. Picked up a few ranks at least too.

Recap

Boyd with a 40. Average by his standards, but not bad compared to some of the other options floating around last week. Am 50/50 on whether he will stay or go in the coming weeks. DPP so handy is the biggest drawcard.

AFB with a 49. Hope he doesn't regress as players come back for the Wahs. Happy for now though. Harris with a stubborn 60. Was thinking about him being a possible upgrade but if he can get back to his 60ish scores every week that'll be hard to justify. Hoppy just doing Hoppy things. Great season.

Preston and Ipap both below average, although Ipap particularly poor. Wish I could have afforded Bateman those few weeks ago but such is life. Have to decide which of these two become Fifita this week (or next, but probably this week Origin-pending).

Hynes perfect. SJ close to perfect. Keeping both.

Lemmy and VTW, the Phins Twins combining for a 40 average, happy with that. Bit lame that VTW isn't named this week, but I have a plethora of backs so it's not critical.

New recruits Munro and Montoya did the business. Gotta thank GarethEllis for throwing Montoya's name in the mix, hadn't even considered him. Bula with a poor 31. Also a trade target.

Ok for this week, with VTW and Haas out, plus the 3 on the bye means I'm down to 16 pre-trades. However that includes Hands and Piakura so not super ideal. Not going to worry too much about trades until after Origin, but ideally I'd like to get Fifi in this week and then either prep to get Cleary in next week or potentially this weekend depending on what happens with the Panthers lineup. Plenty of trade bait, starting with Su'a and probably one of the other EDG also, and that's before starting on Bula, and if I have to, Boyd or Tohu.

Current team
    Boyd
    AFB Harris Hoppy
    Preston Ipap
    Hynes SJ
    Lemmy Manu
    Bula Ponga Dedwards

Montoya Hands Piakura
    (Haas Horse Su'a VTW Munro)

Bank $439k
    Rank 6910
    Trades 9(4)
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:07 am

Nice write up Stu, any interest in Grant? He’s fairly cheap right now and you’re only running with one hooker,

You’ve got plenty of money to gun up

Do you have a target of how high you’re aiming to finish?

Also I reckon edwards is due a run of big scores
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:33 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Nice write up Stu, any interest in Grant? He’s fairly cheap right now and you’re only running with one hooker,

You’ve got plenty of money to gun up

Do you have a target of how high you’re aiming to finish?

Also I reckon edwards is due a run of big scores

Yeah definitely looking at Grant, he's one of those trades I'll look at after the game tonight. I agreed on Edwards, really looking forward to Cleary coming back and getting that backline humming.

I had actually targeted top 5k after the byes, but a few low scores put paid to that. So 5k hopefully reasonable first goal, with maybe 3k if I get on a run. Been hard to make up ranks this year for me. A few bad punts mixed in with some bad luck
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:47 pm

Cracker of a week, all things considered. Didn't crack the 1k, but got pretty close (994). Ranks rise (600ish). Won my Eliminator matchup (think last year I made it to the last 8 or 16 after starting as one of the lowest ranked participants - hoping for more of the same!). Only used 1 trade (wish I had used 2 tbh, but more on that later).

Round up

New recruit Grant with an effortless 62. As fine as Boyd has done me this season in the starting hooker spot, it is good to finally have an *actual* hooker in that spot.

Hoppy with a comfortable 56. Not trading him for the foreseeable. Would be the definition of luxury trade if he does end up going though. AFB's 69 (nice) made up for Harris' 31. Kudos to Tohu for digging in even though he had been ill all week, but that didn't really help us owners. Based purely on averages, and not taking into account any of the perceived Tohu durability issues, I'm thinking of holding AFB and using Tohu as my sacrifice to summon Cleary from my graveyard.

Second new recruit Fifita with 49, post-Origin I expected a semi-low score with the potential for a try to boost it, as opposed to a high score even without a try that he is normally capable of. Same as Grant, just happy to look at my team and see him in it. IPap has just been average since I traded him in, and I regret not making that extra little bit of bank to get Bateman instead. 58 though, happy with that for sure. More scores like that and hopefully I won't have to experience more Preston trade regret.

Hynes, was in with a pretty good score till we know what happened at the end...serves me right for captaining him against the Warriors, but still 61 is all good really, just what could have been... SJ huge, another keeper for the season. Easy to cover for the bye so no worries.

Lemmy and Manu combining for over 100, that's more like it. I'll take 100 combined each week no matter the distribution. Another pair of keepers till something happens that makes me want to trade them. Sure Manu might lose some money, but there's noone to trade him to anyway other than someone like Tago, so I'll just roll with it I think!

Bula and Ponga both awesome. Bula was on the trade block, but once again showed that he can score points even if the Tigers aren't going great. Taking the punt on Ponga all those rounds ago has really come good. I know he still has the low score in him, but I'll celebrate the big ones while I can! Dedwards is the biggest trade disappointment of the year for me really. If Cleary can't spring him into gear, it'll be him over Bula who gets traded. 31 is horrible when I paid over $100k more than what he is worth now.

Hands, Piakura and Boyd all 50+ on the bench was handy as. Ended up playing Montoya though, as at that stage I had traded VTW (only to reverse later), so couldn't loop. Not that I would have mattered cuz they were both poor, but it's definitely what cost me the 1k score for the round. The main reason I should have gone through with the trade was because now I need to make 2 trades this week for Cleary funds. Same total trades though so no biggie really. Just psychologically annoying haha.

Onto this week, it's operation get Cleary in. I currently have 18 green dots, but have to play Montoya with Lemmy out. I'm $152k short of my ideal trade of Tohu to Cleary, so will need to raise some funds elsewhere. Not against a 1 round cash out, however I'm now carrying Munro who played 2 rounds and will probably never be seen again, so I'm hesitant to grab another. My ideal trade out for cash is probably VTW, but that means finding someone $281k or less to trade in. I would have used Montoya instead probably cuz of his bye, but as mentioned I need him this week which is why I brought him in in the first place. Another option is Boyd, but seems silly with his useful DPP and the fact he has watertight job security.

Team for this week pre-trades

Grant
    Haas Horse AFB
    Fifita Ipap
    Hynes SJ
    Manu Montoya
    Bula Ponga Dedwards

Boyd Hoppy Hands Harris
    Piakura (Lemmy VTW Munro)

Bank $155k
    Rank 6036
    Trades 7(4)

Thanks once again, and best of luck for this week!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:03 am

What a gun middle you have,

Nice score mate, more to come

Cleary is a must, so you will have to do the trade

This one is outside the box, but maybe Hopgood down to Murray secures you the money you need for the cleary trade

It would suck to trade out two green dots, and Hopgoods dual is useful, I do think Murray plays big mins and out score Hopgood and cleary is cleary

There doesn’t seem to be much in the 280 and below catergory unfortunately
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:06 pm

As has been the case for most of this season, I can't seem to string together two strong weeks in a row. After a relatively strong showing 2 rounds ago, the team shat the bed the round just gone, and my ranking dipped once again. Deflating that I positioned myself to (just) get some guns in,  and then they all pretty much underperformed.

My 3 Warriors are on the bye this week. Couple that with Colquhoun getting himself suspended, and Piakura being ruled out this afternoon, and I'm down to 15 warm bodies before even looking at trades. Not where I thought I would be going into this week.

First the recap

Grant with his lowest score of the year, and third in the 30s. The Storm lost and it was one of those games for them so I know he'll be all good. Just one of the underperforming guns I mentioned.

AFB, Haas, Horse all did their job. Still glad to own AFB despite not hitting 50 (and keeping him over Harris), you know Haas is a gun when 55 is kinda disappointing and Horse just continues to exceed expectations.

Ipap hit 50 again (just), but hard pressed to trade an 80 minute player so he'll be hanging around. Fifi disappointed, another underperforming gun. Didn't help that he didn't play 80 minutes.

Cleary, welcome back. Punished by downdates, but was still worth the  of the dice as captain. Kicked a tonne of goals and his leg looked fine to my untrained eye. Hynes ended up scoring more, but was still going to be a risk with the Sharks stuttering along at the moment. Same for this week, Cleary (c) for sure.

Montoya and Manu combined for 76. Once again just taking them as an average, so 38 each isn't too bad. Montoya was going to be cover for the rest of the year but might have to move him on to get 17 on the park this week.

Dedwards and Ponga with 50+ scores. Happy with that. Bula needs to go, but really don't think it's worth the trade to be honest. Not right now anyway. Possibly if it facilitates some other benefit to the team, but the green dot is more important this week I feel.

Hopgood and SJ commanding scores on the bench. Boyd shat the bed and is in the same boat as Bula now. Too many average scores so has gone from looking like a keeper to needing to be traded. Getting hooked was not a good sign either. But alas he is a green dot so I don't really know. I looped Hands and Colquhoun, and while Colquhoun ended up edging Hands' score, it wasn't enough where I was annoyed at taking the 46 on offer.

So this week is just a mess really. Can't think of anything I haven't mentioned already, Colquhoun out sucks, 3 Warriors out too just makes me glad I traded one so it's not 4, Munro worst trade ever turns out and now Piakura a late scratching...will be clutching at a few straws this week I think. Maybe looking at Finefeuiaki or someone as a stopgap. Like I said, clutching.

Current team
    Grant
    Haas Horse Hoppy
    Fifi Ipap
    Cleary Hynes
    Lemmy Manu
    Ponga Dedwards Bula

Boyd Hands
    (AFB SJ Montoya Piakura Colquhoun Munro)

Bank $41k
    Trades 5(4)
    Rank 6749

Anyway, may your trades be fruitful and your scores prodigious this week!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:33 am

Man I actually managed to get through most of the weekend without looking at my team. Then I checked and was immediately shocked at how poorly it had gone. Sering all the huge forum scores I was like sweet, knocking on 950 maybe. Ha...hahaha...not even close. 875 sums up the season really! When your captain banners and you have an 88 in the team you expect a bit more.

Tale of the tape

Grant was great again. Obviously anything over 70 is a cracking score, but he also looked good with a non-Fantasy lens which bodes well.

Murray was a great purchase. The Rabbitohs resurgence hopefully continues to benefit him. Haas relatively quiet again, but I'll take a quiet 50+ any day. Horse got Ricky'd and I have no real concerns going forward.

Fifi and IPap both hitting/exceeding expectations. Hoping Fifita doesn't go too crazy vs the Wahs. Maybe a few crabby tackle breaks thanks!

Cleary crazy good, goes without saying. Hynes not great cuz the Sharks haven't been great. Or is it the other way around? Either way, I think he's buckling under the weight of expectation and pressure. Can see more low scores than high, so will be keeping the C off him.

Lemmy and Manu. Been taking my centres at an average, and this week that meant...9.5. Oof. Hoping for a Manu bounce back, never thought we'd see that kind of floor. Hoping Lemmy plays cuz I traded Montoya last week and will need to trade in a centre if he's out.

Ponga goes from strength to strength like the Knights themselves. They're like the opposite of the Sharks, and Ponga is playing like the opposite of Hynes - full of confidence and using all the skills in the book. Bula average but can't afford to trade him. Dedwards shockingly bad I just can't get a week where all 3 go bang at the moment.

Hoppy on the bench, 88 was fantastic. DPP still so handy. Random trade in Burns had a 45 pre-updates, but that went down to a 39. Probably par for him. Stuck with him now, so it is what it is. One week cashout Finefeuiaki didn't set the world on fire and adding in Hands' embarrassing performance and it became abundantly clear how I got such a poor score.

Going into this week it'll be no trades unless Lemmy is ruled out. Ideally I'll be only using these last 2 trades if absolutely necessary. 3 red dots not ideal, but better than single digit scores in the 17!

Team

Grant
    Haas Horse Murray
    Fifi IPap
    Cleary Hynes
    Manu Lemmy(?)
    Ponga Bula DEdwards

Hoppy Burns SJ AFB
    Colquhoun (Hands Finefeuiaki Munro)

Bank: $2k
    Trades: 2(2)

Despite a poor season overall, hoping to nudge a few more ranks somehow. Roll on the NFL season 😂
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:50 am

AFB gonna POD you into the top 1k

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:48 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:AFB gonna POD you into the top 1k

Haha that would be mint. But I'll be happy with top 5k at this stage 😂
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:53 pm

Short and sweet this week, been swamped unfortunately. Smashed out an 1105 last week, which I thought was great till I checked my rank and saw very little movement 6850-6639. Figure it was only par in that case!

Happy with everyone except Dedwards, Bula and Ipap (in that order).

No Cowboys so no trades this week

Grant
    Haas Horse Murray
    Fifi IPap
    Cleary Hynes
    Manu Lemmy
    Ponga Bula DEdwards

Hoppy Burns SJ AFB
    Colquhoun Hands (Finefeuiaki Munro)

Bank $2k
    Rank 6639
    Trades 2(2)

Good luck for the weekend guys and catch you at the other end!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:33 pm

Average week ended with an average score of 892. Up 100 ranks. Not going to get out of the 6k rank range it seems, but we go again this week. Nothing big to report, everyone did ok and Lemmy got my lowest score of 25. No single digit shockers thankfully.

Speaking of, a big out this week is Lemmy, so have to decide whether to punt him for a semi-decent centre, or punt one of the cash outs to a bottom of the barrel centre and hold Lemmy. The other big out is Haas and my only green dot backup is Hands. Same kind of predicament as Lemmy but with the big bucks in play making it harder to decide on what to do. I'm leaving towards holding Haas, trading Lemmy to a CTR and riding whatever pittance Hands puts up this week.

Team for this week, pre-trades

Grant
    AFB Horse Murray
    Ipap Fifi
    Cleary Hynes
    Manu ...
    Ponga Bula DEdwards

SJ Hoppy Burns Hands
    (Haas Lemmy Munro Colquhoun Finefeuiaki)

Bank $2k
    Rank 6564
    Trades 2(2)
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:53 pm

Edwards out and no trades left means playing with 16 this week, despite 17 green dots. Clawed my rank up to 6375 so a bit deflating knowing it will drop back, but I also knew that was the risk with using my last trade to get 17 last week. Some grim lessons learned this season that's for sure! At least we're nearly at the end 🤷

Grant
    Haas Horse AFB
    IPap DFifi
    Cleary Hynes
    Manu Ramien
    Bula Ponga ...

Hoppy Burns SJ HGraham
    Finefeuiaki (Dedwards Murray Colquhoun Munro)
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:24 pm

This has been a fun ride keeping track of everything. Just a shame the final round has turned into a lottery/sham. Thanks for all the advice etc this season, has been a learning curve even for a veteran of the game with all the changes but there's always next year.

Up the Wahs!

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:13 am