NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Shizzle My Nizzle 2023

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Shizzle My Nizzle 2023 - Page 2 Empty Re: Shizzle My Nizzle 2023

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:25 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:I think I’d keep Hopgood over carty, because hop has a huge ceiling, and better job security, granted at lessened minutes

Hopgood can always be moved on if it doesn’t pan out

Yeah that's kind of the angle I was coming from, plus the fact that Carty's cash gen is almost done
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:19 am

I’m in the same boat missing out on Miller. I wanted Ponga and couldn’t justify two knights attacking players being in my team. Turns out I got that very wrong.

Not sure he is a keeper but his 55 average and 10TB per game make me think he will come back to the pack at some point. Probably a season defining call but think if you aren’t getting on this week beat just to let him pass by.

The bold call this week would be Teddy to Miller. Trust Teddy to drop a bit more and ride Miller as your 3rd WFB till Teddy bottoms out. Not a huge fan personally but that’s how I’d do it if you want Miller.

Carty or Hopgood to lemuelu looks like another good trade. I’m personally trading Hopgood as I’m sticking with the named starter and with a few big games against a soft draw could have 100k in him. Hopgood could hold price at best off the bench but my keeper eels forward I’d want is Matterson so think his cash is better off available elsewhere. I’m probably in the minority on this thinking though.

Good luck this week!
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:41 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:I think I’d keep Hopgood over carty, because hop has a huge ceiling, and better job security, granted at lessened minutes

Hopgood can always be moved on if it doesn’t pan out

This. I wouldn't be trading Hopgood this week unless I absolutely had to. I'm also trading Carty if that helps at all.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:21 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:I’m in the same boat missing out on Miller. I wanted Ponga and couldn’t justify two knights attacking players being in my team. Turns out I got that very wrong.

Not sure he is a keeper but his 55 average and 10TB per game make me think he will come back to the pack at some point. Probably a season defining call but think if you aren’t getting on this week beat just to let him pass by.

The bold call this week would be Teddy to Miller. Trust Teddy to drop a bit more and ride Miller as your 3rd WFB till Teddy bottoms out. Not a huge fan personally but that’s how I’d do it if you want Miller.

Carty or Hopgood to lemuelu looks like another good trade. I’m personally trading Hopgood as I’m sticking with the named starter and with a few big games against a soft draw could have 100k in him. Hopgood could hold price at best off the bench but my keeper eels forward I’d want is Matterson so think his cash is better off available elsewhere. I’m probably in the minority on this thinking though.

Good luck this week!

Thanks for your post! Definitely worth considering Teddy to Miller, but it's a trigger I'm nervous to pull. I agree that Miller will likely come back to the pack, but Teddy always has that big game waiting in the wings (well, he used to).  The ownership is the scariest part of not having Miller tbh, more than the price. If he keeps scoring like a gun then he'll likely be worth every cent. Something to ponder. I don't hate the look of a Miller/Turbo/Walsh back 3 either. Hmm.

Good luck to you too man, I appreciate the time you put in
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:22 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

This. I wouldn't be trading Hopgood this week unless I absolutely had to. I'm also trading Carty if that helps at all.

Yeah Carty is getting the boot this week and I'll reassess Hoppy in the next few weeks depending on what happens. I think he can score well even in reduced minutes cuz he digs in so all hope is not lost
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:34 pm

The only way Miller becomes anything but fantasy gold is if Newcastle play ponga at fb when he returns

He has too much work rate, attacking influence and points accumulating style to not keep up good scores

Granted it won’t be 70s

His effective ownership in the top 5000 is 100% so it’s a big bet against him
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:28 pm

I could trade Teddy this week then bring him back in next, since he's so cheap? But with those 3 wfb maybe I don't need to for now if I do trade him out
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:39 pm

Ok I've decided that my team looks way better with Miller and Lemmy so I've taken the advice and run with Teddy and Carty to them. The minus is I now have two red dots, but if KNik goes well maybe I can sideways one of them to him next week.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:04 pm

Well that was a week. The highs and lows of Fantasy both playing out within the space of one round. Finally hit a score above par enough (943) to make some decent rank inroads (15475). Thanks to everyone for their advice, it's always appreciated and has helped a lot.

Boyd with a 40, the TS definitely made his score palatable, but whether or not I bring in another Hooker is going to be part of my trade debate this week.

Haas and Carrigan all good. Not bothered by the couple of slightly below average performances by Carrigan, however if I was needing to trade a gun he'd be first on the block I think. Hopgood actually did better than I expected in the end, was looking at a 30 at one point so ending on 39 was good. Trade bait for this week though.

Katoa/Preston happy with both.

Cleary amazing, SJ with a 60 was also great. Really glad I got him in the other week. Makes my decision on Hynes much harder as I don't think I NEED him with those two kicking on well.

Holmes finally got a 50+, so I'm happy with that. New trade in Lemmy got 35 and I'm so glad to have two viable centres now!

Walsh awesome, great to watch and knowing we haven't seen his ceiling game yet is exciting as an owner. New trade in Miller did his usual work and it was just a pity they were playing the Warriors 😂. Turbo obviously a concern injury-wise but I don't have form concerns so he stays despite the shocker.

Ford/Hosking great on the bench. I had Warbrick, IKatoa and Keppie in a loop, but once Warbrick did mud that promoted both of the other two into the 17. IKatoa did ok, but everyone expected more (me included). Keppie is the big worry, things were looking up a few rounds ago but I feel like it's time to cut the losses and jump off. Irks me because he was looking like a good cow there for a while.

NPRs explain themselves. Warbrick poor, Hands poor, HSS and Hunt didn't even play. My primary goal this week is to get at least one of these guys into a moneymaker.

Trades for this week are tough. Everyone seems to be gunning up on the main thread, and while I technically could, I'm not sure I should or need to. My 16th and 17th position are proving troublesome. Had initially planned to bring Teddy right back but that would be 4 fullbacks and probably mildly unnecessary for now. Still an option though. Hopgood needs to go so I can crystallise his gains. Keppie another one who I'm happy to show the door to. Thinking Hunt/HSS to Couch/similar cow/ sometimes playable, Hopgood to a hooker (or maybe Crossland) then Keppie to someone I can afford.

Nothing concrete though, and the low bank doesn't help. But all in all, feeling positive, especially compared to the last few weeks.

Current team:
    Boyd
    Haas Carrigan Hopgood
    Katoa Preston
    Cleary SJ
    Holmes Lemmy
    Miller Turbo Walsh

Ford Hosking IKatoa (Keppie)
    Warbrick Hands (Hunt HSS)

Bank: $54k
    Trades: 26 (3)
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:44 pm

16 and 17 are definite concerns. It’s tempting to go Hopgood down to someone like a Couchman, get in someone to replace Keppie, and then see if there are better scoring options. Complete those 2, and then look at Warbrick to Crossland?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:46 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:16 and 17 are definite concerns. It’s tempting to go Hopgood down to someone like a Couchman, get in someone to replace Keppie, and then see if there are better scoring options. Complete those 2, and then look at Warbrick to Crossland?

Yeah that's probably the best route to take. What are your thoughts on McInnes in my case? Worth the risk? I'm leaning yes but...
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:06 pm

Ok right now I'm looking at Hopgood and Keppie to Robson and Couchman (thanks for the advice FA).

I don't think I'm keen to trade Warbrick just yet solely cuz I just realised I'd then have no CTR cover AND no WFB cover. CTR I'm not too worried about, but with Turbo always a concern I think I need to keep him. For now.

Third trade I'm not sure on. The two trades above give me $79k. So Hunt + cash is $359 so short of anyone I'd really want to trade in (eg Crossland). Even if I did use Warbrick, Crossland would be the only one under $454k that I'd like a look at. Don't really have faith in Sele, plus don't want to bring in both him and Couchman. I think I might tai ho on the third trade, set up an elaborate loop with IKatoa, Warbrick and Couchman and see how we go. Can always work something out later in the weekend if need be.

Still time for me to rip this up though 😂 I might try a different iteration with McInnes over Robson then maybe a third trade would be worth it
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:22 pm

Think you have the right idea going after your 16-21.

Smith and McInnes both look like good options in the MIDs with you looking to offload Hopgood. Could go down to Couchman too.

Maybe Crossland could be an option for HSS.

Kyle Feldt or Sean Russel could also be a cashie and given you have a looper in Hunt if they go big you have great loops to get their score.

Think you can gun up in following weeks once you get that bench cash moving again
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:44 pm

Hmm that is thought provoking. I probably would have grabbed Russell if he had got DPP but I hadn't considered getting him anyway 🤔 I do like the look of McInnes and Couch for Hoppy and Hunt. Then Keppie to someone, preferably playable...which I guess is Crossland? Man I wish I had looked at this more in depth earlier in the week lol

Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:51 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Hmm that is thought provoking. I probably would have grabbed Russell if he had got DPP but I hadn't considered getting him anyway 🤔 I do like the look of McInnes and Couch for Hoppy and Hunt. Then Keppie to someone, preferably playable...which I guess is Crossland? Man I wish I had looked at this more in depth earlier in the week lol

Plenty of time to think about it mate, no one you're looking at trading in or out plays tonight, so perhaps ponder more tomorrow?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:12 pm

Another week in the books, with a close-to-par score of 796 clipping a few more ranks off the 15k, to 13291. Thankfully everyone had a relatively quiet week, although Hynes going bang late punctured my rank more than I would have liked! Got a few guys trying their best to play themselves out of my side, but really need to start saving trades so it's going to be one of those 'should I/shouldn't I' weeks.

Ended up settling on Hopgood, Keppie and HSS to McInnes, Crossland and Couchman last week. Decided on the two possible cashies since Keppie has stalled and HSS is AWOL. Obviously the Couch didn't go as great as possible, but happy with Crossland's performance. Didn't get his score as I had already banked Warbrick's 38 in the loop (should have traded Hunt over HSS) - but I'd have played Warbrick in my 17 if loops weren't possible anyway, so no big loss.

As for the team itself

Boyd sound at hooker. Filling an otherwise awkward position with reasonable scores. Helped that other hookers were kept quiet last week also so I don't feel as dumb playing him there for now.

Haas, great as always. Running out of superlatives for him. New recruit McInnes did about what I expected. Didn't think he'd be pushing 60s or anything, so will take the 50. Carrigan disappointing again, a few weeks on the trot now. One of those I mentioned trying to play their way out of my team. Possible trade.

Katoa below average, but I think it was just one of those games. Trying to play his way out of my team also but I really wanted to hold him till the bye, especially vs the Warriors. Could make way if need be but I really think he'll be up for it this week. Preston continuing to do his thing.

Cleary and SJ quieter than they have been, but that's the kind of week it was. If Hynes hadn't junked up at the end of his game it would have been even better.

Lemmy has underwhelmed since I brought him in. I wish I had just forked out for Bird tbh. However I'm more disappointed in Holmes. Really thought he'd be more dominant this season, but the Cowboys regression has included him unfortunately.nthenscprentwonweekanagp clearly not the norm, and he's the third player trying to be cut from the team. As he was eventually going to be traded anyway maybe I cut my losses.

Miller a rare low score, will be interesting to see what he can pull out with Ponga back, and whether he keeps kicking goals etc. Turbo key one big disappointment, needs a big game this week to restore the faith. Walsh been the my fave purchase of the year so far. Wish I had just started with the him as a red dot but it is what it is.

Hosking, Ford and IKatoa I'm all happy with on the bench. Would rather have Katoa in the loop of course but if he can hit 40ish every week I can't complain. Warbrick good, Crossland above expectations. Couch and Hands 😬 regrets.

Trades for this week. As mentioned I don't really feel like I NEED to trade. But also I can do things like Carrigan to Matto, or Holmes to Bird in one trade. Don't fancy JDB as an option. No downgrades I'm keen on, happy to give Bula a week and even then do I really want to be trading in wooden spoon fullbacks?

Interested in thoughts this week, do I push on, or hold? Thanks again for reading.

Current team:
    Boyd
    Haas Carrigan McInnes
    Katoa Preston
    Cleary SJ
    Holmes Lemmy
    Miller Turbo Walsh

Ford Hosking IKatoa (Hunt)
    Warbrick Crossland Hands Couchman

Bank: $194k
    Trades: 23 (3)
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:45 pm

Push! Go aggro on trades

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:32 am

Carrigan and Holmes to Matto and Bird. Put a pin in Manu and will revisit next round. So glad I skipped Host, very lucky there
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:16 pm

Nice trades bro good luck this weekend

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:03 pm

Interesting week where I thought I was going ok, was happy with my trades (despite Carrigan outscoring Matto) but then a few dud scores added together resulted in a par-at-best 842 (round rank 13533 suggests par may be generous) and a small rank improvement to 12195.

Agonised all week over Katoa to Manu but decided to wait a week. Financially made sense, but couldn't have predicted Katoa's HIA. A few points gone begging there. Bird trade in for Holmes was great as expected even with Holmes cracking 50 again. Matterson did ok for 51 but not as good as Carrigan who he had replaced. Trying to think of the long game here. Plus I technically saved a trade, by only using 2.

As for the team itself
    Boyd, best game so far and couldn't have come at a better time as my sole hooker. Was an almost certain trade out a few rounds ago, but will stay for the interim as he plugs the gap quite sufficiently for now.

Haas was his usual reliable self despite not cracking 60. McInnes hasn't seen the uptick I expected and wanted but stays the course for now. And Matterson I'm happy to have in the team, plus hoping he can push the 60 score more often than not.

Preston is great, in no hurry to move him on at all. Hosking is a worry with his minutes and Garner being named on the extended bench doesn't lessen that worry. But for now he's fine.

Cleary and SJ, doing fine.

Lemmy was good, nice to see him keep the spot with Bromwich back. Bird was great and I felt like he was the missing piece in my team that I should have traded in weeks ago.

Now my back 3. All 3 were rubbish tbh. Miller is a concern if he continues like he did on the weekend, but for now I'll just chalk it up to a one off. Same with Walsh, yes the Broncos draw might be *tougher* at the moment, but as a big part of their attack he will be involved I'm sure. Turbo is one of my biggest regrets this season. Can't believe I traded out Teddy. That'll teach me!

Bench wasn't amazing, but could have been worse. Ford ok, IKatoa improving, Crossland about what I expected. Unfortunately EKatoa didn't go well at all. The NPRs all scored in the 20s which won't help their cashflow and Hunt still a red dot.

This week is a bit of a crunch. I'm sure if I double cow I could get Hynes although I haven't run the numbers yet. I think the smarter play is going for Manu as initially planned. Will probably have to trade in someone like Bula for that to happen, but am open to other suggestions if they're there.

Thanks for reading and have a great round Clap

Current team:
    Boyd
    Ford Matto McInnes
    Hosking Preston
    Cleary SJ
    Bird Lemmy
    Miller Walsh Turbo

IKatoa Crossland

Hands Couchman (Warbrick Katoa Haas Hunt)

Bank: $31k
    Trades: 21 (3)

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 pm