NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 1510
    Reputation : 378
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by manlybeaver Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:55 am

    I'm running 7 players under 250k and a few just over 300k and no cheese for me since I can't have my ideal starting 13
    Mr Trump
    Mr Trump

    Posts : 27
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2023-01-10

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Mr Trump Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:11 am

    Boys I’m really struggling on who to decide out of alamonti or shields for my starting centre the other will be in emg. Any thoughts on this?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11425
    Reputation : 8067
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Camo123 Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:11 am

    What score would you take from Doorey to hold the door on the 17th spot over Ford

    Currently have Sloan as my last EMG decision awaiting the loop and hopefully more news on Hynes/Bateman for Blore/Trindall and Preston


    Don’t ask me why no Grant or how many cheapies I have Rabbits


    Last edited by Camo123 on Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

    Posts : 7358
    Reputation : 6060
    Join date : 2020-06-28
    Age : 33
    Location : Gold Coast

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:11 am

    Mr Trump wrote:Boys I’m really struggling on who to decide out of alamonti or shields for my starting centre the other will be in emg. Any thoughts on this?
    Choose the one who will score the most tries this weekend.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 1510
    Reputation : 378
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by manlybeaver Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:13 am

    Mr Trump wrote:Boys I’m really struggling on who to decide out of alamonti or shields for my starting centre the other will be in emg. Any thoughts on this?

    Id go Alamoti out of those two tho i'm running hunt tho this week due playing the warriors.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11425
    Reputation : 8067
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Camo123 Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:14 am

    Mr Trump wrote:Boys I’m really struggling on who to decide out of alamonti or shields for my starting centre the other will be in emg. Any thoughts on this?

    Alamoti is the highest owned player in the game now, so I’d probably just go with the crowd (unknown how many autofill teams have in EMG) in case he does go massive

    He would probably be my choice anyway on fixtures* (note I am a terrible tipper and impossible to get a gauge on team strength in R1)
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

    Posts : 7358
    Reputation : 6060
    Join date : 2020-06-28
    Age : 33
    Location : Gold Coast

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:15 am

    Rabbits21 wrote:@Snatchpato you can call us Souffs if you like I know the feeling is mutual!
    1. Souffs isn't an insult.
    2. I don't care about the Rabbits enough to have a deep vendetta against them.
    3. I think healthy competition is fun an all, and so is rooting against your rivals, however taking it to the point where you make it your identity is akin to the partisan nature of the American political system (dangerous and sad).
    4. I think your HSS pick is good and I'm with you on that one.
    5. Go the Roosters.
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 8563
    Reputation : 3034
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Loomer Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:26 am

    manlybeaver wrote:

    Id go Alamoti out of those two tho i'm running hunt tho this week due playing the warriors.

    If Warriors play 80 like they did first half against Storm in trial they not easy beats everyone making out vs Newcastle
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13082
    Reputation : 8122
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:28 am

    Lol, what?

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/legal-twist-could-result-in-amone-making-shock-return-for-dragons-20230301-p5cook.html
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

    Posts : 1026
    Reputation : 636
    Join date : 2020-02-24
    Location : Laniakea

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Holy Moly Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:40 am

    A little summary of some cheapies...






















    230K TO 250KPRETTY SAFEDOOREYLocked in on an edge by the sounds of the coach
    SLOANAll pre-season twas said the job is his, bye RD1, BUT see link on Amone this page
    ALAMOTIHas the centre role, highly touted rookie
    SMITH-SHIELDSHas the centre spot until Savage returns
    WARBRICKHas the wing for a few weeks, built for fantasy I hear
    I KATOAStarting half, shitty team, MILF in background
    HIGH RISK & REWARDTRINDALLGreat cow if Hynes not back soon
    BLOREGreat cow if Bateman not back soon
    PRESTONRookie bench player, touted by Gus, more minutes in pack due to injuries
    AKPMay only get 2 weeks due to returning players
    CARTWRIGHTVery up and down history, maybe 3 weeks, maybe benched
    257K TO 400KOTHERSSTONETalked up in preseason as getting decent minutes from the bench
    I THOMPSONEarned the spot end of last year, Milne in the wings from RD2
    TE MAIRE MARTINHas the halfback roll, DPP too
    PERHAMHas the fullback roll, he's a rookie, so will need to see
    KEPPIEUnknown if moving to lock improves minutes/output, Bye RD2
    LEVITerrible rep as fantasy flayer, how many minutes will Ricky give him?
    FORDCan he keep curran out?
    LOIEROHas the storm edge, may get pushed out when troops return
    UTOIKUMANUDoes he keep the starting role and get the minutes?


    Last edited by Holy Moly on Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

    Posts : 1032
    Reputation : 903
    Join date : 2018-01-09
    Location : Christchurch

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Goodnight Kiwi Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:42 am

    Mr Trump wrote:Boys I’m really struggling on who to decide out of alamonti or shields for my starting centre the other will be in emg. Any thoughts on this?

    Agree with others saying Alamoti ahead this round.

    Coming through the Bulldogs ranks and playing his club debut. Outside Kikau, inside Fox. Marking Brad Parker.

    Meanwhile HSS marking Holmes away in Townsville.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

    Posts : 3278
    Reputation : 2916
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Up the Wahs!

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Moanaman Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:43 am

    24 of the most handsome, charismatic, and well hung forum members have joined The Autofill League, why haven't you?
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

    Posts : 3005
    Reputation : 1511
    Join date : 2021-03-02
    Location : NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:48 am

    Rabbits21 wrote:3 cheapies in the back 3 is not me neither is 7 cheapies too risky playing with fire.

    It's all about making $ Rabbs - don't short change yourself on some set template you think you should have;

    I recommend you try and find room for these cheapies;

    Carty
    Warbrick
    I Katoa
    Doorey
    Alamoti
    Smith-Shields
    I Thompson
    A Khan-Pereira

    - Carty could be out of the run on side in 4 weeks but will $ up quicker.
    - I have put them in my approx order of priority.

    - No guarantees

    Good luck this season mate.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

    Posts : 3005
    Reputation : 1511
    Join date : 2021-03-02
    Location : NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:50 am

    VC Hopgood (I am not running Grant) - REALLY tempted to (C)..but I will follow the sheep on (C)leary. But I will not be shocked for a 65+ from Hoppy.
    Monty_Burns
    Monty_Burns

    Posts : 64
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2019-05-03

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Monty_Burns Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:50 am

    Holy Moly wrote:A little summary of some cheapies...


    230K TO 250KPRETTY SAFEDOOREYLocked in on an edge by the sounds of the coach
    SLOANAll pre-season twas said the job is his, bye RD1, BUT see link on Amone this page
    ALAMOTIHas the centre role, highly touted rookie
    SMITH-SHIELDSHas the centre spot until Savage returns
    WARBRICKHas the wing for a few weeks, built for fantasy I hear
    I KATOAStarting half, shitty team, MILF in background
    HIGH RISK & REWARDTRINDALLGreat cow if Hynes not back soon
    BLOREGreat cow if Bateman not back soon
    PRESTONRookie bench player, touted by Gus, more minutes in pack due to injuries
    AKPMay only get 2 weeks due to returning players
    CARTWRIGHTVery up and down history, maybe 3 weeks, maybe benched
    257K TO 400KOTHERSSTONETalked up in preseason as getting decent minutes from the bench
    I THOMPSONEarned the spot end of last year, Milne in the wings from RD2
    TE MAIRE MARTINHas the halfback roll, DPP too
    PERHAMHas the fullback roll, he's a rookie, so will need to see
    KEPPIEUnknown if moving to lock improves minutes/output, Bye RD2
    LEVITerrible rep as fantasy flayer, how many minutes will Ricky give him?
    FORDCan he keep curran out?
    LOIEROHas the storm edge, may get pushed out when troops return
    UTOIKUMANUDoes he keep the starting role and get the minutes?


    I reckon you can add F Pele to this list, could see decent front row minutes for the doggies. Im gonna take a punt on him, they're short on decent middles.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

    Posts : 1218
    Reputation : 869
    Join date : 2020-06-01
    Location : 3 Highview Crescent, Coollaroo

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:51 am

    If your mental health is negatively impacted by some strangers on a forum about a game then something needs to change.

    The only advice I have is to focus on the things you can control, and to remember to get your forum mandated outside time.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13082
    Reputation : 8122
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:53 am

    Goodnight Kiwi wrote:

    Agree with others saying Alamoti ahead this round.

    Coming through the Bulldogs ranks and playing his club debut. Outside Kikau, inside Fox. Marking Brad Parker.

    Meanwhile HSS marking Holmes away in Townsville.

    Koula and Olakauatu are Manly's right edge. Not so simple.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

    Posts : 2441
    Reputation : 761
    Join date : 2015-11-09
    Location : NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Honey Badger Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:58 am

    rhinoceroo wrote:

    Koula and Olakauatu are Manly's right edge. Not so simple.

    Goodluck to Alamoti tackling Olakauatu all game
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

    Posts : 1026
    Reputation : 636
    Join date : 2020-02-24
    Location : Laniakea

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Holy Moly Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:01 am

    Monty_Burns wrote:


    I reckon you can add F Pele to this list, could see decent front row minutes for the doggies. Im gonna take a punt on him, they're short on decent middles.
    And I forgot to add Tommy Talau. Nice summary...hahha
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

    Posts : 1032
    Reputation : 903
    Join date : 2018-01-09
    Location : Christchurch

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

    Post by Goodnight Kiwi Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:08 am

    rhinoceroo wrote:

    Koula and Olakauatu are Manly's right edge. Not so simple.

    Ah, right on. Was jst going by numbers...

      Current date/time is Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 pm