NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:34 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

Depends how you choose to frame it

Badum
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:34 pm

my tv broke wrote:

he was mid 400's in 2021 partnered with Moylan which in  hindsight feels like a no brainer. started the year with 59, 53, 42, 76, 69, 60

ShadowSabre wrote:

Yep and that start is exactly what I was referencing and what I am afraid of
    May not happen but what a kick start to the season it would be

It really was an oversight, much profanity directed at the television during Sharks games. Still finished 63rd though. As Milchcow has said, the trades you make carry a lot more weight than your starting team.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:35 pm

MF wrote:I’m surprised how many Doorey puns there are

It's a shame he doesn't play for The Sharks de do de do de do

Last edited by Moanaman on Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:36 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:Why is everyone sweating so hard on Carrigan?

He is beautiful and i want to pick him (may become Welch if i find a need for the cash)

But like why.. don't just expose a bit more of your collar bone and tell me sweet things. Get dirty with me, show me some stats or training the house down new articles to get my motor running about him

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:37 pm

DT: Officials are hopeful Luke Thompson will avoid surgery after fears the star Canterbury prop would miss the season.

Thompson could now be sidelined for just two months after scans revealed the Englishman may not have to undergo an operation to repair his injured foot.

If the injury heals as hoped, Thompson may now only be sidelined for the opening six to eight matches.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:38 pm

Have seen some people say they are getting rid of Katoa of this Dolphin kind... Any other year we would be lapping up a based price starting halfback. What just because a lot of us are expecting Dolphins to have a rough trot and with Milford his only competition who hasn't been able to land a consistent spot in a team for the last 4 years we don't him?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:38 pm

I keep going back to TMM and CNK and just don't feel convinced by either of them. TMM only averaged 22 last year at fullback, who's to say he does better at a worse club in the halves? CNK looked pretty average last year eye-test wise, has a bit of pedigree obviously but also moving to a worse club. So why do both keep finding their way into my team?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:39 pm

Holy Moly wrote:Anyone out there seeing value in Hastings $645k? His first 6 games are against

WARRIORS
    TIGERS
    DOLPHINS
    RAIDERS
    MANLY
    WARRIORS

Pretty sure he's been confirmed to be GK to start the year.
    Likely to be the main kicker in the team.

Spose he could be an overpriced Boyd.

His scores last year at halfback were funny. He started out on fire, and then after 5 weeks or so they just fell off a cliff.

60 average first 5, then 32 average next 6. He lost goal kicking and did a lot less general play kicking, but that doesn't account for nearly 30 fantasy points a week.

So the question is, which Hastings are you getting? There was a time at the Tigers when Hastings was touching the ball more than almost any other player in the NRL, will he have that same dominance at Newcastle?
    He is a wait and see for me. I think Doueihi/Boyd look to be safer picks
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:42 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Have seen some people say they are getting rid of Katoa of this Dolphin kind... Any other year we would be lapping up a based price starting halfback. What just because a lot of us are expecting Dolphins to have a rough trot and with Milford his only competition who hasn't been able to land a consistent spot in a team for the last 4 years we don't him?

Maybe they are worried about getting a Kane Elgey who only averages 25 points a week.

O'Sullivan is going to do the vast majority of the kicking. Is Katoa gong to do a bunch of tackling?
    If not, where are all his points going to come from? Multiple try assists per week?

He's in my 21, but not going near my playing 17, at least to start
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:42 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Have seen some people say they are getting rid of Katoa of this Dolphin kind... Any other year we would be lapping up a based price starting halfback. What just because a lot of us are expecting Dolphins to have a rough trot and with Milford his only competition who hasn't been able to land a consistent spot in a team for the last 4 years we don't him?

If you think similar priced forward can sit in EMG and make more $$$ then yeah I'm avoiding
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:42 pm

I have him but not overly convinced. Where does he get his points from? SOS will do most of the kicking and attacking stats look tricky to come by in that Dolphins side. Giving me Amone vibes from last year but not sure it's really worth going against the pack with 42% ownership. Stashed deep in the EMG though until he proves otherwise.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:43 pm

my tv broke wrote:

he was mid 400's in 2021 partnered with Moylan which in  hindsight feels like a no brainer. started the year with 59, 53, 42, 76, 69, 60
    I'd take that sequence for Trindall this year
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:44 pm

RandomSil wrote:Why is everyone sweating so hard on Carrigan?

People liked him anyway, and then he scored like a beats in the trial - 72 fantasy points against the cowboys

He's $100k cheaper than Haas (although a bunch of people have both)
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:44 pm

Milchcow wrote:

His scores last year at halfback were funny. He started out on fire, and then after 5 weeks or so they just fell off a cliff.

60 average first 5, then 32 average next 6.  He lost goal kicking and did a lot less general play kicking, but that doesn't account for nearly 30 fantasy points a week.

So the question is, which Hastings are you getting? There was a time at the Tigers when Hastings was touching the ball more than almost any other player in the NRL, will he have that same dominance at Newcastle?
    He is a wait and see for me. I think Doueihi/Boyd look to be safer picks

Doueihi is in my team now and feels better than Hastings.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:44 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I keep going back to TMM and CNK and just don't feel convinced by either of them. TMM only averaged 22 last year at fullback, who's to say he does better at a worse club in the halves? CNK looked pretty average last year eye-test wise, has a bit of pedigree obviously but also moving to a worse club. So why do both keep finding their way into my team?

Had CNK now don't. Not sure I even want TMM starting as Warriors fan
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:45 pm

mattnz wrote:

I'd take that sequence for Trindall this year

I think we all would. One game would be a bit disappointing though.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:48 pm

Honey Badger wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

To be fair, its not just the "body language post" (which I haven't seen and don't know what it is) but the fact that NRL Physio suggested he had 2 sources that it was more serious than they're letting on. There was also some random dude saying 8 weeks, but I think the NRLPhysio is both the most widely read and most persuasive of the sources

So we start with Trindall just incase Hynes is out for longer. If Hynes is back next week it will just cost us one trade and there are plenty of dodgy 250k 2rfs to trade him to

This is the way

Unless he gets injured, Trindall will make some money this week (potentially more than any other base price player). So you should at least have some flexibility about who to trade him to if he needs to be ditched early.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:48 pm

RandomSil wrote:

But like why.. don't just expose a bit more of your collar bone and tell me sweet things. Get dirty with me, show me some stats or training the house down new articles to get my motor running about him

I don't have any secret sauce or anything.

Personally, I just think he's a better player than Haas is now. I'd rather we used Haas in slightly shorter mins for a bit more impact.

Carrigan had a few struggles in 2021 and came back in 2022 a much improved player. He's a smart dude off field and improved the areas he needed to. He's clearly a leader on the field for us (the mic'd up he did). Been away on Australian tour and looks driven/hungry. Offloads looked good in that last trial he played.

If things just continue as normal for him then he still averages around 50 and isn't really any concern in your team.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:49 pm

ooh, now that I am admin, I get to multi-level quote people

That's almost as good as all the other powers.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:51 pm

Loomer wrote:

Had CNK now don't. Not sure I even want TMM starting as Warriors fan

After watching him in the trial I would much rather Johnson be dropped for Volkman/Metcalf than TMM.
    TMM played like the type of organising, game-managing half that Johnson isn't.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:46 am