NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:15 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Well, I've just done it and kind of like it. Basically meant going Cleary, Miller, Ponga and about 100k bank to Cook, Teddy and TMM. Team actually looks... better? Could also do Grant instead of Cook and keep the bank.

If you think Grant and Cook will roughly match there scoring from last year, I think the bye schedule makes Cook worth the money.

However, he's basically the first to go in my planning any time I need to find cash (and why downgrade to Grant when you can downgrade to Hodgson)
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:17 am

mrbrownstone wrote:I Katoa is giving me Amone vibes from last year. SOS will surely do the bulk of the kicking and it's hard to see where many attacking stats will come from playing for the Dolphins. Hard to look past a 230k starting half but I'm considering it.

i prefer trindall as he has more runs on the board for good scores, plays in a way better team,

if katoa smashes it against the roosters its safe to get him in week 2, and his price wont be too prohibitive
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:18 am

TherealTimSimona wrote:Grant
    Cotter/Carrigan/Murray
    Hopgood/E.Butcher
    Cleary/Boyd
    Thompson/HTF
    Miller/Turuva/Warbrick

B.Smith/Ford/Blore/S Luke

Pereira/ Alamoti/ HSS/ I.Katoa

$169K ITB

Wondering whether to go with robson and Munster instead of grant and cleary to free up more cash

grant and cleary keep for the points

which pereira is that?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:19 am

I’m starting to come around to three week Carty Party versus a 3 weeks to maybe forever (?) Doorey Dash. FWIW I kinda lean toward Matterson playing MID off the bench, it was what Eels did last season and general trend is teams want to go more mobile there with Matto type players. That would favour Doorey longevity. But then again, Doorey is meh and if assuming Hop is good, Eels might be better overall if he goes EDG.

Still haven’t made a team but hoping I can maybe avoid it all.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:19 am

Milchcow wrote:

Trindall is a much better bet than Blore/Doorey, especially in terms of week 1 scoring potential

Concern is if Hynes comes back after a week, its a bit of a waste

I tend to burn trades in the early rounds to get the team right, might as well get some good scores in the process Razz
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:26 am

robelgordo wrote:I’m starting to come around to three week Carty Party versus a 3 weeks to maybe forever (?) Doorey Dash. FWIW I kinda lean toward Matterson playing MID off the bench, it was what Eels did last season  and general trend is teams want to go more mobile there with Matto type players. That would favour Doorey longevity. But then again, Doorey is meh and if assuming Hop is good, Eels might be better overall if he goes EDG.

Still haven’t made a team but hoping I can maybe avoid it all.

I have a team with neither of them, would rather back Preston to get big mins at edge with RFM moving to the middle to cover the loss of LT
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:27 am

I’m full of shit about the romance of rugby league 😂, I’ll end up going with the guys picked to play who have the better perceived job security

Had a look at Cook/DCE(or Moses) in for Cleary and Grant. It didn’t look bad but I think I’m going to stick with Cleary.
    I’ll sacrifice which ever mid range edge stinks it up for a more expensive WFB in a couple of weeks
    TherealTimSimona

Post by TherealTimSimona Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:28 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

grant and cleary keep for the points

which pereira is that?

The titans winger
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:41 am

Is the consensus that Ford is a trap on this forum? Any warriors news to suggest that he will hold out Curran? He’s definite plodder status. Don’t mind Murray + Blore to Tapine + Ford and some change.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:43 am

We at least have a few days of Hynes rumours solidifying before the Sharks play and we can swap out another 250k for Trindall if necessary.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:43 am

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:44 am

Milchcow wrote:

If you think Grant and Cook will roughly match there scoring from last year, I think the bye schedule makes Cook worth the money.

However, he's basically the first to go in my planning any time I need to find cash (and why downgrade to Grant when you can downgrade to Hodgson)

This is where I'm at currently. Seeing what I can come up with downgrading to Hodgson.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:47 am

After playing for a couple of hours, I think the key decision in my team is going to be Cook or Latrell.
    Really want Cook but his price just makes it hard.

To have them both I have to drop Haas or Doueihi, and I think they have better cash potential on top of the points. Latrell/Cook are really just points+byes and not money so I think one of them has to go.
    Will spend the next day or 2 mulling over that one, and it has a couple of other flow on effects to the rest of the team (chiefly which shit-arse WFB do I run with if not Latrell)
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:48 am

this is what I have post TLT

i will change a lot between now and Thursday

Hodgson
    Carrigan, Tapine, Murray
    Hopgood, Ford
    Hastings, Cleary (c)
    Talau, H Hunt
    Perham, Miller, Warbrick

B Smith, Boyd, Stefano Uto, Levi

Trindall, Alamoti,Preston, Walsh (inj)

191k in bank

controversial selections,

Hodgson i have lowkey liked from the off, good price, previous gun scorer, impressed me in the 2nd trial and the make up of parra bench leads me to believe he'll play big minutes

Ford, over garner/katoa, tbh this is one that might change, because if i start with garner or katoa and then don't like what i see its easy to go down to ford, my biggest query around ford is minutes as the looming curran exists

Hunt, honestly this is due to price and draw, i think newcastle will score points, leftwingers bag tries, he is absurdly cheap and has dual position, i slightly prefer him just for this week over alamoti as i think manly attack might make alamoti struggle, if hunt is bad/gets dropped for marhzhew then hes easy to replace

Levi, i fail to see how he won't make money being a starting hooker, i also think hes a way better player than people give him credit for, this is a punt and could go wrong, do not follow, i also low key like him for some reason

Trindall over katoa, sharks better team, trindall more dominant, more kick metres, more historic scoring prowess, again if katoa shows me something easy to swap them, also roosters might run riot against katoa, who's defence for tonga looked suspect

walsh (inj) i expect him to only miss one week, so happy to park him

perham, i did jump off him after trials, but ciraldo has a faith in him that remains steadfast, so just for that reason and the fact that he is a starting NRL fullback at that price i will gamble on him, again a punt, I will also replace him easily if i dont like what I see with walsh next week

hastings he showed nothing in the trials but i do believe the team is set up for him in a way which will lead to him being ball dominant, kick metres, touches etc, think this bodes well for his fantasy score, no niggling injuries reported, lets go
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:58 am

Any 250ks with actual job security (for over a month) that haven't been discussed?K

Katoa actually seems to have most security.. Won place on merit, team don't particularly expect results, only Milford to compete with.

Alamoti seems pretty secure unless Dogs start terribly.

Warbrick should have job security at least until Gennings returns and probably until Pap is back

HSS secure until Savage returns except Ricky and Canberra saviour Jarrod Croker.

Hymel Hunt also seems to have won place on merit, but uninspiring plus Marzhew in wings if Knights need to roll dice.

Tommy Talau, not sure how secure. A few other equally underwhelming West's backs also hanging around.

Trindall obviously out as soon as Hynes back, currently looks like a one week waste, but wait on further news.

Host/Lawrie Doorey/Carty already much discussed and insecure beyond three rounds to varying and debatable degrees.

Blore, will Bateman walk into the team next week? Can Bateman walk?

AKP, Kelly back shortly, last man in first out?

Sloan/BMM, don't know if they're even going to get picked

Soni Luke, obviously wil have some sort of role but we don't know what.

Preston, see Soni Luke.

Missed anyone worthwhile?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:58 am

ytsb wrote:Is the consensus that Ford is a trap on this forum? Any warriors news to suggest that he will hold out Curran? He’s definite plodder status. Don’t mind Murray + Blore to Tapine + Ford and some change.

Curran coming back from injury has been building up game time

Many assume he'll take the spot eventually, but who knows
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:02 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Any 250ks with actual job security (for over a month) that haven't been discussed?K

Katoa actually seems to have most security.. Won place on merit, team don't particularly expect results, only Milford to compete with.

Warbrick should have job security at least until Gennings returns and probably until Pap is back

HSS secure until Savage returns except Ricky and Canberra saviour Jarrod Croker.

Hymel Hunt also seems to have won place on merit, but uninspiring plus Marzhew in wings if Knights need to roll dice.

Tommy Talau, not sure how secure. A few other equally underwhelming West's backs also hanging around.

Trindall obviously out as soon as Hynes back, currently looks like a one week waste, but wait on further news.

Host/Lawrie Doorey/Carty already much discussed and insecure beyond three rounds to varying and debatable degrees.

Preston, see Soni Luke.

pretty good summary tbh
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:02 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Any 250ks with actual job security (for over a month) that haven't been discussed?K

Preston, see Soni Luke.

There's a bunch of bench utilities (Donoghoe/Weekes/Granville etc)

Of the ones you didn't mention, most interesting is Franklin Pele. There's a chance for some decent minutes in that Dogs team at the moment, and he has a bit of hype about him
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:03 am

OK so suddenly I have Cleary in my side and I have 9 x sub 350 k players.

It looks like by R6, I will have Cleary and Hynes without too much effort. That'll do for now
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:07 am

ytsb wrote:Is the consensus that Ford is a trap on this forum? Any warriors news to suggest that he will hold out Curran? He’s definite plodder status. Don’t mind Murray + Blore to Tapine + Ford and some change.

I don’t think he’s a plodder. Kinda surprised me he never got a decent run at NRL level for Dragons, considering some of the other guys we’ve played. But scored 4 tries in reserves once, has had some decent fantasy scores whenever he’s got decent minutes in NRL

He might be one of those “too good for reserves not good enough for firsts guys”, I think I’m willing to find out.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:25 pm