NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:04 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I dont mind TMM. Good player. Will  be better again this year. SJ is cooked. That doesnt mean shit but 35 ish average seems pretty doable. Leaning into 'new coach new warriors' vibes

I should probably add, again, ive not started a squad yet. Three days to go, baby

I love TMM too, top player and bloke as far as I can tell. He's a bit of a Matt Moylan fantasy wise though, but he'll make some money. JS should be decent. I expect that by the time Metcalf is fit, SJ will be injured, and Metcalf will pick up the SJ role, and TMM will slowly go about his business. Disclaimer, I don't watch as many Warriors games as I should for a serious fantasy player.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:07 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Do you want him ahead of katoa, Trindall or the many 250k or less WFBs though that could easily outscore him, many of which are also ctr dual. 

If there is any doubt over Hynes and Trindall is named at 7 he is straight in my team. The downside of missing him if he averages 50 for 4 weeks leading into the sharks bye is too great, and a reasonably likely outcome, if he is given the opportunity.

I already have 5 cheapies at 250k or less. If I go Turbo TMM will slot into my WFB’s round 2. As for the cheaper WFB options I have Warbrick 3rd WFB. If you’re talking about someone like AKP I can’t trust his base it’s too volatile and Kelly is back round 3. I have Talau but I’m not confident in him.

Hynes 1-3 weeks NRL physio is usually smack bang on which makes Trindall a no go.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:09 pm

White Lightning wrote:

imo in your wfb's you get more joy having guys like warbrick starting over tmm, cnk

I'm not sure I'd jump to a wing yet to make his NRL debut over two guys playing in positions that traditionally have more opportunities to pick up fantasy points, and positionally average higher.  At least not for a round or two...

That being said, I haven't watched a single trial game for reasons
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:10 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I dont mind TMM. Good player. Will  be better again this year. SJ is cooked. That doesnt mean shit but 35 ish average seems pretty doable. Leaning into 'new coach new warriors' vibes

I should probably add, again, ive not started a squad yet. Three days to go, baby
    Cmon mate at least make one serious squad before Tuesday playing with different combos it’s fun!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:10 pm

Honey Badger wrote:TMM is currently my 3rd half. Like the idea of his base from playing in the halves. In saying that though i'll prob alternate between TMM and Warbrick depending on match ups

Will you change if Katoa is named, or take him as a bonus at 21, or pass altogether?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:10 pm

It’s funny people saying they don’t want a cheap guy with good job security basically guaranteed to make 150k, albeit slowly.

When on TLT only about 50-70% of the other cheapies hit, you’ll all be welcoming the warm embrace of TMM
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:12 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Will you change if Katoa is named, or take him as a bonus at 21, or pass altogether?

I’ll probably get Katoa but I don’t think he necessarily makes more cash or makes cash any faster than TMM

A good comp might be Amone*

Young 5/8 just told to play eyes up and run as he finds his feet - good for his dev but not fantasy scores.

*hammer time will be backing over Tabuai-Fidow rather than chasing a tradie up a roof
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:15 pm

easytiger wrote:

I'm not sure I'd jump to a wing yet to make his NRL debut over two guys playing in positions that traditionally have more opportunities to pick up fantasy points, and positionally average higher.  At least not for a round or two...

That being said, I haven't watched a single trial game for reasons

I don't want to overhype, he's a winger afterall, and will put up a dud score at times, but do yourself a favour and watch his trial. He's massive. Will make hard yards out of the red zone, bust tackles, and you would think get tries every so often for the Storm. Like all rookies, if he duds it, JS is the concern. But his fantasy scoring ability appears solid from the little I've seen.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:16 pm

Wonder if Wade Graham will play the halves? Teig would definitely be in my team then
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:18 pm

robelgordo wrote:It’s funny people saying they don’t want a cheap guy with good job security basically guaranteed to make 150k, albeit slowly.

When on TLT only about 50-70% of the other cheapies hit, you’ll all be welcoming the warm embrace of TMM

If that happens, I'll have absolutely no problems welcoming TMM into the Cini Meaney Mahoney Mo's.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:21 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Whoops, TMM is my 3rd wfb. Just on Katoa he might find his way into my emgs
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:21 pm

Whos leaving CNK and Miller out? Im not convinced on either.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:22 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I’ll probably get Katoa but I don’t think he necessarily makes more cash or makes cash any faster than TMM

Yeah but that's my whole point though. Pick the player who you think has better JS and cash making ability. Don't get hung up on whether they cost 250k or 300k, it's fuck all difference, pick the better player*

*I'll let you know who the better player was in six weeks time.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:25 pm

I know nothing of Katoa but he strikes as another Amone. That said, SOS and JMK arent exactly creative geniuses so maybe he gets a fair share of running around in circles to score reasonably ok
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:26 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I don't want to overhype, he's a winger afterall, and will put up a dud score at times, but do yourself a favour and watch his trial. He's massive. Will make hard yards out of the red zone, bust tackles, and you would think get tries every so often for the Storm. Like all rookies, if he duds it, JS is the concern. But his fantasy scoring ability appears solid from the little I've seen.

Sounds very alluring
    I will endeavor to do that.
    I've limited data here (raro, although enough to make sure I register in the leagues), but due to get back home precisely 30 minutes before TLT drops... coincidence, I can neither confirm nor deny. But then it's team building time.

WL as you were... lol
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:26 pm

lukeayee wrote:Whos leaving CNK and Miller out? Im not convinced on either.

I'm not convinced on either (either) but currently have Miller.

Or do I? I might just be trying to throw Rabbits off the scent..
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:26 pm

MF wrote:Wonder if Wade Graham will play the halves? Teig would definitely be in my team then
    They will need Trindall for his kicking game
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:27 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I'm not convinced on either (either) but currently have Miller.

Or do I? I might just be trying to throw Rabbits off the scent..

I have both  Wink
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:29 pm

my tv broke wrote:I know nothing of Katoa but he strikes as another Amone. That said, SOS and JMK arent exactly creative geniuses so maybe he gets a fair share of running around in circles to score reasonably ok
    I am perfectly comfortable with a highly rated youngster, if he can be a luai or brown. Sounds like he has a better kicking game than either of them though.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:32 pm

lukeayee wrote:Whos leaving CNK and Miller out? Im not convinced on either.

No CNK for me but struggling to leave Miller out, looks like he has the game for fantasy

Knights far worse than Sharks 🦈 obviously and limited sample size but looks the goods

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:50 am