NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:29 pm

MF wrote:

Our prop stocks looking low

Flegler only plays half a season anyway 

Willison coming up this year. Te Kura as well. 

Carrigan and haas 80 mins each in the mean time

:pp:
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players

Post by Dttragic2016 Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:42 pm

My company Wicky has $500 in prizes for the overall comps for NRL Fantasy & Supercoach. Join the open leagues if you're keen:

https://fantasy.nrl.com/fantasy/league/join?code=R375HP53

https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/nrl/classic/?action=join-group&code=370024
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:45 pm

I can go TMM or Stone? With Katoa as my half cover surely Martin is no longer necessary. That extra money is how I fix my Ford mistake on TLT.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:45 pm

Pretty damn gud ad, albeit another gambling one

https://fb.watch/iWGO2TJyMA/

Seems Moanaman posted it earlier but that link has it removed. Anyway...

Last edited by Revraiser on Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:53 pm

Picking bench forwards thinking trial rotations are going to be the exact same as real games seems like a genius idea

For every Max King there’s a Gosiewski
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:03 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

Everyone is built differently, and therefore so are their teams, for the most part.

Some look up every player's stats and use spreadsheets, bye planners etc etc, and some just go with their gut, and everyone fits along that line somewhere.

The most important thing for me is enjoying yourself, loving the footy, and bantering with your mates, whether that be at work, at home, or on this forum.

Good luck to everyone this season, bring on TLT!

You are on ur way Padawan.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players - Page 14 Giphy
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:05 pm

Camo123 wrote:Picking bench forwards thinking trial rotations are going to be the exact same as real games seems like a genius idea

For every Max King there’s a Gosiewski
    I’m happy to sit him at 20 for his price. I need a spare mid too. Not much risk really.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:07 pm

Does anyone need any leagues to be filled?
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:20 pm

MF wrote:

Our prop stocks looking low

He’s on too much money for the amount of games he actually plays. Famous last words but I’m sure we have a back up plan lol!

Edit: what the bloke with the busted tv said.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:22 pm

my tv broke wrote:There wont be 7+ guys under 250k worth having. There never is. Half of them will be flops. Good luck picking the right ones!

Some great prices on top notch Tv's these days.... just saying.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:24 pm

Aardvark wrote:Could someone please tell me the magic formula which will make me good at fantasy 😉

Remove the large, crispy chip from Ur shoulder and set yourself free.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:33 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Remove the large, crispy chip from Ur shoulder and set yourself free.

I ate that eons ago……chips mmmmmmm
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:37 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Let's start with saying eight by 250s. That allows you seven guns and 6 midrangers of some description.

At least four of the eight will fail completely and by that logic the other four should be playable.

Seven guns will keep you in touch with the pack as far as points scoring goes. But at least two of the mid ranges are likely to underperform as well.

And then of course we have injuries.

This gives us four base price and two mid-range that need to be upgraded and that is of course, assuming all guns file should they not then at least two of those as well.

So the question then becomes how much cash is required to upgrade four base price, two mid-range and two guns into something worth having.

Well, the competition does tend to throw up fairly low price players that are valuable somewhere in rounds 3 to 10. Maybe two or three. If three another five swaps or upgrades need to be funded and square dollars. That doesn't sound too bad but you'll also have base price or cash cars that need converting and cashing out around that sort of round 10 to 12 point.

A gut feel would be that 300k is enough for those upgrades given their price and that seems manageable. But then the real question is how far does that put you behind someone who's gone three guns and heavy mid-range and can face down the bye schedule. Because that's where a lot of movement is likely to be made within the pack. When you have to play with 14.

As far as flexibility versus risk versus owning goes, we seem to have ourselves a very interesting season indeed. I'm going to try and lean into the risk because I don't normally do that. And worst case scenario that just means I'll end up starting in league 10 with Camo123 and Revraiser. Which will be social!.

What an absolute cunt, I love this post !

Rant

Last edited by Revraiser on Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:39 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Panic!!!

80 minute finucane.

80 minute wade graham

!!!

Teig will he throwing these guys to the sideline every time he crosses the tryline. Like bowling pins.

Sorry, gone on a bit of a 'post safari' this avo. 👌
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:11 pm

Revraiser wrote:
    Teig will he throwing these guys to the sideline every time he crosses the tryline. Like bowling pins.

I have always enjoyed posts from you and the guys right back to the sportal days!
    Good to see you posting more.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:18 pm

Revraiser wrote:

So... What you're saying is... I should not only pick Teig in my team, I should also captain him?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:25 pm

B/L wrote:

I duno about you but players making 4 tackles a set gets me hot under the collar.
    Absolutely!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:28 pm

here's some MIDs I currently am looking at

Cameron Murray $904k
    One of the viable non Cleary/Hynes captaincy options. Advantage of Murray is that his first by round 13.
    Better than Cleary (R3) or Hynes (R6) so you can stick him as captain until origin 1.
    Probably trade him out after 12 (plays max 4 of next 8/) or at least after R15 (plays 2 of next 5)
    Barring 1st minute HIA his lowest score last year was 45, which is the sort of floor you want. Only went under 57 three times
    You have to fork out the money, but he's a solid, bye friendly captaincy option

Payne Haas $809k
    $100k cheaper than Murray. Not bad when 2022 was the only year Murray has outscored Haas.
    Haas normally gives solid 60+ scores, but last year he dropped to 56. He was injury affected though
    Maybe if he can play a game without clutching hi shoulder every 2 minuets he'll get back to mega-Haas
    Maybe he'll be overtaken by the next guy on the list

Patrick Carrigan $716k
    Everyone expects big things from Carrigan this year. His stats were good last year, but at 60 minutes and a 50 average, how much room is there to improve?
    Carrigan and Haas can both play big minutes, obviously you want that to fall in favour of whichever one you own.
    If Carrigan can consistently play over 60 minutes, then the value is there. But there are other slightly discounted MIDs also offering the same thing.
    Which one do you trust?
    Broncos are bye friendly, so either Haas and/or Carrigan are good to hold up until origin, and should provide a decent VC option

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui $771k
    Tino averaged 47 at lock last year, then moved to prop for the last 5 games and that jumped to 65.
    Is that enough to accept as the new normal? If he starts 2023 how he finished 2022, then he's close to a must have.
    If you don't start with him, he'll be someone to keep an eye on closely, because you may need to move quickly on him if he starts on fire.

Reuben Cotter $744k
    Had a breakout season last year, where he arguably overtook Taumalolo as the premier forward at the Cowboys (certainly in Fantasy if not real life)
    He averaged 56 pre-origin and 46 post origin, as he played 10 minutes less per week.
    Which Cotter will we get to start the year? Bye friendly playing every week until origin 1.
    Personally I think there is less risk if you spring for one of the other premium mids

Joe Tapine $790k
    He's always promised a lot in fantasy but not always consistently delivered. until 2022 when he lifted his average to 55.
    Can he lift it again? Or take it up yet another level? He's promised not to let last year be a one-off, which in my mind sets off "training the house down" alarm bells
    Its a lot of money to spend if he doesn't improve on last year

Christian Welch $638k
    He hasn't really played in Fantasy under the new offload-friendly scoring after being injured early last year
    Has an offload friendly game, and as sole captain of the Storm he'll surely play 80* minutes (well he won't be playing small minutes in any case)
    I think there's a good case to be made that he can go close to or above 50 average. Priced at 45 is that enough to justify a spot in your team?

Adam Elliot $606k
    He's under an injury clud at the moment, which is a concern.
    If fit he is likely the Knight's starting lock, and with Klemmer and Barnett gone there is a role there up for grabs.
    Priced at 42, he averages 49 at lock, and 53 if he plays at least 50 minutes. I think he warrants serious consideration if he's fit to start the year

Stefano Utoikamanu $396k
    Had a disappointing 2022 after a big 2021, driopping from a 43 average to 27. Partly due to injur and the Tgers sucking.
    Tigers have recruited big in the off-season, so its hard to see what his role/minutes will be.
    If he starts then there is surely value there, but with Klemmer/Ofahengaue/Twal around plus Bateman/Papali'i its not guaranteed how he'll be used
    Certainly one to look out for on TLT. Not sure there is much else in that price range if he isn't an option (other than Leniu of course)

Emre Guler $367k
    Perhaps the other option is Stefano isn't a goer. Player departures mean he may get a starting spot at the Raiders.
    40 minutes at prop could push his proced 25 average close to 40. Not the most exciting thing in the world, but could certainly plug a hole in your team if you need it

Ray Stone $257k
    Patented 60 minute bench forward role. Maybe not, but if you want a cheap bench middle and you don't want Stone options are Davvy Moale, or hope Murdoch-Masila keeps his starting edge from the Charity Shield
    With Dragons on the round 1 bye, BMM would be a risk to take.
    Or maybe grab Franklin Pele, who the fuck cares. There will probably be several cheap bench props named in round 1. They'll probably mostly be shit.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:41 pm

Milchcow wrote:here's some MIDs I currently am looking at

Cameron Murray $904k
    One of the viable non Cleary/Hynes captaincy options. Advantage of Murray is that his first by round 13.
    Better than Cleary (R3) or Hynes (R6) so you can stick him as captain until origin 1.
    Probably trade him out after 12 (plays max 4 of next 8/) or at least after R15 (plays 2 of next 5)
    Barring 1st minute HIA his lowest score last year was 45, which is the sort of floor you want. Only went under 57 three times
    You have to fork out the money, but he's a solid, bye friendly captaincy option

Payne Haas $809k
    $100k cheaper than Murray. Not bad when 2022 was the only year Murray has outscored Haas.
    Haas normally gives solid 60+ scores, but last year he dropped to 56. He was injury affected though
    Maybe if he can play a game without clutching hi shoulder every 2 minuets he'll get back to mega-Haas
    Maybe he'll be overtaken by the next guy on the list

Patrick Carrigan $716k
    Everyone expects big things from Carrigan this year. His stats were good last year, but at 60 minutes and a 50 average, how much room is there to improve?
    Carrigan and Haas can both play big minutes, obviously you want that to fall in favour of whichever one you own.
    If Carrigan can consistently play over 60 minutes, then the value is there. But there are other slightly discounted MIDs also offering the same thing.
    Which one do you trust?
    Broncos are bye friendly, so either Haas and/or Carrigan are good to hold up until origin, and should provide a decent VC option

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui $771k
    Tino averaged 47 at lock last year, then moved to prop for the last 5 games and that jumped to 65.
    Is that enough to accept as the new normal? If he starts 2023 how he finished 2022, then he's close to a must have.
    If you don't start with him, he'll be someone to keep an eye on closely, because you may need to move quickly on him if he starts on fire.

Reuben Cotter $744k
    Had a breakout season last year, where he arguably overtook Taumalolo as the premier forward at the Cowboys (certainly in Fantasy if not real life)
    He averaged 56 pre-origin and 46 post origin, as he played 10 minutes less per week.
    Which Cotter will we get to start the year? Bye friendly playing every week until origin 1.
    Personally I think there is less risk if you spring for one of the other premium mids

Joe Tapine $790k
    He's always promised a lot in fantasy but not always consistently delivered. until 2022 when he lifted his average to 55.
    Can he lift it again? Or take it up yet another level? He's promised not to let last year be a one-off, which in my mind sets off "training the house down" alarm bells
    Its a lot of money to spend if he doesn't improve on last year

Christian Welch $638k
    He hasn't really played in Fantasy under the new offload-friendly scoring after being injured early last year
    Has an offload friendly game, and as sole captain of the Storm he'll surely play 80* minutes (well he won't be playing small minutes in any case)
    I think there's a good case to be made that he can go close to or above 50 average. Priced at 45 is that enough to justify a spot in your team?

Adam Elliot $606k
    He's under an injury clud at the moment, which is a concern.
    If fit he is likely the Knight's starting lock, and with Klemmer and Barnett gone there is a role there up for grabs.
    Priced at 42, he averages 49 at lock, and 53 if he plays at least 50 minutes. I think he warrants serious consideration if he's fit to start the year

Stefano Utoikamanu $396k
    Had a disappointing 2022 after a big 2021, driopping from a 43 average to 27. Partly due to injur and the Tgers sucking.
    Tigers have recruited big in the off-season, so its hard to see what his role/minutes will be.
    If he starts then there is surely value there, but with Klemmer/Ofahengaue/Twal around plus Bateman/Papali'i its not guaranteed how he'll be used
    Certainly one to look out for on TLT. Not sure there is much else in that price range if he isn't an option (other than Leniu of course)

Emre Guler $367k
    Perhaps the other option is Stefano isn't a goer. Player departures mean he may get a starting spot at the Raiders.
    40 minutes at prop could push his proced 25 average close to 40. Not the most exciting thing in the world, but could certainly plug a hole in your team if you need it

Ray Stone $257k
    Patented 60 minute bench forward role. Maybe not, but if you want a cheap bench middle and you don't want Stone options are Davvy Moale, or hope Murdoch-Masila keeps his starting edge from the Charity Shield
    With Dragons on the round 1 bye, BMM would be a risk to take.
    Or maybe grab Franklin Pele, who the fuck cares. There will probably be several cheap bench props named in round 1. They'll probably mostly be shit.
    Ford?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:46 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Ford?

Warriors swapped BMM for Ford, effectively.
    Dragons swapped Ford for BMM.

Somehow, both teams became worse off.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:34 am