NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 36 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by Revraiser Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:13 pm

rectangle wrote:

Are you also Revivous on NRL Reddit? Similar good witted person on there too.

I can't take the credit for Reddit.

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 36 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by Revraiser Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:14 pm

my tv broke wrote:I like Friday afternoon Rev

It has often been referred to as a prerequisite to an enjoyable weekend for all hasn't it

Last edited by Revraiser on Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:18 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Me too, but i'll be giving that chastity belt the side eye

Double meaning here you vagabond
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:18 pm

filthridden wrote:Metcalf still looks pretty raw to me but I wouldn't be surprised if he does a Johnson on Johnson and takes over from him mid-season.

At the very least, his style of play will put a bit more pressure on Johnson to get it right week to week.

I reckon he will be putting more pressure on CNK tbh reckon he might get his first taste this year of NRL at FB
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:10 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

I reckon he will be putting more pressure on CNK tbh reckon he might get his first taste this year of NRL at FB

The other player out of the Warriors trial who could be a dead set fantasy weapon if he has a break out year is Edward Kosi... he ran like a prop at speed and looked very hard to tackle. If he is getting better service from the HLFs could be the next Talakai (albiet on the WNG)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:12 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

The other player out of the Warriors trial who could be a dead set fantasy weapon if he has a break out year is Edward Kosi... he ran like a prop at speed and looked very hard to tackle
    If the coach takes on the panthers style of huge running meters for the outside backs that's a good call
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:15 pm

rectangle wrote:

Are you also Revivous on NRL Reddit? Similar good witted person on there too.

I've seen that handle on the Cowboys forum.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:28 pm

The other player out of the Warriors trial who could be a dead set fantasy weapon if he has a break out year is Edward Kosi... he ran like a prop at speed and looked very hard to tackle. If he is getting better service from the HLFs could be the next Talakai (albiet on the WNG)

So he is basically the next Meninga yeah? Lock him in please Eddie.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:55 pm

AL wrote:

So he is basically the next Meninga yeah? Lock him in please Eddie.

This is what an AI image generator says

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 36 Output

I much rather the next Mal Meninga than Hamiso-Tabuai-Fidow - they are priced about the same

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
    zim
    zim

Post by zim Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:59 pm

My last draft before TLT see's Cheese at hooker which I didn't want to do, and leaves me with only 2 hookers. I'll live with that at this stage cos I like the team balance aside from that position. I always look for 200 points from 14-17, these should be good for 150+ to start so that's ok.

Cheese
    Tapine Haas Elliot
    Garner Katoa
    Hastings Burton
    Thompson Almoti
    Perham Meaney Walsh

Doorey Pangai Hopgood Boyd
    Martin Jennings Talau Hammer

9k bank

Will be C Haas and hope his heads right. Seen some dissing Garner but he can run a line in try scoring positions (Wests fan) and will be running off slightly better playmakers. I know I'll be throwing a can at the tv at some point in the first month cos of Pangai, he was second last picked to leave 250k+. Best upside and positional coverage. Talau and Hammer only in for ctr coverage, not happy with either. Walsh is in instead of Savage cos sportsbet tips broncs for 8th raiders 10th, some help here pls?

Thumbs up Walsh
    Thumbs down Savage
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:12 pm

This is what an AI image generator says

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 36 Output

Too much Betel Nut
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:16 pm

A quick Friday Night Thumbs Up/Down for you. I'm off the the pub, look forward to seeing the results in the morning

TU Murray Elliot Cheese
    TD Tapine Cotter Cheese

Cheese is backup hooker with good Mid cover on bench
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:25 pm

I've redone my side a bit, put Uto in since based on the trial it seems like Matamua won't start and he will (and if he doesn't then it's an easy swap) and got rid of AKP who seems like the kind of guy who'll get dropped in round 4. I've gone back to CNK as my 3rd WFB, since he's got that FB spot locked down and if nothing else has always had good base stats unlike all the other guys at his price.

$42k bank

Clark
    Murray, Haas, Cheese
    Garner, Loiero
    Cleary, Burton
    Holmes, Alamoti
    Miller, Perham, CNK

Boyd, Hopgood, Uto, Doorey

Luke, Gennings, Talau, Sloan

mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:28 pm

Bethany_B wrote:I've redone my side a bit, put Uto in since based on the trial it seems like Matamua won't start and he will (and if he doesn't then it's an easy swap) and got rid of AKP who seems like the kind of guy who'll get dropped in round 4. I've gone back to CNK as my 3rd WFB, since he's got that FB spot locked down and if nothing else has always had good base stats unlike all the other guys at his price.

$42k bank

Clark
    Murray, Haas, Cheese
    Garner, Loiero
    Cleary, Burton
    Holmes, Alamoti
    Miller, Perham, CNK

As good as Uto played, how many minutes is he realistically going to get with Klem, Ofa and Twal in the middle?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:30 pm

filthridden wrote:Metcalf still looks pretty raw to me but I wouldn't be surprised if he does a Johnson on Johnson and takes over from him mid-season.

At the very least, his style of play will put a bit more pressure on Johnson to get it right week to week.

More realistically, slot him at FB and CNK moves to the centres. Can't see them dropping SJ this season.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:49 pm

mickspicks wrote:

As good as Uto played, how many minutes is he realistically going to get with Klem, Ofa and Twal in the middle?

Twal is a slug and given how Sheens wants to play more attacking footy, I can see Twal being on the outer. Uto looked hungry in that trial and as long as he starts, I think he's an easy pick.

Worst case none of the Tigers cheapie forwards are relevant and I just bring AKP back and hope he doesn't get dropped (and move Luke or Gennings up into my 17).

There's also Siua Wong who (as long as Crichton is out if that mail is legit) is almost guaranteed a start on the edge given that Egan Butcher would get the other edge and Nat has been training middle.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:57 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Twal is a slug and given how Sheens wants to play more attacking footy, I can see Twal being on the outer. Uto looked hungry in that trial and as long as he starts, I think he's an easy pick.

Worst case none of the Tigers cheapie forwards are relevant and I just bring AKP back and hope he doesn't get dropped (and move Luke or Gennings up into my 17).

There's also Siua Wong who (as long as Crichton is out if that mail is legit) is almost guaranteed a start on the edge given that Egan Butcher would get the other edge and Nat has been training middle.

Would love that setup at the Roosters.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:10 pm

Bethany_B wrote:I've redone my side a bit, put Uto in since based on the trial it seems like Matamua won't start and he will (and if he doesn't then it's an easy swap) and got rid of AKP who seems like the kind of guy who'll get dropped in round 4. I've gone back to CNK as my 3rd WFB, since he's got that FB spot locked down and if nothing else has always had good base stats unlike all the other guys at his price.

$42k bank

Clark
    Murray, Haas, Cheese
    Garner, Loiero
    Cleary, Burton
    Holmes, Alamoti
    Miller, Perham, CNK

Not a bad set-up Bethany.
    Would you rate Uto higher than Wallace for bench middle?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:23 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Not a bad set-up Bethany.
    Would you rate Uto higher than Wallace for bench middle?

Given that Wayne has said JBrom and Nicholls will start, then Wallace is a no-go. Uto is only worth it if he starts, so there's a decent chance neither of them are good.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:26 pm

Afternoon folks,

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm back for another year! Looking forward to it

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:49 pm