NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 73 - Let's go Dark Knight!

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 73 - Let's go Dark Knight! - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 73 - Let's go Dark Knight!

Post by robelgordo Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:09 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote: Eels in both GFs ... Awesome

Just saw the NRLW result and first thought was literally “Eels going to lose 2 grand finals”
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 73 - Let's go Dark Knight! - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 73 - Let's go Dark Knight!

Post by robelgordo Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:11 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Spent the last week in Hawaii, got engaged and got home just in time to see Souths knocked out of the finals

Few cold ones in order to celebrate

Congratulations on Souths losing. And also on the engagement
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:34 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Spent the last week in Hawaii, got engaged and got home just in time to see Souths knocked out of the finals

Cheers
    Nice! Congrats on the engagement!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:37 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Just saw the NRLW result and first thought was literally “Eels going to lose 2 grand finals”

So optimistic, the Eels may want it more...and that may be the difference.

Although with Waqa Blake playing the chances of the Eels winning are slim Rolling Eyes
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:39 am

I found Eel 21... I hope he uploads a game day review

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-teary-eels-tragic-who-stole-the-show-after-parramatta-s-grand-final-berth-20220925-p5bkwi.html
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:49 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:I know I am in the minority here but I think Moses to Papalii was line ball rather than forward
    As long as that line is diagonal from Moses to Papalii in a forward trajectory
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:53 am

The NRL did it 2014 and they'll do it again this year. They love a good fairytale to shore up the supporter base and get headlines.

Battle of the West
    First premiership since the internet
    Longest drought in NRL history broken
    Load up on Parramatta the officiating over both games this weekend points to an Eels victory
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:I know I am in the minority here but I think Moses to Papalii was line ball rather than forward
    No Worries wrote:
    As long as that line is diagonal from Moses to Papalii in a forward trajectory

Line ball is what someone says when they know absolutely that it wasn't backwards
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:41 am

Huge congrats, bud!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:01 am

wolfking wrote:Fuck we choke, every fucking year.
    I wouldn’t say it was a choke we were not the favourite in 4 of the last 5 prelims we have not been favourite. It was team 1 v 7 the other night.

If you want a choke look at the Roosters women’s team that was a choke yesterday and I won’t lie it brought a massive smile to my face.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:09 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I wouldn’t say it was a choke we were not the favourite in 4 of the last 5 prelims we have not been favourite. It was team 1 v 7 the other night.

If you want a choke look at the Roosters women’s team that was a choke yesterday and I won’t lie it brought a massive smile to my face.

I gather you're not a fan of the Roosters!?
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:37 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

I realise that this is mostly a wind up.
    But I think the NRLW Eels team deserve a bit more credit than that. Aside from their first game, they've been in or won every other game they've played this year.

If you're up 12-0 after 35 minutes, then you've shown you can compete. If you then lose the following 45 minutes 0-32 then that's a bit of a choke TBH - they couldn't arrest momentum.

Still, the Bunnies did very well to make it to the prelim
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:10 pm

easytiger wrote:

Line ball is what someone says when they know absolutely that it wasn't backwards

It was very deceptive - Moses was moving forwards towards the Parramatta end passing forwards (which by definition is backwards) and Papalii was moving forwards towards the Cowboy's end and catching forwards, while running forwards, which to my way of thinking represents a bias towards forwards when really it was backwards. Moses is a back and Papalii is a forward. See what I mean
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:56 pm

Public holiday her in NZ (Thanks Lizzie!) Perfect day to sort my Quince Gin out for the year.

Bang on 20 liters!

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 73 - Let's go Dark Knight! - Page 46 30875711

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 73 - Let's go Dark Knight! - Page 46 30858911

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 73 - Let's go Dark Knight! - Page 46 30791311
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:27 pm

easytiger wrote:

I realise that this is mostly a wind up.
    But I think the NRLW Eels team deserve a bit more credit than that. Aside from their first game, they've been in or won every other game they've played this year.

If you're up 12-0 after 35 minutes, then you've shown you can compete. If you then lose the following 45 minutes 0-32 then that's a bit of a choke TBH - they couldn't arrest momentum.

Still, the Bunnies did very well to make it to the prelim

Yep, definite choke.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:49 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I guess if you draw the line on the angle to begin with…

Having said that, I don’t think it was that bad a miss as the media made out. The ball was thrown from a very unusual position and the touchie had the view from the opposite of the camera. Could’ve been obstructed. There are passes that forward let go every week.

It does show the nonsense of not being allowed to adjudicate by video on forward passes.

Meanwhile let’s look at the 1000th replay to see whether the pinkie finger touched the ball in the contest for a bomb before the bat back into the chest back into the arm. Then let’s move forward to whether the ball touched a blade of grass painted white before 7 arms and 3 legs dived into the pile to hold it up and his boot stud hit the sideline

I get what you are saying in terms of the inconsistent analysis (which I agree with); but for me, the camera angle, the irregular pass and then the huge uproar.....over a pass that I think was either backwards or at worse flat, is exactly why we shouldn't be making forward pass calls based on video.

Anyway, do agree it is frustrating to be accurate to 10 decimal places in one aspect and then round it to the nearest hundred at the next - my preference is to let the blokes that are paid to make subjective calls, make those subjective calls.....and just expect the inevitable bagging, which they cop regardless.

Also find it pretty strange Annersley has come out and thrown one of his own under the bus and can't help but think it is purely so he can appoint Klein with slightly less controversy, after Klein himself has had so many (probably worse) clangers this season.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:47 pm

^^would definitely prefer nothing. Or maybe just in goal (so, was he held up? was he in the field of play?). Then everything. Last choice is what we have now

Anyone still doing mixer? A bit trickier on the NRLW side without the Roosters
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:19 pm

They won't use video ref for forward passes, because if the passer has any decent forward momentum the pass will always travel forward relative to the ground, so you can't use line markings to help with the decision. And although some passes are obviously forward, there are too many where its inconclusive.

Because Moses was traveling towards his own ingoal when he threw his pass its easier to work out (it also looks more forward than it was because Moses' momentum made the ball end up well in front of him), but that is generally not going to be the case
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:53 pm

robelgordo wrote:^^would definitely prefer nothing. Or maybe just in goal (so, was he held up? was he in the field of play?). Then everything. Last choice is what we have now

Anyone still doing mixer? A bit trickier on the NRLW side without the Roosters

That's what I thought at first, but in a funny way it's actually ended up shaping how I select the mens side of the mixer

WFB: Upton - just seems streets ahead of any other candidate

MID: Two quality candidates in Taufa (PAR) and Boyle (NEW)
    Boyle has the best floor (46) and last week showed a great ceiling score of 87. Normally expect about a 50 though (5/6 scores between 46-53) - which is obviously fine.
    Taufa by comparison has had 3 big scores: 94, 79, 62 so a nice alternative if you're looking to make something happen. Two scores in the 40's and a MT ridden score of 16 against the Knights (which is a little concerning)

EDG: Two fair options in Clydsdale (NEW) and Kennedy Cherrington (PAR)
    Clydsdale has two 29's, three scores 38-42 and an outlier 57 - not exciting but a hell of a lot better than going with one of the terrible CTR options (or the HOK gamble).
    K Cherrington has steadily increased minutes since becoming a starting prop in R3 - for scores of 41, 43, 74 (inc Try) and 49 - a pretty solid option under the circumstances.

Of course, the downside is that you get stuck choosing from some fairly average options at Hooker & Centre from the Men's GF - but the women's alternatives just don't look viable.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:56 pm

easytiger wrote:

That's what I thought at first, but in a funny way it's actually ended up shaping how I select the mens side of the mixer

WFB: Upton - just seems streets ahead of any other candidate

MID: Two quality candidates in Taufa (PAR) and Boyle (NEW)
    Boyle has the best floor (46) and last week showed a great ceiling score of 87. Normally expect about a 50 though (5/6 scores between 46-53) - which is obviously fine.
    Taufa by comparison has had 3 big scores: 94, 79, 62 so a nice alternative if you're looking to make something happen. Two scores in the 40's and a MT ridden score of 16 against the Knights (which is a little concerning)

EDG: Two fair options in Clydsdale (NEW) and Kennedy Cherrington (PAR)
    Clydsdale has two 29's, three scores 38-42 and an outlier 57 - not exciting but a hell of a lot better than going with one of the terrible CTR options (or the HOK gamble).
    K Cherrington has steadily increased minutes since becoming a starting prop in R3 - for scores of 41, 43, 74 (inc Try) and 49 - a pretty solid option under the circumstances.

Of course, the downside is that you get stuck choosing from some fairly average options at Hooker & Centre from the Men's GF - but the women's alternatives just don't look viable.

Yeah that exactly where I ended up. Upton, and went Taufa over Boyle and Clydesdale over Cherrington. Mainly cos I think they’ll be less selected. I had Taufa for the 16 and none of the good scores since, funnily enough.

First week picking a centre from NRLM side. Or anyone that isn’t Kelly.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:52 pm