NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Moanaman
    Moanaman

    Posts : 2250
    Reputation : 1652
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Shaky Town

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Moanaman Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:00 pm

    Snatchpato wrote:More talk about chess and maths if you ask me

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Giphy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 21842
    Reputation : 12593
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:22 pm

    Have at it:

    USE CODE DASH4J9FSP FOR $10 OFF
    Holzman
    Holzman

    Posts : 246
    Reputation : 116
    Join date : 2021-04-19

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Holzman Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:45 pm

    my tv broke wrote:Have at it:

    USE CODE DASH4J9FSP FOR $10 OFF
    was wondering to see where it tells you, you have won. Looks like they were going into my spam. Thanks for the reminder have won a few of them this year.

    Thanks to everyone on the forum
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13614
    Reputation : 8286
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Chewie Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:07 pm

    Holzman wrote:
    was wondering to see where it tells you, you have won. Looks like they were going into my spam. Thanks for the reminder have won a few of them this year.

    Thanks to everyone on the forum

    humble brag much
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13614
    Reputation : 8286
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Chewie Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:17 pm

    My highest round rank this season was 1115 in round 14 just outside the Doordash voucher prize

    My highets round score ever was 5th in round 13 of the 2020 season, Dylan Brown scored 87 against the Sharks in the last game of the round which cost me a top 3 finish.


    Last edited by Chewie on Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Holzman
    Holzman

    Posts : 246
    Reputation : 116
    Join date : 2021-04-19

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Holzman Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:26 pm

    Chewie wrote:

    humble brag much
    my success is 99% down to the forum, without everyone here id be nothing. Also feel like I have got incredibly luckily this year in 50/50 picks. 

    I wanted to order take out last night and was thinking I wish I actually won one of these vouchers.

    So since my success is due to you guys here

    DASHJ9SSAW
    DASHC6JN76

    I was thinking of actually going Kolo this week but the votes are in for Cotter. On the surface I see Kolo as basically playing 80 minutes a week and has gone 52 61 41 70 and is playing Rabitohs this week so plenty of tackles (although Warriors next week maybe iffy)

    Cotter probably only plays about 50 minutes so to me that seems like he is abit more risky, i know he is coming back from injury and put up 48 64 in his last 2 50s.

    Am i missing anything here to me Kolo seems the higher floor with as good if not better ceiling.

    I also orginally thought it was worth using 2 trades to go Robson or Grant who seem to me to be a  tier above Kolo/Cotter. 

    I only have 4 unique guys against the top team who ill hopefully play next week. That teams has both Grant and Yeo so was thinking of matching them or going for Robson who could go huge.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13614
    Reputation : 8286
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Chewie Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:29 pm

    Holzman wrote:
    my success is 99% down to the forum, without everyone here id be nothing. Also feel like I have got incredibly luckily this year in 50/50 picks. 

    I wanted to order take out last night and was thinking I wish I actually won one of these vouchers.

    So since my success is due to you guys here

    DASHJ9SSAW
    DASHC6JN76

    I was thinking of actually going Kolo this week but the votes are in for Cotter. On the surface I see Kolo as basically playing 80 minutes a week and has gone 52 61 41 70 and is playing Rabitohs this week so plenty of tackles (although Warriors next week maybe iffy)

    Cotter probably only plays about 50 minutes so to me that seems like he is abit more risky, i know he is coming back from injury and put up 48 64 in his last 2 50s.

    Am i missing anything here to me Kolo seems the higher floor with as good if not better ceiling.

    Great effort! In which rounds did you get a top 1000 finish?
    Holzman
    Holzman

    Posts : 246
    Reputation : 116
    Join date : 2021-04-19

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Holzman Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:32 pm

    Chewie wrote:

    Great effort! In which rounds did you get a top 1000 finish?
    just worked out you can go back and see where you ranked

    Round 14 629
    Round 15 84 
    Round 22 696
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

    Posts : 768
    Reputation : 1465
    Join date : 2018-02-11

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Cookie Monster Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:01 pm

    This weeks results for Fantasy Fantasy are finally posted and can be found over here
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 30377
    Reputation : 10987
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by wolfking Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:03 pm

    Was thinking about something yesterday before team lists after the Latrell news and thought I'd post it and maybe try and keep some conversation going. What's peoples views on this situation that I thought I may and still may be facing. I have 18 green dots at the moment and 1 trade. If Latrell doesn't play, I'm down to 17, after that I'm playing short (Elliot is/was a fear after copping a bit of a knock last week.)

    if for some reason, 3 weeks left, 1 trade, this situation arises, what do you do? Play with 16 and hold the trade for a gun resting/injury/suspension, or update a red dot to another shitto for cover and play with 17? For instance, I'd only be able to get someone 366K or lower.

    Anyone faced a similar situation in previous years?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 30377
    Reputation : 10987
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by wolfking Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:07 pm

    Didn't realise I was in the top 1000 also. Have at it you vultures! cheer

    USE CODE DASHNE548Z FOR $10 OFF
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 21842
    Reputation : 12593
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:08 pm

    wolfking wrote:Was thinking about something yesterday before team lists after the Latrell news and thought I'd post it and maybe try and keep some conversation going.  What's peoples views on this situation that I thought I may and still may be facing.  I have 18 green dots at the moment and 1 trade.  If Latrell doesn't play, I'm down to 17, after that I'm playing short (Elliot is/was a fear after copping a bit of a knock last week.)  

    if for some reason, 3 weeks left, 1 trade, this situation arises, what do you do?  Play with 16 and hold the trade for a gun resting/injury/suspension, or update a red dot to another shitto for cover and play with 17?  For instance, I'd only be able to get someone 366K or lower.

    Anyone faced a similar situation in previous years?

    You're asking a bunch of people who already used all their trades lol

    I'd definitely use my last trade over playing with 16.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20617
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:13 pm

    If I only had 16 decent players, I'd use my last trade this week.

    If I had 17 (or more) decent players, I would hold off on my last trade as insurance against players get rested in the last round.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20617
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:17 pm

    If I wanted to trade someone in at $366k or less, I'd grab Jaeman Salmon

    (Maybe go for Harrison Edwards, although not sure what job security is like there)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 30377
    Reputation : 10987
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by wolfking Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:18 pm

    17 players no question, you'd hold, it just feels dirty using the last trade on a shitto that can get 10 points, but again, it feels dirty playing with less than 17.

    And, I'm sure there's still a couple around with a trade up their sleeve haha.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 30377
    Reputation : 10987
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by wolfking Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:19 pm

    Milchcow wrote:If I wanted to trade someone in at $366k or less, I'd grab Jaeman Salmon

    (Maybe go for Harrison Edwards, although not sure what job security is like there)

    Salmon was the pick of the bunch, and would be an easy trade in if you had less than 17 going into Thursday night.

    Then comes the other issues of late outs later in the weekend, choices become limited and makes the value of the trade less each game that goes by.

    I'm kinda talking a bit hypothetically here too.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13614
    Reputation : 8286
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Chewie Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:51 pm

    Holzman wrote:
    just worked out you can go back and see where you ranked

    Round 14 629
    Round 15 84 
    Round 22 696

    Nice! Top 100 in round 15 cheer
    ynot
    ynot

    Posts : 268
    Reputation : 886
    Join date : 2021-03-23

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by ynot Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:02 pm

    I've made a really basic stats site here for the WNRL:

    https://wnrl.yafss.com/

    only tracks WNRL games, might look to add a couple things over the next few days.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 30377
    Reputation : 10987
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by wolfking Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:38 pm

    Latrell cleared to play according to the Daily Telegraph, apparently.
    Holzman
    Holzman

    Posts : 246
    Reputation : 116
    Join date : 2021-04-19

    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 71 - Looking for signs of life

    Post by Holzman Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:44 pm

    wolfking wrote:Was thinking about something yesterday before team lists after the Latrell news and thought I'd post it and maybe try and keep some conversation going.  What's peoples views on this situation that I thought I may and still may be facing.  I have 18 green dots at the moment and 1 trade.  If Latrell doesn't play, I'm down to 17, after that I'm playing short (Elliot is/was a fear after copping a bit of a knock last week.)  

    if for some reason, 3 weeks left, 1 trade, this situation arises, what do you do?  Play with 16 and hold the trade for a gun resting/injury/suspension, or update a red dot to another shitto for cover and play with 17?  For instance, I'd only be able to get someone 366K or lower.

    Anyone faced a similar situation in previous years?
    What I will do is if Latrell is out, Is just trade him to Grant or Robson. 

    No point bringing in a bad bench player to come in for 20-30 points when you could bring in a gun who could go 50+

    Obviously depends if you have the WFB to cover for him, even then id probably go Gun for Gun.

      Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:44 pm