NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 3

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 3

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:06 pm

Papadontbleach wrote:Stu’s team is actually ineligible as Olakau’atu does not play mid.

Yeah I did notice this but too late to do anything. Figured that's not what reserves were for but yeah shit happens
    Cunbert
    Cunbert

NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 3

Post by Cunbert Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:18 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

Yeah I did notice this but too late to do anything. Figured that's not what reserves were for but yeah shit happens

There is matterson as dual in edge and you just mixed them up yeah? But will see how it gets ruled

Edit: but then it ruins your emergencies
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:06 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

Actually, maybe sloth will let you use reserve? Sorry if I spoke too soon.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:06 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

Even if you could swap them around, JM has got you beaten by about 70 points.
    Your CTR/WFB letting you down
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:27 pm

Moanaman wrote:Rabbit's pass me a beer please m8. Want some popcorn?
    No worries mate pass me a beer too and some fried chicken and hot chips what a shit show!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:58 pm

No problemo
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:28 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    No worries mate pass me a beer too and some fried chicken and hot chips what a shit show!
    Rabbits having a beer?
    This I have to see.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:32 pm

Congratulations Jumping Marlin. You have won individual immunity.
    NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 3 - Page 6 Giphy

Tribal council will be tomorrow at 8:00pm AEST with votes due by 7:30 AEST.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:09 am

FalconSloth wrote:Congratulations Jumping Marlin. You have won individual immunity.

Hey FS, would you please post the scores.

I'm curious as to what everyone scored in the end?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:00 pm

FalconSloth wrote:Congratulations Jumping Marlin. You have won individual immunity.
    NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 3 - Page 6 Giphy

Tribal council will be tomorrow at 8:00pm AEST with votes due by 7:30 AEST.

We have come to a make or break point in this season, we can't just happily go to tribal tonight and brush past the unresolved issues. And I don't want to see this Survivor season end on a sour note.
    I really appreciate the effort and time @FalconSloth has put into making this season happen, but we've had too many instances recently where rules were unclear causing discontent among players.
    I don't feel like putting a vote in tonight as I believe this week's challenge put players at a disadvantage due to a lack of clarity. I also feel that FS owes us an apology for his absence on the forum midweek to resolve questions about the challenge.

I suggest that we don't have an elimination tonight, but give JM an advantage for next round. Maybe have a double elimination next week instead.
    I also propose that FS enlists the help of @Milchcow or @Moanaman in running the challenges in this last month to ensure a fair playing field.

- Chewie

B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:22 pm

Well said mate.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:08 pm

Chewie wrote:

We have come to a make or break point in this season, we can't just happily go to tribal tonight and brush past the unresolved issues. And I don't want to see this Survivor season end on a sour note.
    I really appreciate the effort and time @FalconSloth has put into making this season happen, but we've had too many instances recently where rules were unclear causing discontent among players.
    I don't feel like putting a vote in tonight as I believe this week's challenge put players at a disadvantage due to a lack of clarity. I also feel that FS owes us an apology for his absence on the forum midweek to resolve questions about the challenge.

I suggest that we don't have an elimination tonight, but give JM an advantage for next round. Maybe have a double elimination next week instead.
    I also propose that FS enlists the help of @Milchcow or @Moanaman in running the challenges in this last month to ensure a fair playing field.

- Chewie

Good man Chewie.
    Happy to support this.
    (Carry over immunity with a double eviction is too big this late in the game so happy to give that up and fresh start for next week.)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:09 pm

Chewie wrote:

- Chewie

Nicely played Chewie. Feeling nervous tonight are we? Master-stroke from you if you get tribal cancelled for tonight. Massive game play.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:14 pm

Happy to help out if I can
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:20 pm

Chewie wrote:

- Chewie

I can't see how a challenge where only 2 out of 7 entries we're valid can be a positive outcome for the game.
    I hope we are able to postpone until such time as there is a clear roadmap going forward

It's nothing personal against FS but the issues have been going on for far too long, especially given it's a situation that could be greatly improved by utilising some of the assistance that has previously been offered (assuming those offers still stand).

e.g.
    FS could aim to deliver the weeks Challenge on Tuesday - hopefully allowing us 48 hours to do the challenge - and maybe give Milch a general intention for the challenge.
    Milch could then rule on any questions relating to the challenge.
    Milch could field the challenge entries and post them on Friday?
    Moanaman could update the scores across the weekend (if he was keen?)
    I suspect Moanaman might be quite good at coming up with Tribal council questions as well?

Anyway, I support the idea of no vote tonight.
    I don't think we'll get any feedback from FS prior to the vote closing.
    So there will be no vote from me.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:06 pm

yeah no vote for me tonigh, we need to get this fixed while we can. get a fresh start
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:27 pm

We have come to far and there has been too much effort out in by you guys for this to end in a shit fest like this.

I have wanted to apologise for the running of this game for a while but I was waiting until after as to not jeopardise the game because as a host I couldn’t be back flipping and getting swayed on decisions however I feel like now is a suitable time. Planning this out I was really excited and was putting a lot of effort into this but that died out during the year. B/L did a great job and I feel I need a more personal apology to him for leaving a bitter taste in everyone’s mouth about survivor. I haven’t put as much effort and I have been putting some of the duties I should be doing as a host off. I have been late to tribal a few times and I have lacked on clarification around challenges. Overall, I don’t think this season has been too bad and has actually been good and that is from your end as the players. You have made this a somewhat enjoyable season with competitive challenges, fun banter and good survivor gameplay. I don’t think my poor efforts should result in jeopardising the rest of the game for the players that have made it this far. Most of the decisions have been fair and just and everyone has been able to persist through them.

Whilst I appreciate everyone who has supported me, B/L put it best.

In short, I just haven’t delivered the gameplay I imagined and you have been hoping for. The detail to the game has been off and has fallen well short of the really enjoyable game B/L put together in 2020. However, whilst details to the game have been below par, the gameplay in the challenges, votes and alliances has been done well due to your efforts and I think it would be unfair to yourselves to jeopardise the rest off the season and falsify the win for one of you.

I will not run tribal tonight, however, I will keep JM’s individual immunity for next week along with whoever wins this weeks challenge.

I will take on board your feedback and send a piece to Milchcow and Moanaman about my overall idea for the challenge and will let them make decisions about interpretations and blank spaces around my rules. However, I will try and monitor this space more.

With tribal questions I will make sure I get around to asking some questions but you can also ask questions to each other now.

Congratulations to everyone that is still in this game and good luck moving forward. I know this doesn’t make up for how poorly I have run this game but I hope we can move forward and finish this game and crown someone the rightful Sole Survivor of NRLFF Survivor Season 2
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 pm

Thank you for hearing us out FS and taking our feedback on board.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:35 pm

As a result of no tribal council tonight the final challenge will have to take place during the first round of finals. I was trying to avoid that but it is too late for double elimination now.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:55 pm

Round 22 Challenge

Predict the score of these players:

Nick Meaney
    Liam Martin
    Paul Vaughn
    Tohu Harris
    Tevita Tatola
    Will Penisini
    Nat Butcher
    Tom Gilbert
    Blayke Brailey
    Jock Madden
    Kurt Capewell
    Tex Hoy
    Emre Guler
    Jack De Belin
    Daly Cherry-Evans
    Erin Clark

Scoring:
    Exact score - 5 points
    1-2 less - 4 points
    3-5 less - 3 points
    6-10 less - 2 points
    11-20 less - 1 point
    20+ less - 0 points

If you guess more points than the player scores you will receive 0 points
    If you guess overs on 5 or more players you are out of the challenge
    If there is a tie, whoever submitted their entry first will win.
    If there is a late positional change to any of these players they will be voided (this means there position is changed not that they swap from 3 to 4, 8 to 10, 2 to 5 or 11 to 12).

Winner of the challenge will get individual immunity along with Jumping Marlin going into tribal council.
    Jumping Marlin can choose to participate in this challenge and if he wins he will be the only person with immunity at this weeks tribal council.

Submissions must be submitted before kickoff on Thursday night.

Good luck

Outwit, outplay, outlast

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:28 pm