NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 52 - Tevita Pangai, Bye Round Captain

Chucky
    Chucky

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 52 - Tevita Pangai, Bye Round Captain - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 52 - Tevita Pangai, Bye Round Captain

Post by Chucky Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:19 am

FalconSloth wrote:Who would be viewed as a better keeper? Crichton or Tago? Crichton seems to have more 50s but lower low games. Tago seems to have a smaller base but less high scoring games. Crichton also has that handy DPP.
    As someone who has had both all season, most of the attack goes towards Tago and May.
    Crichton and To’o are left fighting for the scraps.
    There will be the odd game where they target the other side due to the opposition, but it’s not the usual game plan.
    They both have DPP but Crichtons is more useful.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 52 - Tevita Pangai, Bye Round Captain - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 52 - Tevita Pangai, Bye Round Captain

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:19 am

my tv broke wrote:

Good post.

The run home post origin is when a couple of alternate PODs can actually make a big difference. Eg Ben Hunt is someone who's up and down and not ideal as a season long keeper, but you get him at the right time and he bangs out a bunch of 70s. They're the late season risks (sometimes forced due to cash) that pay off huge.

People get caught up trying to pick "PODs" at the start of the season, its is a stupid strategy.

Couldn't agree more - in fact I have altered ur post just a touch to make the point even stronger.

The whole premise of fantasy is to pick players based on finding value for money - getting as many points out of your chosen players for a given budget. If you do that better than everyone else, you win! I still cannot believe how frequently the term is even mentioned lol.

The only time people should be thinking about PODs is if their analysis has failed them and they are trying to make up lost ground - otherwise, best value for money trumps everything Smile
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:21 am

Currently I have 6 definite guns
    Papali'i, ACrichton, Harris, Aitken, Tedesco, Hynes

I also have Hastings, Tago, SCrichton and Nanai as potential keepers

Then Tevaga and Butcher as short term guns

10 round 13 players before trades, 15 trades left, 125k ITB and rank 2442.

Current team
    Starling
    Ipap Crichton Tevaga
    Butcher Harris
    Cleary Hastings
    Aitken Tago
    Tedesco Crichton Hynes

Nanai Jing Ming Kiraz
    Walters Peoples Jones Koula

I need to clean up my 18-21. Currently thinking Walters/Peoples -> RFM, Then potentially Hastings to Burton who can move to my centres when I get in a keeper Half. Might just miss the boat because I feel like I'm buying him on a high for someone who seems so inconsistent. Also considering Crichton to Walsh but otherwise I have all the guns covered.
    Next week I'll move on Starling for whichever hooker I can afford
    Tevaga will go to someone, not sure who
    and potentially Ming if he's back to his bench role
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:25 am

DarkKnight wrote:I’m moving this weekend as well. Up the rankings.

🤞🏻
    cheer
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:33 am

Just on Jazz...have him & picked him up for cheap a while ago

This all hinges on AFB and his diagnosis/recovery but....

This is the second week in a row Jazz has been picked at starting prop.

A fair bit of the analysis I have read this week missed the fact that he came back on with about 20 mins to go and went off for a HIA 5 minutes into that stint. The Warriors didn't use another interchange after that so there is a good chance that Jazz would have ended up playing 55 minutes instead of the 41 he did play.

Again depending on what happens over the next few weeks, I am in no great rush to get rid of Jazz playing 55 minutes in the middle (not at dummy half)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:37 am

Aardvark wrote:Just on Jazz...have him & picked him up for cheap a while ago

This all hinges on AFB and his diagnosis/recovery but....

Agree, fair chance at this stage that he is worth holding onto beyond rnd 17. Will see how it goes.

Another is Max King. Since Potter took over he's played big mins, that might continue.

Neither are top tier guns but I'm not really in a position to have all the best players lol.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:39 am

It'd be a risky play but punting on Schuster returning to starting edge next week (or week after if DCE gets a rest) could really work out. I would think he's preferred ahead of Davey no? Just working back from injury, minutes increased to 49 last week, Davey only played 39. Should score well in the halves this week. Priced at 40. Tempting me
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:41 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:With cash gen a mess for most this year it's all about compromise

Walsh and To'o probably outscore Teddy + base

Crichton/Tohu probably go close to Ipap for 200k less

Robson/Mahoney will give you 50-55 for 100k less than Grant and 150k less than Cook

Burton is going to be the top averaging centre, but Aitken will go close and you can probably get him on the down swing

I think the key is to pick your "non negotiable" guns and lock them in

Cleary is far and away the best half but rather than spending 800k on someone like DCE or Munster to partner him you can probably get away with Keary, Hastings, Hunt for <650k

Hynes is going to be the top averaging WFB but pairing him with 2 fallen guns is okay

Great post MS.
    I'll probably trade SCrichton to To'o in the hope that To'o returns to form.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:45 am

BCT05 wrote:It'd be a risky play but punting on Schuster returning to starting edge next week (or week after if DCE gets a rest) could really work out. I would think he's preferred ahead of Davey no? Just working back from injury, minutes increased to 49 last week, Davey only played 39. Should score well in the halves this week. Priced at 40. Tempting me

Mentioned on Talking League podcast that doesn't look well conditioned yet and is gassed struggling to see out 80 atm so their call was avoid now possibly avoid this season
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:45 am

my tv broke wrote:

Agree, fair chance at this stage that he is worth holding onto beyond rnd 17. Will see how it goes.

Another is Max King. Since Potter took over he's played big mins, that might continue.

Neither are top tier guns but I'm not really in a position to have all the best players lol.

Absolutely, I've been planning on playing wait and see with Ming as well

There might be a chance for a advantageous sideways/slightly upward move at some point through the next little period if someone has a little price dip over or after Origin but until then it's a waiting game
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:45 am

What do we make of Starling? I've got no idea whether he returns to decent mins or fades into oblivion
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:50 am

Lee to Averillo is pretty tempting if he’s got the FB gig for a while*

Mainly because of the HLF/CTR DPP
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:52 am

my tv broke wrote:What do we make of Starling? I've got no idea whether he returns to decent mins or fades into oblivion

So many question marks is the problem with Woolford and Elliot messing with minutes
    I for some reason started with him so I’m happy to take the money and run next week
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:55 am

my tv broke wrote:What do we make of Starling? I've got no idea whether he returns to decent mins or fades into oblivion

I have decided he fades into oblivion and traded him to Angus....so he probably returns to decent minutes this weekend
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:01 am

Loomer wrote:

Mentioned on Talking League podcast that doesn't look well conditioned yet and is gassed struggling to see out 80 atm so their call was avoid now possibly avoid this season

Hmm good to know, I haven't seen the last two Manly games. He was on track to play 80mins in his first game back this season before getting injured (played 69mins) and then looks like he is being eased back in and will be building fitness. Presumably will be playing 80 in the halves this week.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:11 am

Blain wrote:I see rumours of Averillo potentially moving to 1. $287k, Hlf/ctr, could be a decent cash out option? With Naden leaving the club, him at centre should at least be locked in.

Problem is he has been non existent with them this season in attack, but a change in coach and him going to 1 should change that.

My trades this week currently are currently S Crighton to Walsh, and A Fifita to Harris.

Then next week I'll be on track for Starling to Mahoney, and I'll need a centre, so I'm thinking going mid range with Bird.

Hoping for Kiraz to centre be better for him probs start scoring more 30’s.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:13 am

wolfking wrote:

Thanks MS.  I've slept on it and gut is saying the same.  Yeo is not a big tackle buster so if he only plays 50 minutes, he could easily only get a 30 as you say, especially how many tries they score too.  It's risky but gut is saying I can trade.
    Mate as I said to you yesterday I’d do it for sure, you have more than enough trades to as well and look at your rank go for it mate don’t die wondering.

Oh and ended up getting to bed at 6:50am got up at 9:20am a hell of a day ahead. Still loads to do.

Didn’t realise there was a Thursday game on either tbh just heard on the radio there is well there ya go! I’ll just be checking the NRL app and in here for updates.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:14 am

Taumalolo is priced at 42 and is the cheapest he has been all season. Is everyone just holding off because they are trying to time the bottom and pick him up cheaper, or has he already burned too many people this season? Im thinking points>cash from here on out, and I might take a hit to the team value and bring him in this week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:15 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Lee to Averillo is pretty tempting if he’s got the FB gig for a while*

Mainly because of the HLF/CTR DPP

Yeah, I may pay extra and get him over Savage. Not that thrilled on Savage and can get Kennedy in a couple of weeks as a cashout.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:17 am

No idea why... More of a gut feeling..tempted to grab Joey Manu.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 pm