NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 49 - Origin is nearly here, it's about time some QLD players got suspended

FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 49 - Origin is nearly here, it's about time some QLD players got suspended - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 49 - Origin is nearly here, it's about time some QLD players got suspended

Post by FaringdonSwirl Sat May 28, 2022 8:23 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

He deadset did NOTHING in those first 6 weeks, couldn't crack 50 with attacking stats and wasn't even getting his usual junk sideways tackle breaks. Then he started doing all that the week I sold as if to punish me specifically

Have you been getting your forum mandated outside time?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 49 - Origin is nearly here, it's about time some QLD players got suspended - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 49 - Origin is nearly here, it's about time some QLD players got suspended

Post by Mulvy Sat May 28, 2022 8:25 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

He deadset did NOTHING in those first 6 weeks, couldn't crack 50 with attacking stats and wasn't even getting his usual junk sideways tackle breaks. Then he started doing all that the week I sold as if to punish me specifically

You're incredible. Your Tedesco trade is second only to Matt's Hynes trade for worst of the season. It was always a bad trade, before hand, during and after. Everyone said so before hand. No hindsight required. Suck it up. Try to learn something. Blaming Tedesco smh lol.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat May 28, 2022 8:26 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Have you been getting your forum mandated outside time?

Come off it you would be just as angry if this situation happened to a player you sold
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat May 28, 2022 8:29 pm

Stuff the whinging, I've got 5 players in this game (no captain though) and I am flying up the rankings.

Probably take a hit tomorrow with only 3 players and no loop. But for now let the good times roll
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat May 28, 2022 8:29 pm

Mulvy wrote:

You're incredible. Your Tedesco trade is second only to Matt's Hynes trade for worst of the season. It was always a bad trade, before hand, during and after. Everyone said so before hand. No hindsight required. Suck it up. Try to learn something. Blaming Tedesco smh lol.

He wasn't even in the top 10 WFBs for average at the time I sold, his average was 40.2 or something like that.

He had only got past 50 once, and most of his games had attacking stats (a 43 with a try/LB, a 48 with two TAs, an LB and LBA etc.)

Literally every stat except run metres was way down and he looked cooked as fuck.

Then I trade him and suddenly he starts breaking tackles and scoring multiple tries, as if he specifically chose that week to punish me.

Fucking tell me you wouldn't be extremely pissed off if that happened.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Sat May 28, 2022 8:30 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Have you thought about maybe taking a little break from fantasy? This isn’t a healthy response to a small inconvenience in a virtual game where you have no stakes
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 28, 2022 8:31 pm

On a personal note, I'm starting to think my decision to bring in Turbo instead of Teddy in round 9 was a mistake. I mean, I didn't trade out a gun, just picked the wrong gun. A way better thought process than Beth's.

My feeling was that Turbo is capable of anything and was very PODish for rd9, if it came off I'm laughing. Hindsight says, take the cheaper gun with the lower BE. What say you fanatics? Decent punt, or just take the cheaper gun on offer next time?
    Tommy_gun
    Tommy_gun

Post by Tommy_gun Sat May 28, 2022 8:31 pm

Geez this Beth character is on a mission to make the forum unreadable EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat May 28, 2022 8:31 pm

Btw, a lot of people traded Lolo out before he started going well. Nanai too and they don't act all melodramatic about it

If you want to trade a gun out when many others are trading him in, maybe have a think about it.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat May 28, 2022 8:32 pm

Traded Teddy in the week Beth traded him out Coffee
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat May 28, 2022 8:32 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

He wasn't even in the top 10 WFBs for average at the time I sold, his average was 40.2 or something like that.

He had only got past 50 once, and most of his games had attacking stats (a 43 with a try/LB, a 48 with two TAs, an LB and LBA etc.)

Literally every stat except run metres was way down and he looked cooked as fuck.

Then I trade him and suddenly he starts breaking tackles and scoring multiple tries, as if he specifically chose that week to punish me.

So the best fantasy WFB of all time was averaging 40 doing absolutely fuck all and you still sell him?

Hole, dig, deeper.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat May 28, 2022 8:33 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Come off it you would be just as angry if this situation happened to a player you sold

I very, very nearly bought Tedesco the week you sold him and stupidly went for Ponga (in was after his tonne and he was 50k cheaper) instead. It was a terrible decision and I'd have a top 100, maybe top 50, ranking without it. But it was my own dumb decision. Annoyed with myself? A bit. Angry with James Tedesco? Not at all.
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Sat May 28, 2022 8:33 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

….. punish me specifically

I’d like to punish you specifically ….
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat May 28, 2022 8:33 pm

Lchy wrote:

Have you thought about maybe taking a little break from fantasy? This isn’t a healthy response to a small inconvenience in a virtual game where you have no stakes

Well no because the rest of my team is actually doing pretty well, which is the only reason I'm still playing this year.

if I could somehow have got Talakai's 100 and cash gains while keeping Teddy (and then trade Talakai to Matto like I did last week), then I would probably be top 500 instead of currently sitting at 1600 having lost 700 ranks in a half.

In the grand scheme my team is going fine, but it doesn't make not owning Teddy any less rage inducing
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat May 28, 2022 8:34 pm

Welshy wrote:

So the best fantasy WFB of all time was averaging 40 doing absolutely fuck all and you still sell him?

Hole, dig, deeper.

By that logic you probably held Jesse Bromwich for all of 2017 when he went from best prop in fantasy for years before to a junk midranger
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat May 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Mulvy skittling them today with the drive-by on Matt as well!
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat May 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Well no because the rest of my team is actually doing pretty well, which is the only reason I'm still playing this year.

if I could somehow have got Talakai's 100 and cash gains while keeping Teddy (and then trade Talakai to Matto like I did last week), then I would probably be top 500 instead of currently sitting at 1600 having lost 700 ranks in a half.

In the grand scheme my team is going fine, but it doesn't make not owning Teddy any less rage inducing
    Feeling rage because a player you don't own is gunning it is concerning. It's just a game after all
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat May 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

if I could somehow have got Talakai's 100 and cash gains while keeping Teddy (and then trade Talakai to Matto like I did last week), then I would probably be top 500 instead of currently sitting at 1600 1800 having lost 700 ranks in a half.

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Mulvy wrote:On a personal note, I'm starting to think my decision to bring in Turbo instead of Teddy in round 9 was a mistake. I mean, I didn't trade out a gun, just picked the wrong gun. A way better thought process than Beth's.

My feeling was that Turbo is capable of anything and was very PODish for rd9, if it came off I'm laughing. Hindsight says, take the cheaper gun with the lower BE. What say you fanatics? Decent punt, or just take the cheaper gun on offer next time?

I had a similar experience last season, Ponga had a banner the week before, Turbo was available cheaper, but had the spare cash to get the Ponga upgrade and we all know what happened next.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I would have been very pissed off. I still would have held him. I've held Lolo all year as an example, he's not half the gun in his position that Teddy is. Counting this year, I've finished top 500 six years out of seven.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:50 am