NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 47 - Fuck off fickle fans.

Loomer
    Loomer

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 47 - Fuck off fickle fans. - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 47 - Fuck off fickle fans.

Post by Loomer Tue May 24, 2022 6:04 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Why the urgency on RFM? He's had less than half an hour back on the field after a near career ending injury. I get that he's way underpriced if he gets his full role back but what's the rush?

Definitely would wait another week on RFM
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 47 - Fuck off fickle fans. - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 47 - Fuck off fickle fans.

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue May 24, 2022 6:22 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:@ms

Do you still have the link to ya bye bible?

I put it in the assistant coach thread last year

I've quoted it below because it seems to have disappeared. Hasn't been updated for relevent bye players

MS wrote:
    Rounds 10-13
    Get ready to burn those trades cause this is the most important part of the regular season. Every trade you make from 10-13 should play the first bye rounds. Start with those locked in to not play origin like your Islanders, Kiwis and English. The last thing you want is to bring in a player who gets selected for origin out of no where(Chris McQueen cost me 1st overall because of this). Trade break down looks like this ideally – Round 10 2 trades on round 13 cows to start building the bank, round 11 2 trades, 1 on cow one on gun, round 12 2 trades 1 on cow one on gun. By round 12 you should be sitting pretty with 10-13 players for round 13. Round 13 use all 4 trades on 3 guns and 1 cash out with upside. Make sure that you have every single captaincy option this week or 1 wrong decision can ruin all your planning. With the cash out I aim for a guy that has a chance at more than 1 game. This would be a guy like Penisini, Suaali, Hopgood with talent to get an extended run with a good showing. Should have 12 guns and 2-4 cash outs depending on how things shape up. Don’t go over board trying to get 17 as someone like McCullough might outscore 4 centres. If you get this week right you can put 400-600 points on under prepared teams.
    Minimum trades used 10, maximum trades used 10. Trades remaining 11-18

Rounds 13-17
    By this part of the season most are running low on trades so decide to not worry about the second bye. This is the one I target the most as it’s the last real chance to storm home. If I have managed to saves all my trades and have 18 remaining I’ll be open to sideways trading guns. If I have the lower end with 11 remaining I’ll try to keep the guns. Most important thing is to make a list of the captaincy options for round 17 and get all these guys in. Once again these are the guys that will make or break your bye round, do whatever it takes to get them in. Round 13,14,15,16 will be max trade trying to go with cows and guns where needed. Round 17 if you are going to sideways trade guns this is the time to do it with 4 trades. Trading a round 13 guy to a round 17 guy with the same average could net you an extra 60 points, which makes all the difference at the end of the year. If things have gone poorly for you at the start of the year you will be using your last trade in this round then hanging on for dear life
    Minimum trades used 11, maximum trades used 12. Trades remaining 0-6.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue May 24, 2022 6:37 am

While we are on the subject on bye rounds here is the captaincy options in my opinion. If you don't have them get them in

Burton - High floor and probably highest ceiling. Should be good for a 40 with the chance at a banner. Opposition will be an under strength Panthers team that probably keeps the damage in check

Robson - 80 minute hooker probably has a smaller range than Burton but higher floor. The conservative captaincy choice

Cotter - If he isn't playing origin he could bust out an 80 in 80 minutes. Should be good for atleast a 50

Koroisau - Will probably be around the origin squad but with Yeo and Cleary gone will steer the ship. Probably breaks my rule but won't be trading him in myself

ACrichton - If he doesn't make origin he is a serious captaincy option. Year on year gun with a very high ceiling. Can also score you a 40

DFifita - If he isn't playing origin and some how fit he should be in the conversation

Tohu - Mr consistent is like a Jarrod Croker that scores twice as well. Need a 50? He will give you 55. Need a 60? He will give you a 55

There is enough high floor high ceiling guys that even the pod captainers have options without going too crazy. If you captain a centre or WFB you are dead to me
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue May 24, 2022 6:44 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:While we are on the subject on bye rounds here is the captaincy options in my opinion. If you don't have them get them in

Burton - High floor and probably highest ceiling. Should be good for a 40 with the chance at a banner. Opposition will be an under strength Panthers team that probably keeps the damage in check

If you captain a centre or WFB you are dead to me

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 47 - Fuck off fickle fans. - Page 50 Giphy
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue May 24, 2022 6:54 am

Loomer wrote:

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 47 - Fuck off fickle fans. - Page 50 Giphy

Like Bateman, Burton is centre eligible but playing in the halves gives him a pass
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue May 24, 2022 7:04 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:While we are on the subject on bye rounds here is the captaincy options in my opinion. If you don't have them get them in

Robson - 80 minute hooker probably has a smaller range than Burton but higher floor. The conservative captaincy choice

Cotter - If he isn't playing origin he could bust out an 80 in 80 minutes. Should be good for atleast a 50

Koroisau - Will probably be around the origin squad but with Yeo and Cleary gone will steer the ship. Probably breaks my rule but won't be trading him in myself

ACrichton - If he doesn't make origin he is a serious captaincy option. Year on year gun with a very high ceiling. Can also score you a 40

DFifita - If he isn't playing origin and some how fit he should be in the conversation

Tohu - Mr consistent is like a Jarrod Croker that scores twice as well. Need a 50? He will give you 55. Need a 60? He will give you a 55

There is enough high floor high ceiling guys that even the pod captainers have options without going too crazy. If you captain a centre or WFB you are dead to me

No chance Koro is around the origin camp. Didn’t he break Covid protocol by sneaking in a girl
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue May 24, 2022 7:09 am

ytsb wrote:

No chance Koro is around the origin camp. Didn’t he break Covid protocol by sneaking in a girl

Forgot about that but Freddie won't have. Put the red pen through his name for origin
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 24, 2022 7:18 am

At the moment I have 12 players for Round 13. That includes Lolo, Billy and Schneider so could quite easily be only 9.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue May 24, 2022 8:05 am

I don’t think Nanai should be anywhere near origin. The kid is good but criminally overrated. He gets all his wraps and hype from his tries. He has 10 tries this year I reckon at least 8 or 9 of them where from kicks. Still good tries but that doesn’t make him a quality second rower. If you look at the rest of his game he isn’t that good. His defence isn’t up to origin standard and he doesn’t get that involved in attack.

If you compare him to Fifita (taking out Fifita’s bench game and Centre game)

Nanai vs Fifita

Average Run Metres
    92 vs 127

Average Tackle Breaks
    1.5 vs 3.7

Average Missed Tackles
    3.3 vs 2.5

Average Errors
    0.9 vs 0.5

And one of these player plays in a significantly worse team
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Tue May 24, 2022 8:13 am

FalconSloth wrote:I don’t think Nanai should be anywhere near origin. The kid is good but criminally overrated. He gets all his wraps and hype from his tries. He has 10 tries this year I reckon at least 8 or 9 of them where from kicks. Still good tries but that doesn’t make him a quality second rower. If you look at the rest of his game he isn’t that good. His defence isn’t up to origin standard and he doesn’t get that involved in attack.

Nanai vs Fifita

Average Run Metres
    92 vs 127

Average Tackle Breaks
    1.5 vs 3.7

Average Missed Tackles
    3.3 vs 2.5

Average Errors
    0.9 vs 0.5

All of this is very true. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the 18 jersey to gain the experience. I am sure they see him as a future queenslander
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 24, 2022 8:17 am

FalconSloth wrote:I don’t think Nanai should be anywhere near origin. The kid is good but criminally overrated. He gets all his wraps and hype from his tries. He has 10 tries this year I reckon at least 8 or 9 of them where from kicks. Still good tries but that doesn’t make him a quality second rower. If you look at the rest of his game he isn’t that good. His defence isn’t up to origin standard and he doesn’t get that involved in attack.

Nanai vs Fifita

Average Run Metres
    92 vs 127

Average Tackle Breaks
    1.5 vs 3.7

Average Missed Tackles
    3.3 vs 2.5

Average Errors
    0.9 vs 0.5

Nanai should at least be part of emerging Maroons. He's incredibly skilful, he's only 19 and will bust more tackles when he puts on some size, he's quite elusive with good footwork. His defence is better than you give him credit for. A lot of his missed tackles are him moving up and putting on pressure, half making a tackle that someone else finishes off. Good for real life, bad for fantasy. Fifita doesn't get those missed tackles because he's too lazy to make those pressure plays. Having said all that, probably a bit early for Nanai.

Edit: Some of his errors have been contesting high balls too. Big difference between an error attempting to score a try off a high ball on the six tackle vs dropping it cold in your own half.

Last edited by Mulvy on Tue May 24, 2022 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue May 24, 2022 8:18 am

It'll take an injury, he isn't going to trump either Kafusi or Capewell
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 24, 2022 8:22 am

Not to much Kenny and Sony Luke around for Koro ?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 24, 2022 8:25 am

Mulvy wrote:

Nanai should at least be part of emerging Maroons.

Nanai was picked in the QLD U19 side named a couple of weeks ago. Only player with NRL experience that was selected, I don't even know if he'd actually play? I don't know when the U19s play but I guess Cowboys would have to be ok with releasing him for it.. doubt it.

The other players selected for qld are.. quite obviously kids. Few on Broncos radar including the current 'next big thing' Blake Mozer.

EDIT: Ezra Mam also selected, obviously he has just debuted haha
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 24, 2022 8:40 am

Reynolds fit and firing as far as we know ?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 24, 2022 8:42 am

Mulvy wrote:

Nanai should at least be part of emerging Maroons. He's incredibly skilful, he's only 19 and will bust more tackles when he puts on some size, he's quite elusive with good footwork. His defence is better than you give him credit for. A lot of his missed tackles are him moving up and putting on pressure, half making a tackle that someone else finishes off. Good for real life, bad for fantasy. Fifita doesn't get those missed tackles because he's too lazy to make those pressure plays.  Having said all that, probably a bit early for Nanai.

Edit: Some of his errors have been contesting high balls too. Big difference between an error attempting to score a try off a high ball on the six tackle vs dropping it cold in your own half.

Against the Storm, 29 tackles, 0 misses.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 24, 2022 8:48 am

Revraiser wrote:Reynolds fit and firing as far as we know ?

looks good at this stage. team will have a field session today which should give more of an idea.

this from the Broncos on Saturday-

Reynolds underwent a scan at the Qscan Clive Berghofer Facility today which showed no damage to his groin.

Broncos Head Of Performance Dave Ballard said, “Adam’s scan was clear which was a good result, and he did some running today as well which he got through without issue as his groin tightness is settling down.

“Adam will continue to build his running load on Monday when the team returns to training, and then transition into skills as the week progresses with a view to playing on Friday night against the Titans.”
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 24, 2022 8:53 am

my tv broke wrote:

looks good at this stage. team will have a field session today which should give more of an idea.

this from the Broncos on Saturday-

“Adam will continue to build his running load on Monday when the team returns to training, and then transition into skills as the week progresses with a view to carving on Friday night against the Titans.”[/i]

Love that. Cheers
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 24, 2022 9:10 am

After trades this week, I have 14 bye players. Three of those are Lolo, Schneider and Burbo, so maybe only 11. I plan to try and have 15 if possible. I have Harris, Burton, Robson as captaincy options. I think Crichton and Cotter play origin and Koro never again for me. If Crichton does play origin you could probably include Butcher as a captaincy option, short term at least. If Cotter does play origin, I probably want to hold Lolo even losing cash, if he's fit for rd13, otherwise he might become Cotter. Lolo would play big minutes in a bye round if Cotter is out.

I'm definitely targeting the first bye. I'm not entirely convinced on the MS method of then trying to then convert all those to rd17 players and hanging on for life. The last few years have shown you need a few trades for the run home, and probably need one for round 25. Having to play 15/16 players in some rounds in the run home can undo any good bye planning. Further, a 94 from Turbo in rd15, or 122 from DCE in rd14, and averaging more than a rd17 player does for the rest of the year (even with the bye round points) undoes your good bye planning too.

My plan this year is to target rd13 and then try and just get the best team I can after that. I will however, if trades permit, do a couple of strategic sideways trades, or short term plays to try and get at least the top tier rd17 players and/or make some cash. And any rd13 player who is not a top tier gun who gets rested, injured or suspended (I'm looking at you TPJ) can probably become a rd17 player also. The extra two trades this year, however means I might end up targeting rd17 a little harder like MS, if my players can stop getting injured.

I would normally trade out a couple of origin players like MS but this year I've already traded Haas, Turbo and Pappy so I don't really need to. I'll be holding Cook and Cleary, as well as rd17 guns Hynes, Hastings and Ipap. After rd13 I'll probably have 12+4 trades, burn about 9 over the origin period, maybe another three in rd18/19 for post origin guns, four for the run home. Plan is flexible though.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 24, 2022 9:12 am

wolfking wrote:

Against the Storm, 29 tackles, 0 misses.

Yep. He's getting better every game. I think will certainly play origin. Probably not this year though.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 pm