NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 45 - Woohoo. An unmoderated forum - Run Riot

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 45 - Woohoo. An unmoderated forum - Run Riot  - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 45 - Woohoo. An unmoderated forum - Run Riot

Post by Loomer Tue May 17, 2022 7:27 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I’m always throwing around trade ideas.

Always playing Liverpool's Advocate
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 45 - Woohoo. An unmoderated forum - Run Riot  - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 45 - Woohoo. An unmoderated forum - Run Riot

Post by L-Jimmy Tue May 17, 2022 7:44 am

I'm liking Talakai and Randall for Cobbo and Cook, but doesn't help R13
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 17, 2022 7:47 am

Not much happening today. Anyone bothered to review their trades for the season so far?

Me
    2 - SJ -> Sexton - Forced through injury but a very poor trade with hindsight.
    3 - Lolo & Billy Smith -> Tago & Starling - Two wins here i think
    4 - Mahoney & Bully -> Cotter & Thompson - Mahoney starting to put up good scores but at the time he had to go. Cotter a win. Thompson not great due to picking him up at 291k.
    5 - Katoa -> Koula - Katoa a failed punt, Koula looking ok for now. Close to a win...
    6 - JKing & Paulo -> Tuilagi & Cleary - King is sitll doing his thing, but i think these are wins.
    8 - Nanai -> Tevaga - hmmm. Tevaga has only outscored Nanai by 24 points since the trade (3 games). Not sure this was worth it.
    9 - Mann -> Hastings - Inury forced Mann out but Hastings looks a clear winner so far.
    10 - Papy and Schnieder -> Burton & McInnes - Too early to tell I guess, but has gone reasonably enough after one week.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue May 17, 2022 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue May 17, 2022 8:02 am

Me
    2 - Amone & Fermor to Jing & Tago - Overall win. Fermor kicked on but Tago and Jing have both been serviceable and made a lot of cash
    3 - Bullemor to Starling - Big win
    4 - Uto & Ilias to Jones & Thompson - held Uto for too long in hope. A bit early on Ilias but he was only a slow burn. Jones is a win. Thompson wasn't. SHould have gone May
    5 - Vailea to Koula - Win
    6 - Sexton & Mitchell to Cleary & Tuilagi - held onto sexton and Mitchell for too long but in isolation this trade was a big win
    8 - Mann & Burton to Tevaga & Hastings - Too soon on Burton and Mann was forced. Tevaga if he gets another start should make 130k+ and be servicable in the process. Hastings was a big win.
    9 - Fifita & Wilton to Ipap & Crichton - big win. Wilton got an 80 but returned to a lower score this week. Ipap with 2 80s and Crichton seems alright so far
    10 - Papenhuyzen to Tedesco - too early to tell but was forced and sideways
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue May 17, 2022 8:05 am

my tv broke wrote:Not much happening today. Anyone bothered to review their trades for the season so far?

A fun game!

But I'm a bit worried about how profligate I'll look

-----------------------------------

Amone -> Ming  - good call

Bulle -> Mad Jack - Bulle had to go, and Jack was unlucky with injury. Not bad.

Mad Jack -> Brodie Jones
    Mahoney -> Starling
    BroJo didn't do much, but an ok punt.
    Mahoney was stinking and Starling's been good. Fair calls.

Junior Paulo -> Cleary
    Katoa  -> May
    Very solid, but Paulo shouldn't have been in the team

Scrichton -> Cotter
    Nofo -> Koula
    Happy with Cotter, infuriated with Nofo. Them's the breaks. But the Tigers did stink.

JKing -> Taafe
    Luxury. Didn't need to do that.

Mann -> JJackson
    Good trade
    Burton -> Talakai
    Drunken idiocy.

BroJo -> Hastings
    Good trade

Paps -> Tturbo
    Risky, but probably necessary

Good calls in general, a few poor ones.

Just way too much trading.
    Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

Post by Jack Torrance Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 am

I refuse to look at my trade history Very Happy
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 17, 2022 8:21 am

Round 2 - Uto and Fermor OUT - Yeo and Tuilagi IN. Yeo was a MASSIVE win early on. Fermor out sucked.

Round 3 - Bully and Tuilagi OUT - Fermor and Leo IN. Yep, shouldn't have traded Fermor and got Tui at the wrong time. Should have probably held him.

Round 6 - AFB and Latrell OUT - Koula and Cleary IN. Nothing wrong here at all.

Round 8 - Mann OUT - Starling IN - Probably could have gone with a better option over Starling but not bad.

Round 9 - Scheider and Ilias OUT - Hastings and Tass IN - Could have held both and Tass was a dud

Round 10 - Tass OUT - Wishart IN - Probably a stupid trade.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 17, 2022 8:21 am

Oh fun let’s have a go at this

Welch > Sexton
    - Injury forced. Went well for 2 weeks and then took a turn for the worse.

Mahoney/Angus > Cleary/Thompson 
    - Two guns that started terribly so got onto the Cleary train his first week back. Thompson and enabler with a bit of upside. The upside did not continue.

Amone > Penisini
    - Amone lost his starting spot after not setting the world alight. The loss of Billy Smith meant I needed a CTR, Penisini has done pretty well for me so happy with the trade.

Leniu > Tuilagi
    - Lenius minutes continued to be terrible so jumped off to Tuilagi who was still a cow at the time. Has done fairly well for me since trading him in.

Sexton/Bullemor > Taumalolo/Lee
    - Sexton and Bullemor had fallen off the cliff and was time for them to go for a MID and a hopeful cow. Very mixed feelings on them both.

Wilton > Hastings
    - Really should have been Mann to Hastings but alas happy to have got on Hastings when I did. Was certain Graham would have affected Wilton but no point looking back.

Mann/Papy > TPJ/Ponga
    Well that went terribly in week 1 of ownership. Both sub 30 and matched by my emergencies haha. We move on and hope for better things going forward
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue May 17, 2022 8:28 am

my tv broke wrote:Not much happening today. Anyone bothered to review their trades for the season so far?

Me
    2 - SJ -> Sexton - Forced through injury but a very poor trade with hindsight.
    3 - Lolo & Billy Smith -> Tago & Starling - Two wins here i think
    4 - Mahoney & Bully -> Cotter & Thompson - Mahoney starting to put up good scores but at the time he had to go. Cotter a win. Thompson not great due to picking him up at 291k.
    5 - Katoa -> Koula - Katoa a failed punt, Koula looking ok for now. Close to a win...
    6 - JKing & Paulo -> Tuilagi & Cleary - King is sitll doing his thing, but i think these are wins.
    8 - Nanai -> Tevaga - hmmm. Tevaga has only outscored Nanai by 24 points since the trade (3 games). Not sure this was worth it.
    9 - Mann -> Hastings - Inury forced Mann out but Hastings looks a clear winner so far.
    10 - Papy and Schnieder -> Burton & McInnes - Too early to tell I guess, but has gone reasonably enough after one week.

For me I think the bigger problem for the 2nd year running is shit starting team.

Last year it was no Fifita, this year no Hynes (Mitchell & Burton instead). Plus Mahoney over Cook, a 50/50 that went south. It's a lot of wasted trades on guns, as well as the opp cost to generate cash

R2. saved 2, perhaps should've jumped earlier
    R3. Uto + Tuilagi -> MKing + Starling - only thing here is I could've kept Tuilagi and sold someone else. Who is apparent on the next line...
    R4. Mahoney + Bullemor -> SJ + BJones - SJ was a fail (altho could be worth a R13 punt now), Jones did what I expected but I guessed misses 1-2 weeks with injury
    R5. Leniu -> Walters - one failed cow to another, ugh
    R6. Mitchell -> Hynes - only cost 300k lol, but right to correct
    R7. Burton + Wilton -> Cleary + Roberts - neither were sells but needed Cleary. Roberts back injury came to light after lockout hahaha. I maintain at 310k he was a good buy if fit, but Koula would've been better
    R8. SJ + Mann -> Tedesco + Tuilagi - I think these are good
    R9. BJones + Roberts -> Angus + Koula - also good, although getting Koula in the first place saves a trade
    R10. Papy -> Turbo - should be fine.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 17, 2022 8:29 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I’m honestly worried for some people here when the 4 trades a round kicks in.

My goal is to have at least 4 trades left when that happens
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 17, 2022 8:35 am

Milchcow wrote:

My goal is to have  at least 4 trades left when that happens
    Isn’t it 3 rounds time?
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue May 17, 2022 8:36 am

Fox sports report Waddell had a 'accidental coalition' with Barnett's hip in magic round.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue May 17, 2022 8:41 am

Khany wrote:Fox sports report Waddell had a 'accidental coalition' with Barnett's hip in magic round.

Same editor for sports and politics, then that damn autocorrect.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 17, 2022 8:44 am

Hopefully this new coach at the Dogs flogs TPJ for 80 every week. 

Please and thank you
    Grouse
    Grouse

Post by Grouse Tue May 17, 2022 8:49 am

Was going to post my trades. Lets just say they are not grouse...
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Tue May 17, 2022 8:49 am

Welshy wrote:Papy worth holding now and looping Lee and Koula?

I think that's what im planning to do. I don't see any other viable WFB. Have teddy and Hynes at the moment. Feel its a bit too early to pull the trigger on Turbo and Ponga at this stage. But $750k is a lot of money that could go towards an iPap for example

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2022 8:51 am

Jack Torrance wrote:I refuse to look at my trade history Very Happy
    Same. Same.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue May 17, 2022 8:53 am

Welshy wrote:Papy worth holding now and looping Lee and Koula?

This is what I'm doing. Lee's 37 was fine last week, but overall I had my worst round of the year. I assume this is because of folk that turned Papy into an Ipap or the like.

But I'll persist now. As I'm in it for h2h, his time out hopefully isn't too massive. Just used way too many trades this year to trade him out and back in...

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2022 8:58 am

From DT early mail... 

But the mail is the Raiders are leaning towards giving rookie Schneider a rest after 10 straight games in the top grade and keeping Frawley in the top squad for another week.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue May 17, 2022 9:01 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I’m always throwing around trade ideas. Have 22 going into this week and looking at just the 1 trade
    I feel like a total trade whore - I'm doing 1 trade this week: most likely Taklakai (such a knee-jerk waste of 2 trades) to Robson to bring my total for Rd.13 to 11. Trying to not lose too many ranks over the byes (for the first time ever). 
    18 left (pre bonus 4).

4 trade rounds will still only be 2 trades for me (hopefully)

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:58 pm