NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 2

FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 2

Post by FalconSloth Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:56 pm

Correct. You could pick up to 3 NSW and 0 QLD or up to 3 QLD and 0 NSW. You must have at least one player from one of those teams though
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 2

Post by FalconSloth Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:57 pm

There is no need for private chats between tribes now so just use this thread as your tribal chat
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:00 am

Also the last four players voted out have a bonus chance at redemption by submitting the challenge that the rest of the players are submitting for hidden immunity. If someone wins both redemption challenges the person who came 2nd in the last 4 redemption will come back in.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:02 am

I just flew back into orbit with the Falcon and I felt a disturbance in the Force
    NRLFF Survivor Season 2 - Part 2 - Page 24 Giphy
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:49 am

Do you guys have links to the team lists for the redemption challenge I’ve been very busy at work and haven’t had time to look.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:42 am

B/L wrote:I'm confused what is happening here.

Random gets voted out and now gets an advantage.

I can't follow the logic here.

Like you not putting a team in and not getting eliminated?

Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:46 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Do you guys have links to the team lists for the redemption challenge I’ve been very busy at work and haven’t had time to look.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/17/2022-representative-round-teams/
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:33 am

FalconSloth wrote:Also the last four players voted out have a bonus chance at redemption by submitting the challenge that the rest of the players are submitting for hidden immunity. If someone wins both redemption challenges the person who came 2nd in the last 4 redemption will come back in.

So me, Rabbits, Regulator and Welshy. This will be a treat
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:34 am

FalconSloth wrote:Welcome to tribal council. I will now read the votes.

It wasn't really a tribal council though was it.
    No one was voted off, we had a vote to give someone two votes at the next tribal - but of course unlike Survivor there was not even an allusion to there being a twist.

This isn't against Random - FWIW as far as I know, no one really wanted to vote him off anyway - but honestly that "twist" damages the integrity of this season as it wildly deviates from the basic premise of Survivor - you vote someone off at tribal council - it isn't to give someone an extra vote...

Look, I'm no Lee Hagipantelis, and so decided not to be rash last night and post my initial thoughts. Instead I chose to sleep on it.

I see, this morning, that there isn't just one person returning from being eliminated, but there are now two people returning.

Rant
    So I've decided I may as well have a rant even though it will be to the detriment of my game, and yeah it is just a game, but I question what is the point of investing time into a game where the fundamental rules are so fluid - this isn't just a ruling on interpretation, it's a fundamental shift that does not align with the basic design-intention of Survivor.
    This is still meant to be Survivor, right? like the game where at most one person has returned from exile in a season...

But now we have two players returning, and furthermore that's in addition to Random, so three people who have been voted off, but then Random get's an extra vote, so the next tribal consists of 4 votes from eliminated players - that's not a twist, it's a car crash.

This isn't against people returning, I'm all for having someone get a second chance, but having 4 votes suddenly land from eliminated players undermines the integrity of the season and I question whether you FS want this game to be about the players who have scraped and struggled, built and broke alliances, outplayed and outlasted to get this far with maybe one evicted returnee who gets a chance to fight their way back from the dead and maybe become the sole survivor, or if it is just about yourself and your ability to contort the game into whatever Frankenstein version of Survivor/Fantasy you see fit?

I could adapt to these changes, accept them and continue on - but I wonder if there's much point given seemingly any fundamental Survivor rule is seemingly meaningless.
    Shit, maybe we already have the Sole Survivor - maybe Roger8 won it as the first person voted off?
    Rant

Anyway, it wouldn't be Survivor without someone blowing up - so a good week for a break from this, and I'll step away and see how I feel about continuing when things roll around next week.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:39 am

Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:11 am

easytiger wrote:

It wasn't really a tribal council though was it.

Great rant, 10/10, would read again.

It's not so good when you're on the wrong end of decisions is it Easy? Like Hudsongate or when Cheese lost a player despite winning a challenge.

Suck it up Princess, like you said, it's just a game

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:45 am

I'm not worried, I've got the Capcom cheat code up my sleeve
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:03 am

FalconSloth wrote:Also the last four players voted out have a bonus chance at redemption by submitting the challenge that the rest of the players are submitting for hidden immunity. If someone wins both redemption challenges the person who came 2nd in the last 4 redemption will come back in.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:08 am

FalconSloth wrote:Jing you will be off to tribal where one of you will be voted out. Votes are due in by 7:30pm AEST. Tribal will be at 8:00pm AEST.

To be fair to B/L's and ET's resistance, this was posted after we lost the challenge on Monday.  Didn't quite happen did it?  It indeed heavily damages the integrity of the game.
    Cunbert
    Cunbert

Post by Cunbert Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:15 am

I thought whatever FS decided goes guys? He is making it his own with twists and turns.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:45 am

wolfking wrote:

To be fair to B/L's and ET's resistance, this was posted after we lost the challenge on Monday.  Didn't quite happen did it?  It indeed heavily damages the integrity of the game.

I don't think the integrity of the game would have improved if FS had said "Jing will be off to tribal where none of you will be voted off and 1 will be given an advantage"
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:52 am

Milchcow wrote:

I don't think the integrity of the game would have improved if FS had said "Jing will be off to tribal where none of you will be voted off and 1 will be given an advantage"

Perhaps the words 'where one of you will be voted out,' should have been omitted. Just saying 'Jing you will be off to tribal' would have been the smart play.

Hey, FS's game, his rules, I'm just viewing things how I see it. Play on.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:29 am

FalconSloth wrote:Rep round challenge:
    This is for the final game challenge based hidden immunity idol

You must create a fantasy team of 13 players with regular fantasy positions (1 HOK, 3 MID etc)
    This team must consist of players from 1 team from each rep match (look at the redemption challenge for the games)
    You can only have 3 players maximum from each team.
    You may select a captain who will score 1 +0.5 x the amount of the teams you choose players from that lose. (Eg if you 3 out of the 6 teams you picked players from lose you get 2.5x your captains score)
    Sorry I’m not understanding what the captaincy scoring means? I’m confused with your wording.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:32 pm

FalconSloth wrote:Rep round challenge:
    This is for the final game challenge based hidden immunity idol

You must create a fantasy team of 13 players with regular fantasy positions (1 HOK, 3 MID etc)
    This team must consist of players from 1 team from each rep match (look at the redemption challenge for the games)
    You can only have 3 players maximum from each team.
    You may select a captain who will score 1 +0.5 x the amount of the teams you choose players from that lose. (Eg if you 3 out of the 6 teams you picked players from lose you get 2.5x your captains score)
    So the captain needs to be on a losing side and if you have losing players in 3 other teams you get 3 x 0.5 captains score to take it up to 2.5?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:43 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    So the captain needs to be on a losing side and if you have losing players in 3 other teams you get 3 x 0.5 captains score to take it up to 2.5?

Your 13 players need to come from 6 different teams
    1 of QLD / NSW Women
    1 of Tonga / NZ Women
    1 of Tonga / NZ men
    1 of PNG / Fiji men
    1 of Samoa / Cook Islands men
    1 of NSW / QLD men

Captain gets a bonus multiplier of 0.5 for each of those 6 teams that lose
    So captain will score between 1x his score (if all your teams win) and 4x his score (if all your teams lose)

Lets assume you pick players from QLD Men + Women, Tonga men + Women, Fiji and Samoa, and have Munster as captain
    NSW win both men + women. NZ win men + women, PNG beat Fiji and Samoa beat the Cook Islands
    You'll get 3.5x Munster's score (5 of the 6 teams you picked from lost, so 5 x 0.5, or 2.5x bonus for captain, add that to his normal score you get just for having him for a 3.5x captain)

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 am