NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 40 - Gamble vs Walker Punchable face showdown.

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 40 - Gamble vs Walker Punchable face showdown. - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 40 - Gamble vs Walker Punchable face showdown.

Post by robelgordo Sat May 07, 2022 4:19 am

Loomer wrote:

If Turbo had bottomed out he wouldn't have a BE of 80. Of course he could score 80 but his best score so far is 51 with a try 7TBs and 289 run metres.

It's very risky on a player with injury history just back. I waited a few games before jumping on Cleary but he doesn't look as affected by the scoring changes.

Me: he’s not quite bottomed out

You: he hasn’t bottomed out
    filthridden
    filthridden

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 40 - Gamble vs Walker Punchable face showdown. - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 40 - Gamble vs Walker Punchable face showdown.

Post by filthridden Sat May 07, 2022 4:21 am

Hoping Koula goes big. Starting him instead of taking the 15 points from Tass.
    Having a miserable round so hoping this is one piece of the shit puzzle that works out.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat May 07, 2022 4:21 am

robelgordo wrote:

He’s starting as well

So he is...the previous posts saying Burbo starting 2fr I thought he was the one replacing Schuster
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat May 07, 2022 4:24 am

Going Koula over Coates on a hunch

It’s a low budget version of Mulvys Turbo or Teddy play
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat May 07, 2022 4:26 am

BTurbo had a howler off the bench last week and now gets promoted to a starting spot?
    Turbo brothers in contract renewal talks or something?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 07, 2022 4:26 am

robelgordo wrote:Going Koula over Coates on a hunch

It’s a low budget version of Mulvys Turbo or Teddy play

Would you play Coates, Koula or Thompson. I've got Thompson currently.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 07, 2022 4:27 am

Regulator wrote:

Because most of the Crusaders talent come from within the region, or you're looking at other New Zealanders, or islanders moving there. That and they've been the best franchise Rugby team in the world pretty much since a couple of years after the dawn of professional rugby. It's like getting to the Storm but better, if you get into the Crusaders, your chances of going on to higher honours grow big time. It has been the best Rugby breeding ground in the world for about 25 years.

Whole different story to trying to lure Australians to move to New Zealand, and not even Auckland but a substantially smaller, significantly colder city, where your sport is significantly less important and the team you're playing for has none of those benefits. You're basically downgrading in every way except money because they'd overpay Aussies like the Warriors, or they take a punt on guys hoping for an opportunity they aren't getting elsewhere at the NRL level.
    Christchurch isn't a tiny town, is roughly the same size as Newcastle and Canberra but has better weather than Canberra. For playing professional league, I would rather be in a reasonable climate, instead of playing in 30-40 degree heat with high humidity
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat May 07, 2022 4:27 am

filthridden wrote:BTurbo had a howler off the bench last week and now gets promoted to a starting spot?
    Turbo brothers in contract renewal talks or something?

They just have no one left to play edge, isn’t it

Haumole, Schu, Lawton, Davey all unavailable. Reckon Parker might’ve given it a crack but he’s out too
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat May 07, 2022 4:29 am

Mulvy wrote:

Would you play Coates, Koula or Thompson. I've got Thompson currently.

Thompson probably the highest floor but also lowest ceiling? I don’t reckon you should be asking me, aren’t you 4th?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat May 07, 2022 4:30 am

Which position is more cursed:

TU Manly left edge
    TD Parra left wing
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 07, 2022 4:37 am

robelgordo wrote:

Thompson probably the highest floor but also lowest ceiling?

Yeah I think that's right. I don't think I'll risk a floor game of Koula/Coates.

robelgordo wrote:

I don’t reckon you should be asking me, aren’t you 4th?  

Haha, only for about five minutes.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Sat May 07, 2022 4:38 am

mattnz wrote:
    Christchurch isn't a tiny town, is roughly the same size as Newcastle and Canberra but has better weather than Canberra. For playing professional league, I would rather be in a reasonable climate, instead of playing in 30-40 degree heat with high humidity

I'm very familiar with Christchurch given I have family there.

Canberra of course has players lining up to sign there lol. There's a reason they have done a lot of recruitment from the UK.

Let's of course also ignore the majority of the comp.

Fact is, as we see in migration numbers, few Australians want to move to New Zealand, and of course, the same is not true the other way.

How many Australian players are going to want to move to Christchurch, to a colder climate, smaller city, different country, away from friends and family, to a club with nothing going for it?

We already have the Warriors, in a much bigger city (literally ranked among the top few most liveable cities in the world) who struggle to lure Australian talent without overpaying them, or taking flyers on guys who aren't getting a shot. The Warriors are in a much better position to sign players than Christchurch would be.

Meanwhile, the grass roots systems and pathways in New Zealand are horrible, and the Warriors have struggled to produce many star players of their own over the last decade, so how is a second going to fare?

There's a giant difference between getting good Australian league talent to go from Sydney or Queensland to Christchurch, vs getting a Union player in New Zealand to move elsewhere in New Zealand to play for a franchise that churns out more elite Rugby players than anywhere on earth. The Crusaders are a privilege any union player would want to play for, a Christchurch league team would be a last resort or cash grab for any league player.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Sat May 07, 2022 4:41 am

Kapow played edge one season, too fat for it now.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sat May 07, 2022 4:47 am

Im back, just caught up, 5:46am here what better breakfast than tigers sea eagles

Jackson Hastings masterclass incoming
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat May 07, 2022 4:47 am

Im not a fan of the nrl expanding. Ideally, i am, but the reality is i dont see it working. The main problem is the NRL's driving reason for doing it is more TV dollars.

If they were serious about growing the game with a long term view then theyd make more of an effort to treat international league like more than just an afterthought

Last edited by my tv broke on Sat May 07, 2022 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat May 07, 2022 4:48 am

2nd NZ team they would have to look at seriously incentivising player movement/retention in some way for both NZ sides. Like give the teams extra salary cap or something.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat May 07, 2022 4:49 am

my tv broke wrote:Im not a fan of the nrl expanding. Ideally, i am, but the reality is i dont see it working. The main problem is the NRL's driving reason for doing it is more TV dollars.

If they were serious about growing the game with a long term view then theyd make more of an effort to treat international league like more of an afterthought

They seem to think just throwing in more teams = more money.

The idea of the NRLW expanding to several more teams is ridiculous. Got to build the talent pool over time or there will be a gulf between the top teams and those being dealt a hiding week in week out.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat May 07, 2022 4:50 am

my tv broke wrote:Im not a fan of the nrl expanding. Ideally, i am, but the reality is i dont see it working. The main problem is the NRL's driving reason for doing it is more TV dollars.

If they were serious about growing the game with a long term view then theyd make more of an effort to treat international league like more of an afterthought

Yeah it’s about growing the NRL revenue not growing rugby league. Which is understandable but would be good to do both
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat May 07, 2022 4:53 am

robelgordo wrote:2nd NZ team they would have to look at seriously incentivising player movement/retention in some way for both NZ sides. Like give the teams extra salary cap or something.

Agree but its still just not that easy. Young league players are still just kids. Their parents want them nearby and the players (teenagers or early 20s) want to be where its cool to be, or where their friends are.

Move to christchurch? Waaay harder than moving to sydney from bris, or vice versa
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sat May 07, 2022 4:55 am

Just an outsider observation but wouldn’t expanding too the under done parts of Australia make more sense,

There is no rugby league in perth, or Adelaide,

Also tbh I’d have thought another QLD, non brisbane team would be more viable than anywhere else,

That said struggles of new teams comes down to administration and coaching for me, the lack of Craig Bellamys to shape a club over 20 years is probably what holds back new franchises

One side note I hope they don’t eventually go to conference system

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:22 am