NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours?

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours? - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours?

Post by wolfking Wed May 04, 2022 12:13 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Should I go ahead and do Haas to Lolo and Jones to Tass? Would leave 374k spare and 

Grant
    Lolo Arrow M. King
    Talakai Tago
    Cleary Hastings
    Penisini May
    Teddy Pap Hynes

Starling Angus Schneider Koula
    Ilias Tass Edrick Billy Smith 

Team before trades and 17k spare is:

Grant
    Haas M. King Arrow
    Talakai Tago
    Cleary Hastings
    Penisini May
    Teddy Pap Hynes

Starling Angus Schneider Jones
    Ilias Koula Edrick Billy Smith 

Thoughts please lads?

I wouldn't be sold on trading Haas if he's only out a week.

Tass keeping the spot mate? That trade is a goer.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours? - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours?

Post by Mulvy Wed May 04, 2022 12:17 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Tempted to do Fifita to Crichton even though I’d prefer Lolo cos it allows me to trade Lee to Elliot and my bench looks stronger. If I trade Ilias instead I can get Teddy instead of Angus though and I feel like Teddy is more must have. Arghhh this week going my head in

I'm tempted on Crichton too, but I've been burned in the past. If you prefer Lolo, get Lolo. He's going great really. Has had fuck all attacking stats, try saves, turnovers, not even many offloads. Could go boom at any time if he gets some of these. Not sure Lee is a trade out is he? Haven't been following closely. As you would have noticed, I'm not sure about Elliott either, so no help there. Teddy is a decent buy though.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed May 04, 2022 12:18 pm

wolfking wrote:

I wouldn't be sold on trading Haas if he's only out a week.

Tass keeping the spot mate?  That trade is a goer.
    I know but Haas won’t play round 13 either and have you seen the latest news gonna come out soon could be in trouble again. I’m ranked just inside top 800 don’t wanna stuff it up so I’m a bit frazzled.

Other option is Jones to Tass and Penisini to TPJ/Jackson? 3k short of being able to do Penisini to Lolo,
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed May 04, 2022 12:19 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

even before SC introduced it this year, you could still do the following:

Let's take three players, A, B and C.

* Assume that you own players A and B, and want to buy player C.
    * Also assume that player C plays before players A and B

What you can do, is trade A to C, then after C has locked out (but before either A and B lock out), you can trade B to A, which would then update the trade as if you had traded B to C initially and not cost you an extra trade to do it.

It seemingly isn't a feature in fantasy, but it should be IMO

Tbey can't even make the app not crash while you're using it haha if they made this feature my phone would die
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed May 04, 2022 12:21 pm

Getting tass seems right but leaves me tass Billy smith and koula in emgs which makes me feel weird

Trades of fifita and jones to tass ipap leaves this

Randall
    Lolo haas ipap
    Crichton tuilagi
    Cleary Hastings
    May aitken
    Papy hynes crichton

Starling Schneider ilias Mking

tass Koula Thompson bsmith

Last edited by mintotheimmortal on Wed May 04, 2022 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed May 04, 2022 12:22 pm

my tv broke wrote:

that sounds kind of fun.

anyway i mentioned it last week or so, but i'm convinced NRL Fantasy will be wrapped up as soon as whatever current contracts are in place end and NRL will just officially partner/push Supercoach. Sad.

Ew. I genuinely hate SC. Will unlikely play it (not that make any money off me anyway!)
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Wed May 04, 2022 12:24 pm

$10 doordash voucher i’m eating well tonight!

Wait that just covers the delivery fee.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 04, 2022 12:25 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

To be honest I wanted to see how the team looked if I was to trade in IPap and Tuilagi (Keeper and a value pick)
    It kinda grew on me.
    A couple other combos I was playing with was

Russian roullette = Crichton + Tedesco (May out )
    Bye sexual         = Schuster + Jackson (May playing)

A crazier one over 2 weeks would be Wilton,Penisini,May out
    Tuilagi,Teddy and TTrbo in
    It would be fun to watch

Have options but looking over the players I still think there is value in tuilagi, tass looks good as a cheapie too assuming he stays put
    I am going to not gamble on the risky options now and get 2 good steady players to fill the 17 and sit tight
    Steady gains rather than worrying about minutes/role/job security
    Will get that anyways but not going to waste trades on that now with the byes so close

They're great trades. I always get hung up on byes and would find it hard to do. But the trades on their own merits seem very sound.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed May 04, 2022 12:30 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I'm tempted on Crichton too, but I've been burned in the past. If you prefer Lolo, get Lolo. He's going great really. Has had fuck all attacking stats, try saves, turnovers, not even many offloads. Could go boom at any time if he gets some of these. Not sure Lee is a trade out is he? Haven't been following closely. As you would have noticed, I'm not sure about Elliott either, so no help there. Teddy is a decent buy though.

My main trade outs are Fifita obviously,Jones possibly and the rest are all slow burning cows. Ilias had potential whereas someone like Lee is expendable I think as I also have Koula and Vailea as cover. Coates is still in my 17 as well so when the tries dry up again he will become another headache. I can only afford one of Lolo,Teddy or Angus this week so I’m stuck which way to go
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Wed May 04, 2022 12:34 pm

my tv broke wrote:

that sounds kind of fun.

anyway i mentioned it last week or so, but i'm convinced NRL Fantasy will be wrapped up as soon as whatever current contracts are in place end and NRL will just officially partner/push Supercoach. Sad.

Why don’t you pitch to NRL to run it for them.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 04, 2022 12:35 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:Getting tass seems right but leaves me tass Billy smith and koula in emgs which makes me feel weird

Trades of fifita and jones to tass ipap leaves this

Randall
    Lolo haas ipap
    Crichton tuilagi
    Cleary Hastings
    May aitken
    Papy hynes crichton

Starling Schneider ilias Mking

tass Koula Thompson bsmith

Look like good trades. Certainly you'd like a better reserve in your nprs, but worry about that later. Neither are rd13 but good trades in any case.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 04, 2022 12:36 pm

wolfking wrote:Can anyone see the best way for me to get Hastings?  Probably gonna keep Cook, that was crazy talk I think....is it?  My team;

Cook
    Ming Yeo Jing
    Fermor Aitken
    Cleary Schneider
    Tago Penis
    Pap Scritta Hynes

Randall Starling Burton Nanai

Ilias Leo Koula Vailea

Only 5K in the bank.

A.  Cook and Ilias to Tolo and Hastings (again probably dumb selling Cook)

B. Ilias and Schneider to Tass and Hastings (lose a round 13 player though)

C. Penis and Ilias to Tass and Hastings. (Dont like selling Penis though)

Trying to gun for round 13 but Hastings a must by the looks.  B is probably the smart play here regardless of 13. But if I'm missing something any thoughts would be grand.  Can't do much with Jing as Leo my only MID cover.  Tough one.

Mulvy, I would love your expertise on my thoughts this week, if possible please.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 04, 2022 12:37 pm

danseels1985 wrote:

My main trade outs are Fifita obviously,Jones possibly and the rest are all slow burning cows. Ilias had potential whereas someone like Lee is expendable I think as I also have Koula and Vailea as cover. Coates is still in my 17 as well so when the tries dry up again he will become another headache. I can only afford one of Lolo,Teddy or Angus this week so I’m stuck which way to go

They're all buys. Go with your gut.

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2022 12:40 pm

Mulvy wrote:

They're great trades. I always get hung up on byes and would find it hard to do. But the trades on their own merits seem very sound.

Cheers, but they are popular for a reason so hardly groundbreaking
    I will probably not grab Ipap now and grab around rd14 and maybe use Schneider/Mking to acheive this

Though its a fun experiment to see how the cash can be used, Tuilagi is still a good buy and scoring alright $$$ to points
    Assuming he scores 45 would be a useful depth/second bye player for the rest of the season assuming he stays fit

You are right about the byes, its hard when you have 2 fallen guns cheap but a bye a few weeks away
    Bye points are straight up game changers if you can time your trades well

mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed May 04, 2022 12:42 pm

wolfking wrote:

Mulvy, I would love your expertise on my thoughts this week, if possible please.

I’m no mulvy but the fact you have burton i reckon a centre is expendable for Hastings I also think Schneider has peaked more so than ilias who has more growth potential. Assuming Schneider also loses GK. If you combine Schneider and penis how much do you have does anything with hastinfs pop up? If not keen on selling a good performing penis I’d go B (no bye round consideration in my thoughts)
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed May 04, 2022 12:45 pm

Tookey wrote:

Crichton & Teddy but depends on your team's depth.

Agreed especially if you want to capitalise on pre origin / bye scoring.

But imo I think only Teddy is worth the time of the 2.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed May 04, 2022 12:48 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Asi, 35 points in his first game, after one training session with the warriors

CHT out for 3/4 weeks,
    Kodi nikorima immediate release to south’s (has played his last game)

Playing half but listed as ctr/wfb
    Plays rd 13

Price 316$

Break even 12 (approx)

I have used so many trades but boy am I tempted by him,

Potential cash cow,

Passed my eye test,

Anyone else tempted to gamble?

Mattnz where are ye?

He'll be in the 17 going forward either at 6 or CYR. Warriors CTRs are poos
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 04, 2022 12:50 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

I’m no mulvy but the fact you have burton i reckon a centre is expendable for Hastings I also think Schneider has peaked more so than ilias who has more growth potential. Assuming Schneider also loses GK. If you combine Schneider and penis how much do you have does anything with hastinfs pop up? If not keen on selling a good performing penis I’d go B (no bye round consideration in my thoughts)

Thanks man. Can afford maybe Hastings and perhaps Tuilagi for Penis and Schneider. Which isn't bad but yeah gut feel now is Penis centre keeper material, just about. I know what you mean by all the centres though.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 04, 2022 12:57 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:

He'll be in the 17 going forward either at 6 or CYR. Warriors CTRs are poos

My thoughts, guess I can wait a week and see how he does in their next match, still gonna have room to get him if he is as good as he looked first up

Might be less involved this week, may get more touches and more plays as he’s more familiar

Definitely not urgent, just throwing his name out there for input and fair critics
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 04, 2022 12:59 pm

Seeing a few saying they'll trade May straight out IF he's not in the 17 on game day this week. I'd be inclined to put Koula in my playing centres this week and wait another week on May, because there are several questions that won't be answered until then:

1) Is May not playing because he's had flu or because Staines is actually preferred to him?

2) If May is still out next week, does Koula look a playable alternative in the Tom version of the Manly team?

3) Are there any potential boom <400k centres who could generate enough cash from a May trade for me to go Schneider or Coates to TTrbo? What does Asi look like in his second game?

If the answers to 2 & 3 are "no", could then straight trade May to Burton and figure out another route to Trbo, but either way waiting a week for further info seems harmless.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:44 am