NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours?

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours? - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours?

Post by wolfking Wed May 04, 2022 9:33 pm

Jumping straight on Turbo is mighty bold mate. I'd want to see him get through a game but could pay off if he comes out of the gates firing.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours? - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours?

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed May 04, 2022 9:39 pm

Mulvy big Balls mate, your doing so well could make or break ya Im gonna hang on to him, grabbing Turbo is a bold move.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 04, 2022 9:40 pm

Mulvy wrote:I'm still leaning towards a bold punt of trading Haas out. Missing two out of the next five and playing busted. It's a punt and don't recommend it for everyone, but I think I have a trade or two more than average. Current team:

Cook
    Haas Lolo Ming
    Ipap Tuilagi
    Cleary Hastings
    Burton Tago
    Pappy Hynes Coates

Starling Nanai Schneider Jones

Ilias Taafe Koula Thompson 134k 24 trades

Jones is obviously a problem, Coates is a risk in the 17 and I'm getting less confident with Schneider.

I'm considering Haas -> TPJ, frees up cash and plays two extra games in the next five weeks. Allows Jones to Turbo. I like the idea of getting a head start on him. Luxury for a fantasy coach not generating enough cash though... Would leave:

Cook
    Lolo TPJ Ming
    Ipap Tuilagi
    Cleary Hastings
    Burton Tago
    Pappy Hynes Turbo

Starling Nanai Schneider Thompson

Ilias Coates Taaffe Koula

Gun 13, but bench a bit weak. Happy to play Thompson in the 17 this week though. Only leaves 35k though and then I'll find myself wanting to upgrade Thompson with no real pathway. Although Coates wouldn't be too far off being able to cash in.

Another option is Teddy instead of Turbo. Means I have 126k for further upgrades.

Third option was do the Haas to TPJ and Jones to Turbo trade, but delay TPJ for one week and bring in Elliott instead. Frees up a wad of cash so Thompson/Ilias/Taafe could become TPJ next week. I'd be playing Elliott for the foreseeable future though.

Any thoughts welcome.

I like the idea of getting ahead on Turbo as a potentially season-defining move for someone in the top 100. You're effectively going Haas to Trbo and Jones to TPJ, which seems... big-balled but good?

I'm also trying to figure a route to Trbo in the next couple of weeks, but let's face it have no idea what his price will be after his 40 or 120 this week so getting him now would take any uncertainty out of it.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 04, 2022 9:40 pm

wolfking wrote:Jumping straight on Turbo is mighty bold mate.  I'd want to see him get through a game but could pay off if he comes out of the gates firing.

What was his injury again? Wasn't hammy was it?
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed May 04, 2022 9:42 pm

Mulvy wrote:

What was his injury again? Wasn't hammy was it?

I believe mcl
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 04, 2022 9:43 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

I believe mcl

Yeah, knee.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed May 04, 2022 9:44 pm

https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/status/1521785529196756993?s=21&t=LhmKDilkqXdt9L3XLH1Egw

#BREAKING Payne Haas is being sued by his former manager for over $200k, as explosive allegations emerge of a cover up for another off-field scandal, via
    @badel_cmail
    @brentread_7
    &
    @MCarayannis

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2022 9:50 pm

Mulvy wrote:I'm still leaning towards a bold punt of trading Haas out. Missing two out of the next five and playing busted. It's a punt and don't recommend it for everyone, but I think I have a trade or two more than average. Current team:

Cook
    Haas Lolo Ming
    Ipap Tuilagi
    Cleary Hastings
    Burton Tago
    Pappy Hynes Coates

Starling Nanai Schneider Jones

Ilias Taafe Koula Thompson 134k 24 trades

Jones is obviously a problem, Coates is a risk in the 17 and I'm getting less confident with Schneider.

I'm considering Haas -> TPJ, frees up cash and plays two extra games in the next five weeks. Allows Jones to Turbo. I like the idea of getting a head start on him. Luxury for a fantasy coach not generating enough cash though... Would leave:

Cook
    Lolo TPJ Ming
    Ipap Tuilagi
    Cleary Hastings
    Burton Tago
    Pappy Hynes Turbo

Starling Nanai Schneider Thompson

Ilias Coates Taaffe Koula

Gun 13, but bench a bit weak. Happy to play Thompson in the 17 this week though. Only leaves 35k though and then I'll find myself wanting to upgrade Thompson with no real pathway. Although Coates wouldn't be too far off being able to cash in.

Another option is Teddy instead of Turbo. Means I have 126k for further upgrades.

Third option was do the Haas to TPJ and Jones to Turbo trade, but delay TPJ for one week and bring in Elliott instead. Frees up a wad of cash so Thompson/Ilias/Taafe could become TPJ next week. I'd be playing Elliott for the foreseeable future though.

Any thoughts welcome.

Great looking team Mulvy

Having a little play tonight with trades. This is my team assuming May isn't playing so Koula starts for a week

Grant
    Lolo TPJ Ming
    Ipap Tuilagi
    Cleary Hastings
    Talakai Tago
    Pappy Hynes Koula

Starling Fermor Mahoney Cotter

Schneider Penisini Ilias Lee

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed May 04, 2022 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 04, 2022 9:51 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I like the idea of getting ahead on Turbo as a potentially season-defining move for someone in the top 100. You're effectively going Haas to Trbo and Jones to TPJ, which seems... big-balled but good?

I'm also trying to figure a route to Trbo in the next couple of weeks, but let's face it have no idea what his price will be after his 40 or 120 this week so getting him now would take any uncertainty out of it.

Yeah the fact I wrote a big long spiel about it, reveals my doubts about it. In 2020 when I was in the top 100 I wrote a spiel which included the name Wakeham. That didn't go so well. Turbo and TPJ are not Wakeham though. The safe play definitely grab Teddy instead (or not trade Haas in the first place). Frees up more cash, Turbo may still drop cash testing out his knee and high BE. Might even be a fairly cheap trade in a couple of weeks trading Coates to Turbo.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed May 04, 2022 9:54 pm

Finch wrote:https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/status/1521785529196756993?s=21&t=LhmKDilkqXdt9L3XLH1Egw

#BREAKING Payne Haas is being sued by his former manager for over $200k, as explosive allegations emerge of a cover up for another off-field scandal, via
    @badel_cmail
    @brentread_7
    &
    @MCarayannis
    Yep saw this but couldn’t read the article. Seems to have covered up something and did not tell the Broncos and now his old manager is bringing it up.

Still seems like there is potential that Haas could be suspended if he breached rules.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 04, 2022 9:55 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah the fact I wrote a big long spiel about it, reveals my doubts about it. In 2020 when I was in the top 100 I wrote a spiel which included the name Wakeham. That didn't go so well. Turbo and TPJ are not Wakeham though. The safe play definitely grab Teddy instead (or not trade Haas in the first place). Frees up more cash, Turbo may still drop cash testing out his knee and high BE. Might even be a fairly cheap trade in a couple of weeks trading Coates to Turbo.

In your position, I don't think I could go Turbo right away. I'd feel way more comfortable with Ted. However, there's a reason you're ranked where you are.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 04, 2022 9:59 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Great looking team Mulvy

Having a little play tonight with trades. This is my team assuming May isn't playing so Koula starts for a week

Grant
    Lolo TPJ Ming
    Ipap Tuilagi
    Cleary Hastings
    Talakai Tago
    Pappy Hynes Koula

Starling Fermor Mahoney Cotter

Schneider Penisini Ilias Lee

Nice, your team value starting to make good things happen. Should fly up the rankings. What's the plan with Koula? Watch and wait on Turbo?
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed May 04, 2022 10:01 pm

Is Scrichton to Teddy this week a good upgrade
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 04, 2022 10:02 pm

Community team captaincy/lineup poll

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1963-r9-lineup
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed May 04, 2022 10:04 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:Is Scrichton to Teddy this week a good upgrade

I may be doing similar, but instead May to Teddy (if To'o bumps him out)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 04, 2022 10:06 pm

wolfking wrote:

In your position, I don't think I could go Turbo right away.  I'd feel way more comfortable with Ted.  However, there's a reason you're ranked where you are.

Cleary, Crichton and Teddy are all proven guns who started the year shit and you just know they are gonna go bang at some point. It happened last week for the latter two. I was lucky enough to grab Cleary the week he went boom and flew up the rankings. I kinda dislike owning Teddy in the lead up to origin, always seems to get a decent rest. And not that draws really matter that much with these guys, but Teddy's draw sucks and Turbo's is quite good.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed May 04, 2022 10:08 pm

Tempted to do Fifita to Crichton even though I’d prefer Lolo cos it allows me to trade Lee to Elliot and my bench looks stronger. If I trade Ilias instead I can get Teddy instead of Angus though and I feel like Teddy is more must have. Arghhh this week going my head in
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed May 04, 2022 10:10 pm

Should I go ahead and do Haas to Lolo and Jones to Tass? Would leave 374k spare and 

Grant
    Lolo Arrow M. King
    Talakai Tago
    Cleary Hastings
    Penisini May
    Teddy Pap Hynes

Starling Angus Schneider Koula
    Ilias Tass Edrick Billy Smith 

Team before trades and 17k spare is:

Grant
    Haas M. King Arrow
    Talakai Tago
    Cleary Hastings
    Penisini May
    Teddy Pap Hynes

Starling Angus Schneider Jones
    Ilias Koula Edrick Billy Smith 

Thoughts please lads?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 04, 2022 10:11 pm

AL wrote:

He got the 3 Dally M points so can’t have been a complete spud. Surely Ricky takes that in to account when dishing out his minutes.

He’s my Talakai lol!

Edit: Loomer’s on the bus with me.

I'm planning to hop on the bus next week, don't have enough trades left this week to afford the fare

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2022 10:12 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Nice, your team value starting to make good things happen. Should fly up the rankings. What's the plan with Koula? Watch and wait on Turbo?

To be honest I wanted to see how the team looked if I was to trade in IPap and Tuilagi (Keeper and a value pick)
    It kinda grew on me.
    A couple other combos I was playing with was

Russian roullette = Crichton + Tedesco (May out )
    Bye sexual         = Schuster + Jackson (May playing)

A crazier one over 2 weeks would be Wilton,Penisini,May out
    Tuilagi,Teddy and TTrbo in
    It would be fun to watch

Have options but looking over the players I still think there is value in tuilagi, tass looks good as a cheapie too assuming he stays put
    I am going to not gamble on the risky options now and get 2 good steady players to fill the 17 and sit tight
    Steady gains rather than worrying about minutes/role/job security
    Will get that anyways but not going to waste trades on that now with the byes so close

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed May 04, 2022 10:17 pm; edited 3 times in total

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:15 pm