NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun.

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun. - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun.

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:42 pm

B/L wrote:Kevvie,.staggs & Reynolds just ended Talakai.

Rush up on the edge get in his face and he has got nothing. Will be a blueprint for teams moving forward.

Any normal centre would have scored that try at the end but because he is too slow he got chased down and held up. 

Also Wade Graham is cooked. Sharks would be better off if he retired and left Wilton in his place.

Only agree with your last sentence
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun. - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun.

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:43 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Hard to say hey.

They also had Graham play 24 mins off the bench on left edge, not an interchnage that would regularly happen, guessing he starts playing 80 pretty quickly (ie in normal roations thatd be a middle forward)

Yeah fair point, I guess in a more typical setup they have 3 mids and a utility rather than 2 mids an edge and a utility. One to keep an eye on though in case Fitzgibbon thinks Wilton, Graham and Nikita are all too good to leave out and we see a Panthers style jobshare.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:45 pm

wolfking wrote:

Unfortunately, he'll be injured or concussed before then.

He'll be this year's Turbo. People hold off on trading expecting an injury is just around the corner, all the while he keeps pumping out scores.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:46 pm

Is NRL correct re Carrigans return round 12? I thought he was only a ~four week injury which would have him back maybe next week. If hes back it makes it easier to give Haas a rest.

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:46 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Yeah fair point, I guess in a more typical setup they have 3 mids and a utility rather than 2 mids an edge and a utility. One to keep an eye on though in case Fitzgibbon thinks Wilton, Graham and Nikita are all too good to leave out and we see a Panthers style jobshare.

Fully fit:

Rudolf
    Brailey
    Finucane
    Nikora
    Graham
    McInnis

Tracey/Talakai
    Wilton
    Tolman
    BHU/Hunt/AFifita
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:47 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Ok but 4 weeks ago what’s the Sharks strength - the side with Talakai and Wilton (subbing for Treacy and Graham) or the side with established stars Ramien and Nikora?

Didn’t watch the game so can’t talk on the specific flow of this match but it’s pretty clear to me that Sharks are going to play both sides of the field

The Sharks changed direction multiple time in their sets to break up the Broncos defence, there wasn't much spreading it out wide to either side of the field.
    Very different gameplay from how they played last week (moving from side to side). Maybe this was the strategy they were going with, who knows? In any case it wasn't working, maybe the absence of Finucane caused their lack of cohesion?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:50 pm

Talakai a bit underwhelming but I’ll cop it on the chin. Could still have a big few weeks coming.

Certainly Matt talking him up like a God and the best player in last 20 years was such a silly comment I did get a laugh out of it though a good laugh.

Trading out Hynes who will be close to if not top WFB scorer this year was a turn towards running your season off the road though and into the abyss tbh......... you just don’t do that.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:56 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:I think Matt could be lurking, there are a few downvotes coming through here!!
    I don’t think Matt is one who generally downvotes.
    I think he used to be, but not so much recently.
    Perhaps he is maturing.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:01 pm

Being at the game I’ll add some perspective that maybe wasn’t there on TV:

Talakai was swarmed every time he got the ball starting from his 1st carry. He still had a few powerful runs but the majority were tough sledding especially coming out of their own end which has normally been a strength for the sharks back 5. He started seeking softer defence in Reynolds/walters to try and get on the front foot rather than aggressively taking what was in front of him.

With 20 mins to go he was completely out of gas. There was 1 play where he was 15m behind the play and the sharks would have had an easy overlap if he was still running. Other times the shape was awful and I had most of that as a function of looking at him and Kennedy ambling along.

The play where he got held up he would have scored in the 1st half. He was left a huge hole to run into but was looking for the pass and wasn’t running aggressively. Was still a great tackle but normally I’d back talakai every time to score from there.

I still think he’a an absolute weapon and he’ll be better for this game and learning from it.

From a team perspective a lot of ball died with Kennedy or made it to a well marked CTR/winger with no space and some great 1 on 1 tackling. Think coaches have figured out a bit of a blueprint and it’s working. If you just keep marking on Talatalo and force Kennedy to to beat you with the half gap rather than Talakai it’s nowhere near as threatening. Like I said a lot of ball died with Kennedy.

TLDR: Was at the game. Apart from a few runs in broken play talakai was smashed. Was gassed early and still scored 30 even when Kennedy wasn’t effective inside him. Seems like an absolute floor game.

Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:04 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Being at the game I’ll add some perspective that maybe wasn’t there on TV:

Talakai was swarmed every time he got the ball starting from his 1st carry. He still had a few powerful runs but the majority were tough sledding especially coming out of their own end which has normally been a strength for the sharks back 5. He started seeking softer defence in Reynolds/walters to try and get on the front foot rather than aggressively taking what was in front of him.

With 20 mins to go he was completely out of gas. There was 1 play where he was 15m behind the play and the sharks would have had an easy overlap if he was still running. Other times the shape was awful and I had most of that as a function of looking at him and Kennedy ambling along.

The play where he got held up he would have scored in the 1st half. He was left a huge hole to run into but was looking for the pass and wasn’t running aggressively. Was still a great tackle but normally I’d back talakai every time to score from there.

I still think he’a an absolute weapon and he’ll be better for this game and learning from it.

From a team perspective a lot of ball died with Kennedy or made it to a well marked CTR/winger with no space and some great 1 on 1 tackling. Think coaches have figured out a bit of a blueprint and it’s working. If you just keep marking on Talatalo and force Kennedy to to beat you with the half gap rather than Talakai it’s nowhere near as threatening. Like I said a lot of ball died with Kennedy.

TLDR: Was at the game. Apart from a few runs in broken play talakai was smashed. Was gassed early and still scored 30 even when Kennedy wasn’t effective inside him. Seems like an absolute floor game.

Post more Smile
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:05 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I just got one. Maybe I'm just a cunt. Last time I got one, someone got banned..... Very Happy I agree the forum is a much better place with Matt in it. I get some of my best ideas from him.

Seriously though, Matt didn't shut up for days over a week. Crapped on incessantly to the point of nausea. Mods had to give him his own thread for it. His trades were terrible. He can cop it for a few days in my opinion. You can't brag relentlessly and then not cop it in return when you are found out.
    I’m a stubborn fucker.
    I probably would’ve got Talakai weeks ago if not for Matt.
    I’ve resisted to my detriment.
    It’s time for more beers.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:12 pm

I'm not sure how Walters is still in my team, after his performance tonight he has extended his stay again. Rolling Eyes
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:12 pm

Talakai might have the skills for the centres but was gassed early second half from making 3 tackles and 80m, often missing out the back and not keeping up with the play. Has to be some doubt if he can handle 80 mins week in week out in the backs fitness wise.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:15 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Being at the game I’ll add some perspective that maybe wasn’t there on TV:

Thanks for the perspective Ranta! That play where he was behind the others in the second half was evident on the nine broadcast at least. Agree ball died with Kennedy a lot, seemed to be a combination of factors. I thought Broncos defence was good, and Graham clunky, but I think it's too early to put him out to pasture just yet. He'll be better for the run, hopefully keeps his brain safe.

Also, post more
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:17 pm

Someone hit a bruvva up with Royce Hunts potential BE next week pls.

Broncos got the weekend off to a cunt of a start, f#*k the world.

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun. - Page 16 Giphy

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:18 pm

Revraiser wrote:Someone hit a bruvva up with Royce Hunts potential BE next week pls.

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun. - Page 16 Giphy

Broncos ruined my weekend multi and its not even Friday
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:21 pm

Revraiser wrote:Someone hit a bruvva up with Royce Hunts potential BE next week pls.

Price 278k, BE 7 (approx)

I know it's Butters but this is actually pretty good: https://app.rugbyleaguefantasypro.com/fantasy/price-forecast
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:22 pm

Yeah footytabs done already. Slow start to fantasy. Some gloating, some drowning sorrows.. Rabbits throwing haymakers...
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:24 pm

Did Rabbits21 survive the pre-round stress? Can someone check up on him?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:28 pm

Chewie wrote:Did Rabbits21 survive the pre-round stress? Can someone check up on him?

Got a couple of coke no sugars in and he was all good

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 pm