NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 36 - Battle of Hastings...Jazz vs Cheese

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 36 - Battle of Hastings...Jazz vs Cheese - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 36 - Battle of Hastings...Jazz vs Cheese

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:33 pm

Haha based on that reaction to my suggestion there aren't any fans

Lets be honest the only reason people are trading in hastings, talakai or Tevaga is because of Mat
    Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 36 - Battle of Hastings...Jazz vs Cheese - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 36 - Battle of Hastings...Jazz vs Cheese

Post by Jack Torrance Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:34 pm

robelgordo wrote:

You reckon? Interesting. Tossing up punting him or Mann this week. Maybe it should be neither.

I'll hold my hands up here - maybe I dont know how to 'fantasy' any more. I don't understand the multiple posts of trading him out. EDG is a rough position this year. He plays 13. Perfectly playable imo.

Now he'll score 19 and I'll look silly. I've planted my flag anyway

Edit- re Nanai
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:37 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Just read that kamickmika (sp.) has been cleared to play again,

Great news for him, less so for josh kings minutes,

Def be looking to cash him out in near future
    Great thanks, makes Cheese unlikely to get another 70 minute game all season too.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:39 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Don't think that's fair mate. A lot of people are high on Hastings and wanted to see his role after the suspension. Jazz with good fantasy pedigree at LK, underpriced, plays the bye and some security with Curran/Harris a few weeks off. Not every player Matt gets high on is an overestimated pick.

I voted for both those guys and wasn't influenced by Matt at all.

Barely been on the forum since last week and wasn't aware everyone else is bringing in the same two I am but no surprise. Thought Jazz might fly under the radar but Curran's injury probably brought more attention to him.

I'm trading out Nanai (seems a popular choice to trade out) and Mann (is anyone else doing the same? Seems like he's peaked with a high BE)
    Cool Runnings
    Cool Runnings

Post by Cool Runnings Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:39 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Haha based on that reaction to my suggestion there aren't any fans

Lets be honest the only reason people are trading in hastings, talakai or Tevaga is because of Mat

No, can’t say that applies to me.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:47 pm

Boozecluez wrote:I would like to formally nominate Matt to look after the community team for the rest of the year
    As he is making all trade decisions now for the community, both Tevaga and Hastings.
    I can only imagine playing spot the mini or beetle with him in the car growing up, the arm would be blue for his spotting ability

Good to see you coming out swinging so I can finally call you on it, rather than the continual not so subtle jabs for weeks on end, both this season and last.

i.e. How did that Lolo to Madden trade work out for you Matt? Just asking "out of interest".

Some decisions will work out, some won't. I am happy to voice an opinion here. Anyone else can assess if they think my thoughts are on the mark or not. I am not making the trades  for anyone, just presenting ideas.

Some will work, some won't, great to have Captain Hindsight on the case in case any of them happen to not go as well as hoped!
    In between the duds there may just be the odd gem that others find useful and wouldn't have otherwise been on their radar.

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 36 - Battle of Hastings...Jazz vs Cheese - Page 10 Giphy

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:48 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Haha based on that reaction to my suggestion there aren't any fans

Maybe, maybe not...For what it's worth I have had a good look at those two players and they seem to fit my particular set of circumstances pretty well. The fact that they are flavour of the week is one of the negative factors for me Laughing

Hastings....trading out Burton for better or worse and Hastings seems to be doing what Burton was meant to be doing for less (don't necessarily need Burton's CTR cover)

Jazz...tiring of Mann's 30-40 scores (plus now losing $$) and if you filter MIDs available for under $600k, Jazz sticks out

I like to have lots of cover in all positions and these two fit that bill while providing a bit of potential upside

Also voted for a different combination for the community team because these trades don't necessarily suit the setup
    poisoncup
    poisoncup

Post by poisoncup Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:54 pm

Out of curiosity, Matt - how many trades do you have left?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:56 pm

Jack Torrance wrote:

I'll hold my hands up here - maybe I dont know how to 'fantasy' any more. I don't understand the multiple posts of trading him out. EDG is a rough position this year. He plays 13. Perfectly playable imo.

Now he'll score 19 and I'll look silly. I've planted my flag anyway

Edit- re Nanai

TBF I’ve never known how to fantasy whereas you’re in the top 3-4 guys who have influenced me since I started here

Re Nanai was my intent to hold until about two weeks ago when crap scores including tries started spooking me. I guess he would only need to cut the demerits to look good for R13 tho. But if he stopped scoring tries as well… Will definitely think
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:58 pm

poisoncup wrote:Out of curiosity, Matt - how many trades do you have left?
    Have banked 1 so far. Started badly and needed to turn the ship around.
    Last 2 weeks have been round rank 1500 or so, so it is finally working. Have jumped from 15k rank to 6k in 2 weeks.
    Planning to likely go hard again next week, then hopefully not need to trade much for a while leading up to the byes, with a team that is competitive.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:01 pm

Holding back 4 trades until after the byes is a bit 'John Howard and his cashless social security payment'...Let the trade spunkers spunk I say
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:04 pm

Boozecluez wrote:This will be my team this week, 284k banked (Will be handy)
    Pretty settled with this until the bye, a lot of fun players to watch which is the modus operandi this year
    Will see how this translates to fantasy

Starling
    Taumalolo Cotter MKing
    Wilton Fermor
    Cleary (c) Schneider
    Talakai Tago
    Papenhuyzen Hynes May

Grant
    Mahoney
    Hastings
    Tevaga

Penisini
    Koula
    Ilias
    Lee
    Bloody hell, Booze,
    your team is filled with guns and none of the cruds having toi be played in your 17.
    I look at my Bludgers and think "we're going OK", until I see your set-up, and with nearly $300k+ ITB!!
    No wonder your are killing it.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:09 pm

I'm torn between just going with the gut - and my enjoyment of NRL - and picking up Talakai (still sooo salty that I reversed my trade before his banner game) to go with a shot of Hastings.
    But, the Jazz man does look tempting and I could be chasing last week's points.
    The other side is Talakai's obvious cash gen over the next 3 rounds - juicy match-ups aside. I know it feels like prostituting myself, but hey if you can't beat em, join em. 
    Randall & Mann > Talakai & Hastings (leaves no Hooker cover) 
    OR Same trade-outs and go Hastings & Jazz for a noice bank balance for future trades. 
    Thoughts from the wise ones...
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:10 pm

Aardvark wrote:Holding back 4 trades until after the byes is a bit 'John Howard and his cashless social security payment'...Let the trade spunkers spunk I say

My pre-election promise of saving trades in rounds 1-8 was only a non-core promise
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:11 pm

Khany wrote:

Get the impression he was only named cause the Knights are basically out of 2nd rowers atm
    Leo can play EDG correct?
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:16 pm

Tigers aren’t gunna keep this gravy train rolling forever, might end up putting me in the ‘too late’ column, but I’d want to see what his score in a loss looks like before committing to Hastings, whiffing on Sexton earlier in the year has put me on guard I guess
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:18 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Leo can play EDG correct?
    Discussion on the Knights forum was that he hasn't, but they think he should be able to, but unlikely for 80 minutes.
    Should have the foot speed required, was playing CTR in union when he was spotted by the Raiders and they converted him to a league front rower.
    I think he would do a good job there personally.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:18 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Got lucky with Koula getting a run (although that probably pushes the problem down the road) so he becomes my centre back up. Allows Burton to Hastings with no loss of cover....will probably regret in about three weeks but throws a bucket of water on my Burton rage

Yeah, I could use Burton to fund a WFB and play Koula at centre but then I have a weak centre with no back up, instead of a weak WFB3. And as others have pointed out, they are looking at Burton as a buy soon. Might as well keep him in my circumstance. Just need to figure who to play out of Taaffe, Coates, Koula.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:23 pm

Boozecluez wrote:I would like to formally nominate Matt to look after the community team for the rest of the year
    As he is making all trade decisions now for the community, both Tevaga and Hastings.
    I can only imagine playing spot the mini or beetle with him in the car growing up, the arm would be blue for his spotting ability
    WT Winfield wrote:
    Don't think that's fair mate. A lot of people are high on Hastings and wanted to see his role after the suspension. Jazz with good fantasy pedigree at LK, underpriced, plays the bye and some security with Curran/Harris a few weeks off. Not every player Matt gets high on is an overestimated pick.

I voted for both those guys and wasn't influenced by Matt at all.

I know people like laying the boot into matt because of his unconventional outlook. But also having a go at him when his views align with everyone else on the site seems a bit strange.

But this attack is especially uncalled for, seeing as matt has suggested 3 possible trade options for the community team, none of which are for Tevaga and Hastings

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:24 pm

To be honest I was just trying to stop the next 50 pages being about Hastings and tevaga
    50 more pages about justifying the trade ins with imagination
    50 more of why XYZ trades out are now crap
    It’s bad enough owning talakai and Wilton haha

Current date/time is Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:54 pm