NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 25 years without parole for Payne Haas

hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 25 years without parole for Payne Haas - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 25 years without parole for Payne Haas

Post by hymenbustas Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:44 pm

[quote="lukeayee"]

You’ve pretty much just defined what casual racism is.

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 25 years without parole for Payne Haas - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 25 years without parole for Payne Haas

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:46 pm

All this talk of squid game and I am craving a crunchie now
    #makehoneycombgreatagain
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:48 pm

Posting my team for advice. Not sure which direction to go from here. Maybe another perspective will help out.

Randall
    IPap Ming Mann
    Wilton Fifita
    Schneider Sexton
    Tago Burton
    Papi Crichton Hynes

Starling Nanai Jones Tuilagi
    Leo Amone Penisini Coates
    205k Itb

Thinking of doing 1 trade Amone to Walters or May but need Cleary in ASAP now that Haas is on the backburner.

To get Cleary in this week I could go Sexton to May, Fifi to Cleary but then Amone would have to stay and probably lose 50k...

Any advice would be appreciated 🙏
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:48 pm

lukeayee wrote:Yes, using the terms "squid games" when you are on the drink and see an asian makes you a racist (as a one off as well mind you).

lukeayee wrote:

There is a big difference between an akward joke with a racial undertone and being an actual racist.

You both obviously know Teddy so well, you are qualified to make a judgement on whether he is a racist or not.

I'm also sure neither of you have ever made an akward remark about somebody of another race.

Get over it.

Interesting take on the whole thing. When one is willing to make these comments towards another in public, then there's usually a pattern of behaviour.

Drinking alcohol is not a defence btw, love when that trope is rolled out though.

Do you know him quite well then? Genuinely interested since you're borderline implying you know him better than the above guys?

This and then the following investigation and treatment of the victim in this situation was classic from a person/organisation in power towards a person with little to no power.

So yes it is disgusting and yes they should have been punished more severely than they were.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:48 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Yes, using the terms "squid games" when you are on the drink and see an asian makes you a racist (as a one off as well mind you).

Good to see that Lukeayee agrees with everyone else.

But as Squid James is such a role model, it is totally appropriate for the Roosters to pretend nothing happened until they were forced to.

Its been said before but, it wasn't that bad and if they'd just apologised and moved on it would be forgotten by now. But they made the situation much worse by trying to cover it up and getting found out.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:51 pm

Hass "probably" won't miss this week, so he's still probably the pick for Captain sans Cleary. VC probably becomes pretty important (I had it on Randall just because he plays first) just in case. I've got the following options:

Pappy - Coming off a ton, could Mbye it.
    Hynes - Plays Sunday, could get hit by a bus before then
    Randall - Plays first (good), uninspiring (bad)
    Fifita - Can't do nothing 5 weeks in a row right? right???
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:53 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:BRING ON THE FOOTY
    Have you got Cleary mate? My fingers are twitchy..... might get him still. Would leave EMG’s of Leo, Ilias, Koula and Billy Smith though.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:53 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Look reality is that is a very minor incident when you consider what shit gets said in the general public on a normal week to week basis. The way it was handled was poor from Teddy and the Roosters for sure. It's a one off incident, he seems like one of the better blokes in league to be quite honest.

Not saying what he did wasn't wrong

Teddy was my favourite player. Now when I see him the word 'racist' immediately pops into mind and a feeling of disappointment.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:54 pm

robelgordo wrote:
    Feel like Walters probably scores more and hits a higher $ value, but it’s going to be much bumpier and less secure ride to get there. Does that sound like a reasonable summary? Any divergent views?

Walters scored 55 with no Arey. He played 59 mins half against Warriors for 14pts. I think he's probably going to go backwards soon enough
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:55 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Have you got Cleary mate? My fingers are twitchy..... might get him still. Would leave EMG’s of Leo, Ilias, Koula and Billy Smith though.

Fuck I wish mate. Can't fit him in this week as I'm getting Dyl Brown in but if Fifi keeps up this form he will be gone for Cleary either next week or the week after.

I don't see nothing wrong with those emergencies mate, Koula just out this week cause of short turnaround so you should have 3 green dots there.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:55 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

Not condoning racism in the slightest and yes what he said was bad.

But I reckon what was worse was the way they effectively gas lit the poor girl and made her out to be a liar after their "thorough investigation" in which they cleared him of any wrong doing, only for him to then admit it later.

Both the Roosters and Tedesco should have definitely copped more from the whole thing than they did.
    Haas needs to get himself to the Roosters ASAP. Teddy can teach him to be a role model, father, or whatever shit excuse they came up with! OJ’s lawyer would have been proud of that argument. Apparently you can be as racist as you like, just don’t pretend to hump a small dog or piss into your own mouth.

Last edited by The Pascoe Fiasco on Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:56 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

Interesting take on the whole thing. When one is willing to make these comments towards another in public, then there's usually a pattern of behaviour.

Drinking alcohol is not a defence btw, love when that trope is rolled out though.

Do you know him quite well then? Genuinely interested since you're borderline implying you know him better than the above guys?

This and then the following investigation and treatment of the victim in this situation was classic from a person/organisation in power towards a person with little to no power.

So yes it is disgusting and yes they should have been punished more severely than they were.

I don't know him, which is why im not prepared to persecute him over whats been described.

I have said things to friends of different races which under the same microscope would label me a racist. Yet these are people I would sacrifice a great deal for and them for me.

Just a few days ago, WL used the term "Abo" here. Is he now a racist? The answer is, I don't know. I don't know truthfully if any of you are. The same goes for Teddy, you are all so quick to judge him and i guarantee none of you actually know him. He could have an asian girlfriend for all we know. Would any of you judge him then? Point is none of you actually have any clue what you are talking about, but want to bang on about it and others over and over again like you are free from judgement.

STFU im so sick of hearing about it and all the other judgement passed down on NRL players for menial acts.

Focus on stuff that actually matters.

My last post because ironically all im doing now is perpetuating it.

Last edited by lukeayee on Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:57 pm

if Vailea stays in the 19 that's going to be really annoying. Hopefully he's completely out or named to start, none of this in-the-middle rubbish!

Anyone thinking of playing Coates against the dogs or Ilias against the Dragons?
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:57 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

When you make an unprovoked, racist comment to a random Asian girl walking in the opposite direction, you’re a racist.

Luke’s take on this whole thing is quite funny. You can tell he lived a privileged life growing up in the eastern burbs
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:58 pm

Just calculated DylBro base stats last 3(tackles-MT + run and kick metres - errs and pens) = 40pts. Fifi total score avg last 3 = 44. Can't really look past this trade

Last edited by Loomer on Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:58 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

Teddy was my favourite player. Now when I see him the word 'racist' immediately pops into mind and a feeling of disappointment.

Yeah I got loyalty to him after he won me my h2h grand final last year when I captained him and he got like 88 points was fucken legendary.

But yeah nah just gotta move on with it aye, all nrl players have done dumb shit and I'm sure Teddy is remorseful for it, more on the minor scale in my personal opinion but ah well.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:00 pm

Community trade poll still not conclusive

If you haven't voted, please go and have a say now

Will put up the captaincy poll shortly, but trying to get a definitive view on potential trades/no trades this week.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1926-rd-5-trades-part-2
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:01 pm

With Koula off the cards for this week now should I
    TU:Fifita to Cleary
    TD: Hold trades

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:03 pm

Apologies for going off topic...

https://twitter.com/JoeyDunlop7/status/1511864070911438849?t=Qt7W3CeyEoN8PWXdtoH8zA&s=19
    Coen Hess won't be risked and has been cut from the @nthqldcowboys squad ahead of tomorrow's clash with the Warriors.
    Payten conforming the Cowboys will be 1 to 17. @7NewsTownsville
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:04 pm

hymenbustas wrote:

When you make an unprovoked, racist comment to a random Asian girl walking in the opposite direction, you’re a racist.

Luke’s take on this whole thing is quite funny. You can tell he lived a privileged life growing up in the eastern burbs

I'm sorry, are you passing judgement about me and people in the Eastern Suburbs?

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 am