NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:21 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Think he’s an upgrade on mann, I’m too scared to miss the fifita points train when it eventually pulls into the station
    The train no doubt arrives this weekend as I have just traded him out!

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:22 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Cool mate, and probably more family friendly than spending hours on your fantasy team 👍

Yes and no, she is almost 2 but I thought we can get so invested in digital that its nice to switch off too and do something physical/constructive so this was my outlet
    Also if Footy (fantasy and IRL) is your only thing and it goes to shit, then your escapism/outlet is gone with it
    So my advice is to try new things, take a night off or make some time outside of online to do something fun

Anyways hopefully she takes an interest in painting/board games as something we can share other than Sharks/Jets games (Haha she has the sharkies chant sorted at the behest of her mother and grandfather)
    Don't get me wrong I still enjoy this game but it can take over a bit, so this year is a bit more light hearted/relaxed
    I mention this as advice for others too, which is why I shared

End of the day this is just a game, get involved in the social aspect/meet up too as it can give you an entire different perspective to the next time the online persona comments
    The same with how comments can be misinterpreted via the tone being written down here
    I don't hate anyone here, sometimes I might be simply challenging your thought process or perhaps think outside your box
    Or frustrated a little at you as the potential to be a better fantasy player is there, but you need to take feedback onboard, take a breath and then make a decision. Probably helps you IRL as well

More mentor than player now, getting too old haha
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:31 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Yes and no, she is almost 2 but I thought we can get so invested in digital that its nice to switch off too and do something physical/constructive so this was my outlet
    Also if Footy (fantasy and IRL) is your only thing and it goes to shit, then your escapism/outlet is gone with it
    So my advice is to try new things, take a night off or make some time outside of online to do something fun

Anyways hopefully she takes an interest in painting/board games as something we can share other than Sharks/Jets games (Haha she has the sharkies chant sorted at the behest of her mother and grandfather)
    Don't get me wrong I still enjoy this game but it can take over a bit, so this year is a bit more light hearted/relaxed

End of the day this is just a game, get involved in the social aspect/meet up too as it can give you an entire different perspective to the next time the online persona comments
    The same with how comments can be misinterpreted via the tone being written down here
    I don't hate anyone here, sometimes I might be simply challenging your thought process or perhaps think outside your box
    Or frustrated a little at you as the potential to be a better fantasy player is there, but you need to take feedback onboard, take a breath and then make a decision. Probably helps you IRL as well

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 45 Giphy
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:34 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

You're a legend.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:42 pm

ytsb wrote:

You're a legend.

Haha nope just a member on a forum watching pretend numbers and fantasy player stocks and posting the same 50 gifs
    The thing I am probably most proud on here and seeing is an entire section of team trackers
    Its not easy writing it all down for people to see, but it does help
    I hope that would be my fantasy legacy, even if I played a small part of inspiring it many many years ago haha
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:42 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Not 100% keen. Might hold trades and hope for a better cow in later weeks. Who makes more money? - Thompson - or just holding Tuilagi?

I don't know. I'm clearing the decks, going with Thompson now. Like you I'm hoping for a better cash cow to come along. I've still got Bullemore/Paulo/Ilias etc who will probably need moving on sooner or later.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:44 pm

I am still weighing up if it's worth spending 20Kto upgrade Vailea to Thompson.....hmmm...dunno.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Not 100% keen. Might hold trades and hope for a better cow in later weeks. Who makes more money? - Thompson - or just holding Tuilagi?

As I mentioned I kind of with you here. Reminds me last year of jumping on Bridge Jones when Friz came back a bit early and he immediately went back to the bench for 15 points.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:46 pm

Something to think about as well with a comment about fallen guns
    With all the crap cows its not end of the world if you can get a few bargain bin players
    Mcinnes/Crichton to name a few, going to be interesting especially with Cleary back very soon
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:54 pm

My mind's telling me no, but my body, my bodyyyyy, is telling me yyyyyeeeeesssss, baby (trading Crichton)

I don't wanna hurt no body, but there is something I must confess.

I don't see nothin' wrong, with a little bump n grind (trade rage)

Bump n' grind:

Last edited by ytsb on Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:54 pm

wolfking wrote:

As I mentioned I kind of with you here.  Reminds me last year of jumping on Bridge Jones when Friz came back a bit early and he immediately went back to the bench for 15 points.

Pretty sure I tried to talk you out of that. Seemed a bit late for him. Are we late on Leo though??
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:55 pm

wolfking wrote:

As I mentioned I kind of with you here.  Reminds me last year of jumping on Bridge Jones when Friz came back a bit early and he immediately went back to the bench for 15 points.

I think simultaneously a lot of people have gone way overboard with Leo expectations, and also he's probably a worthwhile buy, albeit with quite a lot of role risk.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:55 pm

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:58 pm

I can't loop so who would you play as last reserve Nanai or Bullemor. Cheers.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:01 pm

White Lightning wrote:I can't loop so who would you play as last reserve Nanai or Bullemor. Cheers.

Nanai for me! Such a try hard reckon he’s a big game player
    Squid

Post by Squid Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:01 pm

Thinking pulling Bullemor and Amone for Thompson and Sexton 50k in the kitty (Will make A Fifta and Koula a problem for another day)

Keen to hear everyones thoughts on Sexton, Can also afford Teddy as well but will give me only 1k left over

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:03 pm

I’m just going to do 1 trade Tuilagi to Starling. I’ll worry about Cleary in 2-3 weeks time not gonna tear my team apart for him.

Tuilagi to Starling leaves me with 35 trades left and:

51k itb

Randall
    Haas M. King J. King
    Fifita Nanai
    Mann Schneider
    Tago Penisini
    Teddy Pap S. Crichton 

Hynes Arrow Starling Grant
    Ilias Bullemor Billy Smith Koula

Thoughts?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:05 pm

Re Bullemor I get the feeling they will move him to middle soon. Davey is around, Lawton can play edge too and Schuster probs not too far away. Bullemor in the middle playing 35-40mins can score at a ppm.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:08 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Re Bullemor I get the feeling they will move him to middle soon. Davey is around, Lawton can play edge too and Schuster probs not too far away. Bullemor in the middle playing 35-40mins can score at a ppm.

Perhaps. To be honest I don't think Manly's forwards have been doing the job. Their play the ball speed has been tragic, not giving DCE and turbo space. DCE's kicks have been noticeably rushed sometimes.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:08 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Re Bullemor I get the feeling they will move him to middle soon. Davey is around, Lawton can play edge too and Schuster probs not too far away. Bullemor in the middle playing 35-40mins can score at a ppm.

Aloiai back next week too?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:24 am