NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 8 - Don't Panic. You can still shuffle most of your players endlessly tomorrow.

toast
    toast

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 8 - Don't Panic. You can still shuffle most of your players endlessly tomorrow. - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 8 - Don't Panic. You can still shuffle most of your players endlessly tomorrow.

Post by toast Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:55 am

Bethany_B wrote:

I would just do that anyway, Cotter won't make enough money. Mann might, but I don't think he'll be as good as some here think.

If you can get away with not having that HOK coverage, I would almost go Munster over Grant, Munster averaged 60 (55 in new scoring) last year despite barely doing anything in attack.

I really like Munster as an option (had him at the start of last year) but too pricey for me. Only way I could do it would be to change Smith to someone <287k and I don't like any of the options (maybe Vailea).

Either way, I think I'd prefer the gun hooker at this stage.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 8 - Don't Panic. You can still shuffle most of your players endlessly tomorrow. - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 8 - Don't Panic. You can still shuffle most of your players endlessly tomorrow.

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:59 am

mattnz wrote:

I am working out getting Tago in. If Walters is dropped or benched, he is my candidate to free up a slot. If not and he holds his spot, great, I find someone else Smile

Can move Burton to Halves to make it work for cover.

Mine is Leniu to Tago haha too many cans last night

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:59 am

wolfking wrote:Have people gone off Coates?

In my squad. Weighing up if I play him over Tuilagi, assuming pap is good to go.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:00 am

Bethany_B wrote:

I think he'll get closer to JAC's scores than you think, sure he's not quite as good but I think he's a very good player, and will now have quality players on his inside feeding him the ball, instead of Brodie Croft and Anthony Milford, and not to mention he was also outside notorious ball hog Kotoni Staggs.

I think he'll average mid to high 30s over the season, but at some point will get up to ~500k after a run of tries, at which time you'd sell him. Guys like him and JAC go on runs, and then lose the money they made.

Yeah you're right he's bound to have some big games and if he strings a few of them together then there could be some nice cash gains there. He's in my team at the moment
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:00 am

I think I’ll just take the hit guys Cheese could easily barge over for a try against the Tigers weak defence and Bird could go big against the Warriors then I’ll be spewing. Means I go back to only having 2k left but oh well...
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:02 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I think I’ll just take the hit guys Cheese could easily barge over for a try against the Tigers weak defence and Bird could go big against the Warriors then I’ll be spewing. Means I go back to only having 2k left but oh well...

I've got Cheese as my captain, he is scoring 85.

We also have to remember, we shouldn't be tearing our teams apart to get 1 player. There will always be someone that shows up.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:02 am

White Lightning wrote:full disclosure Mann is my fav fantasy player so I might be a little biased

Probably one of the greatest songs of all time

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:02 am

White Lightning wrote:full disclosure Mann is my fav fantasy player so I might be a little biased

If Mann puts up 50+ points and gets the rumoured 60+ mins this round, I'll be happy to downgrade Taumalolo (unless Tolo goes bananas).
    All proceeds will go to the "Get Cleary into my squad"-fund
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:05 am

BCT05 wrote:

Yeah you're right he's bound to have some big games and if he strings a few of them together then there could be some nice cash gains there. He's in my team at the moment

Pretty much.

For those of us who do have Coates, you have to play the average. Don't try to guess when he'll go big or not, as odds are you'll get it wrong and he'll have big scores on your bench.

If you have a way of looping him in for a specific week, then by all means do that, but otherwise just stick him in your 17 and take the average, until he goes on a run and you then sell him

edit: odds are you won't be looping him in for the first half of the year, as the Storm play very late in the round almost every week until round 12

Last edited by Bethany_B on Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:06 am

Who are we expecting to score more out of the favoured cheapies in the halves?

TU: Schenider
    TD: Ilias

Walters currently in EMG's also... would think he scores the lowest?

Quite a few probably with the same headache today
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:06 am

Hooker Part 1

I have been quietly sitting on Jake Simpkin as my backup Hooker. On the basis that he now has Liddle injury sized window to prove himself as a first grader and the #1 Tigers Hooker. He is young and last year was the next big thing, and has killed it in NSW cup. He's now a year older and could be right to step up.

For a comparison, Mahoney played 9 games in his first NRL season and scored 34ppg in 57mpg. He then jumped to a 50ppg player in season 2.

Simpkin played 9 games in his first NRL season and scored 31ppg in 43mpg. Can he jump to a 50ppg player in season 2?

Too risky?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:07 am

Snatchpato wrote:Are people not worried about Vaileas job security? Seems like a potential trap to me

I've warmed to him.

*Earned the spot on merit at R1, a lot of other cheap players relying on injuries etc.
    *Young gun - 19, big wraps in QCup/juniors and NZ schools rugby - on upward trajectory. Feel this kind of player more likely to hold position/not get dropped than a 20-something whose been around awhile (e.g. the alternatives)
    *Grew up playing FB and halves so has skillz, not just a raw/unpolished athletic type
    *I've probably invested in 7 or 8 traps, this is a cheap one
    Talfal
    Talfal

Post by Talfal Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:07 am

Rabbits21 you make me laugh sometimes mate! You change your mind faster and more often then a Meth head quitting meth, Its fun to watch. Keep being you bud Cheers

EDIT: in no way is this meant to sound like a putdown or anything! Your a good lad
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:09 am

Talfal wrote:Rabbits21 you make me laugh sometimes mate! You change your mind faster and more often then a Meth head quitting meth, Its fun to watch. Keep being you bud Cheers

EDIT: in no way is this meant to sound like a putdown or anything! Your a good lad

Hahhahahahahah
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:10 am

Loomer wrote:

Probably one of the greatest songs of all time

Give me this one any day.

If you haven't seen Rock n' Rolla stop what you are doing right now and go watch it.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:12 am

Hooker Part 2

Earlier in pre season I had pencilled in Paix as my back up hooker.
    At just $323k, that's an $80k+ saving on the likes of Clark and Simpkin.

From the bits I've read on here he's out for Covid, but no symptoms.
    Is he likely to be starting Hooker for broncos next week and is he worth considering? [I have no intent to deliberately get a red dot this week, but the $80k would be handy.])

Too risky?

Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:18 am

This Philly vs Nets game is lit rn if anyone is into the NBA.

Simmons the villian now even on the bench hahahah
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:19 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:Hooker Part 2

Earlier in pre season I had pencilled in Paix as my back up hooker.  
    At just $323k, that's an $80k+ saving on the likes of Clark and Simpkin.

From the bits I've read on here he's out for Covid, but no symptoms.
    Is he likely to be starting Hooker for broncos next week and is he worth considering? [I have no intent to deliberately get a red dot this week, but the $80k would be handy.])

Too risky?

Fwiw cobbo was fb the same trial paix started. They were experimenting. Paix could get the top job but its a big risk to take.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:20 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:Hooker Part 1

I have been quietly sitting on Jake Simpkin as my backup Hooker.  On the basis that he now has Liddle injury sized window to prove himself as a first grader and the #1 Tigers Hooker.  He is young and last year was the next big thing, and has killed it in NSW cup.  He's now a year older and could be right to step up.

For a comparison, Mahoney played 9 games in his first NRL season and scored  34ppg in 57mpg.  He then jumped to a 50ppg player in season 2.

Simpkin played 9 games in his first NRL season and scored 31ppg in 43mpg.  Can he jump to a 50ppg player in season 2?  

Too risky?

Been bouncing between Clark, simpkin and starling for awhile now... currently sitting with Clark but damn just can't decide.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:23 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I've got Cheese as my captain, he is scoring 85.

We also have to remember, we shouldn't be tearing our teams apart to get 1 player. There will always be someone that shows up.
    Fuck it Cheese highest score in the last 3 years is 72. Grant has a higher ceiling.

Opacic on that side avg 41 in the first 10 rounds last year and I think Penisini is a better player. Worst case should avg 36-37 first 10 rounds and I need a Parra bloke in my team.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:39 pm