NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 8 - Don't Panic. You can still shuffle most of your players endlessly tomorrow.

Finch
    Finch

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 8 - Don't Panic. You can still shuffle most of your players endlessly tomorrow. - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 8 - Don't Panic. You can still shuffle most of your players endlessly tomorrow.

Post by Finch Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:54 am

Loomer wrote:

Really? Walsh and Lodge back next game. Who misses out? Pene plus one more probably. Actually worrying me as Aitken owner that he'll go CTR to accommodate. Plus I read talk of Arthars carrying a knock.

Perhaps CHT will drop to #14, or get dropped all together while Jazz T keeps #14 spot.

If Brown wanted Aitken to be playing CTR this week he would've done so, Warriors aren't short of CTR's. Arthars/Pompey not picked for this one.

Sounds like it's Vaileas spot to lose.
    Finch
    Finch

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 8 - Don't Panic. You can still shuffle most of your players endlessly tomorrow. - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 8 - Don't Panic. You can still shuffle most of your players endlessly tomorrow.

Post by Finch Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:56 am

BCT05 wrote:I like Amone, just it would take me to 4 halves (not counting Hynes or Burton)

Might still go with him, it comes down to:

Amone + Russell

Vs

Thompson + Coates/Berry

Whichever WFB I choose would be my only WFB backup so just concerned about Russell's job security

Yeah there's a bit of value in the halves. Amone/Ilias/Schneider.

Then you add in Burton. Personally I'm all over Clifford & SJ as well. Someone (Might've been MS) mentioned how the game is now could benefit Moses and his boot as well...
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:56 am

Leniu to Tago is an easy trade 😂😂😰
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:57 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Starling is a bad pick yeah? I’m tempted if he gets 55 minutes a game like he did at the back end of last year but that can’t be expected in a fresh season can it?

It's interesting from rds 17-21 he played 55mins(53 one game) while Hodgson played 80mins. 44 avg with 2 tries and a TA in there. How did he get those minutes?
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:59 am

I had Penis as a centre with Burton. I was concerned about having both Crighton and Tago in my 17. Glad I switched back at the last minute.

This week at least. Whether it was a long term great decision is yet to be seen.

Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:59 am

Loomer wrote:

Really? Walsh and Lodge back next game. Who misses out? Pene plus one more probably. Actually worrying me as Aitken owner that he'll go CTR to accommodate. Plus I read talk of Arthars carrying a knock.

Walsh and Lodge have nothing to do with Vailea.

The one more is CHT, who is filling in at fullback and has never played centre. If they planned on using him at centre, why not do it now and play DWZ at fullback for the week given Chanel isn't a fullback either. Didn't play centre in the trial.

The threats to Vailea are -

Pompey - sucks
    Arthas - meh and only a loan player
    Aitken - if Tohu comes back and Katoa has been killing it. But Brown seems to love Aitken as a forward

Or they start fucking around Montoya into centre or something.

Last edited by Regulator on Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:00 am

Finch wrote:

Yeah there's a bit of value in the halves. Amone/Ilias/Schneider.

Then you add in Burton. Personally I'm all over Clifford & SJ as well. Someone (Might've been MS) mentioned how the game is now could benefit Moses and his boot as well...

Yeah plenty of halves to go around this year. I have had both Clifford and Moses in my team at certain points but settled on Sexton. I do think Clifford is still a pretty good option.

Sexton down to Clifford would actually allow me to have Amone and Coates, another option to ponder today...
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:00 am

Finch wrote:

Perhaps CHT will drop to #14, or get dropped all together while Jazz T keeps #14 spot.

If Brown wanted Aitken to be playing CTR this week he would've done so, Warriors aren't short of CTR's. Arthars/Pompey not picked for this one.

Sounds like it's Vaileas spot to lose.

CHT won't get dropped most likely #14 and I really hope Aitken stays edge but what if Arthars knock story true. I'm getting John Palavi vibes
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:01 am

Mulvy wrote:

You wouldn't have to trade necessarily. Hold for a week or two once Verrills is back and see what his bench role is.

Yeah. Other option is watson continues to start and they bring verrills on after 25.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:01 am

Hmmm.

Would anyone do Amone & Nofo -> L.Mitchell & Vailea

If it meant using the piggy bank to get Chrichton's 58?

Edit:

could also do Mann & Nofo -> Nuff + Latrell.

And I was off man until @PongaYeotheMann talked him up......

Last edited by L-Jimmy on Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:01 am

I'm looking at Wilton, Fermour & E Katoa. Each with questionable job security and I haven't seen any of them play. Are any of them a clear cut pick?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:01 am

Loomer wrote:

It's interesting from rds 17-21 he played 55mins(53 one game) while Hodgson played 80mins. 44 avg with 2 tries and a TA in there. How did he get those minutes?

Yeah where the minutes came from is what I’m interested in
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:02 am

I'm still not convinced on Ilias.

His 1 game last year, he scored 31, including a try. Missed 5 tackles.

Sure it's only 1 game, his debut and what not. But if we're expecting Walker to be doing all the kicking, I don't know where Ilias is going to get his points.

If he averages 35 the next 3 weeks, he makes 48K. Lol

If 30 average, 26K

He's going to need around 40ish points to be making that quick cash.

I've literally only selected him because everyone else has and I don't want to be behind the 8-ball if I'm wrong lol.

Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:02 am

BCT05 wrote:

Yeah plenty of halves to go around this year. I have had both Clifford and Moses in my team at certain points but settled on Sexton. I do think Clifford is still a pretty good option.

Sexton down to Clifford would actually allow me to have Amone and Coates, another option to ponder today...

Do it mate. We'll be the Clifford bros.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:03 am

Finch wrote:I'm still not convinced on Ilias.

Sure it's only 1 game, his debut and what not. But if we're expecting Walker to be doing all the kicking, I don't know where Ilias is going to get his points.

If 30 average, 26K

I've literally only selected him because everyone else has and I don't want to be behind the 8-ball if I'm wrong lol.

Why are we expecting Walker to do all the kicking?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:07 am

Welshy wrote:

He won't. He didn't in Charity sheild think was 179m vs 174m. Just quick scan Walker in entire career has max 310m then 300m and 7 above 200m. He's not turning into big metre kicker
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:08 am

Loomer wrote:

He won't. He didn't in Charity sheild think was 179m vs 174m. Just quick scan Walker in entire career has max 310m then 300m and 7 above 200m. He's not turning into big metre kicker

Exactly my thoughts.
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:10 am

Welshy wrote:

The goal kicking is a big one, even not being a great kicker he could get 6 points from that. With Keary back steering the ship it could lead to more attacking stats. Not convinced he’s a keeper, likely to get to 600k and make some money whilst putting out decent scores to start the season
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:10 am

Finch wrote:I'm still not convinced on Ilias.

If 30 average, 26K

Not all cash cows can make their cash super quick. I think he'll comfortably make enough cash over a slightly longer period to be worthwhile. Priced at 24 he's a bit of a no brainer
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:11 am

Holy Moly wrote:I'm looking at Wilton, Fermour & E Katoa. Each with questionable job security and I haven't seen any of them play. Are any of them a clear cut pick?

I was set on Wilton to bank a few 50s before Graham returns, but might downgrade him to Fermor to get a bit more cash in the bank and give me some options to get in Tago after this round.

Think Fermor's spot is secure, he'll be playing the 80. Proctor isn't an issue, if anything Proctor will spell Fifita

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:54 am