NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 5 - RIP Shane Warne

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 5 - RIP Shane Warne - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 5 - RIP Shane Warne

Post by Milchcow Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:56 pm

If I can't get a team I'm happy with using Cook or Mahoney will probably just run Clark as backup hooker.

I think there's enough value and points potential there
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 5 - RIP Shane Warne - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 5 - RIP Shane Warne

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:59 pm

ytsb wrote:

Sounds like we are pretty well on the same page. Have you considered sacrificing Cleary for DCE? I’ll be doing this if it’s justified when I finally settle on a team with him in.

With my structure if I sacrifice Cleary it'd probably be for Difita (Cleary and Nanai for Difita and Burton)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:05 am

Milchcow wrote:

This is exactly how Taupau minutes watch started.

He finished 2019 with a run of bigger minute games (46 minutes first half of the year, 53 minutes 2nd half).

So in 2020 the obvious result was going to be increased minutes. And indeed, by the start of round 17, 2020 Taupau had played over 50 minutes once that year

Also remember that just 2 weeks ago you had gone completely off Utoikamanu because he didn't do much in the first trial.
    and if Alex Twal was cheaper in fantasy, I daresay the more prevailing wisdom on this forum would be that he should be the one playing big minutes (as was the case 12 months ago)

As a Wests fan, as opposed to a Fantasy player, do you think Uto is your best middle? Should he be getting big minutes and (unlike Taupau who's a great player but is always on his haunches after fifteen minutes) does he have the engine for it?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:20 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

As a Wests fan, as opposed to a Fantasy player, do you think Uto is your best middle? Should he be getting big minutes and (unlike Taupau who's a great player but is always on his haunches after fifteen minutes) does he have the engine for it?

He is probably our most damaging middle, but he wouldn't be the one with the best motor (which would be Twal) if Peachey is lock then he can also play decent minutes there. Uto may be better served limiting his game time so he can be more effective when on the field.

I'd be happy to have Twal get bulk minutes and get through the defensive workload, and have Uto have a couple of good stints to try and make something happen.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:22 am

Milchcow wrote:

He is probably our most damaging middle, but he wouldn't be the one with the best motor (which would be Twal) if Peachey is lock then he can also play decent minutes there. Uto may be better served limiting his game time so he can be more effective when on the field.

My thoughts too
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:27 am

Alex Twal has the best tackle efficiency out of anyone in the NRL last year (minimum 100 tackles)

Be very happy for Madge to give him the game time
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:32 am

WT2K wrote:

My thoughts too
    Is he in your team?
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:53 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Agree fully and it was all played as hush hush by ch 9. If it was some other teams it wouldn’t have been played as hush hush that’s for sure.

What a load of crap, your bias against the Roosters/Nick Politis overtime is just childish.

Didn't you know jealousy is a curse.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:15 am

Top tip: do not watch old highlights packages while fiddling with your team: https://youtu.be/DCm7nTsWd9Y
    Londonbunny

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 5 - RIP Shane Warne - Page 25 Empty H2H team needing help/advice

Post by Londonbunny Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:47 am

n a 14 team league.
    Just looking for advice/feedback on getting a back up EDGE player. Current team is

Simpkin
    L.Thompson
    AFB
    NOS
    Riki
    Capewell
    Keary
    D.Walker
    J.Manu
    Penisini
    Brimson
    Kennedy
    Mulitalo

McInnes
    H.Grant
    Moses Suli
    T.Wilton

Available on RFA atm for edge are T. gilbert (Mid/Edge) and Host, e.Katoa, E.Butcher to name top picks. t.Harris and Graham too but avoiding due to injury proneness

Wilton will play for next 6 weeks in Graham absence and averages high enough. T.Gilbert covers two positions but Mcinnes will be HOK/MID when he gets HOK position in few rounds
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:49 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Been looking at ways to get in Ted and Angus and Momi (if kicking) because the Roosters could be full of points the first few months. However, those attacking points could be shared around (Keary, Walker, Manu) with no one player going Turbo-ballistic just fairly high scores across the board.

*If* Momi kicks there's 8-10 points of simple, predictable value there though.

How sure are we that Momi kicks? Roosters centers normally score pretty well and he is talented. Could be the undervalued CTR keeper we are looking for.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:58 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Alex Twal has the best tackle efficiency out of anyone in the NRL last year (minimum 100 tackles)

Twal went 7 games in a row without missing a tackle, while making 319 tackles in those games last season. Unheard of!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:00 am

rhinoceroo wrote:This will probably change on TLT, but currently have TEN players in 300-350k range. That seems to be where all the value is this year, but ten does seem to be bargain-chasing overkill.

Just can't see much value or security in the sub-300 range other that Schneider, so only have him and one other (King currently). Will eg Penisini make more money than Vailea? Probably. Will Nanai make more than AFifita? Coates more than Russell? Again, probably. And who are you happier to play in your 17 when required?

240s will crop up through the year when starting hookers etc get injured (look at Schneider this week) meaning you can cash out those who are stumbling, but year of the Premium Starting Ubercow.

Very similar to my current team. Only base price player is Schneider. Not sure I want a PPM bench forward to score me 20s for a few weeks then get dropped.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:05 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Top tip: do not watch old highlights packages while fiddling with your team: https://youtu.be/DCm7nTsWd9Y
    Fuck it, starting with Lolo and no one can talk me out of it.

I just went from 6 to midnight.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:05 am

mattnz wrote:

How sure are we that Momi kicks? Roosters centers normally score pretty well and he is talented. Could be the undervalued CTR keeper we are looking for.

Well, we're not sure. That's the point. Keighran will likely kick if selected. SST can kick, although there are problems with giving the gig to a prop. Maybe Ben Walker has taught his son how to kick during the off-season. Momirovski seems most likely to me, but there is uncertainty there.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:06 am

Londonbunny wrote:n a 14 team league.
    Just looking for advice/feedback on getting a back up EDGE player. Current team is

Simpkin
    L.Thompson
    AFB
    NOS
    Riki
    Capewell
    Keary
    D.Walker
    J.Manu
    Penisini
    Brimson
    Kennedy
    Mulitalo

McInnes
    H.Grant
    Moses Suli
    T.Wilton

Available on RFA atm for edge are T. gilbert (Mid/Edge) and Host, e.Katoa, E.Butcher to name top picks. t.Harris and Graham too but avoiding due to injury proneness

Wilton will play for next 6 weeks in Graham absence and averages high enough. T.Gilbert covers two positions but Mcinnes will be HOK/MID when he gets HOK position in few rounds
    Did you just say Tohu was on the RFA list?

If so what the fuck get Tohu. When he comes back he's a solid 60 point scorer. I picked him up in round 3 of my draft.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:08 am

Milchcow wrote:

Has been up around the top of this stat for a few years. If he wasn’t so boring he might make my team
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:16 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Has been up around the top of this stat for a few years. If he wasn’t so boring he might make my team

I loved his boring 60-65 points per week when in my team.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:18 am

Londonbunny wrote:n a 14 team league.

Simpkin
    L.Thompson
    AFB
    NOS
    Riki
    Capewell
    Keary
    D.Walker
    J.Manu
    Penisini
    Brimson
    Kennedy
    Mulitalo

McInnes
    H.Grant
    Moses Suli
    T.Wilton

You’ve got Riki/Capewell/Wilton, I dunno why you’re priotising an EDG. I could be missing something tho.

I’d just stash Harris. Mistake people make it draft is focusing too much on R1.

I don’t think MCInnes will get HOK, but you don’t need it anyway
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:28 am

There are a few key things that have changed for Uto from his big minute scoring run to finish last season, that means those expecting huge minutes are likely to be disappointed.

1. Tamou didn't play 5 of the last 6 games and looks to have got injured, only playing 27 minutes in the 6th of these games. Tamou never played off the bench all last season and is their captain. Is missing from round 1 team with a suspension. Screams trap!

2. Even if Uto is named at prop ahead of Tamou for round 2 when he returns, Twal would be the prop next to him and is easily capable of 60-80 minutes. I wouldn't be banking on Twal going off the field first.

3. Peachey has arrived. Another big minute MID that looks to be starting lock.

All this combined means Uto isnt the value buy everyone expects and isn't getting in my team, until they have a couple of injuries that would free up big minutes.

Last edited by mattnz on Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:03 pm