NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

North Queensland Cowboys

RandomSil
    RandomSil

North Queensland Cowboys Empty North Queensland Cowboys

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:09 pm

So it looks like Coote is going to be shipped off next season. I really like Coote and liked him back when he was at the Panthers. I think this is a big loss for the squad as he really rounded out that spine.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/cowboys/north-queensland-cowboys-to-let-lachlan-coote-leave-after-salary-cap-squeeze/news-story/13215e0ee11541a9a54cbf0f450b9585

Especially if reports are true they want to rely on a rookie. I also thought Tamou would have been shipped off first.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

North Queensland Cowboys Empty Re: North Queensland Cowboys

Post by Honeysett Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:29 pm

Random wrote:So it looks like Coote is going to be shipped off next season. I really like Coote and liked him back when he was at the Panthers. I think this is a big loss for the squad as he really rounded out that spine.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/cowboys/north-queensland-cowboys-to-let-lachlan-coote-leave-after-salary-cap-squeeze/news-story/13215e0ee11541a9a54cbf0f450b9585

Especially if reports are true they want to rely on a rookie. I also thought Tamou would have been shipped off first.

Feldt to fullback? Gideon Mosby onto the wing?

Newcastle were interested in Coote I think I read last week, would love him at Newcastle.

Dip

Post by Dip Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Tamou has been awesome since about origin 1 last year, and I think will be even better with reduced interchange. I was pretty critical of his season and a half before that, but it seems now he's injury free he's back to his best. No way would I be cutting him. Coote has been excellent, but i reckon he's replaceable.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:50 pm

Big loss for the boys if he goes, who helps JT in the general play kick game? Morgan no where near the level of Coote in that regard
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:47 pm

Welshy wrote:Big loss for the boys if he goes, who helps JT in the general play kick game? Morgan no where near the level of Coote in that regard

Massive loss for the Cows IF he goes.

As is the case with Darius at the Broncos, his worth to the team is completely under-rated.
    Mainly IMO because of his biggest asset.....his steadiness. This tends to minimise the number of flashy, eye catching plays that are usually lapped up by the general punter.

Not only is he a better general play kicker than Morgan but I would suggest he's also probably more important to the team's success.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:50 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Massive loss for the Cows IF he goes.

As is the case with Darius at the Broncos, his worth to the team is completely under-rated.
    Mainly IMO because of his biggest asset.....his steadiness. This tends to minimise the number of flashy, eye catching plays that are usually lapped up by the general punter.

Not only is he a better general play kicker than Morgan but I would suggest he's also probably more important to the team's success.

100% agree with this mate
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:51 pm

Dip wrote:Tamou has been awesome since about origin 1 last year, and I think will be even better with reduced interchange. I was pretty critical of his season and a half before that, but it seems now he's injury free he's back to his best. No way would I be cutting him. Coote has been excellent, but i reckon he's replaceable.

I think it's easy to find a fullback these day the quality of Coote than a prop the quality of Tamou so I would agree with you.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:37 am

Honeysett wrote:

Feldt to fullback? Gideon Mosby onto the wing?

Newcastle were interested in Coote I think I read last week, would love him at Newcastle.  

Would love him at newcastle.
    Hes a quality FB - safe, steady head, skillful and seems like a hard working good bloke. Just about everything newcastle is lacking these days.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:09 pm

i'd take coote at the dogs, better fullback then bmoz (who could shift to the wing) and abbey is still an unknown
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:01 pm

fensom to the cowboys?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Pieman wrote:fensom to the cowboys?
    Why do the Cowboys need Fensom? Surely the Titans need a new lock after Bird left.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:30 pm

I guess big JT plays prop? They are light on front rowers
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:09 am

Pieman wrote:I guess big JT plays prop? They are light on front rowers

fensom might even play as a prop for a short stint, i doubt he start or is ever guranteed a spot in the 17
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:21 pm

I guess this is the Cowboys thread.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year when JT is back. I think JT is a much better halfback than 5/8, but if next year is his swangsong and it seems Morgan will be the halfback long term, then surely you play Morgan at half next year and JT and 5/8 rather than the other way around.

That'd be nice for QLD too, with their halves combination of Morgan and Munster (assuming Cronk retires) both playing there for their club too.

Cowboys must be favourites for 2018. Makes the grand final (and possibly wins), and then essentially add JT, Scott and McLean to that team. Meanwhile their strongest opposition lose Cronk and possibly Slater, and while the Roosters and Broncos arguably have good signings, they're nothing like the additions the Cowboys will effectively have.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 pm