NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try - Page 47 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try

Post by robelgordo Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:46 am

Lchy wrote:Anyway I've been mega bored this week since uni wraps up next Friday and I've been bludging all my last assessments since they don't matter too much. Momo to the Roosters means we can reasonably enough guess all first choice goalkickers for next year (please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere!)

Brisbane - Reynolds
    Canberra - Croker/Fogarty
    Canterbury - Averillo/Burton
    Cronulla - Hynes/Trindall
    Gold Coast - Sexton
    Manly - Garrick
    Melbourne - Papenhuyzen
    Newcastle - Barnett
    NZ - Walsh
    North Qld - Townsend/Holmes
    Parramatta - Moses
    Penrith - Cleary
    Souths - Latrell (Taaffe for the 8 weeks Latrell will spend suspended)
    St George - Lomax
    Easts - Momirovski
    Wests - Doueihi/Brooks/Hastings

In terms of fantasy relevance I guess I'd be looking at Burton if he pips Avo, Trindall (if he starts at all but GK would be sweet), Paps, Townsend, Hastings if the rumours that Brooks > Newscastle have legs

Momo has scores of 57 and 96 but one of those included a hat trick and both 7 goals. Let me make that clear: he kicked 14 goals in 2 games. Playing for the Tigers! Unbelievable.

Good post. Will Knights be Clifford or Ponga though?
    Lchy
    Lchy

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try - Page 47 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try

Post by Lchy Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:08 am

robelgordo wrote:

Good post. Will Knights be Clifford or Ponga though?

Admittedly don't watch many Knights games, I thought about Ponga but forgot to include him, didn't even think of Clifford. Thanks for the heads up, he very may well be but I'll leave that to someone more qualified lol
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:11 am

mattnz wrote:
    If Burton gets HLF/CTR he is a must have right? Priced at 48, average of 62 in the halves.

DPP would make him an autopick but he's on my shortlist either way tbh, you would think that he'd be kicking the piss out of the ball. Even a Panthers origin weakened side didn't stop him from being a pretty good scorer in the halves this year. Could very reasonably touch 60, especially with GK
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:58 am

mattnz wrote:

They say that everyone will need booster shots as the effect wears off in a few months. I gather you would be unlikely to get it, or may try a different brand instead?

Yeah I've heard a booster is needed in 12 months. My knee-jerk reaction is fuck that, but I'm putting it in the back of my mind until the time comes. I've survived the pfizer for now, so probably just stick to that path.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:58 pm

Ah balls. It is 135 days until TLT.

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:46 am

Sydney papers reporting two options for Luke Brooks, as he doesn’t want to be coached by Maguire. No word on whether Maguire - who actually has won something once, finishing quite higher than 9th - wants to coach him anyway.

Option 1. To Knights, with Pearce rumoured to be about to request a release to replace Maloney at Catalans.

Option 2. To Bulldogs, in a swap with Thompson. Apparently Thompson is anti-vax and the Bulldogs aren’t keen on that headache. But they aren’t sure they want to tie up so much cap in Brooks + Flanno as halves. Although I would suggest Flanno is a bit of a sunk cost by now.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:59 am

robelgordo wrote:Sydney papers reporting two options for Luke Brooks, as he doesn’t want to be coached by Maguire. No word on whether Maguire - who actually has won something once, finishing quite higher than 9th - wants to coach him anyway.

Option 1. To Knights, with Pearce rumoured to be about to request a release to replace Maloney at Catalans.

Option 2. To Bulldogs, in a swap with Thompson. Apparently Thompson is anti-vax and the Bulldogs aren’t keen on that headache. But they aren’t sure they want to tie up so much cap in Brooks + Flanno as halves. Although I would suggest Flanno is a bit of a sunk cost by now.

Brooks to Knights improves both teams pretty significantly

Brooks would thrive when he doesn't need to steer a side, Tigers would thrive without Brooks trying to steer the side. Would be stupid to let him walk while Doueihi is out though, maybe mid year? He might even start the year in reggies which would be excellent for Hastings fantasy stocks
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:09 am

Sheens has come out seemingly in full support of keeping Brooks long-term. I'm more than ready to let him go, even if he has success at some other club.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:33 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah I've heard a booster is needed in 12 months. My knee-jerk reaction is fuck that, but I'm putting it in the back of my mind until the time comes. I've survived the pfizer for now, so probably just stick to that path.

Apparently the bigger reaction you have the better protected you are.  
    I had 4 very bad days after first AZ jab and nothing after 2nd. No hesitation about getting a booster for me.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:46 am

Luke Thompson: There's no way I'm sticking those needles in me! You can't make me!
    Bulldogs: Well you won't play for us then
    Tigers: We'll have you!
    Luke Thompson:

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try - Page 47 2Q==
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:47 am

RFM should be really cheap next season. Should be worth a punt even if he doesn't start initially.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:33 am

Just some contact updates:

Adam Elliot to the Raiders (1 year at $200k apparently)

Koloamatangi extended with Souths through to 2024

Coen Hess extended with Cowboys to 2024.

Pat Carrigan has rejected an extension with the Broncos, and could be at the Dolphins in 2023

Javid Bowen has retired.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:56 am

mattnz wrote:RFM should be really cheap next season. Should be worth a punt even if he doesn't start initially.

I'm pretty sure we say that every year.

I wonder if there's such a thing as mid-year kings, who don't start, play through mid-season covering injuries (boosting price), then tail off towards R25 (lowering price)? Would typically be the versatile FRF/2RF type or a Peachey-esque jack-of-all.

RFM maybe. Tyrone May? Connor Watson? Havili? The bloke who played HKR for Manly for a bit? Hess?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:08 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

I wonder if there's such a thing as mid-year kings, who don't start, play through mid-season covering injuries (boosting price), then tail off towards R25 (lowering price)? Would typically be the versatile FRF/2RF type or a Peachey-esque jack-of-all.

RFM maybe. Tyrone May? Connor Watson? Havili? The bloke who played HKR for Manly for a bit? Hess?

That sounds like half my team in round 25, the guys I bring in to cover origin and are then stuck with as all my remaining trades are blown on replacing guns who get injured or suspended
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:23 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

Started this season at $623k, should be at least $300k less than that next season.
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:51 pm

code delta wrote:

Apparently the bigger reaction you have the better protected you are.  
    I had 4 very bad days after first AZ jab and nothing after 2nd. No hesitation about getting a booster for me.

Morning all,
    been a bit slow at work so I thought I'd check out non-NRL season fantasy.
    To clarify for some of the chat - the AZ is worse first shot, 2nd no probs.
    Pfizer is easier 1st shot and kicks you with the 2nd.
    You're not supposed to swap COVID vax shots as they work differently.
    In terms of lock-outs for anti-vax stance peoples, as a teacher I can tell you straight up in NSW, No vaccination certificate, no working. There's a couple of staff at my school who are currently using LSL as they postpone the inevitable.
    Personally, I think this sucks as if we get vaccinated (double-dose), we shouldn't worry about anyone else who chooses to not get the shot.
    Obviously a politically motivated stance as parents can get the jitters when it comes to their children's health.

Pearce is a done deal. GONE.
    Not sure whether the Knights will make a play for Brooks or not. They may try the Ponga to 5/8 plan that Brown failed to achieve back in 2018/19.
    They also have Phoenix Crossland waiting in the wings and Tex Hoy as fullback in waiting.
    Either way, the Knights will struggle to win as many games in 2022.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:52 pm

While Tyrone May's actions were distasteful and out of touch and a repeat offender there's a big difference between $7.5K and tearing up a contract. What's been swept under the carpet ?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:56 am

No Worries wrote:While Tyrone May's actions were distasteful and out of touch and a repeat offender there's a big difference between $7.5K and tearing up a contract. What's been swept under the carpet ?

He only had a week to go on that contract from memory......so this could be a big show about the fact they are not going to renew.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:14 am

Aardvark wrote:

He only had a week to go on that contract from memory......so this could be a big show about the fact they are not going to renew.

I think they extended a year on his contract mid year but kept it pretty quiet, you know - him being a convicted sex offender and all.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 pm

imo Brooks moving to a new club would benefit his game because it's new & he would know he has to step it up to be the starting half. It would also be good for his mind with a new challenge & new club.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 am