NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try

Post by Milchcow Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm

robelgordo wrote:
    Stuff like NRL fantasy, SuperCoach, FPL where you are against the whole field and there’s less rivalry are a harder sell becuase they aren’t as social.

I have some NearlySport comps and most people in them have little interest in overall style comps where every player can have the same team. Its draft or nothing (which is pretty much what the US is if you aren't playing DFS for money)

What I find a little strange is people who play H2H comps with overall teams. There are plenty of draft options available these days, if you actually want to play H2H with your mates, that is the way to go.

Stuff with a financial investment just discourages casuals, and people who might invest might just find getting on the punt easier.

I think there are a few things that make Fantasy/SC not that friendly for casuals. It is as much a trading/finance game as it is about picking good rugby league players which obviously isn't everyone's cup of tea. Plus there is the need to play every single week, rather than the "whenever I feel like it" of sports betting.

Last edited by Milchcow on Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:09 pm

robelgordo wrote:@Dttragic2016, here’s a long winded answer…

I’ve got a core group of mates/work colleagues that will do various fantasy draft league (NFL, NRL, NBA, a few madmen have done MLB and NHL).. I also work with data daily, so it’s a biased sample

Interest as waned as we all get older though. Not being able to do a draft in person for Nearly Sport/NRLCeo doesn’t help either, thanks COVID

Stuff like NRL fantasy, SuperCoach, FPL where you are against the whole field and there’s less rivalry are a harder sell becuase they aren’t as social.

Stuff with a financial investment just discourages casuals, and people who might invest might just find getting on the punt easier.

The other thing is Aussie sports don’t have the same stats culture as US sports. There’s no obsession on Moneyball like baseball or all the metrics in NFL… I mean they do exist, but as IP in-house for clubs and stats providers.

Even soccer is starting to promote awareness of OptaStats like expected goals.

Meanwhile cricket, which should be stats rich like baseball, experts still mention averages in limited overs cricket. The advanced metrics that are bread and butter to T20 franchises are barely on the radar of the viewers and pundits, and the data are locked away. That effects the fantasy sports side as well. An stats informed audience are more likely to gravitate to these side games

Interesting post and discussion fellas.

Personally (and for a lot of the reasons you and Milch have alluded to), I think there's a huge opportunity for other sports to enhance their offering through fantasy comps in Aus.
    Probably more so, than different formats etc for NRL/AFL.

NRL & AFL are already well invested and entrenched in fantasy comps because of the fan engagement benefits/metrics they fight tooth and nail for; but Cricket has probably had it too good for too long in terms of competition during the summer months, so they probably haven't had to work as hard......and thus hardly put any focus in this area.

If I was running the A-League in particular but also other sports (like golf, netball etc.) I'd be investing and promoting an official fantasy platform to get a jump on cricket.

We all know TV rights drive the success of the sports comps in this country and I can guarantee that a lot of people wouldn't have tuned into a dull/irrelevant Rd 25 Tigers vs Bulldogs showdown if they didn't have a fantasy/tipping agenda.

A few other sports (e.g. athletics comes to mind) that have struggled to get any TV attention and the associated sponsorship revenue for their athletes could also benefit from an attractive franchise comp and given they are heavily stat based, could easily cash in on a fantasy comp too.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:35 pm

A few years ago, the A-league had 3 fantasy comps running.

An official one run by Fanhub, Sportsdeck had one, and Fox Sports ran one.
    The Fox Sports one was relatively popular, and I always enjoyed it. But it and the official one have died off, leaving just the Sportsdeck comp which gets pretty low numbers.

There's just not a lot of demand for it.

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:35 am

StuDogg101 wrote:

That would be @Ben Marlin GM 👍

Of course. Thanks SD.
    Dropping him a note
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:08 am

AL wrote:Spent my NRLShop Voucher on preparing for the Grand Final experience:

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 91 times out of ten, Fifita scores that try - Page 8 Grand_10

I went with bulk training gear, tees, singlets, shorts and a hoodie. Good for the gym and kicking about
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:12 am

Fortitude wrote:

I went with bulk training gear, tees, singlets, shorts and a hoodie. Good for the gym and kicking about

I couldn’t bring myself to spend it all on Broncos gear and my footy shorts days have long passed lol!
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:55 am

AL wrote:

I couldn’t bring myself to spend it all on Broncos gear and my footy shorts days have long passed lol!
    I just wanted a couple of steedens. I couldn’t find them. Rushed. Bought all this raiders gear, and turned out I could have bought one.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:26 am

Fortitude wrote:
    I just wanted a couple of steedens. I couldn’t find them. Rushed. Bought all this raiders gear, and turned out I could have bought one.

Is there actual steedens? I can only find some kids ones. Just remembered I need to spend my vouchers..
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:32 am

my tv broke wrote:Morning all. Missing the early morning fantasy chatter around here as I settle in for a hard day at the office

How is everyone doing?

It's feeling like the off-season isn't it, around here.

Weekend starts today ! Yay for indoor weekends !

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:38 am

GreenMachine wrote:Hello folks… Apologies for disappearing… Life took over the last couple of months. NRL has completely taken a back seat.

Just a quick check in though to say I’m still alive and if you see that T-shirts fella (forget his User) online, can you please tell him to DM me when he’s ready with all the sizes and orders for the 14 League Champions shirt so I can arrange him a PayPal.

My email is set to receive notifications.

Cheers,
    GM

Haven't seen Marlin for yonks...
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:47 am

Manly by 12.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 am

my tv broke wrote:

Is there actual steedens? I can only find some kids ones. Just remembered I need to spend my vouchers..

I think they are small ones? $19.99 each.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:25 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Manly by 12.

Yeah I defaulted to Manly by 10, but need Roosters to get up otherwise I probably won't be watching that semi-final Laughing
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:35 am

Conspiracy theory: They've been pushing the Melbourne vs Manly rivalry hard this year.
    Storm minus smith - can they win another final.
    Manly with Turbo having the season of seasons.

It's all an elaborate high-level Vlandiddlys plan to get these two into the finals.

Conspiracy theory 2: VLandaddy hates Melbourne so doesn't want them in the final.

Panthers vs any other Sydney team and Panthers to win so Vlandaddy can start the dynasty of the Panthers who will win the next 3 grand finals and show how Sydney is better than Melbourne and AFL which for some reason really gets Vlandoodle cranky.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:01 pm

Conspiracy theory #3: Filth has gone stir crazy in lockdown and has started hallucinating. Coupled with the dementia from getting another year older he's basically off the rails.

Belated Happy birthday mate!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:42 pm

Honeysett wrote:Conspiracy theory #3: Filth has gone stir crazy in lockdown and has started hallucinating. Coupled with the dementia from getting another year older he's basically off the rails.

Belated Happy birthday mate!

thanks mate and yeah that's probably a fairly accurate assumption!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1mZLtiwsd4&ab_channel=NathanParks

Accurate depiction of my current sanity level.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:27 pm

Oh man missed the fantasy sport convo after starting it. Will read and reply on Sunday!

Leaving links to our articles & data tools for the NRL this weekend below

Footy preview: https://sporttechdaily.com/our-insights/your-edge-nrl-semi-finals-preview/
    Betting Preview: https://sporttechdaily.com/our-insights/nrl-finals-week-2-betting-preview/
    Draftstars Preview: https://sporttechdaily.com/fantasy-and-tips/nrl-week-2-finals-draftstars-preview/

Betting Data Tool: https://edge.sporttechdaily.com/nrl
    Draftstars Data Tool: https://edge.sporttechdaily.com/nrl/draftstarsnrlstatbible
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:39 pm

Just my 20c worth.
    As a teacher, not Maths, the whole data analysis is a bit of a bore for me - I just love the footy.
    A mate got me into Fantasy bask in 2015, I wasn't very serious, then stumbled onto the Renegades site and discovered actual analysis could improve a team's performance!!

Finally found this little corner of the web, love the banter, opinions, page 51 memes, shot-talking etc. Have run a league for my friends the past few years, but as always, very few casuals can be bothered to keep their team active all season.

I wonder, on average how many "serious" players are running multiple teams and how many actual unique players there are.

Looking forward to the finals - as a neutral now the Knights have Mad-Monday out.

I'll be supporting Panthers, Eels, Manly, Bunnies, Roosters ... daylight ... this year.

Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:43 pm

Two weeks ago NRL Tipping and Fantasy sent me an email congratulating me on winning the Highest Value Squad and stated my $500 in KFC Vouchers where on the way.

So yesterday I get the following email from the same department.

" We’re writing to you again as we were informed yesterday that an audit of the NRL Fantasy prize winner data discovered an error. Unfortunately, the now corrected ranking shows you actually finished 8th on the Highest-value Squad ranking and we have to send the KFC vouchers to someone else.

Our sincere apologies for dropping the ball.

We are aware that this stuff up is likely to result in some pain at your end. To help alleviate that somewhat and thank you for being a good sport and a long-time NRL Fantasy man, we’ve attached a $250 NRL Shop voucher. Working out how to spend it should be easy, but do let us know if you have questions. "

Cheers
    NRL F&T

Not sure whether to be thankful for the $250 gift certificate, or be pissed off as I was promised $500 worth of KFC a few times.

Also after checking the website I'm still listed as first on the rankings so I'm a bit confused as well.

Any ideas on what response I should send them if any ?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:59 pm

Rooster Booster wrote:Two weeks ago NRL Tipping and Fantasy sent me an email congratulating me on winning the Highest Value Squad and stated my $500 in KFC Vouchers where on the way.
    So yesterday I get the following email from the same department.
    " We’re writing to you again as we were informed yesterday that an audit of the NRL Fantasy prize winner data discovered an error. Unfortunately, the now corrected ranking shows you actually finished 8th on the Highest-value Squad ranking and we have to send the KFC vouchers to someone else. Our sincere apologies for dropping the ball. We are aware that this stuff up is likely to result in some pain at your end. To help alleviate that somewhat and thank you for being a good sport and a long-time NRL Fantasy man, we’ve attached a $250 NRL Shop voucher. Working out how to spend it should be easy, but do let us know if you have questions. "

Cheers
    NRL F&T

Not sure whether to be thankful for the $250 gift certificate, or be pissed off as I was promised $500 worth of KFC a few times.
    Also after checking the website I'm still listed as first on the rankings so I'm a bit confused as well.  Any ideas on what response I should send them if any ?
    TBH I'd prefer the NRL vouchers over the KFC and would be happy. But you seem to be in a position of bargaining. Ask why you still show as No. 1, who beat you and get Fiona to throw in a Ronnie Coote and you'll take the $250

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:10 pm